Is chess the most redpilled game of mental ju-jitsu or just autistic pattern recognition?

Is chess the most redpilled game of mental ju-jitsu or just autistic pattern recognition?
It's one of the few sports that whites excel at and I always wondered by which factor is proficiency at chess determined.

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/3MaffHyK
lichess.org/W91YF3ye
youtube.com/watch?v=f86VKjFSMJE
lichess.org/Qzoa1rzr
lichess.org/ZJfaogs7
lichess.org/fZcekcSh
lichess.org/2C5EFNJ7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go is better

Monopoly has far more complexity in it

they're both mostly pattern recognition + lots of memorization and concentration.

if you're gonna play chess, xiangqi (chink chess) and shogi (jap chess) are both superior to intl chess

Chess sucks. It's like learning math. Games should be enjoyable, you dorks.

if go is so superior then why is it only brought up when chess is being discussed?

because chess is for plebs thus known more

>It's one of the few sports that whites excel at
go lift some weights, faggot
>saged and hidden

Chess is just memorizing possible outcomes from current boardstates. There's no strategy, it's just knowing what the most advantageous move at the current boardstate is.

>Games should be enjoyable
you obviously don't play chess or even have a basic understanding of it. Chess is thoroughly enjoyable. Especially winning and crushing your opponents.
Every game is a new puzzle to be discovered.

Yeah, chess is a dead game in the age of computers.

>i prefer go, you probably never heard of it.

you sound like a faggot hipster.

you play on kgs or tygem? rank?

/me is kgs 1d, tygem 4d/5d tho I havent played in a while

go has a usable fine-grained handicap system, which is not the case for chess.
giving pawn odds in chess is gigantic, thats why in chess they mostly just give time odds, but it doesnt really work well, because your opponent can also think on your time

No game is enjoyable if you suck at it. Think about it.

to the picture, I assume bg6 and then black has to move e3 and then checkmate with ne3

Bishop g6 and the second move depends on what black moves

Very nice puzzle m8!
1.Bg6 Kg4 2. Ne5# or 1.. e1=Q 2. Bh5#.

1700elo btw.

You mean ne5?

yes, ne5, my bad

yeah but most people don't play vs computers competitively. it would be like racing a bicycle vs a Ferrari. The object is to defeat your opponent not computer algorithms. it's pointless.
Also, chess hasn't been solved yet. By the fourth move there are over 300 million possible games. With each subsequent move that number increases astronomically. There is no supercomputer on earth powerful enough to process that many variations.

>>>/wien/

black king cant move to e3.

>Bg6
>black promotes
>???

where's the mate senpai?

I was talking about the pawn on e4

Yeah, if ...e1=any, then Bh5. Else if ... e3, then Ne5 #.

Texas holdem poker is a deep game than chess, sorry to tell you

Its not even pattern recognition

Chess is about memorizing and before you claim that it at least trains that tests have revealed that even chess players who can play several games blind at the same time do not have an above average memory outside chess

So chess is literally a waste of time for narcisstic idiots and autists

If my opponent moved to g6 wtf is stopping me from promoting my pawn?

The point in these puzzles is forced mates. Not "lel black won't do the best possible move but will instead blunder into defeat"

>pol logic.

At low levels it's mental ju-jitsu and as you get better it becomes more and more about autistic pattern recognition.

Destroying someone in a test of cerebral fitness is always an enjoyable pursuit, imo.

and then bishop goes h5 and checkmates

are you dumb or what?

see fucking think a little before posting stupid shit

Go is much more complex. Chess is good and fun and so is Go but Go has been mastered by computers for a long time now, whereas Go has only recently become a computer's game.

After computers beating humans it became bluepilled.

or 1.. e3 2. Ne5 #.

What you're arguing against is chess as a competitive sport. Nobody who plays for fun knows more than the first 5-10 moves of regular openings, and if they do, they know it because of having played many games for fun. Just because you don't enjoy it, it doesn't mean we are autistic or in awe with our intellect.

I have heard that (computer + human) teams are apparently better than either the top human players or the top computers.

by the fourth move theres only a couple hundred practical games possible, yes theres millions possible but 99% of those possibilities are shit positions no real player would be in.

Bg6 assumes your opponent wont go e3 but promote instead. If e3 that's not mate in 2.

im 1300 elo and i came up with that as well ggs bro! it looks complicated, but there is honestly just 1 viable move since you cant move your knights or king withouth letting kang escape

Chess is just a meme. I'm the smartest person I know but I can't win a single game of chess.

if e3 then knight to e5 and checkmate

What was that called...palantin?

>whites excel at
more like jews, and slav

No, I'm great at math but suck at chess.

Based ancient game.

Man I'm the exact opposite, i win national championships in chess and compete worldwide while I failed algebra

the current world champion is Norwegian.

>1700elo btw.

me too. fite me nigga.

lichess.org/3MaffHyK

QUEEN TO F2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>It's one of the few sports that whites excel at
lmao

bishop to g6, black has 3 options: pawn to e3 => knight to e5, checkmate. pawn to e1 => bishop to h5, checkmate. king to g4 => knight to e5, checkmate as well

no troll pls
lichess.org/W91YF3ye

Found the jew

yes? it's a white mans thinking game

nice outliers

It was an anecdote told by the presenter of the Palantir system at some government tech show, to introduce the crowd to the idea that human+computer is sometimes better than either alone, but I don't think Palantir itself has been used for chess, etc.

Here's that 40-minute video from last night's thread ():

youtube.com/watch?v=f86VKjFSMJE

Damn, Bobby was a big guy.

Literally all chinks and slavs kek

>le slavs arent white

simply epic meme my friend

yeah and in 95% of those variations 1 or both players are blundering significantly and you don't really need to analyze any of it because you don't have to see mate in 142 to know someone is losing

also chess nowaday is who can memorize most, and the longest of opening theory lines.
Sometime it goes upto 20+ moves.

That's why Fischer introduced chess960 to reduce the opening memorization

you seriously have no idea what you're talking about. just stop.

A computer would run you over, if you are stuck on that format, that's why irregular openings like the saragossa or the sokolsky gained traction lately.

opening theory isn't about playing the longest combinations but using the correct opening to counter your opponent. If he plays an opening you're unfamiliar with or just incompatible with yours that long opening line goes out the window.

>the current world champion is Norwegian.
yeah but the past champions were almost always either jew or slav

sokolsky is an anti-sicilian. you don't need an engine to stump sicilian players.

in the past 50 years maybe

Its boring and has too many rules.
Only way to win is to memorize thousands of combinations, that's why machines always win.

t. clueless retard

Well, he is correct.

>no strategy

Saying that chess has no strategy is incorrect, as chess definitely does have strategy: the best players always think ahead and think of which tactics to use. Chess is not simply about memorizing, as there are simply too many possible moves you have to memorize (imagine having to memorize all the tactics for every single possible boardstate). Memorization is importnat though, as you must remember the general ideas of tactics.

>Literally all chinks and slavs
>3 of the top 5 NOR, FRA, Italian from US
>Literally
>Slavs aren't white

he is correct if you are ultra grandmaster, but not for your average joe playing chess for recreation

Why not play a real war game like total war? Or maybe counter strike?

t.not an argument

Bg6 Kg4 Ne5

No. Red pilled people make up their own rules by what they can get away with to get what they want.
I have never met someone who was red pilled. They either were stopped by the stories of others, or never knew what they wanted in the first place.

I'm shit but I've been learning as much as I can the last week. Around 1100 elo level i think. If anyone wants to whoop my arse let's go

lichess.org/Qzoa1rzr

Or indian

whos white?

You're 60% white

let's go teach me how to chess i suck
lichess.org/ZJfaogs7

you're pretty good for 1100. play me next senpai.

lichess.org/fZcekcSh

yeah can't turn pressure into anything but blunders tho

kek i fucked up bad at the start.

don't think i've play against g6 yet, shook me up good heh

modern defense. still stronk.

lichess.org/2C5EFNJ7

lvl 1100 really bad someone teach me

no way you're 1100. im 1700 and you played as good as me.
gg man.

yeah i'm not haha, but have not played in forever. used to be in the 1900s. should have played that damn rook f8 i think

Wanna play me?

>sandbagging on Sup Forums
lol faggot. grow some balls and play people your own level

>no women in the top 100

definitely redpilled.

it was solved like an hour ago famalam.

He can also play e3 after your bishop move, but that's the idea.

Chess is eventually flawed by design, because at the highest level of play, everything can be summed up to a finite amount of decisions and predictions - something that most pro chess players have always complained about

Go is better because it's actually limitless.

is the knight not covering e3?