In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Ted Kaczynski from his birth until his arrest at the age of...

In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Ted Kaczynski from his birth until his arrest at the age of 52.

I intend to cover:

>his childhood
>his social disposition
>his experience in school and college
>his involvement in a CIA psychological experiment
>his experience after leaving academia
>his thoughts about and experience with women
>his relationship with his family
>his time spent in the Montana wilderness

Please bump to keep the thread alive if it interests you.

bump

go ahead

Slightly interested

Go on

Start the thread faggot

REEEEEEE! WHATS TAKING YOU SO LONG?! HAVE IT TYPED OUT BEFORE YOU START THREAD FAGGOT.

Did he have some kind of autism spectrum disorder? That really seems like the root of all his issues, and the bombings were more of a frustrated response to a society he couldn't function in.

Bump. I'm interested.

He was a crazy, but incredibly intelligent person.

Commence.

If Ted wasn't such an asshole he'd be a millionaire quant for a hedge fund.

You math fucks are assholes, aren't you.

OP CONFIRMED FOR FUCKING FAGGOT THAT NEVER DELIVERS

Note: I have posted similar thread to this one before, but this is essentially a mega-thread since my research on Ted is now completed (unless his autobiography is ever released)

On Ted's experience in hospital as an infant

>"she (Ted's mother) told me one about my brother's early life: When Teddy was a little baby just nine months old he had to go to the hospital because of a rash that covered his little body. [...] I remember how your brother screamed in terrir when I had to hand him over to the nurse and she took him away [...] They had to stick lots of needles in Teddy, who was much too young to understand that everything being done to him was for his own good. He was terrible afraid, and he thought Dad and I had abandoned him to cruel strangers. [...] That hospital experience hurt him deeply, and the hurt never went away completely"

On Ted's mother's one lesson to Ted's brother David as a child

>"Please remember that you must never abandoned your brother, because that's what he fears most"

lol OP apparently has been arrested.

fun fact: ted's brother broke the case when he noticed that the manifesto had the odd but actually more correct version of "you can't eat your cake and have it too", which is weird that we don't say it that way because that way makes sense.

anyway ted's brother knew that ted said it that way, and that helped convince him that his brother was the guy who wrote it.

major paranoid personality disorder and probably a few more (avoidant? schizotypical?), basically what is called severe personality disorder considering he ended up sending bombs around the country

that is an excuse meant to deligitimize him by saying he was sick in some way

he was serious with what he said and meant it
there is no disorder in the background making him say or do things.

OP here. Sorry for the wait, it will be much quicker now. I have so much material and I have to organize it chronologically and thematically. Apologies!

On a neighbour's memory of the young Ted

>"he remembered Teddy as skinny and self-absorbed. "He was strictly a loner," Dr. Weinberg said. "This kid didn't play. No. No. He was an old man before his time.""

On highschool classmate Bill Phelan's memory of Ted

>"By the time he entered Evergreen Park Community High School, Teddy was having more trouble fitting in. [...] most classmates [...] regarded him as alien, or not at all. To Bill Phelan, Teddy was a nerd: thin, short, quiet, painfully shy. "He was reading books, and I was playing sports and drinking beer," Mr. Phelan said. "He wasn't in my world. He was in his own world.""

On highschool classmate Loren De Young's memory of Ted

>"Loren De Young remembered him as a kind of nonperson. "He was never really seen as a person, as an individual personality," he said. "He was always regarded as a walking brain, so to speak.""

a personality disorder is not a disease, but a character configuration that is not that common and sometimes clashes with society and impedes the individual to develop a normal/typical life

I was on your thread on /lit/. It was amazing, you're doing a great job.

Do you have something about his life in prison? I am interested on it, prison must be a hell on Earth for someone like Kaczynski

Where did you get this information from?

Interesting stuff.

OP here. I will also cover the diagnosis made by his family, court psychologists, and others about Ted.

_________

On young Ted's reaction to seeing a rabbit being caught

>"One summer [...] our father, Ted Sr., caught a baby rabbit in our backyard. He placed the little animal in a wooden cage covered with a screen top. Several neighbourhood kids clustered around to gape at the rabbit, and our father seemed proud to show it off. [...] Ted was the last kid to join the onlookers [...] But as soon as he glimpsed the little rabbit, cowering in a corner of the cage, his reaction was instinctive: "Oh, oh, let it go!" he said with panicked urgency. Suddenly I saw everything differently. Only then did I notice that the young rabbit was trembling with fright. Only then did I realize that we were being cruel."

________

On young Ted's reaction to his father shooting a rabbit

>"Teddy was a young boy then , eager to come along with me when I went rabbit hunting [...] Teddy was really into it, on the lookout for rabbits as we roamed the grassy fields of Indiana farmland. [...] But as we stood over the dead rabbit, Teddy's mood changed. He seemed crushed to see this once animate, alert creature stretched out lifeless on the ground. 'Oh,' the poor, poor bunny!' he wailed. Then he started crying. I felt terrible, reflecting on the pointless killing I had just done and the effect of that senseless deed written on Teddy's face."

>a personality disorder is not a disease
splitting hair here aren't we

mentioning in this context personality disorders is something the media did to make him look like a kook that can't possibly be right in the head, so as to give the public an excuse to dismiss everything he said

>prison must be a hell on Earth for someone like Kaczynski

Not necessary. Solitary confinement or protective custody could be something a jaded nihilist would enjoy or be content with.

Also cases like Charles Manson, most people have said that "Charlie is right there where he wants to be" (Referring to Jail)

Didn't they profile another serial killer, not Ted, because he used semicolons in one of his letters? They said people who use them are trying to look intelligent. Thought that was funny.

In doing this they will be repeating a pattern that leftism has shown again and again in the past. When the Bolsheviks in Russia were outsiders, they vigorously opposed censorship and the secret police, they advocated self-determination for ethnic minorities, and so forth; but as soon as they came into power themselves, they imposed a tighter censorship and created a more ruthless secret police than any that had existed under the tsars, and they oppressed ethnic minorities at least as much as the tsars had done. In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom. (This is “political correctness.”) The same will happen with leftists and technology: They will use it to oppress everyone else if they ever get it under their own control.

But he lived in and needed the wilderness. Spending the rest of his life in a cell must be really sad for him.

I'll post sources at the end if that's alright. A lot of sources, pretty much all that's available.

On young Ted's discomfort with intimacy

>"When hugged as a child, he squired instead of hugging back. Later on in adolescence, he stiffened when being hugged by his mother. It was as if Ted's way of relating obeyed a different set of rules. Unable to fathom Ted's internal physics, Dad eventually gave up, whereas Mom preferred to believe that Ted's sensitive inner self was normally loving, only hard to reach."

On young Ted's affection for his younger brother David

>"Teddy had tried to give me his most prized possession - a coin collections - when I returned home from a brief stay in the hospital. "Teddy, your brother knows how you feel about him," I remembered Mom saying. "You don't need to give Davy your coin collection. He knows you love him."

On Ted's mother teaching him to read

>"Wanda Kaczynski was especially well-read and articulate, familiar with science and the works of Shakespeare, Austen, Dickens, Thackeray and other authors whose books crowded her shelves. [...] Wanda kept a diary about her boy and read to him daily from children's books, then from classic boys' literature and later from surprisingly advanced materials. A neighbor said Teddy was in grade school when Wanda began reading him articles from Scientific American that a college student might find challenging"

On Ted's family's reading habits

>"At home, family life seemed normal, if a bit intellectual. The Kaczynskis kept philosophy books on the coffee table."

On Ted's vocabulary as a child

>"On one occasion, when he was 11, he joined his mother, Dorothy O'Connell and another neighbor in a game of Scrabble. "Teddy came along and sat down and beat all three of us," O'Connell says. "His vocabulary at that age was so great he could beat three grown women.""

On Ted's favorite book as a child

>"A year or so later, the Kaczynskis took a vacation. Teddy had a favorite book. He knocked on Dorothy O'Connell's door with the book under his arm, and he gave it to her for safekeeping until he got back home. She put it out of harm's way, on top of her refrigerator. One day she happened to take it down and look at it. She was stunned. The book was called, "Romping through Mathematics, From Addition to Calculus.""

On Ted's use of the school library

>""Ted would use the school library for more intensive studies beyond the texts. There was a four-volume set on mathematics in my basement. Ted borrowed that." He took all of the hard courses, and he skipped at least one grade. Rippey gave him straight A's. [Teacher Robert F. Rippey] ranks Ted Kaczynski among his top four or five students in 50 years of teaching."

Interesting thread, OP

bump
u
m
p

>splitting hair here aren't we
not really, it's not a disease and he wasn't crazy. If he was crazy he would be in a mental institution and not in jail
>he was serious with what he said and meant it
there is no disorder in the background making him say or do things
nobody implied it, you seem to not know exactly what personality disorders are and how they affect the individual. He wasn't crazy, but he was 'incompatible' with most of society that surrounded him

On one childhood neighbour's reaction to seeing Ted on the news

>"When former neighbor Evelyn Vanderlaan, 78, heard that the Kaczynskis' whiz-kid son, Teddy, was in the news, "I figured he had won the Nobel Prize or something.""

On Ted telling a stranger about his unhappy childhood

>"An earnest, almost pleading fellow in search of work. That was the message that came with Kaczynski's hand-delivered letter two years ago to Becky Garland, a local environmental activist whose family runs the local sporting goods store. [...] he also revealed a grown man who still lamented a childhood truncated by his academic success. He was "letting us know a little bit about his childhood, just that he had missed a lot of it, by his education," recalled Garland, who read the letter the same day her sister received it in the summer of 1994. "Being educated so much . . . he was different because of it.""

On young Ted as a childish prankster

>"As a high school student in suburban Chicago, Unabomber suspect Theodore Kaczynski was a "socially inept" prankster who built small bombs, two former classmates say. [...] Lorin and Jo Ann De Young, who run a small private school in San Jose, said Kaczynski's intellectual brilliance wasn't matched emotionally. "Ted was just very socially immature," Lorin De Young said Monday. "He was a little bit of a prankster. I guess just to get attention.""

On young Ted as out-of-place at school

>"Kaczynski never wore the Levis and engineer boots sported by others at Evergreen Park High School, said classmate Wayne Tripton. Instead, he carried a leather briefcase. [...] Still, Tripton said he doesn't remember Ted standing out in a crowd. "It was like Ted could be there and be disappeared at the same time.""

Cant you go to /his/ with this bs?

On Ted’s elementary school experience

>"Mr. Kaczynski attended kindergarten and grades one through four at Sherman Elementary School in Chicago […] “Mr. Kaczynski described this skipping a grade as a pivotal event in his life. He remembers not fitting in with the older children and being the subject of Psychiatric Report Page 8 considerable verbal abuse and teasing from them. He did not describe having any close friends during that period of time."

On Ted recalling his unhappiness at school

>"Throughout his writings and conversations, he focuses on the fact that he was moved from the fifth to seventh grade. He identifies this as the cause of his lack of development of social skills, a problem that continues with him to the present. Between the seventh and 12th grade, he perceived "a gradual increasing amount of hostility I had to face from the other kids. By the time I left high school, I was definitely regarded as a freak by a large segment of the student body.""

On the kinder side of young Ted's personality

>"On Ted's brother David remembering his kindness

>"He remembered small acts of kindness, too: how Ted once nailed a spool to the bottom of a screen door so that David, a toddler too small to reach the handle, could go in and out; how Ted later imparted his knowledge of woodsmanship and plant life, and how Ted only a few years ago sent him a picture of a child in a baseball cap with a note flecked with nostalgia. It said, "This picture reminded me of you and what kind of child you were."""

Can you die in a fire?

Keep it up OP, thanks

>If he was crazy he would be in a mental institution and not in jail

Not if enough people want to see him hang. You can't assume the legal system is perfect.

bump for mkultra ted

SHOVE OFF

>nobody implied it
maybe you do not, then very good. But the media proceeded as I said: make him look like a crazy guy with disorders, so people conclude that his opinions are bs. That's all that I want to draw attention to.

On one neighbour's memory of young Ted as a loner

>"But the neighbors noticed something else. "He was always a loner," remembers Emily Butcher, now in her 90s. "He walked with his head down. Like this." Emily Butcher drops her head even more deeply onto her cane. "Even when he reached high school," says LeRoy Weinberg, who lived behind the Kaczynskis, "Ted never acknowledged a greeting. He just kept his head to the ground. . . . He was a loner.""

On young Ted helping a disabled girl in his area

>"The little girl recovered, but she was left with a speech difficulty. One day, after the toddler had returned home, Dorothy O'Connell heard her daughter cry out excitedly, "Hassgropper!" "Oh, no, Janice," Teddy John Kaczynski explained, quietly and patiently. "Grasshopper. This is an insect." Then Dorothy O'Connell listened with fascination as Teddy John told the child just how many legs a grasshopper has and what biological phylum, or classification, it belongs to."

On David Kaczynski's early worries about his brother

>"puzzled by the long hours Ted spent quietly in his room upstairs, I remember approaching Dad with the same question I'd once asked our mother: "What's wrong with Ted?" My father pointed out that Ted's intellectual interests set him apart from most of his classmates. While Ted read books about relativity theory, they were listening to Elvis and going to sock-hops. Someday, Dad said, Ted would go off to college and meet other young people with similar interests. He would form close friendships, would eventually marry and raise a family of his own. Ted would "find himself," Dad predicted - it just might take him a little longer."

you did one of these for McVeigh and Hitler, if i remember right. Could you link to them if you have them? At the end of course

I guess he lived in wilderness most probably in seek of isolation rather than contact with nature, even though I'm sure he developed a love for nature once there. No friends, no gfs (only one iirc), very little contact with family, no social skills, extreme anger and very rigid beliefs, intolerance of 'social noise', etc. Wilderness was the only place where he could be alone and independent

oh yes, you are completely right in this, but also keep in mind that to the average person anyone that sends bombs by mail is automatically crazy, no matter his motives or reason. And they do have a point, while tecnically he wasn't crazy and knew perfectly well what he was doing and why

I really like these threads, and haven't seen one in a while. Do you have an archive of previous threads (a unique thread subject might be a good idea)? Can you post a complete list of all people you have covered in the past?

No wonder he recoiled at modern society. He's way to sensitive for the hell we've made for ourselves.

On Ted's struggle to fit in socially

>"His aunt still remembers the cut of his arrogance. "Once when I was over to his home, he was just sitting there, and his father said to him, 'Why don't you have some conversation with your aunt?' And he answered: 'Why should I? She wouldn't understand me anyway.' "[...] As Teddy entered his teens, his social handicaps were increasingly apparent. David said his brother sometimes joined him and his friends in a softball game on the playground, even though they were far younger. The same thing happened later in life, too. "The contacts were through me in a sense," David said. "The important thing was the relationship with me, or I'm a buffer. That made him feel safe.""

On Ted's parents' concern for their young son

>"Concerned over his social development, the Kaczynskis consulted school guidance counselors, but never took Teddy to a psychiatrist or psychologist, David said. Teddy often went into moody depressions, retreating to his bedroom for days on end, coming down only for meals. "He was not happy in school," David said. "I think he had become during adolescence more withdrawn.""

On Ted's father and their hikes in his youth

>"When he was 10, the Kaczynskis went on a camping trip -- the father often took them out in the summer and taught them to appreciate the woods, plants and animals -- and for vacation reading, Teddy took along a volume of "Romping Through Mathematics from Addition to Calculus,""

>but also keep in mind that to the average person anyone that sends bombs by mail is automatically crazy, no matter his motives or reason. And they do have a point
I suppose that is correct

I cant fucking believe they gave this guy acid. Dickheads

bump

isn't it sad that his ;iberal cuck brother turned him in?
isn't it sad with the vast resources the fbi and other law enforcement agencies, they allowed this happen for so long?

rebump

On Ted leaving Illinois for Harvard

>"Ted left for Harvard when he was sixteen. It never would have occurred to me that my brother would suffer as a result of social isolation (and worse) there, because I had no idea he needed anything from people. I thought of him as emotionally self-sufficient, free of my "weakness" for human companionship, my need for social validation. Only years later did it occur to me that I probably mistook his introversion and strong defenses for emotional strength."

On fellow Harvard students' memory of Ted

>"what they remembered about him at Harvard were his annoying trombone blasts in the dead of night, the primordial stench of rotting food that drifted from his room, his odd metronomic habit of rocking back and forth on a chair as he studied, and his icy aloofness as he strode through the suite, saying nothing, slamming his door to shut them out."

On Harvard suitmate Patrick McIntosh's memory of Ted

>""I don't recall more than 10 words being spoken by him." [...] "He was intensely introverted," Mr. McIntosh said of Mr. Kaczynski. "He wouldn't allow us to know him. I never met anybody like him who was as extreme in avoiding socialization. He would almost run to his room to avoid a conversation if one of us tried to approach him.""

On Ted's struggle to fit in with richer students

>"Barely 16 years old, he went to Harvard. In the late 1950s, it was a men's club, wealthy, WASPy and elitist. When Ted Kaczynski, the shy, Polish-American son of a sausage maker, arrived, eyes down and wearing a garish plaid jacket, he was met by students who wore suits and ties to class."

>isn't it sad that his ;iberal cuck brother turned him in?
not without his wife pushing him btw

Only thing to say about this guy: wrong place wrong time.

He should not have gone to Harvard at 16. He should not have been rushed in, he would be as great there in his 20s, not some jaded autistic child genius

Also should have done NOFAP

On Ted's lack of confidence as a young man

>"His confidence in his intellect was not matched by any visceral confidence in his worth as a person, and over time the divide would only grow larger. His self-confidence became infected with doubt, recoiled, and then redoubled toward arrogance and grandiosity. His separation from loved ones, combined with his social awkwardness, fed the fear that he was unlovable. His early training sustained him for years. He knew how to maintain appearances up to a point, but it cost him great effort, and that effort eventually wore him down."

On Ted's obscurity in college

>"If Ted was a misfit in high school, he virtually disappeared in college. "With only 17 people in that place, you would think I would remember everything about this guy," Bauer says. "I don't." It was not that this was 38 years ago. "If you had asked me that question a year after graduation, I would have given the same response.""

On Ted as a quiet and forgettable roommate

>"Ted spent almost no time in the common room. He was "extremely reclusive," Patrick S. MacIntosh, another of the Midwesterners, told the Boston Globe. In the three years that Ted Kaczynski lived in Eliot House, MacIntosh says, "I don't recall more than 10 words being spoken by him. Ted stands out only for being completely without relationship to anyone in the suite.""

FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

On Ted's untidy room in college

>"The suitemates also remember Ted's housekeeping. "His room was an unholy mess, the worst mess I've ever seen in my life," MacIntosh says. "Sometimes it smelled like he had left his lunch in there for weeks.""

On Ted's academic ability

>"Indeed, Ted was more than an independent thinker. He was independent, period. While most students wanted help with their research, Duren says, Ted Kaczynski worked alone. He was meticulous. He wrote his explanations and proofs in greater detail than Duren and other professors considered necessary, and he printed the proofs in neat, square, evenly spaced letters."

On Ted as a studious loner

>"Ted Kaczynski was a loner socially, as well. John Remers, who lived in East Quad, took classes with him. He remembers that Ted always ate by himself. "I doubt I ever exchanged a word with him," Remers says. "What struck me is that he was never with people. He didn't seem to socialize. He was totally self-absorbed, always at the library and focused on math." In his second year, Ted moved off campus and lived in small rooms on nearby streets. "He behaved well to other people," Duren says, "but he was wrapped up in the work he was doing.""

sounds a lot like schizoid pd, maybe in combination with autistic spectrum.
i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about.

Please. I'm interested in your story.

>Sometimes it smelled like he had left his lunch in there for weeks.

I just move out when the neighbors can smell it ...

TL;DR

Ted Kacynski was your average INTP

On Ted as a potential schizoid

>"The life mission of the individual laboring under a schizoid mindset is essentially carried out in a secluded isolation chamber, where the only self-validation is the echo of inner struggles. There may come a point where the only way appears to be deeper isolation This produces crippling loneliness and enhanced reliance on one's imagination - both of which must be paradoxically denigrated as signs of weakness, since they threaten one's illusion of absolute self-sufficiency and total logic. One becomes an enemy of one's self yet needs this self for survival. It is an endgame with absolute zero on the horizon. All positive emotions and connections are extinguished, and the only thing to cling to in the face of an impending apocalypse is fidelity to one's ideals. Despite all uncompromising , dogged efforts to achieve a secure and safe haven, the outside world and reality will make itself known in due course. When it does, it will be felt as an intolerable invasion of one's sanctuary. In the throes of agonizing emotional deprivation, one may grasp for help from a last vestige of trust - one's family. Yet when family can neither comprehend the intensity of one's struggle, nor feel at ease with the presence of threatening inner torment, one must shut them out too while reeling from the sting of betrayal. One is then trapped with no escape, a fearful animal in a corner. At this point a preemptive strike becomes a rational strategy. If only someone would notice your fear and pain, lift you out of captivity and let you back into the wild, where at least you can continue searching the wilderness for sanctuary and freedom!"

_________

At one point in our lives, we've all been a Teddy...

Bump

>schizoid pd combined autistic
I would say avoidant combined with very high iq (makes avoidant problems worse), this quote of his brother makes the clear distinction between both: brother thought he was schizoid and emotionally independent but then realises ted felt the need for social relationships but was simply unable to establish them
>"Ted left for Harvard when he was sixteen. It never would have occurred to me that my brother would suffer as a result of social isolation (and worse) there, because I had no idea he needed anything from people. I thought of him as emotionally self-sufficient, free of my "weakness" for human companionship, my need for social validation.
schizoid
>Only years later did it occur to me that I probably mistook his introversion and strong defenses for emotional strength."
avoidant

Though I wonder when one has been avoidant for so long and is able to become self sufficient in isolation if they basically 'become or convince themselves' to be schizoid

>his involvement in a CIA psychological experiment
do that now

you're a moron, if anything modern porn access probably would've quelled his urges to go out and cause destruction, this guy was just an autist, simple as that, all his theories are bogus and anarcho-primitivists are just angry old men who don't get facebook

the point of humanity is to make tech sustainable, not destroy it all together and live with deers

I'm pretty sure I'm schizoidal and Ted's behaviour is very familiar to me. This passage has some truth in it but is very overblown and suppositional.

On Ted's entry into a CIA-sponsored experiment in college

>"One day our parents received a letter from Harvard. Enclosed was a consent form allowing Ted to participate in a psychological research project. A parent's consent form was required because Ted was still a minor, only seventeen years old, legally barred from providing for himself. Mom's implicit faith in the university prevents her from asking questions. Years later she recalled signing the consent form. "At the time," she said. "I was glad to give my parental consent, feeling that Teddy has some adjustment issues, I hoped these nice psychologists might help him." In doing so she unwittingly committed her son to a regiment of psychological abuse that would span the next three years of his college career."

On some background to the CIA experiment Ted was involved in

>"In 1967 [....] hundreds of college professors on more than a hundred American college campuses were under secret contract to the CIA. [...] The Harvard study my brother participate in was called "Multiform Assessments of Personality Development among Gifted College Men." It was overseen by the noted psychologist Henry Murray [...] it is clear that my brother was a guinea pig in an unethical and psychologically damaging research projected conducted by a team of psychological researchers who used deceptive tactics to study the effects of emotional and psychological trauma on unwitting human subjects."

he's schizotypal, not schizoid
schizoids are dumb dumb

>schizoids are dumb dumb

Explain

I agree

>this is what porncucks really believe

I liked your previous threads that I caught user. Cheers lad.

they're more similar to those autists who play "the little mermaid" in their head on repeat and dont acknowledge the outside world or other people

On the nature of the experiment Ted was involved in

>"The weekly sessions in Murray's lab typically consisted of one-on-one conversations between the research subject (Ted) and a purported peer who was actually a plant: one of Murray's graduate students who had been coached to behave in an insulting way toward the subject. The idea was to upset subjects by deriding their belies, values, and personal characteristics."

On further details regarding the experiments

>"the transcript of one session in which the acting research assistant focused the conversation on my brother's beard, calling it "stupid." [...] On occasion he would pass one of the researchers on campus and offer a shy "Hello," to which the psychologists never responded but kept on walking by, as if Ted did not exist. We know that the experiments involved the calculated humiliation of subjects. We know that the basic premise of the research was to study how bright college students would react to aggressive, stressful attacks on their beliefs and values."

_________

Now a few smart Feds use his meme to glean data from like-minded individuals. Many such cases!

im not a porncuck, this guy clearly had unresolved anger issues at society that wouldve been resolved if he had simply gotten laid, jerked off or did opiates

instead he spent years developing theories against the social machine and all for what? just to rot away in prison for 30 years until he dies? what was the point?

>'Why should I? She wouldn't understand me anyway.'

We can all relate to this feel, can't we?

>you're a moron, if anything modern porn access probably would've quelled his urges to go out and cause destruction, this guy was just an autist, simple as that, all his theories are bogus and anarcho-primitivists are just angry old men who don't get facebook
so your solution is porn and facebook

sedate the repressed parts of your personality with drugs, fake socialization, and perversion! It really works guys!

I'm sure it does.

>schizotypal
he didn't seem to display any of the exotic/eccentric behaviour or esoteric beliefs. He was a somber loner

>what was the point?

Some might ask the same about a life spent nodding off or jerking it to porn, porncuck

???
he certainly held unusual beliefs compared to his peers
go read his manifesto

maybe. schizoid and avoidant pd seem quite similar, it's odd they're in different clusters. and i don't buy that schizoids don't have a need for social relationships. no pd could just discard an entire brain half, so to speak.

Great thread OP, very informative read.

On Ted's memories of the experiments he was involved in

>"When my brother's federal public defenders asked him about the Murray experiments, he characterized his participation as "the worst experience of my life"."

On why Ted decided not to quit the experiment

>""In that case, Ted, why didn't you quit? Why did you keep going back to the lab, week after week for three years?" "I wanted to prove that I could take it," Ted explained. "That I couldn't be broken."

/our goy/

I can

I've always wanted to either write to this guy or buy one of his books.

if they had done it right and not tried to destroy his soul it probably would have helped him.

Check out effects of LSD on synaptogenesis, then consider the nature of autism and neural over-stratification.

It really does, but it will make you a cuck

Anyone else notice how ted is handsome as fuck in some photos? He must've been one hell of an introvert

Hey OP, probably missed a couple of these youve done now. Could you list for us which people youve done this on again? I think you had links to the archive last time but could be wrong.

On the way Ted's peers and the students he taught perceived him

>"People who had known Ted as a boy, as a high school and college student, as a professor at Berkeley and as a recluse in Montana, as well as investigators and witnesses in the Unabom case, have drawn a picture of a man whose life seemed destined to be torn apart [...] It is a funereal portrait of loneliness, obsession and contradictions [...] then total retreat from society; a concern for humanity and nature that led finally, officials say, to a one-man war against technology, and the cold calculation of the death of strangers."

On Ted's time teaching at Berkeley

>"In late 1967, Kaczynski became an assistant professor of mathematics at the University of California, Berkeley, where he taught undergraduate courses in geometry and calculus. He was also noted as the youngest professor ever hired by the university, but this position proved short-lived. Kaczynski received numerous complaints and low ratings from the undergraduates he taught. Many students noted that he seemed quite uncomfortable in a teaching environment, often stuttering and mumbling during lectures, becoming excessively nervous in front of a class, and ignoring students during designated office hours. "

On Ted's tendency to wear the same clothes to every class he taught

>"My dad had him as a professor. Only interesting thing he recalls is he always wore the same suit"

On Ted's teaching strategy at Berkeley

>"My college professor took his math class. He said that on day one he walked in the classroom wrote some complicated ass problem on the board and told the class that they had till the final to solve it to pass the course. Then he left."

He, like everyone whose lived just wanted to be understood by a society who was uncaring

On Ted’s isolation throughout youth and years in college

>"His adolescence and college years were marked by an almost total absence of interpersonal relationships. Early psychological testing showed an extreme elevation on the introversion scale and associated depressive feelings that would be consistent with his alienation at that point in time. […] Mr. Kaczynski recounts, in painful detail, his absence of any real or personal relationships with women, in addition to his absence of any consistent ongoing relationships with men"

On Ted’s hatred of people and desire to incite a rebellion / uprising

>"Mr. Kaczynski claimed in his writing, that during his college years he had fantasies of living a primitive life and fantasized himself as "an agitator, rousing mobs to frenzies of revolutionary violence." He claims that during that time he started to think about breaking away from normal society. He describes that beginning in college he began to worry about his health in particular ways, always having a fear that a symptom could result in something serious. He also claims that during high school and college he would often become terribly angry because he could not express that anger or hatred openly."

On Ted's aversion to the "hippy" movement at Berkeley

>"Ted had also been a young professor at Berkeley, a hotbed of radicalism during the '60's , a time of social and political turmoil. Ted's alienation from "the alienated generation" recalled Bob Dylan's line "He was always on the outside of whatever side there was." So I wouldn't have expected Ted to get cozy with left-wing environmentalists."

I can't even imagine what it is like to be like you. Amazing

>Repeating a pattern
>Those digits
Nice.

>Fixing antisocial behavior with more antisocial behavior
Really nigga?

On Ted's resignation from his college job

>"While Ted Kaczynski never showed any strong feelings about the activism around him, the campus riots and protests must have had a significant impact on the young academic. [...] On January 20th 1969, the young professor wrote a terse, two sentence letter of resignation from his post at Berkeley University [...] A close friend of Kaczynski's father, child psychologist Ralph K. Meister, claimed it was young Ted's fear that his students would become makers of atomic bombs that prompted him to resign."

On Ted's reasons for leaving Berkeley

>"In the summer of 1969, at the age of 27, Mr. Kaczynski left Berkeley, determined to seek a simpler life in a remote area. [...] Living again at home, Mr. Kaczynski kept mostly to his bedroom. Awaiting word on his land application, he did nothing for more than a year. His parents urged him to get a job, not to make money but to give him something to do, to ease his mind. But the effort failed. Investigators who had access to letters Mr. Kaczynski wrote later said the parents' efforts were interpreted by their brooding son as unwarranted intrusions, pressure to conform to a world he hated."

On Ted's family reacting to his resignation

>"Ted expected our parents to be angry about his decision to quit his career. On the contrary, they were cautiously supportive. After Ted and I left home, they respected our personal decisions. Privately, though, Mom expressed concern: "Dave," she confided,"I don't think Teddy's decision really has much to do with technology. I'm worried that he doesn't know how to accept other people or be accepted by them. I'm afraid he's running away from a society he doesn't know how to relate to."

Women aren't as forwards as men. They can be sexually aggressive but they often like to retain plausible deniability. When a woman is interested in you she'll stare, follow you around, contrive encounters but rarely actually initiate conversations and really push for something to happen. They're really sensitive to social rejection. It was probably quite easy for him to not have any girlfriends despite being handsome

>We know that the basic premise of the research was to study how bright college students would react to aggressive, stressful attacks on their beliefs and values
That was a long study