Trump is apparently working behind the scenes with members of Congress to create a package of legislation meant to...

Trump is apparently working behind the scenes with members of Congress to create a package of legislation meant to improve child care and elderly care. Among those is a proposal for 6-weeks paid maternity leave. The whole package is expected to cost $1 trillion over 10 years.

How does paid maternity leave make sense? Why would you pay someone for work they aren't doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/23/first-100-days-trump-faces-steep-challenge-in-bid-to-ease-child-care-costs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>apparently

Get some sauce for that spagetti of bullshit or gtfo.

because you want people to procreate and breed the taxpayers of tomorrow which will pay for the pensions of the old dudes some time, which wouldnt happen if people cant afford to make kids

Because the people have some weird entitlement issues,

>Every other country has paid maternity, therefore the states needs it too.
This mentality sucks

Although his other plan where you can deduct taxable income for being a stay at home mom makes sense.

foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/23/first-100-days-trump-faces-steep-challenge-in-bid-to-ease-child-care-costs.html

It's to deincentize hiring women.

>Why would you pay someone for work they aren't doing?
so you spend tax money on making your local population birth rates increase instead of spending much more tax money bringing 'refugees' from other cultures and parts of the world

You're right, you convinced me.

But it sucks for companies when women play the system. My sis did this, then got another job a week after coming back.

How about neither?

>How does paid maternity leave make sense?
It doesn't, but if a Republican President and a Republican Congress pass it it'll make tens of millions of working mothers more open to hearing them out on more Conservative policies and completely undermine attempts by Democrats to paint Trump's Administration as anti-women

Tax incentive for working white families to have children.

But isn't that the entire strategy of the left? To use misinformation to paint the right as being extreme so that the right bends to the will of the left?

Gives you more reason as a hard working white person to procreate.

>Trump makes Paid Maternity Leave a thing
>Feminists forever BTFO because it was a Republican, specifically Trump, who got paid Maternity Leave in America.

I'm so not tired of winning.

>How does paid maternity leave make sense? Why would you pay someone for work they aren't doing?
Reason why why birth rate is so low, if we can increase the white brith rate to a respectable number any money is worth paying

The mother is one of the cornerstones of Western society. This will encourage whites to have more babies which we desparately need.

doesnt work, we have it. its yet another shitty govt program.

Why the fuck are you complaining OP? The people that need this most are white families. Lots of my friends and their wives are literally not having kids because of the impact to their life and career. If we offer them incentives then more white people will have kids.

For fucks sake I hate it when Sup Forums has these conflicting ideas. This is someething that is good for us, that we need. Shitskin immigrants will shit out kids regardless. Middle class white people will be reluctant to because they have established comfortable lives that they don't want to disrupt - make it easier for them (us) and white people will have more kids, and we need fewer immigrants.

>a proposal for 6-weeks paid maternity leave.

Kek, anyone remember the ton of leftist websites freaking out about how terrible this was when he mentioned it during the election?

Literally what they have wanted for years, but they HATE it suddenly just because he wants it.

No policy is perfect. Nothing will ever be perfect. This is one of my arguments in favour of gun ownership - yes, shit may happen on odd occasions, but its a price you must pay for that fundamental freedom of owning a weapon.

MUH FREE MARKET FUCK THE POOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE