A professor wants to teach ‘The Problems of Whiteness.’

>Every Wednesday next semester, the students in Damon Sajnani’s class will meet to discuss, in depth, the problems caused by white people.

>But the title of the course — “The Problem of Whiteness” — and its description has the University of Wisconsin at Madison mired in controversy before students have cracked open a book or peeked at a syllabus.

>“Have you ever wondered what it really means to be white? If you’re like most people, the answer is probably ‘no.’ But here is your chance!” the description reads.

>“Critical Whiteness Studies aims to understand how whiteness is socially constructed and experienced in order to help dismantle white supremacy.”

>The course explores “how race is experienced by white people.” But it also looks at how white people “consciously and unconsciously perpetuate institutional racism.”

>The class has injected the university into a decades-old debate about whether taxpayer-funded educational institutions have an obligation to tackle the important issues of the day — or to stay out of them altogether.

>The class is taught in the African Studies Department of a university where 2 percent of the student population identifies as black and more than 75 percent are white.

>The most vocal opponent of the course is David Murphy, a Wisconsin state assemblyman who expressed outrage last week that taxpayers “are expected to pay for this garbage.”

archive.is/cfSwi

I'd take the class just to drop truth bombs

>Murphy takes issue not just with the class, but with Sajnani’s vocal public opinions. “Even more troubling, the course is taught by a self-described ‘international radical’ professor whose views are a slap in the face to the taxpayers.”

>Murphy included copies of some of Sajnani’s tweets in his news release.

>One tweet is a picture of a CNN breaking news report about police officers being shot in Dallas. “Is the uprising finally starting?” Sajnani said. “Is this style of protest gonna go viral?”

>Another, from a few weeks later, is in response to former U.S. attorney general Eric Holder: “No @EricHolder it is not true that an attack on a police officer anywhere is an attack on all of us, since they DO NOT equally protect us all.”

>Sajnani didn’t immediately return messages seeking comment Tuesday. He is a PhD candidate in Northwestern University’s African American studies Department, according to Northwestern. He has published papers on Rachel Dolezal, a former president of the NAACP chapter in Spokane, Wash., who was outed as not being black. He also has written about East African hip-hop and Canadian abolition.

>In a statement, the university defended the course and stressed that it was elective, not required, and that it was “not designed to offend individuals or single out an ethnic group.”

>“We believe this course, which is one of thousands offered at our university, will benefit students who are interested in developing a deeper understanding of race issues,” the university’s statement said. “The course is a challenge and response to racism of all kinds.”

What a load of bullshit.

It's elective, so that makes it okay to be racist towards whites?

Seriously, how do these people breathe? If there was a white supremacy ongoing, how the fuck would it allow a class like this to exist?

Do you honestly think that the people taking this class are actually open minded to being debated and presented actual, valid arguments?

I bet if you used hard cold facts you'd get run out of the classroom by some hunched over decrepit professor. It's not worth it in the long run. Oh god, it's some retard wanna be hip hop artist. Look at the faggots bio.

>Damon Sajnani aka“ProfessorD.us” (pronounced Professor D dot U.S.) is an accomplished HipHop artist and a Ph.D candidate in African American Studies at Northwestern University. As leader of The Dope Poet Society, one of Canada’s top selling independent HipHop acts, he has toured worldwide and released four critically acclaimed CDs, including his latest, “THIRD WORLD WARriors.” His writing and research concerns race, neo/colonialism, geopolitics, and popular culture. He is the winner of the Inaugural Nasir Jones HipHop Fellowship at the DuBois Institute at Harvard where he will be completing his dissertation on the politics of HipHop in Senegal.

>burgers pay for their children to be thought to hate their race and country
>burger taxes also pay billions upon billions to every islamic shithole that wants them dead
>burgers went to war against the Serbs, to protect kebab lives, and created two islamic/wahabi countries in europe
AMERICA YES, EVEN KRAUTS ARE NO MATCH FOR YOU IN KEKOLDRY

Can't corner the Dorner

The only thing that has kept me from going Alex Jones in some of my courses that had debates was the fact that the (((professor))) is in sole control of your grades and they have been known to be harsh on students they don't agree with.

>Lolcuckbertarians will defend this because ''muh freedom''.

Leave this board you fucking cucks.

Sup Forums is an Islamic Nationalist board.

There's a college teaching a cinema class based on BLACKED.

... is it funded by taxpayer money?

>not designed to single out an ethnic group

O I'm laffin

That's what pisses me off the most, public funds are thrown away for this garbage to exist.

PHD in African American Studies?
Wow he must be really smart! His class would really give an insight into how the inventions of the black man were stolen and lied about by the racist white devils, and how we can all be less racists like our black brothers.
Shame on that rachel as well, thot cracka ho be trippin'

burgers confirmed as ultimate cuck champions

>He is the winner of the Inaugural Nasir Jones HipHop Fellowship at the DuBois Institute at Harvard where he will be completing his dissertation on the politics of HipHop in Senegal.
Is this actually real? My fucking sides are in orbit

Meanwhile; still employed.

>tfw engineering
>school only gives a shit about your major GPA
>just have to pass other bullshit classes to be "well rounded"
Ethics was great.

>Gov. Scott Walker (R) told the Wisconsin State Journal that he didn’t agree with Murphy’s call to withhold funding from the university if it doesn’t drop the class.

I remember when Sup Forums was cheering for this cuck

The universities should be purged with fire and blood.

I've been there 20yrs ago, I had to deal with the most unreasonable professors in a NYC Univeristy. Every paper after a while was carefully crafted to give opposing views and facts. Didn't help I took african studies/sociology/history courses just to stir up shit.
MFW one afro-american female professor in an african sociology course actually agreed with my findings that colonialism wasn't so bad in Sub Saharan Africa and dropped massive truth bombs left and right.

Who is he?

I mean, why was Sup Forums cheering for him at all?

Good
Its like everyone forgets what happens when you piss off the white race.

All the left is doing is creating a very pissed off portion of the population.
Just like the situation that lead up to WW2, you push enough and they'll push back.

SO SUBVERSIVE

Is he a Jew?

Wish people like him would simply fuck off out of all white nations, no matter the percentage of whites there today, if that nation was created by Europeans, as the USA was, these subversive parasites should leave.

According to Alex Jones he is.

what we need is a professor at this same university to teach a "problems of blackness" course, that way when the left goes after him they can just use the same arguments against them, that it is free speech and what not.

He calls the alt-right nazis but communism and alt-left are so different. The guy is a moron and will never contribute anything but obstacles to human society.

his last name is cuccerillio-maher (spelling?) , so you tell me.