Huffpost at it again

Now they are calling bi-polar disorder "something to be proud of"

When will huffpost just disappear with their bullshit?

Today

it's nicer than being called a drug addict

Reading comprehension level: abo

If you're reading it, it's for you.

Proud of something that can objectively be called mental illness? This just blows my mind.

Not only is it plain bullshit, it also encourages that people who need help just not seek it.
Willful ignorance is the greatest tenet of left-wing ideology.

Being a functional autist is a more proud existence than a basement dwelling autist who posts shit on a Taiwanese noodle art board all day.

>implying being told youre sick is helpful especially when there isnt a cure

>if you're living with this illness and functioning at all, it's something to be proud of.

>and functioning at all, it's something to be proud of.

Pretty sure it's saying if you're dealing with your problems, good for you.

>Be proud of it

Seriously? I live with this shit, unmedicated, and I struggle to keep up or slow down, depending on how I'm feeling. Either I'm going mile a minute and confusing people, or just barely able to haul my ass out of bed, get to work, and still function.

I'm about as proud of it as I'd be proud to have a massive brain tumor.

lol, bitch was a crazy druggie. glad she's dead

I'm not proud because I'm a depressed loser who is "functioning"

Fuck off with ur mental health hero bullshit, this is tranny-enabling tier

>Spent her whole life spunking her millions of dollars away on coke
>Died at 60 as a result
>Hero

Wrong

It literally says IF you are living with bipolar AND FUNCTIONING then THAT (the ability to function) is something to be proud of.
Learn to read faggots.

As much as I hate Huffpo, that's not what they're saying

My mother has bipolar disorder, and so did a lot of my family members since its virtually genetic. Let me tell you something, its like living in a literal hell when your in a house with someone mentally ill. Being bipolar is not something to be proud of.

>unmedicated
May I ask why? Lots of those meds can be scary, but IME some of them can be quite effective; my bipolar bf started lithium a few months ago and is in much better shape for it.
I'm not bipolar but I am an aspie, and it infuriates me to see other autists (or anyone, really) tout it as a gift. Mental illness is shitty in general and pretending it isn't is somehow offensive.
But from the OP's quote, it looks like HuffPo is just saying that overcoming the adversity associated with the diagnosis should be a source of pride. So it's not really degenerate, just trivial.

Same here, I just bought a plane ticket to Iceland and I work in 3days. Just realizing this, hope it doesn't come all crashing down once I board

You need to learn how to read.
You faggots need to learn to ACTUALLY read what was posted.

I'm the first to shit on HuffPo, but they are saying IF YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE DISEASE IN A SOMEWHAT DECENT MANNER, YOU SHOULD BE PROUD.

Which is accurate. They aren't saying take pride in mental illness which OP is suggesting.
You're all fucking retards.

lithium treats the mood swings right, but it makes me feel like I have 0 ambition and food tastes like shit.

They're calling having bipolar disorder and functioning as a normal human being something to be proud of. Can you even into reading comprehension?

Blessed Mary's dildo, the two people who understand the OP are from non-English-speaking countries.

I have bi-polar, real bi-polar, it's actually split-personality. There is nothing to be proud of with that fucking shit. It sucks casually talking to someone then telling them to fuck off five minutes later just because you don't know why. When there is nothing to be mad or upset at and it's a nice day, I'm still pissed and don't know why, same for being in a sad environment and laughing or having a good time.

Bi-polar to me is nothing more than a person who has a mindset that doesn't follow the norms of society when they "should". So fuck off with that be proud shit. Fucking cunt.

Thank you for showing that there are at least two Americans who aren't mental defectives.

I liked the top tweet posted after her heart attack (but before her death):

"Carrie Fisher survived alcoholism, addiction, depression, bipolar disorder & 60 years in Hollywood. If anyone can survive 2016, it's her."

No, those are called comorbidities, and they make recovery significantly less likely.

>significantly less likely.

Never tell her the odds.

You are defective beyond redemption. Gas yourselves at once.

/thread.

I actually have multiple personality disorder or DID

Try blacking out then waking up weeks later in a hotel in Thailand with 0 fucking idea how you got there

>Try blacking out then waking up weeks later in a hotel in Thailand with 0 fucking idea how you got there

Sounds like an ALT right out of uni during the winter holidays.

WELL GOSH I JUST WANTED TO SHARE A STORY GEEEZZZZ

fuck lithium
fuck antipsychotics even more
i was diagnosed type 1 bipolar 10 years ago
the pills don't fix it they just numb you so you don't kill yourself or someone else
the actual solution is two steps:
1. be super fucking picky about the food you eat
no processed bullshit only super nutritious real food
buy local and organic if you can for better results
2. go to fucking therapy
none of the modern pop psychology bullshit go to a real psychoanalyst and fucking deal with your shit
it takes years and its expensive as fuck but it works

I just keep myself physically active and visit a shrink to babble. She does nothing for me but I need to talk a lot and no way I'm unloading that on my family members/gf. It's been working well, just knowing yourself and knowing when the peaks are coming, so you can deal with it.

I take semi-useful hobbies to deal with the extra drive. I'm following cooking classes, shooting bows and taking a survival in the woods course

That makes sense, fair enough.
Glad you're finding ways to cope; working hard and possibly being happy is the way to go. Good luck, fellow mentally ill Sup Forumsacks of the world.

Reminder

It's this new leftist thing where they take people that are sick or mentally ill and fucked him and claim they are brave and strong and that they are normal or better than us.

It's the most annoying frustrating thing. No, being gay does not make you a hero or a survivor, it makes you abnormal.

>If anyone can survive 2016, it's her
JUST