Mandela effect

What is Sup Forums's view on this 'phenomenon'?
I believe its utter bullshit. My reason being that the event the effect is named after, Nelson Mandela supposedly dying in prison, obviously never happened. The reason why a lot of people (mostly Americans, it seems) believe this to be the case is due to them confusing Steve Biko eith Nelson Mandela because of muh 'prison niggers in South Africa lol'.

My point is thus that most every form of the 'Mandela effect' is explained simply by people misremembering information and inforcing their incorrect beliefs through others who also misremember information, or are convinced that they remember things differently.

What you said is entirely true.
People just get convinced by something that sounds like it could be true because they never bothered to prioritize it in their minds, therefore making the memory susceptible to questioning

I also believe that the so-called Mandela effect is more prevalent amongst people from the US (by extension most such 'Mandela effect' occurrences seem to relate somewhat to US culture). Of course, I may be completely wrong, but I just cant find any true evidence that suggests anything contrary to what I've said.

Theres a lot of people in the US, that also means theres a lot of idiots. That would increase the the number of the "mandela effect" but all that is is just remembering something incorrectly

Perhaps the Mandela effect is essentially the cultural manifestation of memetic thought - if enough people believe something to be treu and tou aren't sure about it yourself, what reason would you have to doubt them? Thus, youd fall for the meme.

right, idiots that cant remember correctly

Mandela Effect is a pretty cool interesting sci-fi idea that got hijacked by complete morons.

The idea that a lot of people have the same incorrect memories is fascinating.
If you can find even two people who legit believe that Mandela died in prison, if they're telling the truth and they both have the same vivid memories of the event - that's fascinating. I want to find out more.
But then Reddit FAGGOTS got their hands on it.
They immediately go to ''lol remember Bernstein??? It's actually a BARNSTOON!!''

These people are complete idiots. Absolute morons.
They're putting wrong spelling on the same level as huge historic events.
As if someone changed the past to kill Nelson Mandela, rewrite history forever, and then they changed the name of ''KitKat'' just for laughs.

Fucking morons ruining everything fun with their shit.

Just a bunch of retards who don't understand memory is a very fickle thing.

When someone says "Beam me up Scotty" but that was never mentioned in the show, is that Mandela Effect?

When someone says "Luke I am your father" but Vader says "No, I am your father" is that Mandela Effect as well?

No, it's like "mirror mirror, on the wall" -- people have just been saying it wrong forever because nobody wants to watch a terrible Disney movie from the 50s

What if someone says ''Uhh, it's so big. We might hurt him. Well cover it, take a pillow. Do something. Oh, I'll do it if you're gonna be such a prude. Prude?''

I'm going to fuck you in your ass until you love me, faggot.

Oh shit, I am sorry.

>What is Sup Forums's view on this 'phenomenon'?
Stupidity

I would love to see any of you explaining the missing braces on the girl in the bond movie with jaws.

And looney tunes. I grew up on bugs bunny and daffy duck. It was always toons until it wasnt.

So Mandela effect is pretty much a systematic replacement of memories to replace history?

She never had braces wtf are you talking about? And it's always been Tunes, youre thinking of Tiny Toons.

Just came here to laugh at you. The Mandela Effect is very real and more important it's still happening.

At this point I'm convinced there is something like a soul, something that can store memories unrelated to a physical body brain.

So, in reverse, if you people cannot remember are you simply from this world without ever expirience a change or do you not have a soul? Seeing how stupid and emotionaly crippled leftist, libtards, niggers and roaches are, I'm starting to feel a missing soul could be the cause. Who knows, you might not even exist?

>I cant remember that it was always Berenstain
>that means you don't have a soul

Wot?

Op should have used this pic instead.

Yeah because Disney movies today are great...
Faggot.

No one remembers Nelson Mandela dying in prison, because the only reason Nelson Mandela is famous is because he got out of prison and became a leader.

But they do, though, hence why it's called the 'Mandela effect'.

Not the point

stop posting this utter garbage, its obvious that the mandela effect is based on confabulations

Dude. You need to keep your head down. You are touching on some heavy shit.

>They are soulless, cold-blooded reptoids
>They hate us for having fire in our hearts
>They want to devour and dominate us

Are you autistic, you fucking Walloon, I know Mandela effect is fake, but there are plenty of people who think otherwise

>Mandela effect

It would be better called the 'narrative effect'.

Human brains are very good at remembering stories and translating events and facts into stories. The flip side of this is that a good story is often more powerful than a real event.

Look at the way certain people and groups get moved into a 'hero/martyr' category and others get moved into a 'villain/oppressor' category.

Real life is a mess, historical figures and movements are neither heroes or villains, but people prefer a simple story to a confusing truth.

This is more a limitation of the human brain than anything else.

God I love Sam Jackon

That's Edris Elba...

Biggest one for me was Turrent and Turret. I could have sworn it tanks had turrents.

funny thing, because they speak of bad memories and confabulation they won't change a thing I know but they show that they aren't even able to keep ordinary memories. they say, everyone is retarded but I only hear "I'm retarded so you must be too!!!"
kek

>obviously never happened

No shit, that's kind of the entire point of it.

Lots of changes to the geography of countries, Too many changed lines in entertainment and then you get into the products: It was never Froot loops or jif peanut butter(we got that one next to the goober grape down under).

Elba isn't that old, its obviously James Earl Jones

None of it even matter

It's real. Most of you children here are under 30, so you don't have concrete memories of shit from the 80's. For those of us who were born 1975-1985, we know for an absolute fact that some things have most assuredly changed. Smug millennial faggots and delusional millennial druggies hijacked the conversation, so now those of us who have actually experienced this phenomenon tend to just accept it because our 'defenders' are an embarrassment and the clowns who were still shitting in diapers at the turn of the century telling us we 'misremember' are so arrogant and insipid that it renders their opinion worthless and not worth even a dismissive response.

(Moving goal posts)

CRINGE

retard thats danny glover

He got out of prison and became a despot

>Only 80's kids will misremember this

He didn't become a despot lel. Not a gpod president, sure, but far from a despot.

>nice trips

Berenstain now, not berenstain like you spelled "wrong". This is the only real one

This

Eccentric people with poor memory

fail

Oh look another shill makes a thread to find more infographs/memes/info from newfag anons.

Are you a leaf using a proxy? If I was shilling, I'd be pro Mandela effect, you fucking knobhead.

Are you retarded?

This. People mass-misremembering something is interesting. I remember it being Bernstein as well but it's not something I've thought about since I was five so planting false memories of something only vaguely familiar would be easy to do.

Thing is, Mandela effect is more than just the changed of words, or simple memories.

It's the fabrication of history to paint things black and white for those after them, it goes hand in hand with "the victor writes the history"

It's easier to control people when history is conveyed in black and white.

Nazi - bad, American - good
Mandela - good, Afrikaner - bad
Democrats - good, Russia - bad

Although evendence shows that everything isn't in such contrast, it's written or portrayed in such way by simply tweaking events. And when memories become faded you won't remember the details, only the perceived truth as told by those around you and the fragments of memory you have of it.

Chester said "Luke I am your father" in the Double T in the Morning episode of The Fairly Oddparents, and other shows have probably made similar references. It's all just context. I'm a star wars fanatic and it's always been
>He told me you killed him!
>No. I am your father.
>No! That's not true! That's impossible!
>Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
>Nooooooooo

>ask a "mandela effect" believer who Nelson Mandela and what did he actually do
>you'll find your answer

It's not hard. The entire beginning of this "phenomenon" was people who didn't pay attention in history class.