Redpill me on 40k. What made you think it's interesting? If it were a movie, how would you describe it...

Redpill me on 40k. What made you think it's interesting? If it were a movie, how would you describe it? To me it looks like Mad Max in space.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5W1NCmV_OM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You never had an empire, you wouldn't understand.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5W1NCmV_OM

It is Mad Max in space. That is what makes it great.

It is straight 19th century British Empire narrative and storytelling of Man and Civilization fighting against the unending hordes of degeneracy beyond its borders, now in a science fiction setting.

That's why Games Workshop is British.

this guy gets it, my life for da empire.

Sadly all 40k games have been trash this year

I enjoyed total war.

But yes all the dodgy unknown studio games are trash.

>I enjoyed total war.

I said 40k, not WHFB.

I also enjoyed Total War to the point where it's my GOTY.

total war wasnt 40k also it was THE WORST tw in series

>Immortal Emperor who saved Humanity
>Horus the nigger who almost killed him
Space marines are the holy warriors who fight against the degeneracy of the universe. Chaplains and librarians in the fray keeping morale high with scripture. Based conservatives and nationalists.
Chaos marines are libtard commie scum who just want to have filth orgies with their demon hordes. These are the genderfluid otherkin retards.
Imperial guard who are basically space nazis, executing their own for cowardice on the frontline. Use lots of lasers and have cool hats and overcoats.
Eldar are like the east asians, advanced elven moon-rune aliens with swords and magic. Some of them are honorable and honorary imperium, others are nigger-tier degenerates.
Orcs are literal niggers, with their cobbled-together junk tech and tactics similar to African warlords. They even use child-like gretchin as cannon fodder.
Tyrannids are the muslim hordes, swarming in from unknown regions of dark space and devouring everything in their path. They're primitive, violent, unthinking animals.
Necrons are the blackpill of the universe. Nothing matters, all that is will end, unthinking robot murder machines that follow orders from their two gods; death or loki.

great lore the game is subtierish and Games Workshop is a bad company but better than Wizards of the Coast

Chaos Space Marines and the Warp.
Mad Max in space is pretty accurate.
Starship Troopers would be a fine comparison as well.

>Some eldar are honorary imperium
What are you smoking?

>Chaos marines are libtard commie scum
Simply not true. Chaos marines are demon worshipping murder enthusiast, degenerates and trannies though.

Tau are the space Chicoms. They are also a mary sue race.

Chaos=Humanity

The Warp sets humanity free. Degenerates are only those not strong enough to endure the full force of humanity.
The Imperium is literary muh safe space

There are good eldar and dark eldar. Good eldar have principles similar to the imperium. Dark eldar are niggers.

Khorne is murder enthusiast, blood for the blood god, edgy for edgy sake. Nurgle is filthy neet god that hands out gibs to his followers. Tzeentch used to be based god of change but is now some andro-genderfluid fuckpig because liberal hippie trash complained 40k wasn't inclusive enough. Slaanesh was always the drug-addled tranny sex monster. Together they embody each of the ridiculous leftist systems.

>Good eldar have principles similar to the imperium.
That's a bit of a stretch. Also, they aren't honorary imperium. Standard imperial policy regarding all xenos is still "burn it".

Im surprised there is a british sci fi property that isnt comedy.

Holy shit how do you get all this lore from a board game

The lore is the best part.

Read the Horus Heresy.

Space Marines = Noble Anglo Peerage and Nobility who bought positions of command in the military.
Imperial Guard = Gritty defenders of the Victorian Empire against degenerates.
Orks = 19th Savage nigger races
Eldar = 19th century theoretized Aryan master race
Chaos = 19th century anarchists
Necrons = 19th century nihilists
Tau = 19th century Eastasians

Tyranids have no analogy, which is why they were one of the last races to be added

People write books based in the 40k universe, their not that bad honestly, nothing dostoevsky tier but passable stuff considering the awesome world building.

Pretty sure the Genestealers are an analogue to Jews.

> Infiltrate ahead of time in order to weaker defenses
> Mate with locals to produce increasingly convincing hybrids that are still loyal to the swarm
> Muh superior intelligence
> Led by a "Patriarch"

It's not Mad Max in space. It's humanity clinging to its existence fighting an endless war against the many forces of chaos.

Why are they fighting them?

>when I first got into it when I was about 6-7 i just thought the models looked cool.

>second time round I realised how much I had spent on the stuff before, and that it would be a waste to let it gather dust. Not to mention the lore that I discovered that was so exspansive and intresting.

It is the clinging to order with enemies all around, and the fulfillment of duty, no matter the cost that does it for me.
It's very German, that way.

ahh yeah my bad, reading fail.

>Some eldar are honorary imperium
What are you smoking?

Better hold onto your butt Denmark, Eldar are helping the Imperium to take back Cadia in 2017

I like the fantasy version much more. Holy fuck, imagine living in those times as a human. Undead to the east, greenskins to the south, chaos touched barbarians to the north, rat men underground, beastmen in the forests, holy shit. None of those offer a painless death. Humans in this universe must be some tough motherfuckers

Okay now we getting somewhere. What if the cost is too high? What then?

He must be referring to that half-Eldar Space Marine Librarian from the earlier editions.