He was the last Byzantine Emperor

>He was the last Byzantine Emperor
>Last night everybody gathered in Hagia Sophia
>Sultan Mehmed II offered him a safe passage away from Constantinopole if he accepted Turkish supermacy
>refused
>He went to gates to fight them and threw imperial sigils away so he could be recognized as a normal soldier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nJ2T9HNCUTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=I8VFOiykR-0&ab_channel=Demoesceptico
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The best emperor that there has ever been.

Mashallah.

RIP in peace, Byzantium.

;_;7

>He went to gates to fight them and threw imperial sigils away so he could be recognized as a normal soldier

That's a funny way of saying "tried to disguise himself so he could escape unnoticed"

A real hero, and a real human bean

youtu.be/nJ2T9HNCUTQ

Let's not get carried away here.

Last ROMAN emperor. Its sad even for me.

>tfw you'll live to see Constantinople reclaimed

Turks better get ready to be driven back to Central Asia

>almost 2017
>still hasn't been avenged

This is unsettling, hopefully things change soon

Quick reminder that Finland is the true heir of Rome

That was a super interesting video.

our hagia sophia

I literally start to cry when I Hear that. Ottomaanit Sultan offered Him a sade passage away but of course he refused and fought until the death.

Nigga was seeing jumping off the wall into the Turkish hordes like he was fuckin Legolas

Then why go to the breach in the wall to die fighting and not the docks to find a ship?

He probably just didn't want to be presented as a dead emperor and mutilated.

I wonder how shitty Constantinople was at the time it was conquered

Probably falling apart and in disrepair

Everyone miserable because they lived in a city in deep decline

There were only about 50000 people there and the Imperial Palace was in ruins, emperor lived on blachernace Palace. There were Fields around the great wall. They were clearly on despair but If Western Barbarians would have helped things could Have gone different

That's a funny way of escaping since the Turk army was right at the gates.

Wanted to go down stomping roaches with the rest of his army like a boss

His body was necer found.

maybe if the city wasn't sacked by the crusaders there might still have been a Empire for a few more years after 1453.

As long as the walls held there was always hope that it would stay Roman but after heavy cannons got around it was only a matter of time

>ywn blow the arabs out with Greek fire in the Sea of Marmara

>tfw instead off being a Byzentium stable boy you were an Ottoman stable boy

JUST

This is why orthodox Christianity is the only good religion and the only good sector of Christianity

mash allah

Because all waterways were shut off, it was impossible to run. Only way he can make out was to use the hidden tunnels underneath the city which still exists to this day. I went in to one of those tunels so I know it's real. Was pretty fucking scary though, it got so narrow at some point and I heard weird people lived there I didn't continue

Where can you enter them? I travel to Istanbul after 2 weeks, would Be great to see that.

>Catholics stop crusading
>Constantinople instantly falls
>PURE COINCIDENCE

There are many entrances, god knows where. Whole city is covered with concrete now. I found one entrance in the basement of an old house where my uncle used to live in kadıköy. He moved out of there so I can't go in anymore

They say the tunnels are huge and there's actually a underground city. It predates romans but romans used them extensively. I wonder who built them and why. Seriously though It's dangerous, they say there are people living/hiding there, the kind of people who are extremely dangerous and want to stay hidden from rest of the society. At worst you can run into some homeless junkie. I also smelled sea air so there are also entrances that lead to sea

arent most of them caves that were previously part of the underwater river that flows under the city.

Also there was an ancient Greek City that was but there first which is probably part of the system

I don't really know. They found archaeological findings dating 8000 years ago so the city's history goes far early. Before that they said it was just some irrelevant fishing town. Fucking (((official))) history man

There are many underground cities and entrances to the "underworld" in turkey for some reason. They don't let you go in though, you can only see the upper floors. Also no real pictures from lower levels, only hand drawn maps. I don't believe any of them of course

There are anatolian peasant myths about lost villagers. They return to their villagers after like 50-60 years without showing any signs of aging.

Last son of Roman Empire

One day marble emperor WILL BE AVENGED

That is interesting. Really an eternal City.

wew spooky, guess that's what happens in the areas of the world which have been constantly inhabited on a city scale for 1000s of years

das rite

>which have been constantly inhabited on a city scale for 1000s of years
implying ireland doesnt have shitload of them

youtube.com/watch?v=I8VFOiykR-0&ab_channel=Demoesceptico

Is yerebatan sarnici Part of it?

>Catholics crusade
>Constantinople sacked

Italians ruined everything.

Here's another kinda irrelevant story

Ottomans are raiding a byzantine castle (before taking of constantinople) and they are winning the fight. There's this one byzantine knight fighting so well, butchering dozens of ottoman soldiers by himself. He is the last one remaning and circled by ottomans. He's doesn't surrender and wants to die fighting. The ottoman sultan (Osman or Orhan I don't really remember) saw how he fought and says he's free to go because turks respect a good warrior

The knight leaves but he later comes back to talk to the sultan. He converts to Islam (this is for political reasons, not religious) and joins the army to fight with the sultan himself side by side. Not many people know this story because it doesn't fit any agenda so they don't talk about it much

Keep in mind that this happened while ottomans were still turkic in heart. If this happened 100-200 years later, the knight would be butchered and his corpse fed to dogs

I believe it was romans who built it. You should definitely see it, it's breath taking. See historical stuff on european side but go to anatolian side for entertainment. Stay the fuck away from taksim. Kadıköy is good if you want to have fun and get laid and it's too easy for european men to get laid here trust me

t. istanbuler whose family lived there for 500 years but had to move because it got so shitty