Are there any Creationists on Sup Forums and if so why?

Are there any Creationists on Sup Forums and if so why?

Unlike leaf poster's, I Legitimately want to know why.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdxyk7seCSI
bibviz.com/
ignatiusinsight.com/features2005/tmadden_crusademyths_feb05.asp
worldhistory.biz/download567/The_Orthodox_Study_Bible_-_St.pdf
vorpal.us/2007/10/the-five-ways-of-st-thomas-aquinas-are-all-dead-ends/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I find salvation in the light of Christ. After accepting him as my lord and saviour, my life has been so much better. I think more clearly. I am more kind to others. I maintain good moral values. God has given to me what no-one else could.

So he's a dude? kek.

I personally believe there is no God because lack of evidence, well at least of what I'v seen, maybe I'm in a bubble.

Maybe after my exams I might by a bible to read.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdxyk7seCSI

Faith matters most. You can sit there keeping tallies on how many internet arguments you've won all you want, but are you truly happy in life? Do you feel you live by a good moral code? Seek salvation in the lord. Have a personal relationship with God for he is holy and eternal

Things have gotten better since I've returned to Christianity. I thoroughly believe that overall it has helped shape me to become a better person and it's just been a pretty humbling experience. Shit is tite my niqqers and I should have done this a lot earlier. feels bretty good tbqhwy.

>thinks morals aren't inherently beneficial to a species biologically

Of course it's better to be a good person. You don't need a funky religion to hone in on that positivity.

>but are you truly happy in life

No. I see how shit the world truly is and I'v come to accept that, but wallowing in your own grief and others is not the way forward, personally I wish to become a believer, something more then myself and try to help others, but I'v only been exposed to Atheism from a young age, I do not know what to read of what is worth reading.

I may be Atheist Now. but I believe Morals must be upheld of Degeneracy follows.

Faith is a coping mechanism humans devised to help them deal with difficult topics and questions.

People are terrified of concept of death, hence they believe in afterlife. Quite similar with scientific concepts that have been now debunked.

Maybe, but without moral faith I see the west decay into degeneracy and moral and physical suicide.

Attend your local Catholic Church on a Sunday and just listen. Nobody will judge you. I was as atheist as they come and now I am starting to find faith in a higher power. Even if it's all bullshit, it feelsgoodman

There are different versions of Creationism; not just the view of fundamentalist nuts that believe the world was created a couple of centuries ago *exactly* like the Bible tells the story.

Catholics for example believe that God thought of everything and set it in motion, rather than personally create each thing out of the blue. And also that a lot of the stuff found in the Old Testament is supposed to convey a message rather than do an actual description of events as they happened.

You don't give a prehistoric man a Biology class in order to explain how he came to be. Rather, you tell him something he is able to understand as long as he understands that killing is bad, desobeying God is bad, and so on.

Correlation does not equal causation.

I might just try that.

At this moment I'm at a personal dilemma, I truly believed there is undoubtedly there was no god, But i'v come to realize, I don't know that and may never know that, so I'v come to a stand still, so I decided to learn more about Christianity.

I simply cannot believe in a proposition on the basis of how it feels. I can't believe a thing exists because its existence would make me feel good.

True but your don't see this scale of degeneracy in Russia, or the Ukraine, of course they have their moment's, but not as bad as the west.

Personally I think the Crusades were on the Principle of "feelsgoodman"

The Bible is the word of God, everything in it is 100% fact

Sure, but what's your point?

horrible b8

It's not bait I never bait, the Bible is Gods word. God is not a liar, he created all life and said it's good

Maybe.

bibviz.com/

Unless you have a proxy running, you're Swedish, your flag is a cross and your on Sup Forums are you not a Christian?

I am indeed Swedish. Christianity left Sweden almost a hundred years ago. Most people do not believe, mostly because of lack of religious upbringing. I'm not going to lie and say that the majority even thinks about it. It's the same kind of phenomenon as religious countries have: I was (not) brought up to believe.

I go on Sup Forums to challenge my own views and counteract my own bias.

Do you want to know the reasons I am not a Christian?

Sure, I believe everyone has a reason. So sure, why are you not a Christian swede?

Because he's from Somalia

Well for starters, religion was never a part of my upbringing, so my default setting was atheistic. I generally didn't think about it at all until I was in my teens (I'm 20 now). I found that the scriptures and teaching didn't hold up to empirical and otherwise rational scrutiny, shortly it was contradictory to science. If a Christian asks me on the street why I'm not a Christian, I can give them a very thorough account of why, but most Swedes would say something like "haven't seen him".

Probably.

Nope. Born and bred Aryan Swedish.

I didn't know this was a YLYL thread

Okay, frenchie.

Currently the same, Scripture. at least what I know don't hold up to logic, but without Faith degeneracy is ripe.

The sequence of the human DNA strand convinced me of creation. There is no way in heaven we were not designed by a higher intelligence. I drive into the Bible and found it to be the most science based book I have ever read. Explains science like no other. Super high tech.

Never saw a French nigger in my life

Are you serious?

Faith in Jewish myths, or just a general leap of faith to uphold moral values?

I'm sure he is, I'm the same I used to be an atheist I was raised in an atheist household, when I was 18 I started reading the bible and realised the truth. Why do you think (((they))) attack Christianity so much and push for a secular state?

bibviz.com/

Do you not know Christianity is Judaism that follows a prophet "Jesus", only real difference is Christians follow Jesus interpretations of Judaism, rather then the Jewish interpretations.

I'm not going to click your weird ass websites

Sure I do, it's Jewish myths all the same.

Christ is the one, probably saved me through my existential crisis; prior i was a faithless nihlist, I couldn't make any convincing arguements against it. simply i couldn't bear the fact that there's no meaning in life kek

Probably is.
I buy the morals argument, but that is just plain retardation

When did Jesus teach t hat there is no meaning in life?

Rape is beneficial in that alphas procreate more
Murder can be beneficial (culling the weak)
Stealing also culls the weak that can't protect their resources

I'm not really seeing the biological argument. Animals don't form orderly societies and practice the NAP.

I believe in both creation and evolution - that God used natural processes (evolution) as his creative means.

I don't see science conflicting with God's existence either. I see science and religion clashing in places, but that isn't really necessary - such is mostly just scientific folks not wanting to intermingle with religious folks, too blinded by pride to realize that the two are compatible.

I'd strongly advise you search up debates amongst the different interpretations of the Hebrew scriptures and Greek manuscripts, there's a reason why many Christians typically don't read the English version of the bible, nor do they attend churches that may provide with one interpretation that is what you've claimed in regards to contradicting.

Some of the topics that aren't unanimous with every Christian sect include:
>Evolution v. Creationism
>Homosexuality v. male prostitution
>Masturbation v. sexual immorality
>Drinking v. keeping body clean (physically or spiritually)

...the list goes on and on.

I understand many will claim that different interpretations are developed in order to justify portions of the bible, as that is a valid observation, but there seems to be a lack of knowledge from many in regards to the discussions that would be held between theologians, historians, translators, etc. to determine the "correct" translation of the scriptures. You also have others that take into consideration books such as the book of Jubilee while others ignore such things because of repetitiveness.

I would just encourage others to do an analysis over the old scriptures in the Hebrew langauge, and proceed to search for information in regards to how certain words were translated into others. A good example would be the term yom.

Reading any English translation would be terrible, I cannot recall the scripture, but it mentioned the maximum age a human can reach, followed by stating that a person lived up to be over 200 years old. This is where the debate over the term yom would develop, as yom was used as a blanket term to translate day, week, month, time, year, period, etc.

I'm personally starting to believe (originally atheist) that God has stepped back at let Humanity make it's own mistakes to let it learn, from those mistakes.

But at the moment, I'm still unsure.

Not really. Before I became a Christian I was an agnostic (or maybe deist at best) who really didn't fear death at all. I would say I accepted death as the reality we all have to face.

I converted in my 20s because I met a man who was a nerdy intellectual like me who actually had all the philosophical and scientific answers to my skepticism. I realized that I was only running from God because I wanted to be a degenerate and live a hedonistic, animalistic lifestyle.

Personally, you are wrong. Read up on the Muslim invasions of Europe.

fpbp as always

Any links?
Or am I on my own researching
(currently drunk, so may take a few hour's)

>I found that the scriptures and teaching didn't hold up to empirical and otherwise rational scrutiny, shortly it was contradictory to science.
But they do and it's not.

If you accept evolution, paleontology and archeology, you cannot accept Adam & Eve, therefore you cannot accept the fall of man, original sin or anything that follows from that.

So you are almost a deist, like Thomas Paine or something.

Redpill me how

Hopefully they do, gonna buy a bible soon then go to Church for the first time and ask the priest for his opinion.

Are you going to consult a priest on science?

Maybe, I do not Know, I'm drunk at the moment, But I'v come to realize, I had conceptions that I knew everything, but in Reality I didn't, So I truly want to learn

Rather religion, what he think and maybe I can finally make up my mind on the topic after I hear his opinion.

Also I got Quad's, so Gotta go now.

Praise Kek

>I had conceptions that I knew everything
Being an atheist does not necessitate gnosticism.
>So I truly want to learn
Then you should study science aswell.

Jews hate Jesus more than they hate Hitler, they killed him and their race has been cursed for it. Matthew 27:25.

t. Engineer in learning currently

ignatiusinsight.com/features2005/tmadden_crusademyths_feb05.asp
You can start here. There are many books that delve into verifying the details through historical analysis. Google is your friend.

Probably because Jesus made a more successful sect then Judaism.

Engineering is not biology, cosmology, paleontology etc.

It's not enough.

No evidence of the events of Jesus.

That's incredibly open-ended. The Bible is hundreds of pages. Which part? I can't explain everything on a Vietnamese cave painting board. Some open-mindedness and theological study is required.

Hey, got to guarantee a decent Degree so I can support a future family.

>If you accept evolution, paleontology and archeology, you cannot accept Adam & Eve, therefore you cannot accept the fall of man, original sin or anything that follows from that

Only protestants take Adam and Eve litterally. If you're interested in philosiphy and science you should read some Thomas Aquinas.

Wut? Historians agree that Jesus existed and that at a minimum the non-miraculous events of the Bible are verified by other evidence/sources.

Historians generally agree that he existed. If he comitted miracles is up to faith and even if he didn't my faith has changed my life for the better.

Question, Since I'm new to the Religion thing, what is the difference between Catholic and protestant?

Maybe English but my Family is Catholic.

And barely know the difference*

People have been critisizing christianity ever since Jesus walked the earth (search "the unforgiveable sin") and even before.

Do you know what the reality is? That there will always be folks saying "HES NOT A REAL GAWD", yelling "MUH SCIENCE, ITS CURRENT YEAR, WE NOW KNOW THIS IS BUNK" and there always will be.

Do you know what else theres always been?

The LORD above looking down on us, loving us and caring for us, refusing to turn his back on us even when we do on him. His word has guided good people for thousands of years through wholesome, rewarding lives and eternal salvation.

Source: Born again Christian who spent 13 years as an Atheist. In the 2-3 months since I came back, I'm happier, I'm calmer, I deal with the degeneracy I see everywhere much better, I've felt the presence of the lord around me in church and while praying, I've made wholesome new church friends, ended a 7 year family dispute and understood the world better than ever before.

10/10 would accept Jesus again, highly recommended

worldhistory.biz/download567/The_Orthodox_Study_Bible_-_St.pdf

>Which part?
You can start with the supernatural ones
>Some open-mindedness and theological study is required.
I'm not a n00b

Yea sure, but it's not enough regarding this specific subject.

>Only protestants take Adam and Eve litterally
No?
>If you're interested in philosiphy and science you should read some Thomas Aquinas.
I've read Thomas Aquinas. He has been debunked for centuries.

>Wut? Historians agree that Jesus existed and that at a minimum the non-miraculous events of the Bible are verified by other evidence/sources.
This is a meme. There are no reliable Roman records of the events, especially regarding the arrest, trial and crucifixion. Josephus is the best Christians can muster up, but he's dubious at best and not generally accepted as a reliable source on the matter.
>and even if he didn't my faith has changed my life for the better
Okay. That has no epistemological weight at all. Practitioners of all other faiths can say the same, it doesn't mean anything.

Maybe, but If I want children, I need to know I can support them.

The Roman-Catholoc church is the church as Jesus intended it as it's the church founded by Peter (Matthew 16:18). Tradition is very important for Catholics, Protestants don't have a church tradition and follow sola-scriptura meaning that they bellieve everything in the bible is literal. They also let women become priests for some weird reason.

Gentle reminder that Jesus of Nazareth was White.

>I've read Thomas Aquinas. He has been debunked for centuries.

Now you're just straight up lying. Also his work makes a lot more sense than the big bang theory for example.

Evidence, please.

Who is Thomas Aquinas?
Any links?

>all protestants are the same
There's a hundred Protestant churches. Which one are you talking about? The bible forbids women taking on a leadership position

Read Hume, read Kant and read this
vorpal.us/2007/10/the-five-ways-of-st-thomas-aquinas-are-all-dead-ends/

>Also his work makes a lot more sense than the big bang theory for example.
How so?

Ahhh, thanks, my Family comes from Ireland that is Catholic, yet I was raised in a Protestant country so never really knew the difference.
Thanks Spain-bro.

If there was any evidence that could persuade everyone faith wouldn't be necessary. God gave us free will, he doesn't force us to believe in him. All I know is that I was restless and unhappy in my edgy atheist phase but now that I've reconnected with Jesus my life has become infinitely better. I hope that you too will see the light one day user.

>You can start with the supernatural ones
Ah, I see. You are a teenager.

>A giant orange orb, floating in the middle of nowhere.. and nearby is a blue rock floating near in nothingness, with 8 billion sentient apes that evolved and learned how to talk to each other.

Sounds crazy?

Look in to conspiracy theories. What is hiding in Antarctica. What did Admiral Richard Byrd find down there? Unlimited resources and 1400+ navy/soldiers and a literal fuckton of ships.... 8 months to "observe and explore". That's weird, right?

You realize how much of this MSM stuff is controlled by Jews in power, right? You guys read about it every day here, talk about how Israel is evil.... yet no one wants to think that *maybe* just *maybe* there has been a conspiracy to destroy culture and religion that's been set in place? I find that a little strange.

The jews hate Christianity and seek to destroy it. SJWs and BLM movements are funded by jews. They want to unravel our society. They openly mock you all.

If the Chinese or Brazilians held control over all media and the banks, everyone would be up in arms "Fuck that! Let's fight them." but because it's jews.... anti semite!

We're all being funneled and controlled. Like you guys haven't seen shills and bots on here, is it so hard to believe that they destroyed our religions.

Wake up

I also Wish to reconnect With Jesus, thanks for all the info Spain bro.

Catholics are pagans, Christ warned against following tradition over Gods word which is what Catholics do. They took the Roman traditions and tried to fit it into the Christian faith when it contradicted it

Welcome back to the fold.

Evidence of what?

This thread is literally evidence of what I said

And that's the key difference. You epistemology is based on believing without evidence. Mine is based on forming beliefs on what the evidence show to be most likely.

With your epistemology, anything and everything can be true.

>he doesn't force us to believe in him
Yet he threatens with eternal punishment.

>All I know is that I was restless and unhappy in my edgy atheist phase but now that I've reconnected with Jesus my life has become infinitely better. I hope that you too will see the light one day user.
Again, practitioners of any other faiths can say thesame.

>Ah, I see. You are a teenager.
I'm not, and even if I were it wouldn't be an argument.

There is no eternity in which the human mind can find eternal peace and happiness

>The jews hate Christianity and seek to destroy it.
Didn't Jews also Kill Jesus?

Double 3s of truth!