NOBEL ECONOMIST: 'I don’t think globalisation is anywhere near the threat that robots are'

>A Nobel Prize-winning economist has warned that the rise in robotics and automation could destroy millions of jobs across the world.

>Angus Deaton, who won the Nobel Prize last year for his work on health, wealth, and inequality, told the Financial Times he believes robots are a much greater threat to employment in the US than globalisation.

>Addressing the theory that Donald Trump's victory in the US presidential elections was fueled by a backlash against globalisation, Deaton told the FT: "Globalisation for me seems to be not first-order harm and I find it very hard not to think about the billion people who have been dragged out of poverty as a result. I don't think that globalisation is anywhere near the threat that robots are."

>He added: "It's hard to think that Mark Zuckerberg is actually impoverishing anyone by getting rich with Facebook. But driverless cars are another matter entirely.

>nobel prize
good goy award

well he is not wrong. even if all countries were somehow isolated robots and ai are still coming at a rapid rate.

I happen to agree with this. Although I do believe globalism is a huge threat as well.

One of two things are going to happen

>UBI instated
or
>Millions starve, riot, and die

Guess which one it's going to be?

But he's right.

>Millions starve, riot, and
kill

So how is importing millions of immigrants to compete for the limited numbers of jobs which will remain going to help? Worrying about automation while ignoring that inevitable source of conflict takes a great deal of delusion.

>goy

every Nobel prize winner for economics ever is a Jew, except Keynes maybe.

Yeah he is right.

>automation could destroy millions of jobs across the world.

Like, duh

Citation needed

Yeah so what?
Automation destroyed millions of farming jobs. Labor will allocate itself.

I think I prefer robots to most people at this point

It's not a question of robots or no robots, it's merely the question if we control robots and obviously capitalists and globalists will never control robots, since they can't even control borders, how they going to control some mad scientists doing shit. Yes, globalism is still the main threat.

Good point and checked

Even if robots are more dangerous to workers than globalism it's still better to have the robotic assembly lines of industry in the west than in China or some third world country.
Really, there is no comparison to robotics and globalism. They're in completely different categories.

Funooq in Japan has one employee to maintain the machining equipment that has replaced hundreds of machinists jobs already. One out of every 30 days he goes in checks for any empty carbide insert trays, tops up cutting fluids, empties industrial metal chip trays, replacing machining mineral oils and inspects any wear on the gearing systems of each machine. That is all. The plant runs 24/7 unless there's a power outage.

Except you can seize an automated factory, a la Marx's wet dream, and you can't seize pajeet's ass

Globalism is pretty much free market, which means that people are used as numbers to create stuff, any kind of stuff, and the best stuff based on competition then goes into production.
Robotics on other hand is pure control, pure mechanic control and combine that with any kind of stuff, you got any kind of robots that won't go into production, but used as sex toys on black market, Mossad robot units, Allahbots that will eventually destroy the planet. If you don't control robot, robot controls you.

1950's. Women enter the workforce in droves.
Men have trouble competing.
2020's. Robots enter the workforce in droves.
It's still white man's fault.

Yeah i know its horrible that we dont have to work like slaves in the future. But what to do with all the useless proles that waste our precious resources?

>ignores banks
>ignores immigration
>blames robots
>nobel prize
>year 201X

>implying we couldn't create a much better world right now without robots
What man needs is nothing more than a house and land, to live from land, fuck wife and so on. Everything human created is to complicate human's life. Animal fucks, eats, sleeps without complication, we still have more or less same final goals as animals.

What robots? what ai?

Take women out of the workforce. Problem solved.

Weasel afraid that the coming of a post scarcity age will endanger the foundation of inequality upon which rulership by an economic elite is based. Sorry weasel, you can't get off the technology train.

The problem is you don't really need robots if you get rid of the proles. Proles consume, robots produce.

He's right.

People blame globalization and trade, but far more jobs are eliminated by technology.

>having 2 problems is better than 1

There is no Nobel Prize for Economics. It is a fake award that was invented to legitimize the (((science))) of Economics.