Why do jobs need an application and interview?

a background check i understand, that's fine, and needed

but the whole "who did you work for before here? why were you fired?" THAT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS,

it should be, you show up, talk to the boss, let them run a background check on you, if you pass, hire

why is it so hard to find a job?

and don't even say goodwill, my city has two goodwill locations and they aren't hiring at all, literally, i submitted an application and they said "we will keep it on file, but, we aren't even hiring right now"

had 12 interviews this past month, and none of them turned into jobs

i'm getting denied dissability for my autism left and right, and it's a SEVENTEEN page form i have to fill out to get them to reconsider

i guess to them "ADHD and Autism are not dissabilities, we suggest the service industry" NO ONE IN THAT INDUSTRY IS HIRING IN CENTRAL NEBRASKA (Kearney, Hastings, Grand Island areas)

and fuck you to the omaha and lincon fags who say "hurr, Western Nebraska is dead" it's not

Its to weed out unemployable niggers such as yourself.

i make money, i shovel snow and clean out people's gutters for 20-30 bucks a job

my cell phone is a pre-paid flip phone it's only 25 bucks a month

Sounds like you're not a likeable guy.

fuck you

If I recall, Thomas Edison invented Job Interviews to stroke his ego and so he can make fun of people applying to his company because he believed he was smarter than everyone and didn't feel like creating a successor which is what the Master-Apprentice System was basically all about.

Just say you were bullied in the last company were you worked.

Based on what I have read in this thread I wouldn't hire you to clean toilets

bump

CALLING ANY CENTRAL NEBRASKA FAGGOTS

CAN TRUMP PLEASE BAN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS

Unfortunately social skills are a must for some jobs and workplaces and the interview weeds those people out. Just like you can tell the personality of somebody by just talking to them.

I'll agree that most interviews are stupid.

>if you were a kitchen utensil what would it be and why?

Fuck you lady.

Capitalism doesn't allow full employment.

thats why i clean out gutters in up-scale neighborhoods, i drive around in a truck and knock on doors

Maybe you cant find a job because you're too stupid to speak English properly.

well, my dad is sick of paying my bills, and i'm getting denied dissability, and i don't think it's worth the legal hassle of filling out paperwork, hiring jew lawyers, going to court, answering questions, more paperwork

just so i can get 900 a month in autismbux

>Dude interviews to be a therapist
>good college
>no criminal records he will be great!
>turns out he has autism
This is why

>Spend 6 hours filling out application, personality test, and various other piles of shit
>Go to interview, they have literally everything they need to know about me
>2 hour interview where they ask assloads of random questions
>Say they love my resume, really want me to come work there, etc
>give me an offer, tell me that after background check and pre-employment drug test, I will start in 2 weeks

Still after all that bullshit I don't really have any clue whether or not I will get the job over someone else.

It's really fucked and I want to kill myself

Because expertise in an entry level field doesn't matter. How good you are at socializing does. Why would an employer hire a janitor they can't talk to over a janitor they can talk to? It's a fundamental building block of society and employers cling to it. Just learn to deal with it or find a profession where it doesn't matter. If you can do applied mathematics better than some extroverted fuckhead then of course you'll get hired over him.

We need to know if you are reliable you fucking idiot. No wonder no one is hiring you. You are dumb as rocks.

>but the whole "who did you work for before here? why were you fired?" THAT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS,
Actually that's my damn business. I do wanna know if I'm hiring somebody who will make money for me or will cost me money. I don't need lazy unreliable millenials in my conapny.

umm, try service industry jobs

i'll take whatever i can get

and in this rural corn shithole all there is is retail and fast food

and i can't get dissability, i tried, i get denied every single fucking time

How would you recall this? Were you alive then and talked to him?

Hopefully you were just trolling.

I've gotten jobs I'm not qualified for just by being charismatic, smiling alot, being friendly, and being quick thinking, not that hard. No employer is gonna hire a guy who talks and sounds like Eeyore

Work on a farm Mr. TRROR, because unfortunately social skills are the most important part of service jobs.

T. Customer Service Rep

Eh, there are articles about Thomas Edison interview questions.

Basically, Thomas Edison wanted you to be a walking encyclopedia even though his company would never need someone to know what is the longest river on the European continent.

Thomas Edison just made up bullshit Interview Questions.

Also, Thomas Edison was well known to be a douchebag.

Im self employed and my partner pays for everything.

I'm smoking a doobie and running a bath not because it's boxing day evening but because this is what i do any damn time i please, suckers!

>wageslaving

>tfw good job w/ no background check job w/ 15+ felonies

I have noticed that many companies use this to weed out the crap. most of the time not hiring or not taking applications they prob need help but are looking to get an employee referenced individual or a visibly decent applicant walk in the door and ask. not a junkie or full blown nigger off the street.

>things that never happened
Go to /biz/ if you want to lie about how successful you are

Degenerate as fuck. kys

i wouldnt answer that question, and complain that its degrading, work somewhere else

what farm? farmers around here dont turn a profit, they can't afford to hire help

the agriculture industry is in a terrible slump right now

farmers are having to take part-time walmart jobs to make ends meet

their net profits from farming are minimal

They have to verify that you're a good little wage-slave. That's why they demand you be excited and feel like you're being done a favor to work at a place, that won't show you a shred of loyalty.

I am really curious what you did previously for a living that you are not able to find a job.

>inb4 disabilities
>inb4 6 gorillion interviews

It is my fucking money, so yes, it is my fucking business.

start your own company if you don't agree, nobody owes you a paycheck

Human resource management must die

Go through a temp agency, if you are competent on the job it will probably turn into long term employment

Also, idk anything about your area but we have poultry processing plants all around mine and they will hire anything from illegal underage Guatemalans to people fresh out of prison. I assume most of the work is unpleasant but I don't really know personally.

>apply for months looking for a job
>get fed up and start checking the wetback box
>phone call within 24 hours
Git gud. Employers are always looking to fill that diversity quota. If they give you shit tell them you identity as hispanic and it's discrimination. Outjew the Hebrew HR department

>Go through a temp agency

Bad advice, they collect like 20% of your pay

Jesus what are you fucking retarded? A job is interviewing you because it needs someone to help them make money. They pay you for something that would make them more money. They're not just gonna give you the job for being semi functional, they're looking for someone that won't fuck around, quit, and/or rob them, and that'll do the job the best.

Maybe you should just kill yourself bruh. How dare you even consider taking my tax dollars? Jesus christ this thread makes me sick

a job is a job is a job, is a job

i just signed up with one,
they said they will get back to me after new years

Still probably making more money than you, you dirty britfuck. Go fuck the queen or something

because if i kill myself then my mom will get no care

she is disabled and cant even take her own showers

she is still competant, she's disabled from the waist down, total bitch, too, refuses to let me have some of her dissability money so i can pay my bills and stay current, she says "get a job"

Yeah, but I'd rather get fully paid than get JEWED in the process

Is your company being an assistant manager at McDonald's?

Will admit sometimes it is strange. I took a group test with like 50 people for openings coming for a good paying company. I finish first and wait about 45 mins for time limit. HR lady says they will contact us in month. I get a call early next morning. Your scores was the highest we have seen. Please come for interview today. Come to interview with big wig. " I think your scores are too high and you will prob seek more professional career and be a short term employee.". Reply "No sir.I am seeking long term employment ". ftw too intelligent to work.

then you're greedy

It's time to put on your big boy pants. When you go to apply somewhere, LIE LIE LIE. If you're trying to work at a convenience store or a grocery store, you put that you worked at "Le Grocery Store" for three years and before that you worked at "Le McTits" for a year or something. Fill up your timeline from 16 to the present with work. Literally, I've bullshitted my way into countless jobs by lying in this manner. Fuck ethics, get money. Stop being a sperg at interviews. Just smile, put on a front, and when they ask you what you think are your best qualities, a lot of employers like to hear "self starter, quick learner, and RELIABLE." They're looking for someone that's gonna learn the cycle of work quick and not fuck up, who will show up on time and not dip after a month or two. And when you get the job, be as competent as you can be. I get the vibe you have no college education, so the best job you're gonna get is quite literally in a factory. If you can do all this and lift heavy shit and generally be not an idiot, you will find work. No excuses my guy.

for real

if a job pays me 5 bucks an hour, i'll be happy

i just need to make 220 a month to stay ahead on bills, then i'll be happy, I dont like have fun money, i ususualee sit at home anyway

220 a month? you can make that in amazons mechanical turk without getting out of the house.

or drive for uber, even after leasing the car from them you will make that much a week

How is evidence of what kind of employee you are not a potential employers business?

this guy lives in bumfuck Nebraska.

Honestly mr dude, you might just be better off moving your ass to a big city or some shit. That cornhole fuck shit is all you will know if you don't leave.

(OP), this is a serious question.

How do you not understand that getting a job is a COMPETITION? There is you and 100 other people vying for the same job.

You have to excel in some way to win that job. They just don't hand jobs out to anyone who is NOT a criminal who 'passes the background check' . You must bring something to the table, you must be better at something, you must fit that job better than the 99 other people who want it. And it doesn't have to be the best at your field, it can be 'best at what they plan to do with the job' or 'this person stood out because they really cared about the company.' So really, ANYONE can get the job if they have just one thing that will fit that company better.

Job seeking is a competition, not an entitlement. Alright, so you have autism, that's going to make interviews tough. You don't understand what employers are looking for because interviews require social back and forth about the job and about you. So Im sure its frustrating. Goodness, you aren't applying for jobs where you have to deal with customers, are you? You need very good social skills for many jobs.

We really can help you pick out something that you have to offer, and give advice on how to market that to prospective employers. Are you thorough? Never give up? A problem solver? You know how to work well without supervision? These ARE SKILLS that can give you an edge on all that competition. Why DO you want to work at this company?...that's one of the most common interview questions and you can use it to convince the interviewer that you would be GREAT for this company, autism and all!

any temp agency i worked for normally had a 3 month contract where if after three months the company liked me, they'd hire me and i'd get full pay.

if i owned a car and had more than $2 to my name i'd move to Lincoln, claim to be a student and get hired

He has a point though, guy. You need to work on your social skills.

You sound like a cynical, defeatist, angry person and you at least need to learn how to fake it.

I used to feel the same way when I was a teenager and in part of my early 20s, but you will adapt..or not.

Good luck, and quit going to /r9k/ its bad for you.

Wouldn't the service industry be one of the worst for autists?

you can do amazon mechanical turk anywhere.

It is a shit job, but making 220 a month should be no problem.

Social Security doesn't have a brain

I have a graduate degree and four years experience in my field (controls engineer). No criminal background. Never been fired. I list 6 professional references on my resume and had my resume looked at by career services of my alma mater for tips. My last job ended when we showed up one morning and the doors were locked because they sold the factory without telling us. My name turns up nothing bad in a google search and my social media accounts are all private and used only to talk to family. I have no disabilities and I'm over 6' tall and fairly fit and moderately attractive. I'm also a 33 year old white male.

I've had 4 interviews in December and none of them turned into jobs. I'm applying to entry level positions - with targeted cover letters - and not even getting responses.

Hiring is absolutely fucked right now and it has nothing to do on choosing people who can perform the job well.

>I'm applying to entry level positions
Maybe that's the problem? Aren't those positions usually saved up for fresh out of college people?

>tfw literally dig ditches 8 hours a day like a fucking moron
>$25/hr
I used to be a NEET too.

i'm already on food stamps and have an EBT, jokes on you

I'm applying to entry-level and higher positions.

The interviews I'm getting are for positions that could be called entry-level but with the pay reduced, because they can get away with it in this awful economy.

Everything is totally fucked with hiring because there aren't enough non-mcjob positions for the number of qualified unemployed applicants.

I fucking love doing job interviews but I haven't been turned down ever

i assume you live in a metro, too

fuckhead

How do you even find that kind of job?

craigslist,

Working for other people will never get you anywhere in life anyways you fucking peasant.

Because it really helps you sort out whether a person fits with a company and whether they are bullshitting you with their qualifications. Also lets you sort out if they're a nigger or not.

But that's not true at all.

From what I can tell, interviews are basically popularity contests given by people who themselves have no qualifications other than being slick liars (HR and upper management) and they also love to hire niggers as long as they're 'good PR' niggers who just sit around looking urban rather than attacking people.

diggin ditches for 25/hr??

you make less than that roofing

Keep trying. That's all you'll make working in food service anyways, Might as well might put the autism to work.

The problem is that this dead end jobs didn't need all this type of bullshit a decade ago.

>OP's face this whole thread

>it should be, you show up, talk to the boss, let them run a background check on you, if you pass, hire

Wtf are you going on about. That is how it works. All that shit on the application is a formality they dont actually care about it. All your lack of success shows is how hard you face planted in the interviews.

You really think places offering minimum wage jobs are going thru applications with a comb and calling previous employers to find out what youre like and shit? No
Its a bit of paperwork to weed out the full on retards and than an interview to see if they can stand being around you for 5 min.

Congrats on being so shit tier you arent qualified for minimum wage.

if only there were a system which provided full employment....

So true. I recently went in for an interview for some BS warehouse job. In the waiting room was a nigger and Cuban guy also there to interview. The Cuban gets called in first and comes back like three minutes later. Then the nigger goes in. Was in office for half an hour, knew it wasn't looking good. My turn comes up and guy basically asks me "what's up" and asks a couple of questions and sends me out. They were looking for a diversity hire not an actual worker. Fucken scum.

yeah unfortunately its really tough nowadays

but remember Trump: never ever give up

You sound like a hard worker, maybe you just need to practice on your interview game. Practice on questions they might/wil, ask you and what answers to give. Say something funny if you have the chance but don't force it. You need to seem likable. I know it's bullshit, I hate having to act like that but like it or not, that's what they are looking for in an interview.

I also take a couple vicodin right before I go in for the interview, helps so much. Calms me down and losses me up. I've taken vicodin twice to interviews and got the job both times but I also rehearsed the night before, helped a ton.

No they are all going to Mexicans now. America presumes that you as a teen will get job experience from a friend of your parents, and as a college graduate you can't do shit without submitting yourself to the indignity that is free labor/internship.

Because most jobs, including prestigious white collar ones, require nothing more than basic literacy and numeracy so they choose people solely based on social skills once they pass this filter

I don't even think jobs will be around in 10 years, 20 max. AI will be fully sentient by then. The U.S. is now a service economy, and AI will be able to do almost all of it. It's scary but true. Basic income probably won't happen because the rich will be against it.

Normie get out reee

Just walk into your local factory,ask to speak to the foreman. Look him in the whey and give him a firm handshake. Bam you got a job. It's not rocket surgery.

>I don't even think
so far so good

>some other useless garbage spewed here
dafuq?

I won't have to worry about that, robots can't do high school custodian work.

Looks like you haven't read up on the singularity. Experts predict AI will be sentient fairly soon.

>Experts

kek

Move to a state where they need you. Here in Utah there are tons of call center like jobs in the Orem/Provo area that pay 12$/hr - 15$/hr + commission, and they're so eager to hire because the volume of calls is extremely high.

Let me list off the ones I know of
Nuskin
Vivint
Bluehost
Dotterra
My fast pc

Also another user recommended using an agency. While that's not ideal it can land you a job, and if they like you they'll hire you after your agency contract expires.

>"who did you work for before here? why were you fired?" THAT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS,
That is either low quality bait or you need to kys.

>>if you were a kitchen utensil what would it be and why?
A spatula - I like to turn shit over
A spoon - I can dish it out
A knife - can cut it
A fork - I like forkin'

too easy...

>A diamond studded ! One of a kind while still being able to .

Just got a job user, took me over 1.5 years to finally pass an interview.

I'm not thrilled about it, and it doesn't pay much (No vacation days and no Healthcare), but all I can say is just to keep interviewing or find some other way to make money regularly on your own. Personally I no longer study for my interviews and just wing it with as much charm as I can muster.

Because they need to know if youre qualified retard. You dont hire a guy to build a bridge based on the fact that he has no criminal record and good charisma. Learn a trade crybaby

Why can't we just get some sort of Universal Basic Income?

because somebody has to pay for that

We will eventually when Robots and/or Pajeets take over all of the customer service jobs.

Because I have to decide who is going to be the better fit on my team, you or the other faggot.

If you have no humor, no personality and are equally qualified as the other guy, I'll pick him.

Thanks for the interview!