Sup Forums, why is every faggot on this board too patriotically correct?

Sup Forums, why is every faggot on this board too patriotically correct?

>But conservatives have their own, nationalist version of PC, their own set of rules regulating speech, behavior and acceptable opinions. I call it “patriotic correctness.” It’s a full-throated, un-nuanced, uncompromising defense of American nationalism, history and cherry-picked ideals. Central to its thesis is the belief that nothing in America can’t be fixed by more patriotism enforced by public shaming, boycotts and policies to cut out foreign and non-American influences.

>Insufficient displays of patriotism among the patriotically correct can result in exclusion from public life and ruined careers. It also restricts honest criticism of failed public policies, diverting blame for things like the war in Iraq to those Americans who didn’t support the war effort enough.

This is the part where you say, "HUR DUR I'VE NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!! THIS IS A LIE PROPAGATED BY THE JEW LIBERAL MEDIA TO DISCREDIT THE RIGHT. STOP TRYING TO SHAME ME FOR LOVING MY COUNTRY AND PREVENTING WHITE GENOCIDE!!! SAGE REEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Sorry, but that's a exactly what a regressive patriotically correct individual would say.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/the-right-has-its-own-version-of-political-correctness-its-just-as-stifling/?utm_term=.b7fb743d07b3
dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/tv-reporter-fired-for-celebrating-trump-victory-on-her-private-facebook-page/
phillyvoice.com/pistachio-girl-citizens-bank-park-fired-after-extremism-gets-publicity/
thecollegefix.com/post/29786/
google.com/amp/ew.com/article/2016/10/10/donald-trump-locker-room-talk-apprentice/amp/
techcrunch.com/2013/03/21/a-dongle-joke-that-spiraled-way-out-of-control/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Blaming the liberal or mainstream media and “media bias” is the patriotically correct version of blaming the corporations or capitalism. The patriotically correct notion that they “would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University” because the former have “common sense” and the “intellectual elites” don’t know anything, despite all the evidence to the contrary, can be sustained only in a total bubble. Poor white Americans are the victims of economic dislocation and globalization beyond their control, while poor blacks and Hispanics are poor because of their failed cultures. The patriotically correct are triggered when they hear strangers speaking in a language other than English. Does that remind you of the PC duty to publicly shame those who use unacceptable language to describe race, gender or whatever other identity is the victim du jour?

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio, where they can have mutually reinforcing homogeneous temper tantrums while complaining about the lack of intellectual diversity on the left. There is no such thing as too much national security, but it’s liberals who want to coddle Americans with a “nanny state.” Those who disagree with the patriotically correct are animated by anti-Americanism, are post-American, or deserve any other of a long list of clunky and vague labels that signal virtue to other members of the patriotic in-group.

>Every group has implicit rules against certain opinions, actions and language as well as enforcement mechanisms — and the patriotically correct are no exception. But they are different because they are near-uniformly unaware of how they are hewing to a code of speech and conduct similar to the PC lefties they claim to oppose. The modern form of political correctness on college campuses and the media is social tyranny with manners, while patriotic correctness is tyranny without the manners, and its adherents do not hesitate to use the law to advance their goals.

washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/07/the-right-has-its-own-version-of-political-correctness-its-just-as-stifling/?utm_term=.b7fb743d07b3

>look at me I'm so moderate

makes zero sense

You don't get fired and your mother harassed by thugs for saying "my country sucks"

/thread

t. OP

Sup Forums needs more threads about politics and fewer about opinion pieces

pretty solid bait though, this will get a hundred responses

sage

This is a step up, they're at least acknowledging that political correctness is a problem.

He does have a point.
Most people on the right unironically suck military dick. If a soldier were here everyone of you would drop down and suck him off, not realizing that he is just a glorified welfare queen.

Same with religion, everyone here believes in the tooth fairy and santa claus.

>nice bait

cmon op, even panama figured it out.

half of Sup Forums is atheist, and 99 % is anti-interventionist, fuck off with your strawman

Look at this. This is fucking rhetoric in action. They are extending the concept of PC to mean anything cultural by a group of people and playing on your need to be "independent", not "simply a follower" or "PC". If taken to its extreme, this means people cannot share culture, as any cultural element would be PC and thus undesirable. That is why this is bullshit.

Look at this. This is fucking rhetoric in action. They are extending the concept of PC to mean anything cultural held by a group of people and playing on your need to be "independent", not "simply a follower" or not "PC". If taken to its extreme, this means people cannot have their own culture, as any cultural element would be PC and thus undesirable. That is why this is bullshit.

corrected my post*

Actually...

>For example, in the aftermath of 9/11 and the run-up to the Iraq War,David Frumlabeled dissenters as anti-American. Jonah Goldbergwrote that opponents of the war“can only get passionate about the perfidy of our own president.” Conservative gadflyRobert “Buzz” Pattersonwent further, calling much of the Democratic Party, Hollywood, big media, college campuses and many other organizations “traitors.” The French government’s opposition to the invasion of Iraq prompted Congress to rename French fries as “freedom fries” incongressional cafeterias, a 21st-centuryliberty cabbage. When the Dixie Chicksopposed the Iraq War, many stations pulled the group’s music from the air so as not to “trigger” listeners. Fans destroyed Dixie Chicks albums in grotesque public demonstrations. The radio became a safe space.

Damn it's gonna be fun watching pol and Alex Jones defend the govt for 4 years because suddenly there is no conspiracies or corruption because if trump.

>reminder that Sup Forums is a Christian board...

OMG SOMEONE CALL THEM ANTI-AMERICAN!!!

THEY DIDNT GET FIRED AND THEY DIDNT GET THEIR RELATIVES HARASSED... BUT SOMEONE CALLED THEM A NAME AND DISAGREED WITH THEM!

HOLY FUCK THE RIGHT IS THE SAME AS THE LEFT!!!!!

So who got fired from his job again?

>implying
Dunno what the legal view on this in your country is, but people lose jobs over unpopular political views here.
I read an article a while back about some guy who got fired from Goodwill (a government-run nonprofit), because he came out as a communist on facebook.

Believe it or not, the only "moderate" and "free speech" candidates who were running were Trump and Rand Paul. Trump, for all of his batshit, brass balls glory, is at odds with his own party as much as the other.
Most """true""" conservatives are not like Trump or the people he appealed to. The old guard does still lurk around in our society, and they'd seek censorship for sites like this just as eagerly as SJW's.

Blind nationalism is just as bad as liberalism. When you can't say "hey maybe our military interventions don't help" without being swarmed by literal drones, maybe it's time to step back.

Who has ever gotten fired for not being politically correct and didn't harrass a specific individual or groups of people?

dailycaller.com/2016/11/17/tv-reporter-fired-for-celebrating-trump-victory-on-her-private-facebook-page/

Firefox's ceo.
Any commies working at a public institution.

No, you just get a President talking about taking away your citizenship and throwing you in jail.

Patriotically Correct BS is BS. I'll set your flag on fire and spit on pictures of veterans if I fuckin' want to. If that triggers you, go back to your /theDonald/ safespace ya cucks.

phillyvoice.com/pistachio-girl-citizens-bank-park-fired-after-extremism-gets-publicity/

You do know that Hillary endorsed that law in 2005 right?

>free speech" candidates who were running were Trump
>threatens to jail and revoke citizenship over cloth-burning

thecollegefix.com/post/29786/

You do know I'm a radical anarcho-syndicalist, right? Fuck your binary Dem/Rep crap.

Fuck off faggot.
Being drafted or conscripted to fight a war means you are being dragged against your will to perform extremely hazardous labour with next to no pay for the sake of perpetuating your society.

It's not sucking military dick to show appreciation for the sacrifice they gotta make as a society.

Even during times of peace, being conscripted sucks. You spend a year or two away from your work and away from your studies against your will, which does negatively affect your career.

Not only is being a welfare queen a lot more enjoyable position, it also pays better and trying to stop being one does not get you arrested.

I love the sound of crying communists.

8 years.

> radical anarcho-syndicalist

holy kek, we got a retard here

Fuck of faggot.
The U.S. is an all-volunteer military.

Nobody feels sorry that some guy thought it would be a good gig to go re-enact Call of Duty and then get free-everything for life in exchange for agreeing to be availabe for children-killing.

Nice try, Schlomo

F for effort

Hilary's not in charge so it doesn't matter what she did or what she thinks

Anyone who wants to jail someone for setting their favorite flag on fire is the retard. "Patriots" are the biggest cucks on the planet.

>The patriotically correct notion that they “would rather be governed by the first 2,000 people in the Boston telephone directory than by the 2,000 people on the faculty of Harvard University” because the former have “common sense” and the “intellectual elites” don’t know anything, despite all the evidence to the contrary, can be sustained only in a total bubble.
The belief is not that Harvard University elites are stupid, uneducated, or incompetent; it's that the elite are actively hostile to the interests of the working class, and that this hostility is caused by an irreparable clash of values.

Brendan Eich.

GO HOME NOAM

OP getting his dumb ass BTFO

They still haven't gotten that through their head. Trump will be bombing families to pieces here soon and they'll still just be saying "WHAT ABOUT THAT LADY WHO DOESN'T HAVE ANY POWER THAT I WRONGLY ASSUME YOU SUPPORTED!?"

Dumbest buncha whiners on the planet, these wannabe Nazis.

>I'm a news reporter and i got fired for posting biased nonsense on social media. Feel bad for me!!

She'll ruin the reputation of the station if she stayed. She brought that on herself.

What does that have to do with anything?

She was the democratic nominee, if democrats didn't agree with her policies, why did they vote for her?

They are only going with the "le lets burn flags xDDD" memes because they are retards that just wanna morally signal against Trump, not because they believe there is this "patriotically correctness" or any such nonsense

>Trump will be bombing families to pieces here soon
Why do you think that?

>threatens
No. Shit posts on twitter about how he thinks things ought to be.
There's absolutely no room for flag burning to be criminalized with his agenda. You can't find a judge who's just ALL ABOUT THAT DAGGUM CONSTITUTION (Scalia) without finding one who'll begrudgingly defend all manner of depravity in the name of the first.

I don't know how one would go about trying to strip an American of his/her citizenship, but...best of luck to that person.

What do you not understand about the word "private"?

>Who has ever gotten fired for not being politically correct and didn't harrass a specific individual or groups of people?
>there you go, she got fired
>HA! Brought that on herself!

How predictable.

>Associated with an organization that espouses anti-Semitic, racist and xenophobic views.

Why the fuck would a company, trying to reach a diverse audience, want to keep an individual like that around?

Who cares about what "they" did? Are you too autistic to talk to people who are actually talking to you? Can you only debate people who aren't around?

I supported neither Hillary nor Trump and I will burn your favorite blanket every fucking day if I want to, and make fun of the Marines while I do it, ya cuck.

> guilt by association

there you have it

She got fired for her non-PC views without harassing anyone. You asked the question, those are your answers. First admit that you were wrong in your generalization in OP and then we can continue the discussion.

There really needs to be more protections against employers coercing speech of employees. Nothing you say whatsoever should be able to get you fired from work. Even spokes people should have this protection. Speaking as themselves off duty should be protected. It's ok if this cuts into famous people being able to sell their endorsements. Fuck that really. It has insignificant value to society, especially compared to the great value of the common person being able to take for granted their right to free speech and voice their opinion when they want without having to consider if they could be fired for it.

Of course it will be impossible to enforce but having the culture of this being illegal might go some way toward making it taboo at least.

You are never going to be able to enforce against your boss shitting on you because he doesn't like your views of course.

> I will burn your favorite blanket

And will you get fired for that?

didn't think so

so much for "like right wing correctness"

difference is for the right its simply a commonly accepted set of values that may get u bad looks if u violate them.

for the left its an unwritten government enforced law that destroys your livelihood complete with death threats and ostracization if you violate them

Because 1. Flynn and 2. He's promised to bomb foreign countries already and also flip-flopped around on the question of murdering terrorists' families Obama-style and 3. see every President since WW2. The military-industrial complex is a real thing. it's a fair assumption to make.

Loving watching op get btfo

Keep going I'm unzipping

>Calling a human being 'alien' or ' Illegal'. >WHAAAAA!!!!! why am i being for dehumanizing a group of people!?!?? FUCK PC CULTURE!!!!

Try again. The kid worked for a newspaper which should strive to provide balanced and unbiased content. "Illegal alien" inserts bias and ruins that paper's reputation. Why is respecting the humanity of other people, even if they're undocumented immigrants, considered PC. Maybe he can try writing for brietbart.

>it's a fair assumption to make

based on those thin assumptions? LOL

I'll bet you if I did it at or near the office I would. Whatcha think? Or maybe you know nothing about the U.S.

So it won't be any different from before then? Because I got the impression you implied it would get worse.

> using actual terms to call things their real names is le evil xDDDD

that is exactly what political correctness is about

post proof of someone that actually got fired for that then

>ohmuhgud I'm not allowed to say nigger at work

Fuck off. Guarantee you, as a Southerner, if I went into my office and called America a terrorist country and bragged about burning a flag, I'd be in deep shit.

You have still not provided any proof of that claim, you are delusional

Um. His own words, his appointments and the totality of U.S. history=thin assumptions? Ok bro. Keep believing in the Orange Emperor; he'll bring ya Hope and Change 2.0.

thats not really being politically incorrect thats just being fullon retarded

Who knows if it will or not. Moreoever, who cares. Innocent human lives being taken matters to me, regardless of who's doing it and regardless of whether one guy does it a little worse or a little better. Don't you agree?

> Innocent human lives

> le angels exist meme xDDDD

why are progressives so damn christian?

Why are you such a cuck, m8? Want unbiased and accurate reporting? Try calling things what the fuck they are.

So to you: Flynn (just the name no rationale given)-->He has made statements on bombing terrorist enablers-->muh US military history makes it logical that he wants to BOMB A WESTERN COUNTRY?

You're insane.

Uh, right. But being a flat-out racist asshole=just being non-PC. Amazing what you can do with words!

No, she was fired for espousing bias rhetoric as a member of a news station. Her comments will, by merely being employed by the network and having her face be plastered on television as their representative, harm the station. It's best for that company to let her go. Being a employeed by any company inherently limits your free speech since your speech may come back to harm that can company.

Trump understands this. google.com/amp/ew.com/article/2016/10/10/donald-trump-locker-room-talk-apprentice/amp/

>She got fired for her non-PC views without harassing anyone.
>No
Why do you say no and then don't elaborate what exactly is incorrect in my statement?

When in the hell did I say anything about him wanting to bomb a Western country?

Oh, I see what you did now. Only Western countries have actual people in them. Everyone else is expendable.

firing people for "bias rhetoric" (aka not being left-wing retards) is exactly what political correctness is

Has shit all to do with being patriotic. But yes the rightfaggots are entirely hypocrite dum dums.

You got children? Family of any kind? Or are you too busy masturbating to manga all day to have any connections with actual human beings long enough to realize not everyone in the world deserves to be dismembered by bombs?

blatantly refusing to understand how language alienates and affects others within your community is exactly why PC has exploded. You're basically saying "i don't give a fuck about you. Accept it". Company reserve the right to get rid of you if you can't play nice with others.

> not everyone

who does then?

define the word innocent

Sure, I'll agree, but you so far made no argument that the situation will get worse with Trump in power so I don't see how it's related to the discussion.

Patriotic correctness isn't even a thing on this board. That's fucking retarded. Trump isn't patriotically correct either.

This article is about a decade out of style.

but there is a good reason to be what you consider a racist. its really just a perpetuating negative reaction towards blatantly uncivilized culture and behavior. how the reaction became some horrible evil and the cause of the reaction did not is far beyond me.

yes, political correctness is the belief that using correct language alienates people and sweetened terms should be used under the penalty of losing your livehood

But that is not even what we are talking about, we are talking about the right-wing having its own version of political correctnes based around patriotism yet so far I have not seen any evidence of people getting fired for being unpatriotic!

The problem is you have no examples of this. It's just bullshit in your head.

LOL. "Who does then". As if there must be someone in the world at any given time we can drop bombs on.

Innocent in that context meant not part of a military or organized militia with whom we are engaged in a declared state of war - civilians.

I never said I would make such an argument either, so why are you waiting for me to?

>anarcho
pffffftHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

dis nigga srs?

>threatens to jail flag-burners
>he isn't patriotically correct

Are you fucking serious

Do you even understand what fourth generation warfare is?

Sure i was wrong, she didn't harass an individual.i left out how statements can harm companies.

She's affecting her company. Should they allow her to continue to harm profits and make the station lose viewers? Fuck no. First amendment means the state can't punish you for what you say. Corporations on the other hand can kick your ass out.

>The patriotically correct rightly ridicule PC “safe spaces” but promptly retreat to Breitbart or talk radio

Because they get shunned everywhere else. No other places to talk.

Because

>Trump will be bombing families to pieces here soon

To me this looks like an implication that things will get worse with Trump in charge.

If you're not implying that, then your statement looks devoid of any meaning to me.

Really? Racism is all just a reaction? And since when has that been the case, if I may ask? Is that only recently, or all through history?

Man fired for making a dongle joke in a private conversation with his friend sitting next to him.
techcrunch.com/2013/03/21/a-dongle-joke-that-spiraled-way-out-of-control/

I am well aware that apologists for state violence in West have long constructed vague phrases and implausible theories to justify the crimes of their masters. What's your point?

>Sure i was wrong
Fascinating. Took almost an hour for you to admit it.
Think a little bit harder before writing your shitposts next time.

> still changing the subject to "companies are right fire non-PC people" instead of actually providing evidence for the non-existent patrioric correctnesss

still waiting lads

I apologize that you saw an implication that didn't exist. I have no clue if Trump will end up being an even worse mass murderer than Obama, Dubya, Clinton, etc. al.