Why has it been so hard to improve the obesity problem? Do people like living this way? Things could change around...

Why has it been so hard to improve the obesity problem? Do people like living this way? Things could change around, what's holding it back?

Other urls found in this thread:

viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-1/
viriculture.com/book/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you do not know this child's eating habits

Sure does, I do too.

Child's diet: too much.

There are genetic factors. I eat 2000 cals a day but have still been gaining weight.

yup genetics.. i eat like at least 3000 cals a day and stay my same weight.

The problem, OP, is people like living a in a world of delusions

Read anything by Gary Taubes. His latest book just came out. TL;DR nutritionists blamed fat instead of carbohydrates for heart disease and obesity for decades. They got it backwards.

So eat 1500 calories...

If your pre-disposed to gaining weight then adjust your diet instead of eating the same shit as everyone else and crying when you become a fart tart

Fat fucks vastly underestimate how many calories they eat

You're a fat fuck because you eat too much

Genetics can't overcome physics. If you have bad genetics then you have to eat less than everyone else

You have to reach a caloric deficit. If you aren't burning over 2000 calories a day (if 2000 is what you put in) then you aren't going to lose weight you fucking idiot. Fat doesn't just generate out of thin air. Absolute denial and ignorance.

Honestly? i think all the processed food, combined with a more sedentary lifestyle.

Nobody goes to parks anymore. nobody plays outside anymore. nobody goes camping in a tent, theyd rather take an RV and still browse facebook or someshit.

Go to a grocery store and just look at what people buy. Most people seem to only drink soda pop, ive seen the same people come in every two or three days and buy multiple 24 packs of Pepsi and MD each time. Frozen lasagnas and pizzas. cheapest lunchmeat.

I dont think a paleo diet is more than just a fitness fad, but its heart is in the right place. if people simple WENT OUTSIDE more and ate food they made from scratch, things would already be improved.

I have fatty genes. If I eat the "normal" 3x per day, I will blow up like a fucking fat balloon. I don't want to be fat, but I also like the taste of good food, so I decided to eat only once per day. When I first made this decision years ago, I went from 240 to 145. Yesterday I used leftover Christmas Prime Rib for a breakfast burrito.

>if people simple WENT OUTSIDE more and ate food they made from scratch, things would already be improved.
this

You're 100% wrong. Once a person becomes fat, those fat cells sequester calories much like cancer cells sequester nutrients. In other words, a fat person eating a 2000 cal diet will actually be malnourished.

eat 10% less strictly and record results over the course of two weeks. Return with results and hard data you lazy fat fuck.

Never minding maintaining a helathy diet, most fatties can't even accurately document what they shovel into their feedholes and just assume they eat the FDA's recommended 2000 kilocalories for an average human adult male. GUESS WHAT, YA PROBABLY DON'T AND IT'S PROBABLY MUCH HIGHER

>measure actual cups of cereal
>measure the milk you add to the cereal
>measure the cheese you add to the greens
>measure the milk you add to mashed potatoes seperately from the mashed potatoes
>measuring the portion of butter you're adding to the bread you're toasting

I guarantee anyone crying about "muh genetics" doesn't have a fucking food diary they can snapshot and share.

viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-1/

viriculture.com/book/

Chapter 13 should explain.

Fatasses are already malnourished by the virtue of being fatasses. Protip: look up the definition of nourishment. It doesn't mean what you think you fat retard.

It's hard to even address this post without forseeing the typical fatty response to it.

Stop feeding your kids High Fructose Sugar Clumps™, no matter how much they cry for it.

In fact don't feed them anything with a cartoon character on the box.

Parents have become weak and feed their kids whatever they desire because they can't put up with disappointing their fat little angel

Oh yeah and fuck TV

DUDE FREE ENERGY LMAO

>Parents have become weak and feed their kids whatever they desire because they can't put up with disappointing their fat little angel
this, also apprentice parents are against making their kids do chores these days as well

Honestly american cereal is the least of our dietary problems. Most kids actually do pretty well with them and they aren't carb-heavy. You could always find a better breakfast, but I was a skinny kid enjoying a variety and I stay cut while still indulging.

I NEVER had Wheaties as a kid, but I really like the taste as an adult. Really surprised me

That's because "normal three meals" is over 2000 calories because american portions are HUEG. I started splitting every meal in half and saving some for later. It will still fill you up and you save money

Feels bad for obese kids because it's their parents fault they are this way.

It's probably super hard to get to a normal weight when your parents have been giving you terrible eating habits since birth.
Parents of obese children should be punished for abusing their children.

>I started splitting every meal in half
I think a lot of americans have a cultural repulsion to doing this when eating out. A lot of people feel the need to finish all the french fires they're given, and feel bad about having to take food home as if it's a sign you're poor or something. I notice skinny grandparents from overseas have no such hang-ups, probably from having to live thru actual hard times. It's something to look up to and admire & emulate

You won't lose weight at 2000. It's maintenance for a man with reasonable physical activities, not a fat neet.

Try 1000-12000 calory a day.

>Try a diet of 12000 calory a day to lose weight
>Literally explode

People have filled their free time with work and entertainment and don't cook for themselves. Or if they do cook, it's from a box. Why bother cooking a well-balanced meal when I could spend five minutes at a fast food place and use the rest of that time binge watching Netflix?

Looking at costs, it's like Adam Corolla said in an interview, someone works hard all day they aren't going to spend $5 on a salad when they can get beef and cheese in a taco for $1. That's why people with money are healthier than poor people.

Then you've got kids who learn everything from their parents. Their parents have become fat and lazy so the kids will, too. You see someone making excuses for themselves and being lazy your whole life and you pick up on how to do it very well yourself.

It still boils down to personal responsibility, but it's a shitshow getting there in a lot of cases.

i worked at a BBQ joint and you wouldnt belive how much food people threew away. order a whole rack of ribs and only eat three bones worth. two piece chicken and eat only one.

take the shit home, dont throw it away.

also, check out the sodium levels in most anything you buy. its insane.

Fun fact, Russia has a similar custom where it is considered rude not to finish a meal. They do have their portion of fat fucks but also people go outside and do shit. Anyway, this literally caused the sino Soviet split -- it's rude in Asia to finish your meal and Khrushchev kept fucking asking for seconds the fat fuck

this is a good point too. I work two jobs but i love to cook and still try to find the time to do so.

Meanwhile lines at fast food places, or just grabbing chicken patties, sunny buns and doritos from the store to go home and laugh at the funny FB maymays. wake up, eat a shitty fast food breakfast or hot pockets, repeat.

On the other side of the spectrum, I eat a lot but my fast metabolism doesn't let me gain weight no matter how much I eat.

Here's an idea: if your kid if overweight they aren't allowed in public schools any longer, meaning that they can be taken from you if they do not receive the proper education needed to pass state testing.

Problem solved, don't let your bad parenting make your kids into fat slobs unless you can afford it, current obesity rate culled after just one generation.

having your kids become obese should be considered child abuse, that would fix this problem.

if you are fat you are overeating.
Period.

Probably over-drinking shit like soda as well. I remember I was tubby as a kid because all I drank was soda, stopped that shit and dropped 50 pounds in 2 months.

as soon as i stopped drinking soda and eating super shitty white bread, I was able to lose a bunch of weight, it's crazy.

Kek

>be 18
>have fat friend who is dumb as a pile of rocks
>go to the pub with him
>get a pint
>he comes back with a pint of coke
>you not drinking today m8?
>no I have decided not to drink alcohol to help me lose weight
>proceeds to sit and drink three pints of Coke in the pub

Fat people, when will they learn?

2000 calories of what? Honestly curious now. 2000 cals of McDonald's vs lean chicken and broccoli is very different.

Nutrition wise they are different, but calories are calories regardless.

True but that's my point. 2000 cals means nothing if it's half mt dew and half taco bell.

you devore more than 2000 calories per day, but think its only 2000

No you're not getting it; if he is gaining weight by eating 2000 calories, it doesn't matter if he's eating 2000 of taco bell or chicken and broccoli (all other things being equal).

The problem is people under estimate calorie counts; especially when it comes to restaurant food. Whenever I'm at a fast food place they list the calorie counts; and every combo meal is easily 1200 calories. Most people think they are in the 500 range.

His problem is likely that he isn't burning enough calories even at the 2000 mark. I'm the same way. I thought if I stuck to the recommended 2000 I would lose weight. Well, if you sit all day shitposting and jerking off, 2000 is still too much food (for me) to lose weight.

>it's muh genetics that make me an obese lazy fat ass
Look OP, this is the new normal.
Having a healthy diet (that means no fastfood amerilards) and exercise (that means more than just the 5 steps from the fridge and back) will do wonders.

Because food is so damn tasty

Is genetic factors an American candy bar?

>it doesn't matter if he's eating 2000 of taco bell or chicken and broccoli
LOL WOW! Someone clearly doesn't understand how literally everything works.

Holy shit, guys, he's actually fucking retarded.

Dude, you should seriously just kys. You're a fat piece of shit and your lifestyle has clearly caused permanent damage to your brain.

Yes, you're right.

Please continue eating like a pig and remove yourself from the gene pool. Thanks.

Wrong. Fat stores energy. You can live off of the fat. You just need to eat a little bit and obviously drink water. Doctors and health news lie to you about "starvation mode" and shit. Claiming if you starve yourself you will gain weight. It is simply all bullshit. It's physics, you can't get more out than you put in. It's all a lie.

It is true though. If you are strictly speaking about weight and not about health in general. Calories in vs calories out. Thats all that matters when losing weight. Some dietician recently did a study on himself where he ate junk food exclusively (mostly doritos and oreos iirc) and he still lost weight. Obviously he would be healthier if he had ate the equivalent amount of calories in chicken and brocoli, but his weight would be the same.

Are you trying to argue there is more to being healthy than your weight? Or are you arguing that there is more to losing than weight than calories in vs out? One is a valid argument while the other is simply retarded.

>Things could change around, what's holding it back?
Lack of legislation, obviously.

The starvation mode meme is somewhat true but only if you had a shitty diet/lifestyle and then go back to the same shitty diet/lifestyle after losing weight via "starvation". Your body will try bounce back to what it perceives as normal. If you completely change your lifestyle and stick with it then it becomes the normal for your body. You can definitely do a hard cut "starvation mode" strategy that involves consuming as few calories as possible and slowly working your way back up. Doesn't work if you have been eating 2500+ calories per day for years, cut down to 1000 calories per day for one month, then go back to your original 2500+

Post your last 7 days meals and drinks.

Isn't there a limit to how much you can type per post?

Theres also the issue that your body will begin to break down muscle for energy use before it breaks down fat when you're on a very low calorie diet.

When I was a kid I played hockey and football, but I was always big. When I got to college I took to rugby but I also took to beer. I knew my weight was becoming a problem, but I didn't know how to fix it. Changing what I ate didn't seem to help, reducing calories didn't seem to do much. By the time I was out of graduate school I was 300 pounds of sedentary life style, joint problems, and chronic respiratory illness.

It wasn't until my father had his first heart attack that I turned it around. The key to actually losing large amounts of fat is sustained effort. A diet will yo-yo you, but two years of a small calorie restriction will steadily push your weight down. Shifting your intake to include less carbs, but more proteins and fats helps shift the scale. On top of that you need to work out, and not just some light endurance work and maybe a jog.

If you're seriously obese, you need all of those things to fix it because its not just that you're fat. Muscles have atrophied, your energy is low, your metabolism slows, your hormones are fucked up. Its taken my five years of steady work to get off and keep off close to 100 pounds of fat and put on close to 50 pounds of muscle.

this, i just kinda stopped eating the last few months and lost fucking 50 pounds, just like that

it really is that easy fatties

This dude is correct. I lost 20lbs just through dietary restriction and maintaining a sedentary lifestyle. Gained about 10lbs back when I started drinking again, and I'm going to try dropping the beer fat again.

1500 calories a day is seriously tiny and I'm always super hungry. Losing weight is hard, but its simply calories in, calories out.

I eat 5000 calories a day and burn off all of it. There's no reason to be fat if you like food. I love food and I'm /fit/ as fuck.

Real, drastic, long-lasting changes in body composition are more complicated than calories in, calories out. You need to increase your basal metabolic rate. That means regular, sustained, intense resistance training. It means doing things that make your body more likely to burn fat than muscle. It means making your body an environment where fat is not an efficient use of energy. As a male, that means a diet and lifestyle that provokes significant increases in both free and total testosterone.

No you don't

Truthfully I didn't read any of the "science" behind weight loss; its so hard to decipher between the bro-science and factual science. So I simply did the low calorie restriction of 1200-1500 cals per day, and it worked. Then I went back up to the 2000 range, only put on about 5lbs then plateaued. Then with holidays and stress, started drinking again, and stopped caring about what or how much I ate.

I didn't "gain it all back" but I'm not where I was when I plateaued. At this point, I know what works -for me- and don't really care what the science or broscience says, theres no way to measure my basal rate or testosterone levels, and I don't have the right attitude for regular exercise. So I'm just going to do what I did before.

kek

Big Agri and the FDA

Our food is garbage

Theres a very good way to estimate your basal rate (google it, its a pretty simple equation) and test levels are a doctor's visit away.

You're approaching your weight loss with exactly the same attitude that got you fat: its hard and complicated so fuck it, I'll just guess and hope it all works out.

I hope it works out for you.

Because people think fat shaming is a thing.

I don't want them to fix it. I want stupid people to die.

I'm surprised that you aren't losing weight with amount of shit coming out of your mouth.

>what's holding it back?

Body "positivity."

This. Can't fucking wait until people like tess holiday and her fat fucking kids fucking bite the dust.

The remedy to this is stabilizing the body through vigorous excercise. There's no excuse.

In germany being obese is called fat addiction (Fettsucht).

Obviously its not an addiction to fat itself, but Id still call it an addiction and treat it like some.
I wouldnt be surprised if withdrawal from certain foods felt similar to what some drug addicts go through (maybe not heroin junkies, but still).

One of my favorite rappers Phife Dawg from Tribe Called Quest died not too long ago from the diabeetus.
In an interview before his death he said "It's really a sickness," and "Like straight-up drugs. I'm just addicted to sugar."

People have a life threatening disease and are well aware of it, but they still cant let go off the shit food. They hate it and they still do it.
He's just one example but its really fucking common.

Its a proper addiction and should get treated like that. Humans are creatures of habit and habits dont change quickly. Its extra bad for kids who grew up fat because of ignorant parenting.
I bet that some actual treatment from psychologists would end up being cheaper than draining healthcare with diabetes treatment and medicine until the end of their miserable lifes.

Holy shit logic