Ameriburgers! Is this a good route for backpack traveling? Is there anywhere else I might want to go to?

Ameriburgers! Is this a good route for backpack traveling? Is there anywhere else I might want to go to?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Walk_of_the_Navajo
thelocal.de/20091114/23273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks like you have about a thousand miles of desert and 500 miles of swamp there.

I want to go through the desert desu, sounds like fun, not so sure about the swamp though.

Try somewhere in Brazil

You would miss Las Vegas.

lol

just stop

Try the north, maybe? Are you afraid of the cold?

assuming you're starting in North hemisphere spring thats gonna be terrible. You going through all the hot parts during the worst time and the cool parts are going to be cold by the time you get there.

Once you hit Georgia head to Stone Mountain pick up the Appalachian trail goes all the way to Maine but at least it is made for backpacking.

why would you skip Philadelphia?

>Are you afraid of the cold?

A little bit. My cousing lived in Gerany for one year, he said the cold up in these countries are a lot more than we, brazilians imagine. I'm afraid I'd end up stuck inside all the time during the winter.

why do you want to trek through Americas' asshole? The south is is hot, racist, backwards place. People are going to act like assholes in every state to the right of New Mexico.

>mfw you survive those thousands of kilometers of suicide deserts and alligator swamps and deliverance rapes and Florida men and Texans and somehow cross the Appalachians on foot but in the end you get shot dead while walking through the bad part of Washington D.C.

it will be quite an experience I can tell you that

Isn't the bottom part the area of the us where they suspended the constitution in a "special zone". Or was that not true

you don't want to go close to the border

Bro, Philly is totally worth skipping. There is a minuscule amount of culture in that city, with museums and historical sites, but in all, Philadelphia is a shit hole.

Only if OP is a queer like you

This would literally take months.

elaborate please.

Martial Law has been declared in the South only during Lincoln's Presidency.

He's talking about tourism, not an entire vacation just for hiking. The Appalachian Trail lets off right by my house in New York. Half of those faggots gets dropped off in cars and pretend they've hiked the whole way, getting out of vehicles to pose in front of the mile marker there.

Dude, those northern states near your end point are going to be brutal during the fall and winter. It will be below zero with a bunch of snow and icem

I would start your hike where you originally planned on ending it. Start in the spring and cut south along the Appalacian Trail. It takes six months to go from end to end on that trail alone.

Then cut west. Texas is bigger than it looks. Remember that.

the desert is impassible you know, German tourists die there all the time and the southern sands are littered with the coyote-scattered bones of Mexican illegals who were trying to cross it the short way rather than go all the way across it laterally like you are planning to attempt

Is plan b better? I'd only go through Dallas in Texas, then GTFO from the south.

Do you really think Southerners will treat a South American nicely? They will probably mistake him for a Mexican and try to deport him.

Sad that some of America's most historically significant cities have been transformed into shitty ghettos by niggers.
>Philly
>DC
>Large portions of New York

Horrible idea to wander in the desert in the Southwest for so damn long. Cut some of that part short and venture further north towards the end into Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Especially Maine. Go to Acadia National Park and even hit the Knife's Edge trail in Moosehead State Park up to Mt. Katahdin.

Also, hit Mammoth Cave in Kentucky instead of a straight shot up the East Coast.

That's not a bad alternative, I'd say it's pretty decent. There in next to nothing in flat middle America, and in the summer, you have to watch out for Tornadoes, but the weather will be nicer, and so will the people.

You have to hit Montana and at least one of the Dakotas. The most beautiful states in the union IMO.

It's called southern hospitality

Anyway op just flip that and you fine

The North East is great in the summer

You just planned a trip through literally every terrible place in the country. Start in winter and cut through the middle. Also the desert cant be backpacked, youll need a cart to carry about 10 gallons of water at a time.

I just googled the walking directions from San Francisco to New York and it's nearly a straight line across the US

OP, I've driven from SF to Phoenix and that stretch of desert between LA and Phoenix is barren, especially once you pass the check point into Arizona - I don't think it's possible to walk through there and I'm almost positive it's illegal to walk onto any interstate/freeway

I mean just look how far these guys had to walk
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Walk_of_the_Navajo

Anyone who can name what show this road trip map features in wins.

How are you going to get around? How will you avoid being picked for vagrancy in every small town ala Rambo: First Blood?

America hates hitch hikers, and you can't just pitch a tent in people's back yards.

Ummm, Top Gear?

You'll die in the Sonoran Desert and that's a certainty but go for it.

nope its a american show

The perimeter areas of America are the most scenic. Fly over the middle of the country if you can. I live in that boring middle part.

See the Rocky mountains if you can, or the grest forests to the north. Don't waste a vacation on some flat prarie nigger filled shit hole like Oklahoma.

Your second route is a long boring drive.

I would try to hit up all these places if you're going to be in the West:
SF, Yosemite, LA, Las Vegas, Sedona/Grand Canyon, and Yellowstone if you can make it but that might be too much of a detour.

Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives?

Get a bike with a little trailer. I wouldn't follow I-10, your Plan B follows I-40, more or less. Stay off the Interstates. If you follow the highways there's a town about every 20~40 miles or so.

if you are truly backpacking and not using a car/motorcycle/plane, this is going to take you about two and a half years.

nope not a show related to food

stay away from california, florida and new york

OP here.

Is racism in the south a real thing or just liberal propaganda?

Yes, I know they love their identity and culture, and naturally want to protect it. So they obvioulsy don't want their daughters marring foreingners, specially if they are of other races, neither the whole third world in thei backyard. But as long as I am respectul towards what they care about, I don't overindulge their hospitality, should i really fear anything?

Take US50 from coast to coast.

what are you. are you black

The US ain't Europe. You can't just wander aimlessly around it, most of all the west of the Mississippi.

It's real, but it's not dangerous. Exactly like you described.

Morning show with Al "that wasn't a shaft" Roker.

Kek

>brazil
As if you were planning to return to your country...

"Wasnt a shart"
>t. Phone nigger

I'm white.

>Brazilian worrying about backward culture in the South.

Kek, nigga you'll feel right a home there.

Don't be a dumbfuck and remember that you're a guest.

And yes, the south does kind of suck. Don't exepect southern hospitality if you're brown and/or foreign. You'll probably be ok if you're respectful.

He will indeed.
thelocal.de/20091114/23273
>Human bones found in California’s remote Death Valley probably belong to four German tourists who disappeared in scorching summer heat 13 years ago, US police announced on Friday.
>Hikers discovered the bones in a rugged area of the valley in the Mojave Desert, near California’s border with Nevada, according to a report in the Contra Costa Times.

>Near the bones, they also found identification belonging to one member of the group from Dresden.

It's worth noting that the Germans weren't even backpackers, they tried to drive across it in a car

Yeah backpacking through 500 miles of desert seems like the better choice

The people in the South were the nicest people I've met in the US. I'm foreign but more white than the general population.

>backpacking through Ohio
There's nothing here

Yes I do. There is a city in Brazil called "Governador Valadares". They are the city of origin of most brazilians illegals on the US.

There was a year on Valadares, people said there was a lack of men, because most men went to tyr their luck on US.

I absolutely hate migrants. The fuck ther own country and fuck the country they go to. I want to travel, but I'd never settle abroad.

They don't give a fuck as long as you move along.

Both of these routes kind of suck. US doesn't lend itself to long backpacking trips because towns are often more than 30 miles apart. Bicycle would be much better.

Southerners are friendly to everyone unless you are a childlike nigger.

We especially like white people though.

Na. Even in the most racist parts of the country, nobody will flat out attack you for being different. They might regard you with suspicion, or be more sensitive to perceived slights, but generally speaking as long as you leave people alone they will leave you alone. Just remember not to start any fights, people do carry guns and they will use them, especially in the south and southeast.

Note that this doesn't apply to niggers. Stay far away from niggers. I'm not kidding, if you see too many niggers around, don't stay in that area. Around blacks, never relax.

> Fearing about being shot for being mulatto

That's pretty reasonable, tho. Especially if they believe he's an immigrant and not just a tourist. Could be beaten on sight

Looks like you'll be traveling through spic central and niggerland. Luckily you'll probably be able to fit in with both if you keep your head down and don't speak

Columbus is pretty dope, and there is nothing in the Midwest in general.

There is literally nothing woth seeing between the Rockies and Appalachians. And you can die trying to hike the area between the Rockies and Sierra Nevada / Cascades.

Being white helps a lot but the best food in the south is definitely soul food

Cars?

Hush puppies, grits, sweet tea, fireworks, and sun dresses. Only reasons to drop south of the Mason Dixon.

>Brazil
>white

>Note that this doesn't apply to niggers. Stay far away from niggers. I'm not kidding, if you see too many niggers around, don't stay in that area. Around blacks, never relax.

this is the truth. Unless you accidentally stumble upon a hidden drug manufacturing operation in the woods, white people will not attack you for no reason. The KKK is not patrolling on horseback. But foreign tourists are often killed - very often - when they wander into nigger neighborhoods. Not even joking or hyperbole here. You can read about the cases in the news.

Ya, whenever I make a trip to Las Vegas, I always stop by my mechanic to do a check-up on my car to make sure it's up for the trip.

The deserts of the American west can and will kill you if you aren't prepared and familiar with arid survival. I think the deserts here are the most beautiful places on Earth but you damn well better know what your doing if you want to hike through them for an extended length of time.

>backpack traveling

Not advisable in America.

Lies. You can get killed for going into a inbred redneck town without being blood related to the local sheriff.

I'm pretty sure one would be fine if they stick to smaller mostly white settlements

I wouldn't even backpack around the block in an American big city though

If you come to vacation in California and stay along the coast or within 100 miles of it, you'll fit right in, lots of multiculturalism around the beaches and bigger cities

If you go to a small mountain town with 200 people, say near Yosemite, you'll feel out of place but still shouldn't experience too much direct public racism but are more likely to find it there

Once you enter into Arizona everyone starts driving big trucks and is more noticeably white, their attitude changes and it's because they've been raised under Arizona law, not California law - each state will bring a slightly different flavor but will probably share some geographical similarities (I.E. The South, Midwest, Pacific North-West etc..)

If you go to a smoke shop in California, chances are the person behind the counter won't have a gun strapped to his hip

If you go to a smoke shop in Arizona, someone behind the counter will probably have a gun strapped to their waist

Drive to a gas station in California and you'll have to pump your own gas

Drive into Oregon and once you step out of your car at the pump, someone runs up to you and asks what grade of fuel you need

Subtle changes

until a roaming band of alt right find the poor brown fucker and they lynch him

>>backpack traveling
>Not advisable in America

This cannot be emphasized too much. Especially any sort of cross country hike. About as interesting and dangerous as paddling a canoe across the Pacific.

>You can get killed for going into a inbred redneck town without being blood related to the local sheriff.

Produce one example of a non-violent person dying that way. It has probably happened on occasion, but nowadays that simply is not a problem.

One example from the last 30 years. I'll wait.

Don't people die in the Appalachian trail? Or at the very least get robbed? Kek

Google spanish people. That's what I look like.

I'm not the whitest man to walk this earth but, that should be enough not to be shot by a them johnny's, right?

spotted the dweeby cuckservative

even 80 year old men hike the AT

i dont know anyone who has been jumped in the USA that wasnt attending a (((Trump))) rally

>hike the AT

hiking the Appalachian Trail is hardly the same as OP's route.

When you are having discussions IRL do you use words like cuck and refer to Trump when it has no relevance? Do you live here on Sup Forums all the time?

>visiting US
>not going to Colorado, Utah, or the north pacific state

Wtf is wrong with you?

this is the only route for you

It's extremely unlikely you'll get shot. It's very likely that if you're wandering around some local cops are going to stop you and give you a ride to a bus station and tell you to stop being a fucking idiot.

Avoid Hillary's America.

Yes. Unlike most lame Europeans and Aussies, you are actually planning to go somewhere outside the east and west coasts. New Orleans, Asheville, and Charleston are great places to visit in the south.

jthat looks awful man

Trees and rocks don't vote ese

That America doesn't belong to her. No one wants to spend their whole trip stuck in redneckville and farmland.

Enjoy getting your fucking head chopped off by mexican gun runners.

Your route is complete pleb BTW. Much better hiking in the northern states.

Southern people are friendlier than northern people. Just stay away from the niggers. Seriously.

that's a great idea, go for it!

>#DoItForAleppo

Not that racist here. Check out Boston for racism.

>Enjoy getting your fucking head chopped off by mexican gun runners.

This thread.

That has never happened in the USA.

If you are into dirt / trail motorcycle riding, buy a small dual-sport and ride either the Trans-America Trail, or the Continental Divide Trail. Or maybe even Pacific Crest. Maps available online. And with transportation you are much less likely to be fucked with as a bum.

You can't really know if someone is racist in Boston since everyone is so furious at having to live in Boston that they'll say anything they can to make your day a little worse.