Hello Sup Forums, can we seriously discuss restoration of monarchies in Europe...

Hello Sup Forums, can we seriously discuss restoration of monarchies in Europe? Is it even possible to restore monarchies in modern democratic-representative world?

Current European monarchies:

>UK
>The Netherlands (*1804)
>Denmark (ancient origins, first documented king - 804)
>Norway (*872)
>Sweden (legendary origins, can possibly date to 1st century BC; first docummented king - 10th century)
>Spain (1516 - 1873; 1874 - 1931; *1939)
>Liechtenstein (*1719)
>Luxembourg (*1815)
>Belgium (*1830)
>Monaco (*1297)
>Andorra (*1278)
>Vatican (recognized - 1929)

Monarchies (only kingdoms and empires) that existed 100 years ago:

>Austria (1526 - PU over Bohemia, Austrian Archduke claims title of Czech king; Formally: 1804 - 1918)
>Bohemia (1085 - 1092; 1158 - 1174; 1212 - 1918)
>Württemberg (1805 - 1918)
>Saxony (1806 - 1918)
>Bavaria (1805 - 1918)
>Poland (1025 - 1792; 1815 - 1867; 1916 - 1918)
>Greece (1832 - 1924; 1935 - 1973)
>Italy (1861 - 1946)
>Germany (1871 - 1918)
>Romania (1882 - 1947)
>Albania (1928 - 1944)
>Yugoslavia (1918 - 1945)
>Bulgaria (1908 - 1946)
>Serbia (1882 - 1918
>Hungary (1000 - 1946)
>Russia (1546 - 1917)
>Turkey (1299 - 1923)

Honorable mentions:

>Portugal (1139 - 1910)
>France (486 - 1792; 1804 - 1848; 1853 - 1870)
>Lithuania (1253 - 1792)
>Hannover (1814 - 1866)

Pic. 1910

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_monarchs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Zvonimir_von_Habsburg
youtube.com/watch?v=YQtLxYde-rw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic. 2016

No of course, democracy became almost a religion by now, as if possibility of choosing who will bring orders of soros to life is in any way related to freedom or prosperity.
Most of people will never understand anything about monarchy, not even on this board.
Moreover, jews didnt tried to abolish it for 200 years just so that we could restore it now.

Ofc restoring absolutist monarchy is immpossible but maybe celebratory ruler could be possibility in some countries, maybe countries like Russia, Italy, France, Germany, even Portugal was close in the 70's during Salazar

Spain is an modern example that you can restore the monarchy after it was abolished. Only thing I'm not sure about is if there is any possibility for peaceful restoration - withouth coup

Bump

No. Only reason it works, is because it's old and therefore legidimate

Then why was it abolished in the first place?

>France
>1853 - 1870
no

My bad, Napoleon III. took the throne 2nd december 1852, I got confused by the fact that his potential second term would have began 1853

The thing is, we don't really consider Napoleon I and III to be kings in France. They were emperors. Bonapartism is very different from French monarchism.

How does it work in France? The Legitimists are more conservative?

I see what you mean but it is still considered technically monachy. My intention wasn't to dispute Napoleons' disparity with Bourbons, rather I wanted to show how rooted monarchy in general is in European society. And frankly if monarchy was restored in France, I would be in favor of monarch from House of Bonaparte.

The monarchists are kind of irrelevant. Only few political groups are monarchists, it's a very uncommon opinion. The monarchists tend to be very conservative people.
Bonapartists were replaced by Gaullists since Gaullism can be seen as an evolution of bonapartism.

I wouldn't be in favor of monarchism. Both Napoleon I and III became emperors because of their political intelligence and charisma, not because of their family. I think it's a healthier way to chose the nation's leader.
However I do not hate monarchy. It's a very important part of our history, I just don't think it could work in the current century.

Party of Marie Le Pen (Front National) was basically founded by mixture of monarchists, bonapartists and other minor groups of conservatists. It served as a shelter for these groups during her fathers' leadership and to some extend continues to serve that purpose now.

I fear this is more a topic for /his/
In Germany for instance, a royal movement is basically non-existant. It is seen as a waste of money for cheap prestige, a right-wing tinfoil thing and of no actual use.
The amount of tourism, the similarity to the Bundespräsident and its cultural background do not outweigh the non-interest of the German people for this topic.
People here would rather settle for the idea of a Führer than considering a Kaiser, I'm serious. And you know that the likelihood of Germany going for a Führer figure in a non-democratic way is also seen as impossible.
It would require a massiv medial force pushing for the idea for it to change and as of now, there is no way thisll happen.

Britain, Benelux and Scandinavia are generaly considered one of the most democratic nations out there and they're all monarchies. I'm not talking about absolute monarchy, I would be fine with celebratory monarch

Well you already have president that has bassically no power, monarch could replace his role and bring more prestige to the nation, also he would be someone who will improve Germany's prestige overall. Also he would be certainly better moral figurehead of the country then Merkel

No. Le Pen is a cuck married to a whore (literal whore), who was a huge naziboo and sucked enemy's cock to astronomical levels. His daughter is a feminazi mannish dyke who's right arm is an actual faggot.
Gaullism and Bonapartism is based and relies on french pride with no need to leech success and ideology from your german masters. I'm not even french (eastern euro studying here) and I get that.

It was founded by the "Algérie Française" type of guys, not by monarchists

Imperialist/colonialists tend to be monarchists as well

Montengro is just sea-side Serbia

Albania is a turkish puppet state, remove

The problem in France is that I don't think the king would be legitimate in the eyes of the population.

Trust me, I had this argument before. Doesnt sway the normies.
>If its the same and only brings a bit of prestige why change it?
>Rather have 5-7 eternally payed officials than 1 paid head of state for life
Nobody here likes royality or deems it okay. They love British monarchy but for Germany its seen as an ancient relic of no use.

Make him a black Muslim king and your population will flock to support him

there's no europe without poland, fuck you pepik you volksdeutch bootlicking scum

Yes.
Basically italians, spaniards, lebanese and jews (immigrants) speaking french in algeria and larping as frogs. Look it up, most of pied noir were neither french nor white . Algeria still is fucking french clay. Arabs turned it into a shithole, should have been genocided.
But the trust me goy I'm a real french cuz Algérie française guys are one of the worst types of cancer only third to mudslims and joos in France.

Plenty of German monarchies missing desu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_monarchs

The problem is that Georg Friedrich Ferdinand, current succersor to German throne and Prussian prince made no claims and publicly distanced himself from people trying to restore the monarchy.

Also to my knowledge, the are certain groups of people in Germany that respect pre-WWI or WWII borders and refuse to obey German law. Idk what's their name but they've recently got into the news for killing two police officers

The Habsburgs weren't forced to renounce their royal claims in Hungary (unlike in Austria) because of commies, so legally they still have rights to the throne. Their heir apparent seems to be a based kid.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_Zvonimir_von_Habsburg
I'd be all in for a monarchy because republicanism has no historical tradition here and all of our previous republics (technically this is our third one) were shit anyhow.

Why would you want to?
Also, the Netherlands is only technically a monarchy; it's a republic for all practical purposes.

Not necessarly. Salan was not a monarchist and neither is Jean-Marie Le Pen.

Couldn't they get the Habsburgs instead?

also answering your question there are no men above the common folk, God Honor Farherland, not God King Fatherland, ok?

If they reformed the Holy Roman Empire, they might.

Well British monarch is still one of the succesors to German throne. Current British monarchy has origins in Hannover and was originally named House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and only renamed to Winsdor during WW1

Kek'd

>HRE

If doubles, Trump establishes a monarchy in the US

Nobody in Germany would be interested in picking a Wittelsbach because they are associated with Bavaria and while Bavaria is the biggest federal state the northern Germans would revolt. One of the Prussian houses? No, this time the Bavarians and Swabians would revolt.

Some Saxon nobility? We might be on the right track. Nobody in Germany really loves them, but they aren't hated either.

But could we find a monarch that unites all the regional sentiments? Those of the Prussians, the Bavarians and the Saxons? Some house that could be popular in Swabia, Bavaria, Prussia and maybe even the Rhineland?

The house of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha! They have the Saxon part ticked, they have reigned from Coburg, a Bavarian town that should have become the capital of the German Empire. And they are a sub Branch of the House of Hannover which in turn is a branch of the Welfs who have ruled both Prussia and Bavaria. Sweet, so we just need to convince the Rhineland and that's it.

So who would be a suitable monarch of Saxe-Coburg Gotha? Someone who wouldn't get involved in politics too much. Someone who is decidedly German in their ancestry... That's right:

He just picked some facts of Wikipedia. The entire list is a shit. The most obvious error is calling Italy a kingdom. To this day and age Italy is in itself separated.

The Habsburgs had the title of King of Germany. They also were more prestigious than any other family.

I don't like monarchy by principle, but to be completely honest, our country is yet to have a president better than our good kings.

But the current pretenders come from the noblest of lineages (our best general) and they are a bunch of weirdos.

At the very least I'd like the colours of the flag back, if not the crown itself.

If current European monarchs wanted to rule they would be politically active, trying to get into power.
They are mostly cucks that need to die off.

Problem with HRE is that there was only kingdom permited to exist in the empire: Kingdom of Bohemia. Even Austria was "just" Archduchy. That's also the reason why former members became kindoms around 1806, because that was the year of the dissolution of the empire by Napoleon which mean states like Bavaria weren't tied to obey rules of HRE and could declare themselves kingdoms

>They are mostly cucks that need to die off.
That's true

Salazar was actually considering restoring the monarchy, similarily to Franco's restoration of monarchy in Spain. The only reason that prevented him from doing this was that many of his supporters were republicans and could have joined the opposition if monarchy happened, also he feared changing the flag so he wouldn't give opposition their symbol

They're called reichsbürger and most deserve to be shot even when I agree with them that the monarchy has to be restored

Monarchies were more aesthetic but reviving them won't bring back 17th-18th century values.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQtLxYde-rw

>It is seen as a waste of money for cheap prestige, a right-wing tinfoil thing and of no actual use
This is true if it's constitutional.

>Nobody in Germany would be interested in picking a Wittelsbach because they are associated with Bavaria and while Bavaria is the biggest federal state the northern Germans would revolt. One of the Prussian houses? No, this time the Bavarians and Swabians would revolt.
Mate you're having too much fun larping, no one in Germany gives a fuck.

I doubt he'd want those inbred idiots.

We're too pragmatic for a monarchy, to be honest.

>All sciences have their mysteries and at certain points the apparently most obvious theory will be found in contradiction with experience. Politics, for example, offers several proofs of this truth. In theory, is anything more absurd than hereditary monarchy? We judge it by experience, but if government had never been heard of and we had to choose one, whoever would deliberate between hereditary and elective monarchy would be taken for a fool. Yet we know by experience that the first is, all things considered, the best that can be imagined, while the second is the worst. What arguments could not be amassed to establish that sovereignty comes from the people? However they all amount to nothing. Sovereignty is always taken, never given, and a second more profound theory subsequently discovers why this must be so. Who would not say the best political constitution is that which has been debated and drafted by statesmen perfectly acquainted with the national character, and who have foreseen every circumstance? Nevertheless nothing is more false. The best constituted people is the one that has the fewest written constitutional laws, and every written constitution is worthless.

Is Joseph de Maistre politikino?

Yeah the frogs killed the rule of white people with their constant backstabbing and plotting against a natural order. Then they lost every war afterwards, succumbed to nigger cocks they imported and are now one of the first ex patris caliphates. Yeah, dissolution of HRE really worked out well for you.

They can't do anything on their own withouth support of the people. Sadly, soon enought monarchist tendencies across Europe will get smaller and smaller as the people that remember them die off. If we want to restore any monarchy democratically it's about time, but the only other option in modern times is coup or monarchistically thinking president (someone like Franco, Salazar or even Putin)

>Is it even possible to restore monarchies in modern democratic-representative world?
if we change dynasties. the current prince of ours can't even speak serbian

Where is Poland on that map?

>Reichsbürger

Yeah that's the name, thanks user. You're right thought that they are bassically group of idiots and that's part of the reason (sadly) why monarchist tendencies are dying, nobody wants to be associated with such people.

Stay mad

Ofc it was bit overexaturated, personaly I would be in favor of Prussian king

Next to Belarus.

That video was sad to watch btw

All thrones belong to Lizzie.

Not mad, we are done. but I truly enjoy every nigger cock you take like in the EM against the sea gypsis.

Most of our rulers were shit.
Past and present.
Defenestration should be a thing again.

I thought there are nice people in Netherlands.

1792 - death of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth aka third partition of Poland between Austria, Prussia and Russia

Poland was later restored as pupet state of Russia (known as Congressional Poland) and during WW1 as German pupet state. It became independent in 1918 as a republic only to be annexed by the soviets twenty years later

Imagine if you could guarantee that the head of state would be a white anglo saxon protestant till the end of time.

Someone trained from birth in the traditions and customs, the physical manifestation of the identity, traditions and culture of the nation.

Cheaper than a president but with less power and more accountability.

The head of state is the same person as the head of the national religion.

Completely independent of business, establishment and partisan interests.

An institution physically incapable of being infiltrated and subverted by jews or any other alien interest.

A politically correct rallying figure for extremist patriotism that can't be criticised or slandered by the media.

A stabilising influence preventing rebellion or revolution, commanding allegiance from all parties.

The last piece on the chessboard to defend before your nation falls to globalism.

An unbroken political link to your history, cultural heritage and legendary past.

A tribal chieftain you can really give your whole heart in honour and noble loyalty to.

That's what we have.

She's fucking German

>Most of our rulers were shit.

Vozd Karadjordje, needed for fight me turks 1 on 1
Knez Milos Obrenovic, needed for even Serbs have brain
Knez Mihailo Obrenovic, needed for Serbs can into Europe
Kralj Petar Karadjordjevic, needed for we wuz old European nobility and sheet
educate yourself, all great rulers

Milan and Aleksandar O. were bad, Aleksandar K. was a good king but a bitch who destroyed Serbia to create SHS and Yugoslavia, a.k.a. not really our king, and there is where Karadjordjevici lose rights for Serbian throne, even Petrovic-Njegos have more rights

Depends on the ruler desu, I know he experienced Napoleon so I kinda understand why would he say this

No, fuck monarchy and fuck nazis. We don't need any of that shit.

You shouldn't be proud of that. Look at France now.. The good doesn't outweigh the bad..

t. Person who left France because it has been on a decline for over a hundred years. My family fought for Napoleon

So are the English, the Anglo SAXONS. Her name is SAXE-Gotha-Coburg. Her ancestors are from the House of Hanover - Hanover, SAXONY. She can trace her ancestry to William the Conqueror. The throne is hers by descent and divine right, the unbreakable bonds of blood and spirit.

>Royal family
Literal welfare niggers, but more expensive.

I honestly think that the problem is monarchist parties aren't take seriously over here => no media coverage => nobody knows about them => no votes

The Braganza pretender is a weirdo?

If only English genealogy was so simple that you could claim they were pure-blooded Saxons. The average Englishmen is a mutt between Celtic, Germanic, Scandinavian, Latin, and French influences.

That said, I do agree with your point on the monarchy's ideals. I just don't think your current one fits those ideals.

The jaw and the nose make her look like Putin.

>most
I had those in mind, as well as some Nemanjićs when I typed in my comment.
Also first reign of knez Mihailo is regarded as a poor one, he was never much loved by the people.
Petar was a good king, still remembered among the people as such.
I can go into the faults of each and every one in depth, but its something to go over with a beer, not some oriental ouija image board.

Yeah, he's a soft cunt. Left-leaning too, but that may be because he no longer has any stakes anywhere.

Yeah that's basically the case, our only monarchist party (Koruna Ceska) isn't getting invited to any political debates or anything like that. I actually read their agenda once and they weren't so bad, the only problem I have with them is they want to restore Habsburgs, I would prefere someone ala Jiri z Podebrad aka elected by domestic nobles

It doesn't really depend on the ruler. The question is whether or not monarchies produce better leaders than democracies on average.

But... Eduardo or Alfonso?
Alfonso has a very smug face.

The thing with monarchy is that you can get the best king ever and then he will have the power and time to do best things ever, but then you can also get degenerate faggot (via picture) who will rule for fuck ton of years and bring the country down, that's why restoration of absolute monarchy is immpossible.

Forgot pic

Duarte Pio is the current pretender.

Are you thinking of the Brazilian line?

Duarte = Eduardo

No, the Portuguese one

Yeah, he's a bit of a leftit pussie. All worried about the environment and shit.

We'd need tryouts to find a new king, desu.

The real problem is the Parliament and Prime Minister. Our current President is pretty cool.

Does he have any ambitions to become the king or is he hidding in the closet afraid to speak up?

I'm sure he's sad he's not the king, but also relieved, desu.

He knows the Portuguese people are way too republican/pragmatic to accept a regular dude having more rights than everyone else. We're just not like that, really.

B-but your kingdom had some great moments, it led the colonisation of the new world, during it's existance Portugal was one of the key players in international politics, you helped to defeat Napoleon. What did go wrong?

We stopped naming our kings "Afonso" and our generals "Pereira".

Stupid mistake, in retrospective.

>letting yourself be a subject of a king

Is there an even greater way to be a cuck?

How many powers the President has?
PS + BlocdeEsq + Communists have majority in Parliament so I suppose that they can pass a lot of things

Excellent point my dude. The British people are a nation, not a tribe. Why would anyone expect our monarch to be any different?

Your head of state is a half-Kenyan muslim nigger.

He can dissolve the Parliament at will, choose the Prime Minister (he chose the right-wing guy first just to make a point), and a couple of veto powers. His signature is also required for passing bills, I believe.

He has quite a lot of power for a President in a Parliamentary system, actually.

Before that he was a law teacher and a tv-commentator and politician. He's generally very affable and well liked (think Obama), and he's smart as fuck.

Look how energic he looks, ready to make Portugal great nation once again, ready to rule with strenght god has given to him. Makes me sad to look at this foto knowing he would be such a great ruler

Wouldn't you love it if Trump ruled forever?