ITS ALL OVER AMERICA BTFO

>China's first aircraft carrier has set off to the Western Pacific, the navy says, describing the departure as part of routine exercises.

HOW CAN THE AMERICAN NAVY EVEN COMPETE? WITH CHINA'S ADVANCED RAMP TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA HAS NO HOPE OF WINNING IF A WORE EVER BROKE OUT

bbc.com/news/world-asia-38431999

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Military-Why-dont-US-Aircraft-Carriers-have-ski-jumps
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good thing Asians can't drive or I'd be worried

Do they also land on that ramp?

Every carrier is a multi-billion dollar investment. We have loads, they have one. We're okay for now.

Nice ramp, losers.
I'm kidding, it's actually fucking stupid. Like your entire gook race.
Gook piece of shit.

at least china's isn't smoking like some embarrassing shitboat

So how close are we to another war with China?

I'm ready for round 3.

When your aero-tech is so shitty you need a ramp.

it looks tiny compared to the us ones...

can some one with computer access please photo shop tony hawk getting some "sick air" on that Chinese vert ramp?

>Mfw when too smart to realize that super carriers are useless in a full out war
Also, that thing looks small as fuck
Someone put a size comparison of our Nimitz or Ford next to that infant carrier

just lean back goy its not like they are building 2 new ones right now with the next one will be finished in just some weeks...

keep saving every penny to finance and fight to death for the Jews

>Made in China

A FUCKING RAMP

Big island just makes them appear smaller. Its actually normal sized.

>first aircraft carrier
>routine
its soviet

This one is made in China. The other was just finished and equipped in China.

Nice poverty ramp

>ramp

They just CANNOT stop fucking up can they?

>ramp
probably the best meme ever

It's a fucking RAMP!
SLAMP
THE
RAMP

The one without ramp is currently not up for "leaks". Post an image you get invited to a cup of tea.

Can anyone explain why ramps are shit? Ive asked this before but all I get are 'hurr durr poverty ramp hahah britbongs btfo'

Wow great insight from Abu al Ramsey al kalif

>Any Navy competing with the American Navy in any way shape or form

\thread

Either make better planes or launch systems or don't have a fucking aircraft carrier.

>landing on a moving vessel
>not a flat surface

Many crashes will be had

REACTIVATE THE BATTLESHIPS

It's a fucking

RAMP
A
M
P

Are you retarded? The landing strip is practically the same as on flat top carriers and completely flat. After that in either cases the aircraft crashes into the sea. The angle with the ramp is only used for takeoffs.

It has several drawbacks but that isn't one of them.

A

>Trump wants to bring them yet again but with Railguns

I fucking hope it happens, if just for morale sake, sure it would most likely be a waste of money, but damn if it would not be cool.

>triggered sandnigger kikes fear for their shekels

aircraft carriers are obsolete

Can anyone actually explain what is wrong with ramps? The Brit don't have a problem landing on them. Smaller carrier size saves cost and is smaller target.

Your meme response is fucking stupid if it doesn't have any reasoning behind it.

If American carriers used ramps all the yanks would be bending over backwards to explain how it was superior, I'm sure.

What's the problem with ramps?

A

>Germanistan calling others sandniggers
eti-topkek

FUCKING

>ramp
Opinion discarded.

You can launch larger jets with larger payloads if you don't have a ramp.

it's a pointless meme. ramps are more fuel efficient for jets to take off

>smaller target
Anything big enough to land a plane on will never be a small target.

>a fucking ramp

You are a retard. Advanced ramp? lol Only one aircraft carrier? (I'm sure our navy is terrified) And they bought this pos from russia. Go clean your room and get ready for dinner.

>What's the problem with ramps?

Catapults do the same job but much, much better. Catapults enable carrier-based fighter jets to carry larger payloads and also enable the carrier to launch large, slow aircraft like the E-2 Hawkeye which wouldn't be fast enough to take-off from a ramp.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't see how that necessarily follows. Please us simple words, I am not a clever man :(

Ramps are the poor mans choice when you don't have catapult systems or can't afford the maintenance of a catapult system.

Ramps have much lower launch rate than cats.
Aircraft commonly cant launch with full load when launching off a ramp.
Ramps cause stress on the frame of aircraft and wear down the gear faster.
Ramps drag slowing down the ship.

China got theirs only recently working, hence a ramp on the second carrier they worked on for the last years.

They just wanted to play with their Christmas toy

Military superiority isn't about "efficency" or "functionality". It's a dick measuring contest. Who looks cooler: the dude in his open cockpit, open wheel kit car...or a murdered out lambo.

Autismos even suggest in full scale war, our steam catapult systems could be easily damaged....and their cuck ramps would remain ramp-like.

quora.com/Military-Why-dont-US-Aircraft-Carriers-have-ski-jumps

Okay I can see how having a mechanism to add thrust to the airframe would be good for the reasons you listed. Couldn't a catapult and a ramp both be used?

Serious question, and I don't want to go to /k/, but what's so bad about a ramp? Or rather, what's so great about the catapult? Do we have aircraft that absolutely need the catapult and wouldn't work without the ski jump? If so, which ones?

FPBP

They are better but not by the margins people on Sup Forums go on about. A catapult lets you carry a heavier load and use the same jets that can be operated from a traditional runway, so you don't have to sacrifice anything to launch them from an aircraft carrier. You can also launch them faster, two at a time usually. Ramps need short take-off jets, can't carry as much and tend to launch them slightly slower. That's the jist of it. Ramps don't break down though and don't put as much pressure on the jet airframes, so there are some practical advantages with ramps.

Main thing is your carrier needs to be nuclear powered to use a catapult, they operate on steam. The Yanks are developing an electromagnetic launcher but it's a few years away from being ready. When it is we'll be upgrading ours to CATOBAR.

Things is, Yanks obsession with carriers is based on their experience in WWII. Who knows how the next war will be fought, very rarely do the tactics of the past war carry over to the new one.

>China's first aircraft carrier has set off to the Western Pacific,

America is on the eastern Pacific. Dummy.

Wow they welded some barges together. Nice """"""""""aircraft carrier""""""""""" enjoying that title in only the most literal sense; that it CAN carry aircraft. Technically anything capable of carrying aircraft is an aircraft carrier. Super tankers are potential aircraft carriers if you clear their decks.

This things top speed is what, 5 knots? Don't worry their aircraft carrier will be there in 20 days. We could send a fleet of lardasses on mobility scooters and get there faster lmao

You won't be upgrading m8, it's ramps and B's for life.

How do you land on a ramp?!

Thanks. From reading this, it seems that a US Nimitz can launch an aircraft every 30 seconds, and can have bigger aircrafts, whereas smaller carriers with ramps can launch an aircraft every 3 minutes.

The US catapult system lets them launch a lot of planes quickly, I'm just wondering if the strategic advantage is worth the additional cost incurred from the size of the supercarriers that allows that system.

Carriers are fucking awesome that's why.

They're basically mobile air bases.

>very rarely do the tactics of the past war carry over to the new one.
True. But for now it's still the best use of power projection. And it's mobile. Not always easy to find a forward air base depending on where a conflict may lay.

Maybe it will be, I wouldn't be that bothered. It'll only be used to bomb goat farmers. They have said though these need to last for 30 years and by 2020 the first one will be getting an upgrade.

Everything is application specific. If you need to launch aircraft every 30 seconds, it is critical. If you don't it's not.

Well I agree, it's all you can at the moment. I would go for 15 smaller ones though.

>catapult is not parallel to the landing strip lines
This triggers me.

>Main thing is your carrier needs to be nuclear powered to use a catapult
Uh, dude? The Essex-class (Barring the lead ship CV-9) used catapults too, BEFORE they were upgraded for their Cold War configuration.

As for modern supercarriers, the Midway, Forrestal, and Kitty Hawk-classes all had cats, but they were conventionally powered.

ramp crew represent

n-no shame

Is this a kancolle thread?

Well that's what I mean. I'm wondering if and when it would be critical to get all your jets in the air that fast, so fast that you couldn't have the first jets circle in wait the rest to get airborne.

Can we sink this please

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!

No. You stopped being relevant 2 years ago.

we're going to want to see what a railgun slug can do to a ship before we authorize this.
videos. we want videos of destruction.

>advanced ramp technology
we're doomed

how we will ever compete against a RAMP

R A M P
A
M
P
what a manlet of a carrier.

Like I said it's application specific m8. No way of telling if it will be necessary until it is. Therefore the safest position is assume it is necessary. You're asking a question that is impossible to answer without knowing the specifics of the application parameters.

Kamikazees don't land, desu. Remember china's main tactic in WW2 was to bomb our ships with their planes. Pretty dumb, but considering they've been making so many zipperheads since we beat their asses in that war, they've got a lot of ammo ready for WW3. America will still beat them again. They never learn.

We will leave China nothing more than a crater

>a fucking ramp

Steam doesn't require nuclear power. It requires boiled water. Whew lads............

>Main thing is your carrier needs to be nuclear powered to use a catapult, they operate on steam.
Nuclear is the way to gobut not necessary. Frog carrier is conventional.

And ski jumps fuck with the landing gear.

Whatever.

>>PLAN Carrier 500 miles into the South China Sea
>>Driving in circles
>>Left turn signal on
"CHINA WILL GROW LARGER ROUNDEYE"

Well technically it doesn't have to be nuclear but no one these days would put a steam one on a non-nuclear vessel because it takes up too much room and other methods are on the horizon. I was talking about building a carrier today.

Oh no you le didn't

Will it not just be benefitial in decreasing wave impacts and take-off accidents?

>Superior Chinese design

>china's main tactic in WW2
r u retarded?

see
I believe the current French one is nuclear isn't it?

lmao

Can't tell if trollinks.

Well that's exactly it. There is an infinite number of "potential" things you could spend money on "just in case". At some point, you have to make a call on the cost/benefit of each capability.

I'm skeptical that the US taxpayer is getting good value for clinging to catapult technology, even though it has strategic advantages.

If you're reply is just "application specific lol" then don't bother, tell me WHAT APPLICATIONS and why you couldn't do the same thing with a ramp.

Oh, right. You know what else had catapults?
CAM ships, battleships, cruisers, and seaplane tenders all had HYDRAULIC catapults.

The ramp represents a large, strong and naturally erect penis, the catapult on the other hand shows a cucked, limp goyim cock that requires outside help to perform.

How many Kamikaze Chinamen did your granddad tell you he shot down?