What does Sup Forums think about Uber? is it poison to a city or does it encourage economic growth...

what does Sup Forums think about Uber? is it poison to a city or does it encourage economic growth. what about drivers working for them?
It seems like the only people who want uber out of their city and campaign to limit its outreach are nothing less than liberal cucks.
Bill deblasio the cuck king of ny takes so much campaign money from the medallion taxi industry fleet owners to try to shut it down. OY VEY! uber seems pretty based to me. Great pay, be your own boss, drive your own car, the fuck are these cucks on about?
>muh taxes
but they do pay taxes

This isn't proper Sup Forums discourse

You forgot to tie in race baiting or identity politics

how the fuck is this not proper Sup Forums discourse you fuckin nigger
this shit has been political since it took over the cab industry

As long as uber isn't breaking any laws I'm cool.

And now that they're established in the market I think further restrictions on that market will include them as a player

Pretty based how free markets work, isn't it user?

i think uber probably has more liberal drivers and passengers but as long as you avoid politics and shit youre good unless theyre a furfag

Yeah, political, but not issues pol thinks or cares about

Now mention that uber is promoting more women drivers, or banning ethnic groups, something like that, and you'll get attention

Lots of people use uber. Thats like saying most people that buy strawberries ate liberal

thanks for the record correction gys

Most uber drivers I've had were niggers, but at least they're not immigrant niggers like taxi drivers.

Straight up game changer, One of the greatest things to come out of the last 5-6 years. You don't realize how clutch ride sharing services are until you go to a city without them and have to use cabs (e.g. Austin).

Are you a shill or do you just not know how uber actually works? It's convenient for passengers, yes, but the pay structure uber and similar services where you're a "contractor" to an app-based tech startup relies on tips and drivers constantly picking people up to make anywhere near what they promise in their ads. I'm not saying the conventional taxi industry is any better but driving for uber is for complete cucks.

Every Uber I've driven in was cheaper and significantly better than every taxi ride I've been in

Taxi companies are archaic and have failed to improve against competition, even after a 100 years lead

This is why capitalism is good

I agree that it's better for passengers but it's practically a scam for the drivers. It's the kind of deal where you'd be better off flipping burgers in most cases. Though again, the taxi industry is even worse.

you are fucking retarded. i know very well how the pay for uber works i used to work at one of their bases and i see how much drivers get paid and in nyc they make more than likely 2x more than what you do.

kek not if you in new york city

That's absurd everyone knows watermelon is the liberal fruit, pure and conservative pomegrantes are best fruit

it's cheaper than a taxi and safer than driving, while allowing the whole group to drink without worry about a dd. i live in la and use it pretty frequently and have noticed a lot of my friends have essentially stopped risking drinking and driving and just split an uber.

Either they remove regulations on taxis, remove uber or apply the same regulations on Uber. The playing field isn't even right now.

here they're all driven by muzzie shits who don't pay taxes

on the other hand it gives the muzzies something to do other than commit crime and its waaaay cheaper than a cab

>remove uber or apply the same regulations on Uber.
Taxi companies are already trying to do this they're mad at people actually having standards about who drive them. Same thing with AT&T trying to outlaw Google fiber so no one has better service for a cheaper price

If you believe that you can make decent money driving for uber you are dumb. It's a side job if anything.

I've seen cunts buy brand new cars just for it and get fucked hard in the long run

I heard Uber subsidises each ride and makes a massive loss.

The theory being that once they have driven all the taxi companies out of business they will have a nice monopoly to exploit. Which seems unlikely to ever happen in a market with no barriers to entry.

>The playing field isn't even right now.

This. People claim that Uber and Lyft are ride sharing not taxi services and that there are no rules for them. This not only isn't fair, it's also dangerous to passengers.

It's awesome. On the eve of christmas eve I got so fucking drunk that I couldn't see properly but the UI is just so well put together that it wasn't even an issue. I had never used uber before. It's incredibly simple and I can't tell you how relieving it is to have a Mercedes M-Class SUV waiting for you at the curb as you stumble out of a party

I believe there's already like 3-4 other similar services to Uber (Lyft etc.) + there's a number of services based on a shared economy like GoMore

So i find it hard to believe that Uber's gonna be sitting on the entire market, especially, as you say, if the barket has no entry barriers

afterall, providing transport services is pretty simple and can be ahieved by even the most disorganized companies

Google tells me uber drivers make around 20-30 an hour

Which is not bad at all really, especially when youre hours are super flexible and you have no time obligations

Oops, meant for

>unless theyre a furfag
I don't understand this meme, but it is entirely true. I have quite a few furfag friends because of my friend circles, and they seem to have a terribly high rate of being uber drivers.

How do people still fall for the Uber scam? The drivers are paid shit and are better off working for McDicks.

The economic effects are quite interesting, effectively it breeds a transient workforce as cabs generally can't compete in most cities.

Also, the whole undercutting the entire industry by skimping on retirement fees/fleet maintenance almost entirely

>two entities provides service
>one is better and cheaper for me
>not taking it because "muh workers"

I dont think this is how capitalism is supposed to work, user.

Tip them then, Americans are perfectly fine with that as a solution to your pitiful minimum wage for restaurant workers

Why don't you use the same thinking for uber drivers?

Uber is fine taxis were a state supported cartel.

If your average taxi firm refuses to get with the times, they only have themselves to blame, see London and its black cab vs uber

>Taxis taxed to hell by the government
>Taxis supported by the government

Pick. One.

Public transportation needs private competition.

About half the taxi rides I've had have been with rude fuckwits who don't deserve a cent of my money.

At the same time, uber is exploitative and will ditch humans once the self driving car is up and running.

So, in summary, they both suck.

Uber is awesome but it doesn't solve the problem of getting cars off roads. Whenever Uber (or Grab, the alternative in this region) does a promotion the roads get congested because more drivers drive hoping for a fare.

Use public transportation you coons if you are living in a city of a few millions. Or get out of the city and enjoy life out of degeneracy.

t. Railway Engineer starting up a public transportation NGO

The drivers get absolutely Jew'd out the ass and they have no choice because Uber took out basically all the competition

This but since Uber's cheaper I still use it when I have to.

Uber is a scheme of the jews to make people (drivers) work for 3rd world country wages in the first world. It literally squeezes those for money that already don't have much.

Let the free market decide.

This is just a simple new way to get a ride.

New inventions will come through apps shortly, creating even more jobs.

>think about Uber?

When it finally goes driverless then I'll use it.

>At the same time, uber is exploitative and will ditch humans once the self driving car is up and running.
Probably not, as a previous user said the way uber is set up they don't have to pay for maintenance, insurance and all the other shit that comes with owning a car. Taxi companies probably will jump on the self diving cars but uber would probably rather stay away from them.

I dunno about you, but I want my drivers to know the city well and to step on it from time to time. These ride sharing fuckers are absolutely retarded. They know next to nothing about their city (Except NYC which is a joke) and oftentimes fuck up the route and it sometimes takes them forever to arrive.

I'm rather get a taxi.