Why do millennials hate cars?

why do millennials hate cars?

Cars cost money and then require maintenance.

That's too much work for lazy millennials.

That is some hardcore cuckdom right there

Because their leftist overlords told them cars were bad and public transit and bikes are good.

Because public transportation in my area is based.

Why spend money on cars and maintenance when better opportunities present themselves?

Feeds the jew and the saudi, it also makes you fat and lazy

Death traps

ITT: what kids who had pickup truck dad's actually believe. Enjoy your scratches and dents and smashed windows everytime someone with a pair of nuts sees your vehicle, oil slave...

they're so spoiled they don't even end up getting driver's licenses.

Because cars require effort and don't constantly tell the driver they are special and deserve an award just for being there.

t. I can't change my own oil

Cars are fine. It's other drivers that are terrifying.

>busfags

That isn't even a fucking thing you dip.

damn that is some excellent undercover safety squading. holy shit, and the left thought we were all easy to pick out fat virgin neckbeards.

most excellent sicherheitcommando

tfw everyone ITT missed that shit sitting right in front of your face. I mean they sat it up and pointed it at the camera.

I hate cars. I guess I have add or something because I have a fear of driving. I prefer good city transit bikes etc. call me a faggot whatever.

I don't know about the US, but in the Ontario Govt. in Canada runs an insurance racket, where insurance is mandatory under the law, yet the companies will charge $350-500/monthly for liability only.

Keeps the majority of the under 25 crowd here away from them.

That and general apathy/laziness.

1. Millennials are too poor to afford a car
2. Millennials are too poor to live outside of downtown, so they live in almost-ghettos where public transportation is available
3. They're convinced this is a great thing because muh global warminz

Every friend I've had who didn't own a car ended up trying to snooker me into being their personal chauffeur. I'm not a pushover so obviously it didn't work, but I had other friends in the same circle who would basically become the whip bitch and have to drive the car-less friend around, while bitching to me about how they're being "used."

Also, all the friends I have who don't have cars - they end up having their Mom take them somewhere to go shopping at least once a month, since the barren wasteland of a city provides little to know diversity in food/goods.

My Mom forced me to get my license as soon as I was legally able to. I had to beg NOT to get my license until 17 just because I wanted to make sure I got straight A's in all my classes and didn't want driving classes to take away from study time.

As a millennial, I can confirm
I'd rather spend that same amount of money on guitars and vidya

City dwelling millennials do. All the goys I know have cars and trucks of their own.

Why would I spent tens of thousands of dollars on a monthly car payment and even more every week on the petroleum jew when I can just live in the city, ride and bike everywhere I need to go, and be in better shape for it?
I save money and get good exercise, wow, I'm so lazy. Meanwhile you "hard working" red pillers can go for weeks at a time without ever actually moving your body or breathing fresh air.

Because I hate driving

I'm pretty sure that you need a car in the US to get anything done, but in most big European cities you can get around just fine without a car.

In some cases like London, I wouldn't drive even if I got a car for free, fuck that.

>implying

I own 3 cars and perform all the maintenance myself outside transmission work.

That picture is what spawns the death squads.

Some people claim I'm a millennial for being born in the 80s. I'm 30 and own a pickup, rx-8, and a bike. I'm not wealthy by any means. I just always had to fix my own shit and bought tools as I needed them. I work a fucking desk job and never thought it was wise to spend $700+ on shit like changing leads, plugs, and ignition coils when the parts are around $120 tops. I've got 4 junkyards that call me whenever decent tires (rubber tits still on em) in my sizes roll through their yards. They know I'll buy em and tell em not call me if I don't. I just changed all four tires on the RX-8 for under $300 and they've got maybe 200 miles on them tops. I've swapped four engines, one transmission, and done all basic maintenance myself from brakes to oil, etc. The fact I have more than one vehicle gives me the time and freedom to do this. It's nothing but sheer laziness. I started out with a shit car and repaired it. When it needed a new engine I bought a shit car on craigslist for $400 and drove that while I fixed the other. I literally repaired my way up over the years. A man doesn't have to be one thing or another. Buy tools and repair shit yourself. You never know when you'll be down on your luck and they'll save your ass. Long story short, don't be lazy, save money, make the effort to get great prices, and just learn to fix your own shit.

>10s of thousands a month

Are you a retarded Nigger?
I drive a 16 model sports car and it's still $630/mo + $130 insurance. Maybe $60/mo in premium gas.

Motorbikes get you more pussy for your money

The whole "you need a car in the US" meme just comes from baby boomer suburbanites who want to larp as homesteaders by living 40 miles outside of the city on a quarter acre patch of land.
They're literally this stupid and then waste 2 hours every day driving to and from work.

>cars cost too much money for being built in china
>mechanics charge insane rates for doing something any idiot can do if they had the time and tools
>mechanics also charge for the tools on top of the time
The whole thing is a scam.
It wasn't at one point but as with everything in this world, it gets filled with leaches that suck every cent they can.
And now with most of the computer controlled cars it matters not how much maintenance you do and how well you treat your car they will still break down because it relies on a board made in china or where ever the fuck and those are even more overpriced and I am not (((allowed))) to own the equipment to fix it.
So fuck you, and fuck you simple mind with it's simple conclusions.

I own two cars and a motorcycle. However I fucking hate traffic and won't drive during rush hours unless I absolutely have to. Traffic is a fucking disgrace and a blight to society. We must find better methods to circumvent this travesty of travel as a standard.

>FLYING FUCKING CARS NOW!

Drinking and driving laws have gotten tighter. Thats probably mostly it

>he quotes me and then literally alters the quote

I didn't say "10s of thousands a month" I said "tens of thousands of dollars on a monthly car payment" which you will certainly spend when it's all said and done, just in time to start another one.

Cause they have no jobs, and are broke.

Well fugg I read it wrong then, guess I'm the retarded Nigger.

Either way, I like having my car. When it's paid off I'm keeping it anyway, as I also have an old 96 truck as a beater.

i'm 27 and have driven for a total of 15 months in my life
didn't learn till i was 17, drove until i was 18, then sold my car in college, came back from college, and became a shutin
don't think i can ever learn to drive again if if i wanted to, causes me too much anxiety, can't deal with the fact that i can cause thousands of dollars in damage in a fraction of a second
F

>Pay insurance
>Pay for tickets
>Have a high potential of dying if you're not in the right state of mind or if any of the thousands of other people around you are not in the right state of mind
>Gas money
>Cleaning money
>Unless you own a garage you have to constantly change parking

I have no idea why there is an incentive to get a car

Millennials don't have money to upkeep a car, thanks to how the boomers and right wingers fucked up the economy

>I buy new cars
Holy shit people are right, Sup Forums browsers are not very smart.
Another part is cost to live closer to work.
They work jobs that they can't afford to live within 40 miles of and think that is fine and normal.

I am on on board with that, motorcycles are better choice of transportation than cars. You get more mileage out of bikes, they are easier to fix, you are cucked less to jews and sauds, and they look better.

If you live anywhere outside a large city it is an absolute necessity.

Niggers. You'll network and spend time with a better class of people in your free time once you get out of the city. Leads to more opportunity. Maybe then you can afford to move back to a nice part of the city AND own a car b/c why the fuck not? Keep hanging around public transportation niggers b/c it's easy and you'll become one of the lazy fuckers. Man was born to either reach his potential or wither and die. Will you be someone always dependent on social services like public transportation or will you be an independent human being? Sounds like you're already a nigger in all honesty.

Don't cry because you can't afford a new car.

In Mexico City you're fucked if you don't have a car.

Why the fuck would you have to pay for tickets? I haven't had one in a decade and live in a city with three vehicles. Are you fucking Helen Keller?

I live in >London and i 0 motivation to drive/own a car
>Enjoy taking my time on public transport, can read/listen to music
>Walk most places anyway
>Insurance can fuck right off with prices
>Driving lessons are expensive
The only plus side would be learning to pick apart a car and put it together

Might get a moped in 2017 desu

and you are at the mercy of fucktard car drivers who will reduce you to smitherins if the make a small mistake

I have a 125 on a CBT licence and the insurance is £25/mo and petrol is a tenner for about 260 miles.

Totally worth it, cheaper than public transport for me.

do you know who really liked to ride in cars, shitlord?

Hint: he killed 8 million Jews

A life time of green eco indoctrination coupled with urban living with an added layer of "too broke to rent a room; you want me to have a car payment too?"

So you're either a shitskin or enjoy living among them. I'm sure city life will only improve in the next 20 years...

>talks the salesman down a couple hundred, maybe 1k.
>thinks he's getting a good deal
>ends up paying 175-200% the cost of the car after counting interest and fees
hahahahaaha you are a fucking idiot.

>8 years of a D
>still fucked up
makes me think user

My car insurance in 2017 is going up from £50/month to £100/month.

I asked my insurance company why and they said it's due to there being too many claims for 'whiplash' and other bullshit injuries. I shopped around and £100/month is as good as it gets.

That's over £1000/year, JUST for insurance - unless I pay £500-£800 in one lump sum for a slightly cheaper total overall.

When I consider petrol/parking costs, I'm honestly thinking about selling my fucking car and using the train/bicycle instead.

They don't hate them, they just don't have money for them.

Millennials don't hate cars.
Milllenials hate looking for parking.

I live in walking distance of work. When I was a student I lived in walking distance of University. When I was a child I lived in walking distance of school. Tell me why I need to throw away thousands a year just in road tax and insurance?

Niggers aren't much of a problem if you live in a midsize city in a white state.
If you fall for the fucking Jew York meme or live in a complete shithole like Atlanta then yeah you'll have more of a problem.

And please spare me the memeing about suburbia, I grew up there, you aren't fooling anyone. Your "better class of people" means sitting around the TV laughing at commercials and getting excited about the bi-weekly trip to Walmart.

>he thinks I ride public transportation
>not embracing the Nietzschen struggle of riding my bike for miles every day uphill in the diverse elements

Get on my level

They're too scared to learn to drive so they come up with excuses. Same reason they live at home, don't have jobs, and are easily indoctrinated. They live in balls of bubble wrap terrified of working towards something or facing their weaknesses.

why do you pay monthly or have you just divided it up?

The majority of people pay tickets user

ahahahaha, yes I am in tears.
I really do wish I was stupid enough to do stupid shit such as paying 500+% the actual value of something.

That's pretty sweet user, can you link me the bike so i have a starting point?

Neither, i just like London - it's just so busy and has so much stuff to do
>Amerigoy being brainwashed into owning a car AND having shit infrastructure

1) its a huge, unnecessary expense.
2) you don't need one if you live in an urban centre (and the suburbs fucking suck)

I have one, but use it maybe once a week. I could get rid of it and get along just fine.

Wrong, driving is a privilege and not a right here in the US. Great way to take cars off the road is to tell any fucker over 220 lbs to walk/jog/bicycle to work and lose weight. Those who do lose weight can ride a motorcycle to work. Those who are married with children can get a small car. If you own a business and are not fat, you can get a car/truck suited to your needs.

You mean that right-winger Bill Clinton and his right-wing policies to get more poor minorities home loans?

I love my car. I'd buy a bike and ride that around when it's sunny but I'm pretty sure I'd die on it because I've got the need.

Because car driving and ownership is heavily taxed in my country

>Gas, Insurance, Taxes, Parking, Security, Repairs, VTV, etc.

I can literally travel by bus for a year to my uni and back for the price of 1 (one) full gas tank. And it's not like I actually save much time as I would commute the same road the bus goes. I can relax, instead of having to be wary of some stupid driver cutting into me.

2015 plate honda cbf125.

Anything Japanese made is good and reliable, also ask on the /dbt/ threads at /o/ for more advice.

Living in Houston. I can safely say that driving is aggravating and stressful. There is traffic everywhere and drivers are crazy. Not too mention cars are really expensive compared to 30 years ago.

I work at a car dealership fuck face. Also new cars have a set price on the sticker. Are you really that dumb that you think dealerships mark up 175-200% Jesus fucking christ

>buying a new car
top kek
my car is 20 years old, cost me $3000 and just werks
you're literally paying the same if you traded a car payment for 3x the rent cost

Thank you my man, have a great 2017

It's called disposable income. It lets you do what you like and have a safety net. I always buy lightly used for far less personally.

500%? Fucking retard. Dealerships mark up about 4k on used vehicles, I work in one, I would know.

What the fuck are you talking about? What does that have to do with what I said? Why are you fucking trying to anger me?

cars are big, expensive, easy to steal, easy to break, scratch, and even more expensive to fix

taxis, buses and the subway are more than enough for me... for now.

the only reason I'd buy a car is to avoid niggers and dirt so my nice suits aren't ruined and sweaty by the time I get to work

The only millenials who hate cars are ones who live in very dense coastal cities with lots of public transportation options. And it sucks to own a car in places like that, so this is perhaps the one thing millenials dislike that they actually have a decent reason for.

o.O

You clearly did suburbia wrong. I live 15 minutes outside downtown by interstate. I only eat healthy foods b/c I have my choice of 9 grocery stores 5 minutes away or less. My neighborhood is 90% white and gated b/c I took my education seriously.

Why should I buy a car?
I've got a ticket with which I can use all public transport in all my country. I'd rather get a weapon license.

>500%
do you realize that makes a $30,000 car a $600,000 car?
don't be needlessly hyperbolic

ITT: Butt hurt poor fags who make shit up about the costs of buying a car to feel better about being too poor to buy one.

ye right
who needs a car if you can ride dick 24/7 posting anime? :^)

My insurance costs about $500 a year.

I don't, I've driven a hummer since I was 15 1/2, I DO hate those degenerates in the picture, especially the bipedal monkey on the left.

lmfao this guy with numbers

What a beta faggot.

Who needs a car if you can ride Mohammad's dick 24/7?
Right Hans?

Post your aut/o/s

Idk about you guys but I love my cheap Japanese shitbox

>Burning money to spite savers
Who said anything about being poor? Cars eat money, people are saving their money and are finding a better way to do it. You can spend your money the way you want, we are just telling you that it is better to save it.

europeans don't need cars
you all have incredibly dense cities

i could wake up one day and decide to get my life together
but you'll never wake up white

it's a pile of shit but it's my pile of shit

Anecdotal evidence

They can't afford them.

Because getting a license will cost like 2000-3000$ here.

Then there is buying a fucking car, gas, insurance, parking spot, registration Costa, co2 taxes etc.

No thank you, most people here only get the license if they wanna get some driver work.