I do deliveries for Lowes. I'm astonished at how pathetic the average male is...

I do deliveries for Lowes. I'm astonished at how pathetic the average male is. The average nu-male can't even comprehend how to hook up a dryer vent, screw in a simple 4 wire on the back of a dryer or even hook up a water line on the back of their fridge. We go to homes all the time where we chat up women and show them everything while their beta husbands hide in the back while we get their women's panties wet and take their money via a 20$ tip. Feels good to be a real man. Any of you guys do blue collar work?

No, but the last guy I put in a house tried hooking up his own dryer and ended up shorting the whole thing out and I needed to call an electrician.

Don't you just plug dryers in and put the vent tube thing in?
Never heard of a '4 wire'

how much do you get paid?

driving around all day installing expensive shit sounds like fun.

i'm sick of my job.

There's 3 and 4 wire cords for dyers and ranges. 4 is the standard for newer houses.

he's referring to a 220 volt line

Drivers get 18 an hour starting with an average of 10hours of overtime a week(We have a busy store). We also make around 50 bucks a day each in tips. Not a bad job if you aren't a stranger to work. It's pretty cool driving all over the community and interacting with different people.

I did a blue collar job for 3 years and it turned me from beta to alpha pretty quick. Being a quiet nerd to being a loud respected leader.

Currently in my first year apprenticeship as a heavy duty mechanic.

I plan on getting my red-seal tickets in both commercial transport and heavy duty machinery. Considering working in diamond mines or possibly the oilpatch. Lots of industry in Canada.

Not a job for weak betas, that's for sure.

Todays millennials will make fine bone spike fences around our forts one day.

Yeah. I help manage my family businesses which are warehouse work and distribution as well as real estate. My brothers and I all have calloused hands

Sounds like a decent job. I work in advertising and I fucking hate it.

I don't know how to fix household appliances like a washing machine or dryer, but I built a pc and can fix issues related to water pipes and shit in my house.

>tfw I recently renovated my laundry room
After taking down walls, moving outlets, putting up drywall, putting up a beadboard ceiling, moving plumbing, rebuilding a bulkhead, installing cabinets and countertops, installing the dryer plug and vent was easy.

Hell, I did that part drunk.

Just made a contact this past weekend with a friend of a friend. He does shopping for amazon and apparently brings in great money. He buys the truck and pays the driver who is basically managed by amazon anyway.

Driver makes like $700 a week and the owner clears near $2000. Those are the numbers I was told but I might invest with this guy.

Point being transportation will always make you money. Everything needs to move to be sold

Fuck didn't read your comment very well. As you can see still something to think about and shows how important commercial shipping is I guess

nah I do all that shit around my house myself as long as it doesn't require ridiculous tools. Age of the internet is great, do your research.

Pretty nice. If I'm not mistaken, those Samsung top loaders were recalled for the spin cycle spinning to fast. Did you get it fixed?

>thinking god emperor Trump can or would do any of this shit

Listen you little faggot let me tell you how it works. In the early period, it was expected all men knew how to do basic cheap labor like this, then we discovered cheap labor and management positions. You can bitch and moan all you want, but what happens is intelligent men maybe learn one trade to save money, become fairly wealthy in their prime, invest that and make loadsofmoney, then hire niggers like you to do the work for them. Why the fuck would anyone waste time learning how to set up a washing machine when they have the disposable income to throw away on your almost useless knowledge?

I'm sure you're hoping for a nuclear holocaust so your skills become admired again, but until then screw in my TV stand and connect my dishwasher while I fuck my wife and maybe throw $20 your way if you don't look at me in a way I don't like.

Meanwhile the "cuck" has a real job and you're a hick that makes $32k a year and drives a rig. You go home and get drunk by yourself and he comes home to a wife, a cooked meal and his young children.

Douche

/thread.

Noice.

Thats the thing, regardless of weather the economy is doing well or not, shipping still has to happen. That's why I'm happy to be currently learning how to tear apart/fix tractor trailers in a state of the art facility.

I can work in the oilpatch, mining, or in logging, but if the economy goes sour being able to do repairs/maintenance to commercial transport vehicles will always be an in-demand trade.

I'll also be getting my class-1 license so I can be a trucker if need be.

I sense some limp wristed butthurt.

looks nice.. I am getting ready to do both our Bathrooms. Fun times.

Samsung appliances are pure shit the fridges ice maker broke twice in less then six months after buying it, the washer sounds like a mg42 going off and they couldnt fix it so they brought a new one and it does it sometimes so we only do it during the day. The microwave is a piece of shit that broke aswell. The only thing i can say is they always fixed or replaced everything for free when it broke.

Amerikan single phase 220-ish is two out of phase 120 legs...the neutral is worthless because the alternating return paths are the mirror phasing hot legs....they only need a ground and I would suspect the neutral is actually just another ground path.

nice ironing board fag midget

Helped out my brother alot with roofing whenever he needed it.I got to say after a day of roofing i cant find anything that would make me more tired.

I work for a construction company. May not be getting rich but god damn at least I feel like a man after a day of work

I went through the recall process, my serial # wasn't affected, thankfully. Got them on a black friday-week deal. Had an issue with the first blanket cycle we did, an hour getting it balanced fixed that. Using it for about two months now, no issues. Before pic attached

Stay away from GE and Samsung

The good brands are mid grade and above LG's. Whirlpools and Maytag. I would say Kenmore but their pretty much made by whirlpool anyway.

Don't be too quick to assume it's because all those guys can't do that shit (though I grant there are plenty that can't). For some of us our time's just worth more than the cost. If you make $100/hr and can pay someone $20/hr to do something for you, doing it yourself is basically throwing $80/hr away.

Professional painter here.
I can run a brush like a scalpel.
Feels good, man

welcome to my work user
>union construction worker
>mainly do building trades
>most of the time pour concrete
>make almost $40 an hour
>most guys I work with are either pushing 50 or almost 60
>the younger guys 18-25 know nothing but are doing a man's trade so they are learning at least
But the funny part is when nu males will be walking down the street and wander on to a job site like idiots not knowing how easily they could be killed then look at you like an asshole when you tell them
They can't walk through here or you need to turn around
They walk under cranes that are picking loads and swinging them above their heads
if a strap broke and that load would fall that it for them

>know the ins and outs of repairing dairy equipment
>terrified of fixing anything in my house for fear of a mess

I don't know what's wrong with me.

You are correct sir.

Yeah man that's it. Most people don't realize that fact.

I realized after the 2008 recession helping out at a food pantry (I needed volunteer hours for hs graduation). I asked the trucker if business was going down and he just started laughing. Truckers drive America

I do deliveries ant setup for a party rental company. Set up tents, tables, chairs, etc

I drove a delivery truck for 5 years and did blue collar shit. Enjoyed it.

Now I make 4x more to sit at a desk so I can hire people like you to install my appliances.

How do you even get an apprenticeship? I have 2 years trade school diploma and can't find shit.

Installation is usually free or very cheap. Why would someone do the work themselves if the installation is already paid for in the price of the item?

I just had to hook up a new dryer the other day. The house I am in right now is so fucking old, the dryer vent tube is made out of some paper wax looking stuff, not the foil that it is supposed to be made out of. Worst of all it was run through multiple walls so there was no way to replace the whole length of it without doing a huge job that I didn't wanna get in to, so I just used a bunch of tape to patch up the new foil tube to the old paper tube. Not pretty but I think she'll hold.

Framer here. AMA

i do IT for a small firm. big enough to need onsite IT, small enough that i have to do basically any electrical repairs.

the nu-male faggots in the design office disgust me with how helpless they are. a few weeks ago one of the fucking idiots had damaged the cable on a power strip, so i had to fit a new plug.

i swear they were watching in awe as i wired the plug, fascinated by it. picture that scene at the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey, if the apes were wearing thick-rimmed glasses and holding starbucks coffees. i asked what they'd do if one of their home appliances needed a new plug. the answers ranged from "ask my dad to do it" to "I'd call an electrician".

the whole 'never spank your children' bullshit has basically overnight created an entire generation of pussies

I think I speak for many millennials but we were never taught this kind of stuff. As a young kid you can't just go to the damn hardware store and start a project on your own. Public education reaches you to memorize shitty facts, not anything related to a trade.

I know this feel and it sort of frustrates me. I grew up learning from my dad and per my own fuckups. Literally a jack of many trades but a master of none, so I eventually got into medical.

Fixed a hole in a lady's bathroom left from the medicine cabinet she ripped out and hid it with a mirror. As I'm leaving, she asked why one of the bulbs in her recessed lighting was hanging down. Wrong bulb. I picked up a led recessed kit and switched it out. Said it was like that for 10 years and her husband couldn't fix it. Blew my mind.

A few of my buddies are useless too in the fix it sense. No common sense. Would rather memorize football stats and dream team nonsense than knowing how to change a tire. Then their wives say, oh when we have kids I'm going to have you teach them how to do things user. You can see the degrading looks on my buddies faces like their wives just dicked them hard

One guy sat in his car waiting for an hour just to have aaa change his flat. How do people survive life?

Nah, I'm rich dude I pay people like you to. How do I get girls wet? Properties my dude. Have lunch in city stay in loft, take her to the lake stay in my cabin.

Trucking is the #1 job in many states, that's why the fear of automation and self driving vehicles is there. Automation is going to cause massive upheavals in the economy in our lifetime.

Thing is, even when/if trucks become self driving, they will still need mechanics to service them.

Actually, you're throwing away $20.00 an hour. Unless, of course you work 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 a year at $100.00 an hour.

On the other hand, if you're gonna piss away a bunch of money on tools you don't have, and it's a job that's gonna take you forever, due to lack of experience/ man skills/ whatever. then it's worth it hiring someone who knows what they're doing.

How about Bosch?

How many Oxys a day do you take?

I see your point and you're not wrong, but you miss the point of being a man and being ABLE to do real work.

If you work in an office making great money, than good for you. But make sure that you're also capable of cutting wood for your fireplace on the weekends, building a table or making simple repairs. Basically don't be a numale faggot just because you don't work with your hands.

If you're a man you should have some callouses on your hands.

>can't just start a project on your own
Uh yes you fucking can. Even if you are a nerd as fucking gamer you can learn to solder some electronics or something. What did you do when shit broke around the house? Use google and youtube and learn to DIY brother.

I assemble skateboards, package and ship them. Also do some light maintenance. Pay's not great, but my co workers are and the owners are good people.

>How do people survive life
They wont, after SHTF.

>hook up a water line on the back of their fridge
i beg your fucking pardon

How do you keep the paint from bleeding under the tape onto the bottom/floor wood trim or door frame trim?

Blue tape did me dirty. Regular masking tape I have better luck

Holy fuck.

How do kids these days build skateboard ramps? We used to steal a bunch of plywood and 2x4's from the closest construction site, go get some nails and screws from the hardware store and build shit.

It wasn't pretty but we got shit done.

They're a little pricey but from what iv seen people are happy with them.

Oh allow me to translate
>hook up a drippy drippy long and hollow onto the arse side of the coldy cold box

why do it yourself when some scrub like you does it for you? Nothing more satisfying than reading a newspaper and relaxing around people who work their ass off for a peasant salary

Did you take that picture OP?

Bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Right now you have access to an unlimited number of tutorials and information on how to do a job right.

Fray a plug and need to fix it? "How to repair a wire"
Sink won't stop dripping? "How to stop a leaky faucet"
"How to measure a window for replacement"
"How to install crown moulding"
"How to install bathroom tile"

The secret is, this shit isn't that hard, just takes a little practice. Bullshit that you were never taught it, teach yourself. Just take some time out of your day and fix something.

Then you move into a dorm or apartment complex where anything related to this shit you need to call the property manager or risk violating your lease.

It's more (((Jew))) tricks

Now they have the Tiny House meme going to convince us it's cool to live in a prison cell.

Don't get me wrong this stuff is important, but lack of practical experience contributed. Theoretical or just reading about projects doesn't do shit.

I think a weekly or monthly skills course or blue collar general for men/working professionals would be awesome. I'd live to learn basic masonry, but I ain't got no land to mason.

Even the most ardent preppers will have to face the odds too. There are no guarantees.

how do you think icemakers and taps on the fridge work?

im 26 and have been building houses since about 16, started with framing now i do everything.

When ever delivery guys come deliver shit i have THEM unload, i have THEM hook it up. I do not help at all.
1. that is what i am paying for
2. if something happens to whatever i ordered it is on the delivery guy.

I do find it funny though that there are alot of males my age that don't know shit. I have a friend that sales cars, and he wonders why i have so many tools.. lol wtf so many fucking pussys nowadays. They cant even swing a hammer or change a fucking car tire. People wonder why i stick with construction... i make bank, and ill be making even more in the future when 90% of people don't know how to do shit.

Zero. Im not a degenerate nigger

Its true, sticking a fork into the neutral is a pretty neat parlour trick if you have a new house.

Do Bongs not have ice cold water/icemakers on their fridges?

"Buy a new appliance"

For an ice maker.

Don't feel bad, eventually the technology to do such wizardry will make it across the Atlantic.

So youre acting tough only making $10 a hour. Kill yourself kid.

A couple flanges for those pipes would look great too, nice work

I see you are 12 and never bough a dryer. The cord at your mothers house did not come with the dryer. So you have to buy the cord and install the cords to the dryer. The. Plug it in

B8

why do all the framers and roofers on site go the port-a-john and smoke crack/meth?

First of all percocet is patrician tier for blue collar work. Secondly if you take Oxys/Morphine in anything above 10mg you have a problem.

t. factory worker who takes percocet

>People wonder why i stick with construction.

Because you couldn't cut it in college. I'm your age, make double what you make and "work" in a comfy office with a revolving door of hot secretaries I can bang at any time. Now go fix my fucking toilet peasant.

Kek, you think their helicopter parents allow them to go outside? It's dangerous out there, and they need to study for their AP exams.

It's probably a lot harder to do that kind of grey area stuff nowadays, but there are tons of other things someone can do if they wanna learn to be handy.

Everyone will have to face the odds, but those who are better prepared will have higher chances of making it out alive. That's good enough for me.

Yeah, those went on later, and cleaned the pipes up as well

>Everyone should have the same talent stack

I am handy and personable, but utterly fail at any kind of sales.

i genuinely wouldn't be surprised if i were to find out that one or more of them had bought a new toaster/kettle because of a blown fuse, rather than even attempting to fix it
maybe that's why there are so many sjw cunts around these days. the younger generations have never actually repaired anything, and so act out to try to 'fix' society

Congratulations, op. You know how to do your fucking job

Lay your tape about 1/16th inch away from what you're painting.
Use clear painters caulk to fill the gap and also seal the edge of the tape. (Any caulk that leaks under the tape dries clear)
Be sure you wipe off most of the excess caulk from the edge of the tape.
Let that dry for an hour or two then paint your work as many coats as needed.
Let that dry then pull off the tape slowly and at a sharp angle back over itself.

Hope that helps. I use that technique when I have to fill a gap anyway and if i have to apply multiple coats.

but you're an unemployed liberal arts graduate.

No need for nukes, time will settle the equation. Enjoy your ride, an ignorant man who can't be self sufficient and even change a flat tire will be bred out.

>The average nu-male can't even comprehend how to hook up a dryer vent, screw in a simple 4 wire on the back of a dryer

>I see you are 12 and never bough a dryer. The cord at your mothers house did not come with the dryer. So you have to buy the cord and install the cords to the dryer. The. Plug it in

ahahahahahaha fuck America is a poverty tier country. Our dryers come with all the parts we don't have to pay some idiot to hook up the power to a dryer, then tip them for it

hahahahahaha

Work for a company under a journeyman as an apprentice and get enough hours to take your red-seal exam.

I'm currently at a trades college in BC

i don't do house calls or side jobs. and personally i derive great satisfaction in knowing that i have useful skills so i'm not a helpless faggot

I don't have good control of my caulk.

Dude if we want freezing water we just open a window

Thats cause your actual one is so much smaller

This desu

I'm a weeb loser and I've used youtube to fix my furnace, hot water heater, light switches, and even replace the brakes on my car. You're a faggot without the slightest bit of ambition.

t. mild weather dweller

A wife that most likely cheats on him and children that won't respect him once they're old enough to realize he's not a real man