Reminder that if you haven't read Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, Homer, Virgil, Tacitus, Livy, Aryian, Suetonius...

Reminder that if you haven't read Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, Homer, Virgil, Tacitus, Livy, Aryian, Suetonius, Josephious, and Cicero's complete works you are a faggot who is the cancer that is killing Western Civilization.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ru3gJ46dsA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have a wife and 2 kids and make a decent living. you're a loser faggot who spends all of his time on the internet. who's hurting the west again?

What if I'm a nigga ? How am I suppose to read this cracka shit ?

Rekt and checked

>names random names I remember from Wikipedia aka "their complete works"

You

if youre on Sup Forums instead of fighting back the foreign hordes and impregnating as many white women as possible you are the cancer

>“I had nearly five thousand volumes in my library at Rome; but after reading them over many times, I found out that with one hundred and fifty well–chosen books a man possesses, if not a complete summary of all human knowledge, at least all that a man need really know. I devoted three years of my life to reading and studying these one hundred and fifty volumes, till I knew them nearly by heart; so that since I have been in prison, a very slight effort of memory has enabled me to recall their contents as readily as though the pages were open before me. I could recite you the whole of Thucydides, Xenophon, Plutarch, Titus Livius, Tacitus, Strada, Jornandes, Dante, Montaigne, Shakespeare, Spinoza, Machiavelli, and Bossuet. I name only the most important.”

Damn Nu Sup Forums is so funny I can't wait till they start to orange text

>tfw browsed Sup Forums for years
>not even the most die-hard racists claim that black people can't read

The ultimate global redpill is the black realization of its own limitations

>i have a wife and 2 kids and make a decent living

If your kids aren't white christians, then your "contribution" to the world is meaningless

I don't care, I like Eastern Civilization more.

I'm illiterate. Plz no bully.

they're white and christian, not that i need to appease some worthless NEET. kys leech

How you doin my brotha Mohammed ?

Kaplach. Who is this semen targ?

>no motherfucking Plato
>no motherfucking Aristotle
>no motherfucking Plutarch
>no Seneca
>no Demosthenes
>no Sophocles
>no Euripides
>no Aeschylus
>no Aristophanes
>no Polybius
>no Ovid
>no Caesar
>no Marcus Aurelius
>no Pindar
>no Horace

kys

>he hasn't read Caesar's Commentarii de Bello Gallico

brosef halfa that sh×t is playpretend storytime name some practical titles or frick off
yay raising children & deferring your dreams to next life! nightmareface

>studying liberal arts
LOL

you if you don't offer your children a proper education

but don't worry I'm sure their public school teachers will have you arrested for mansplaining or manspreading or wenching

i seriously doubt that you've read all that you fucking cuccboi.
gb2

>the feminists in my local queer theory college study group read books
>therefore reading books are stupid

both of them are in college, one studying EEE and the other in physics. you faggots project so hard it's embarrassing

Most of this shit is shit. Skip it and read Aristotle.

Not all books
Just liberal art books

Reading shit like OP suggests gets you to be 40 and working at Starbucks writing a tumblr blog about minimum wage

Your wife is probably ugly and so are your kids.

Cicero, Livy, and Seneca are legit bro tier Roman writers. The rest are plebs.

>no Marcus Aurelius
You dumb

>(((Josephious)))
nice try

>Not all books
Yeah just not the greatest books in western literature

>reading for any other reason but to amass knowledge

pleb please go and start with Greeks you filthy degenerate

>mentions a bunch of fiction authors and poets
>does not mention great philosophers like Aristotle, Plato, Seneca, Aurelius, et al
fucking scrub

Yeah, can I have a mocha latte. Grande.

He spawned Commodus the gladiator madmen cuck, screw Marcus.

Seneca is best Roman, Plato is best Greek

>tfw to intellectual to read for any other reason than things career related

>That one leaf pretending to be a stormtard
Clean your own house before talking shit.

All the greatest intellectuals and innovators in post-renaissance Western history received classical educations. Even today--where it's been overlapped and shunned by degenerates in our current public education system, some of the most successful individuals have a background in it (such as Mark Zuckerberg, who was known for quoting Homer and Virgil a lot and learnt Greek and Latin, and Bill Gates and Paul Allen went to a Preparatory school that had a classical curriculum). Even the most based modern Conservative (Sir Enoch Powell) was the embodiment of a classically educated man. It produces true free thinkers as practically every ethic / social / political issue you see today happened in analogous circumstances in the past, and these books perfectly document it in neutral and concise ways that have been studied and given commentary to over centuries. Your kids will just be slaves going by whatever zeitgeist conventions there are in society and either be liberal or reactionary to it.

who said this?

I can hear your fedora

Oh look at me. I'm just like the classical educated gentlemen of the 19th century
I wear suits whenever possible and always refer to women with the respect they deserve

Real men get real jobs and live real lives without faffing about what fucking boy-loving faggots thought about what it means to be good

It's from the Count of Monte Cristo

Real men are those who have a classical education and a job and drive. Slaves have jobs too, but that is meaningless if it's some lowly work or if they don't advance or innovate it in someway.

You sound like someone whose parents were too poor to send to a private school.

>they don't advance or innovate it in someway.

Look at Mr "I read Roman gossip so I'm going to change the world" over here

A FUCKING LEEAAAAF

"Real men herpa derpa sherpa, dun need no bewks to lerned to ferpa."

Jesus fuck are you pretending to be this retarded, got dayum leaves. Hes absolutely correct, quit larping and understand its your mentality that has bred this current generation of liberalism.

>not studying liberal arts has made people more liberal
Wow ok then

>Xenophon

Does Anabasis count?

>if you haven't read Herodotus, Thucydides, Xenophon, Homer, Virgil, Tacitus, Livy, Aryian, Suetonius, Josephious, and Cicero's complete works you are a faggot who is the cancer that is killing Western Civilization.
I have to read all these works just to fir your definition of a non-degenerate?

Its reading and understanding that creates perspective. Accepting ideas on face value with no context of their origin is what creates hardliners such as PC cultural Marxists. Surprise surprise, history began way before your shithole country, and they have gone through many of the same things we see now.

Are you even trying to not be retarded or what?

Sadly, that's pretty much what's happened.

>Herodotus

For the people of Colchis are evidently Egyptian, and this I
perceived for myself before I heard it from others. So when I had
come to consider the matter I asked them both; and the Colchians had
remembrance of the Egyptians more than the Egyptians of the Colchians;
but the Egyptians said they believed that the Colchians were a portion
of the army of Sesostris. That this was so I conjectured myself not
only because they are dark-skinned and have curly hair (this of itself
amounts to nothing, for there are other races which are so), but also
still more because the Colchians, Egyptians, and Ethiopians alone of
all the races of men have practised circumcision from the first. The
Phenicians and the Syrians who dwell in Palestine confess themselves
that they have learnt it from the Egyptians, and the Syrians about
the river Thermodon and the river Parthenios, and the Macronians, who
are their neighbours, say that they have learnt it lately from the
Colchians. These are the only races of men who practise circumcision,
and these evidently practise it in the same manner as the Egyptians. Of
the Egyptians themselves however and the Ethiopians, I am not able to
say which learnt from the other, for undoubtedly it is a most ancient
custom; but that the other nations learnt it by intercourse with the
Egyptians, this among others is to me a strong proof, namely that those
of the Phenicians who have intercourse with Hellas cease to follow the
example of the Egyptians in this matter, and do not circumcise their
children.

As shown, Herodotus does not mention chosen people and therefore is an anti-semite propagandist. Attributing to all to idol worshiping Egyptians, how interesting.

>they are dark-skinned and have curly hair

WE

If you've never read platos the republic, your opinion is invalid

>republic
>not dialogues
You dumb

You know what? You're absolutely correct. Greco-roman culture, literature, history, and philosophy is pointless to learn. It's not like it's better or more rich than any other culture! In fact, the first nations are in many ways, if not most, better at reaching enlightenment than any white culture. It's 2016 after-all (almost 2017!) why should be reading dead white males who are completely irrelevant today instead of writers of color whose experiences are more relevant and insightful?

We should leave critical thinking up to scientists with how to live our lives and whether something is moral or not. We have no use for that. We should just focus on work--for that's what being a man is all about; Bill Stein the STEM Guy told me that after all! The entire purpose of life is to work. It's not like people have free-time outside of it or can't amass enough wealth from investments to pursue their own passions and further their educations.

There's no point of learning about the past other than that white males are responsible for all the ill-doings and suffering in this world from the dawn of time, that is relevant.

>There's no point of learning about the past other than that white males are responsible for all the ill-doings and suffering in this world from the dawn of time, that is relevant.
That's what you learn in liberal arts, brah

I find it hilarious that you try to associate the negative aspects of liberal arts onto my position

Like, how many SJWs do you think find in a machine shop?

>Dialogues

>Not Phaedo

Plato tells us about giant aliens and crashed spaceships, and you fags care about his basic bitch philosophy.

Tell me more about these spaceships and such. Quotes? Source? Im interested af in Platos writings on ayys

Sorry, it's part 2 of Republic.

Gyges finds a crater that contains a 'giant metal horse' with a giant corpse sitting in it, and on that corpse finds a ring that grants him invisibility.

Neat. Way better than Socrates and Phaedrus talking about fucking little boys all day

>if you don't worship my Jew god your life is pointless
Gas thineself

All banter aside, Cicero is legit if you want to study arguing and presenting ideas.

His Wife is alive. Somewhere. Out There.

"She raises the feral children to Civilization."

Classical Liberal Arts as an education and particular modern humanities majors at Liberal Arts institutions are not the same thing, friendo.

Classical Liberal Arts as an education stems from the premises of there being a Trivium and Quadrivium curriculum, but over the past 150 years it's been used to describe a given broad-range theoretical education that at-least teaches a classical language of some sort, grammar, literature, and math.

A SJW who majors in Queer studies at some Private college that historically had classical liberal arts curriculum, but no longer does, doesn't mean they got a liberal arts education or received closer to one than any public uni or tech school. As they almost always aren't required to take the essential subjects in a Classical curriculum for their general ed requirements anymore. They often aren't required to take math classes, classical or foreign languages, science classes, historic literature, and history classes are no longer required. A classical education isn't a certification or diploma but just a type of education style that can be implemented on a primary / secondary / university / informal-at-home manner.

It's like comparing basket weavers to welders and gun-smiths as you can argue they're all crafts.

>Like, how many SJWs do you think find in a machine shop?
I'm talking about what ideal type of education someone should receive, not what people should make into their career. You can be a welder with a classical education prior to starting your apprenticeship or certification, or do it on the side after it. You don't need to go a University to do it (although it helps in a lot of aspects).

Yes, She cares.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ru3gJ46dsA

Top 5 entry level philosphic works that arent the shit they teach you in intro level philosophy classes?

>both of them are in college
And you still can't be bothered to read those great works?

Wasn't that written by a black dude though?

Plato -> Aristotle -> Aurelius -> Augustine -> Montaigne -> Hobbes-> Descartes -> Spinoza -> Smith -> Kant -> Rousseau -> Hegel -> Marx

The only thing I need to read is your mom's pussy

Really only useful as an easy read for 1st yr latin. Not particularly useful otherwise. Unless you like recitations of enemies killed, towns besieged, etc.

Xenophon Anabasis is a much better military journal, since it showed Alexander the Great how to send a smallish army into the depths of Persia with no supply line, and win. Also describes the invention of tactics that were later copied by the French and British during the Napoleonic wars.

But Caesars Gallic Wars? No real redeeming value except small vocabulary, short sentences, regular classical sentence structure, etc.