Is it time to look for new elite schools considering these ones are leading the liberal charge?

Is it time to look for new elite schools considering these ones are leading the liberal charge?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Ivy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're stupid.
The only liberals in these schools are undecided and art majors, who got in with affirmative action.

I go to Stanford we're pretty much conservative mostly, not on terms of alt-right NEETs, but generally more on the conservative side when it comes to fiscal and economical policies.

>I go to Stanford
Anecdotal evidence?

I'm not saying art majors are bad, some technical ones such as production design and any design related field have some well paying jobs, but most people who tend to swing to the far-left or far-right (alt-right), are unsatisfied with life due to their living conditions because they are poor, get paid with minimum wage, or have no friends.

MIT fag here (whether or not you believe me), our new president (((Reif))) introduced and was coincident to a lot of the diversity bullshit that started cropping up on campus.

I'd say about half of campus is clean cut nerds mostly at political center (quite a few shy Trump supporters too) and the other half are dyed -hair liberal retards into sex positivity clubs and privilege seminars. About half of that crowd usual scrubbed out of their intended "hardcore" major into something easy.

That being said MIT gives need based need blind aid. I got a full ride cuz I was poor as fuck as a kid. Also their research budget is insane and the lab space is genuinely valuable. They also have a office of minority education I got tons of free food and free funding from by virtue of being half spic and that was cool too.

MIT is the only one on that list worth attending, and even then that's for research only.
I had an easy ticket into Harvard, grandfather is an alumni, but it isn't worth going.

>in terms of fiscal and economic policies
So, you're missing the most important part of conservatism? Okay.

Yeah their undergrad research program is nuts, I was working for pay in a lab for three years and got a paper out of it even.

That being said I was there the night of the election in my old form visiting my gf and the next day after Trump one the "heads of house" (changed from the triggering "housemasters") held an emergency study break to "comfort people" and sang We Shall Overcome

Fuckimg cucks.

>I'm assmad I couldn't get in even though I'm legacy

Fucking hell I hate typing on mobile

I met this SJW bitch that went to Yale. Fucked her too. She was probably one of the stupidest people I've ever met. Anyone I've ever known that has gone to one of those places has been a retard.

I chose to stay local and then transfer to a tech school. I seriously considered Harvard but I couldn't find any good reason to go, spend all that money, and deal with SJW shit.

Go to Washington and Lee, I go to an """elite""" SJW University in New England and really wish I applied there now

For undergrad, the Public Ivies are better in literally every possible way.

You should only go to those private higher ed institutions as a graduate. MIT is probably the exception because of its specialization but, even then, I'd still probably argue they'd be better off and a more well rounded person going to a public ivy for undergrad.

To graduate you need to take at least one humanities-based class a semester and do four semesters of P.E., not to mention the insane amount of funding for hundreds of clubs.

It's not hard to be well rounded there, a lot of us were just spergs

Reality has a liberal bias.

>It's not hard to be well rounded there, a lot of us were just spergs
Yes. It is. For that very reason. Go to a public ivy and you're not surrounded by spergs 24/7.

>No Caltech

Your list is shit.

Slogans are fun.

Conservatives go into business and make money while liberals go into education. It's the same at the University level.

How about pic related?

If you want to fit some arbitrary definition of "well rounded" sure, but I think the research opportunities, the programs, student clubs and world-class conferences and competitions are worth missing out on DUDE COLLEGE LMAO

No This list is fine as is :^)

Umich law student here. This is the most liberal SJW place I've ever experienced in my life.

>Duke
>Brown
>Dartmouth
>Cornell

>elite

clearly, you have no idea

>If you want to fit some arbitrary definition of "well rounded" sure, but I think the research opportunities, the programs, student clubs and world-class conferences and competitions are worth missing out on DUDE COLLEGE LMAO

Are those research opportunities, the programs, the clubs, and world-class conferences and competitions unavailable to grads?

Shoulda gone to State.

>these places charge top dollar
>people need to graduate for their stats
>if nobody is graduating with a degree...well that's the entire point of going there
>they will start getting fucked money and quality of student wise if their degrees become shit and their graduates are retards and graduation rates fall
>again, the point is to put first rate graduates into their fields and have them do very well
>liberal retards aren't doing these schools any good from an academic standpoint and they aren't becoming billionaires and millionaires and famous alumni

The liberal cry babies aren't from a pure numbers standpoint going to make these schools look good on paper. The 40-60 year old rich parents won't fully accept a lot of the liberal mental gymnastics. They are the ones paying tens of thousands of dollars for their kids to go to these prestigious schools. The "classic" prestige badges these schools carry won't be there if one of the schools biggest draw is a liberal safe zone cry space building just built on campus.

It's no different then the University of Alabama having a world class weight room for their football recruits. That's the draw to play for Alabama, NFL exposure, world class facilities, first class coaching, playing for national titles and other sports shit. It's the same shit with MIT, Stanford...their main draw isn't a safe space, it's their academic equivalent of Alabama's weight room. Well....Liberals aren't contributing to stuff like that. They're sitting around getting their degree in African American studies...what part of that section of these schools is bringing in the big bucks?

MIT's engineering > MIT's liberal arts
Alabama's football program > Alabama's water polo team

Do you see what I am getting at? These schools butter their bread with their more...sound minded faculties and programs, not their ever changing feelings matter flavor of the week liberal bullshit degrees that don't result in careers

I also happen to be going to a public ivy for grad school, and the two really can't compare in terms of offerings, my current school has many fewer

Don't let it fool you just because it's in Texas, Rice is aggressively Liberal and filled with asians.

>Rice
>filled with asians

Really made me think.

Well it's the only part anyone smart enough to get into college would agree with

Most of them, but you still have a foot in the door with the right connections and can still have opportunities available only to alums, some funding or competition invitations

>I went to community college but before I tore my ACL I was Harvard starting sumo cum lawwwdy

Not everyone goes to grad school dumbass

I'd bet my ass your still in high school or an undergraduate with buyer's remorse

I bet you went to one of the retarded Ivies like Cornell.

UCLA chem undergrad here. It's pretty based but Stanford/MIT/Caltech are WAAAAAYY better. Don't fall for the public school meme.

So, I'm right

I go to Northwestern

>Not everyone goes to grad school dumbass
What does that have to do with anything I said?
>I go to Northwestern
Haha, that explains everything.

It's lib as fuck but still a vastly better school than any of your public "ivies"

>What does that have to do with anything I said?
>Are those research opportunities, the programs, the clubs, and world-class conferences and competitions unavailable to grads?
Rofl, nice college education

*besides Berkeley

>It's lib as fuck but still a vastly better school than any of your public "ivies"
Honest to God (and I mean this seriously so please take it to heart), you're fuck all retarded if you think going to Northwestern for undergrad is, in any way, shape, or form, "better" than going to a public ivy. Take a moment tonight. Look in the mirror and tell yourself over and over again. "I am a retard." Do it at least 3 times.

As for the rest of it, I was clearly being sarcastic. Then again, you're the retard who thinks going to Northwestern is worth jack shit better than going to a public ivy. I mean, good God, you're embarrassing yourself.

>falling for the Berkeley meme
LOL Berkeley undergrad is shit

I go to one of the "better" public ivies and Northwestern is quite simply a better school. Did you get rejected from all your elite schools and are now butthurt about it?

theres no such thing as public ivy

It's just a thing kids from UCs use to feel better about the fact that they got rejected from Harvard

marquette university

Thats still retarded. Why the fuck would you call it an ivy if its not. Even if the school being discussed is on par with an ivy, it's still incorrect to refer to it as such. Even leaftard gets it

Johns Hopkins University

It is an actual 'thing', embarrassingly enough. And none of these schools are on par with Ivies unless Penn, Brown, and Cornell are shittier than I thought.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Ivy

Why does everyone shit on >nigger university? it's just below Princeton, Yale, and 'vard, in terms of selectiveness and research opportunity but much better than the other Ivies

You mean Brown? All I know about it is that it's a fairly easy uni with a lot of grade inflation and a liberal infestation on par with UC Berkeley.

UChicago is very very based

Note I wasnt agreeing with the premise they were on par with ivy's but just pointing out that even if you ignore that its still retarded.

And why is this a a thing. I get the concept but ivy refers to a specific collection of colleges, and calling something a public ivy is still incorrect and stupid.
In the context of the post which started this just replace public ivy, with high level public university or some shit like that. The term is just nonsensical

I don't disagree with you, it is retarded. But there are a lot of people who take pride in saying >hurr duur public IVY im so smart and elite hurf

Sup Forums university

holy shit this is sad

just look at, you know, any fucking ranking anyone's ever made

what "publick ivey" do you go to? Texas? Simply hilarious. Enjoy your community college education and GED salary

Uchicago are lads and smart af, they don't go that hard but are chill at socials