Nuclear Energy

Hey, Sup Forums. Liberal faggot here. Hey, there was one thing I was curious about, and that was Dolan Trump's stance or plans about nuclear energy.

If there's one thing I know, it's that Republicans aren't fucking pussies about nuclear energy.

Obviously, one of the things I care about given my position on the political compass is climate change. I'm a proponent of nuclear energy being key to help prevent climate change while being able to meet our energy demands. It also gives the country a higher demand for better educated workers with high wages.

There's three things that can be done that would be great:
1.) Create more current-gen reactors. They're safer, and more reliable
2.) Create Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors. I think most of the tech is there, but we haven't yet created "casing" if you will, that will resist the corrosive nature of the process.
3.) Put more effort into fusion, if the technology can be functional and cost effective.
4.) For the love of shit, I hope we don't put any new reactors near a fault line or in/near flood planes.

Tl;dr: Trump and nuclear energy. Does Trump have any plans about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zc7rRPrA7rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shut up faggot.

Sorry, I meant four things.

>Calls me faggot
>From France

nobody gives a shit about thorium because you can't weaponize it

nobody gives a shit about making new plants because it regulations make it insanely expensive

drumpf is all about coal and wood burning

Great point, but that's why you use plutonium. Besides, if you want to convince hippies to use nuclear energy, you tell them about thorium.

So, do any Republicans actually care about regulations regarding nuclear energy? They supposedly hate regulations, so I'd hope they'd want to do something about it.

Will you stop with Drumpf? Nobody cares anymore

Fuck I had a huge post written up but recaptcha keeps kicking me out

I dont think Trump has a plan for building more plants although I wish he did. Optimal choice would be a mix of old fission technology, the new thorium technology and the one being researched like ITER

I hope you got the energy to rewrite the post. This is the one thing I really want to have a dialogue with Trump supporters about.

It wasnt much longer than the one I rewrote, maybe Trump meant more nuke plants when he said theyre gonna build more nukes.

If youve been on pol long enough, you'd know that 95% of us are for nuke plants and anti wind turbines

Pretty sure thrre new regulations against putting nukes next to flood areas

>... near flood plains...

doesn't understand cooling

>fusion

We'll have warp drive before fusion reactors.

I'm for both nuclear and clean.
Some places are great for solar/wind/tidal plants while being too seismically active for an atomic power plant.

>regulations

Build
Absolutely
Nothing
Anywhere
Never
Again

As far as I know Surrenderland is mainly powered by nuclear power.

To be fair he is a faggot for being French though.

Tfw wind power is totally useless
youtu.be/zc7rRPrA7rg

reminder nuclear isn't that profitable and thai ts the reason murica stopped building plants

Nothing can replace oil. Deal with it.

Solar is a net energy loss unless it's right on the equator.

We'll make fusion reactors before warp drives because warp drives are impossible.

But we'll never make a fusion plant that makes money off the electricity.

I don't really know what Trumps plans are on this but I would be inclined to agree that more nuclear power is a good thing. He does want to cut regulation which as another user stated is a barrier to new nuclear power projects.

Good thread. I think nuclear is a great option in terms of energy, clean (relatively) and reliable. I think the only people who are opposed to it are on the left, take (((jill stien))) as well as oil and coal barons for obvious reasons. Richard Spencer made a good point about this, he said we should get some nuclear engineers to go public and denounce all the "MUH RADIATION" and "MUH CHERNOBYL" bullshit. If Trump doesn't have a stance on this, we should try to make a push for it, pic semi-related

Yea Goy, keep buying more oil from the saudis, remember nuclear is bad. Have you forgotten about Chernobyl?!

Nuclear energy is a great bargain if you are already enriching Uranium like trump would need to for his nuclear buildup

I'm speaking purely from a physics standpoint.

Oil is the most robust source of energy that exists. It cannot be replaced. We've looked for well over a century and nothing else has been up to snuff.

>Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors

The fuck? you mean molten salt

Who the hell wants to live next to one of those reactors w/ that toxic smoke billowing out? Your children would look like mutants.

Those are all good ideas with regard to nuclear energy and I hope the Donald considers them. Nuclear energy is the future.

I'd love to see more nuclear. The AGW position would be a lot more credible and defensible if they were pushing nuclear instead of toxic solar and bird choppers.

I know you're trolling, but that's water vapor