So if I am understanding the platform correctly, Republicans want to repeal and replace Obamacare...

So if I am understanding the platform correctly, Republicans want to repeal and replace Obamacare. What exactly will it be replaced by?

Pic Unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ
publicintegrity.org/2015/01/26/16658/health-insurers-watch-profits-soar-they-dump-small-business-customers
money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trumpcare, stupid.

Why does it need to be replaced?

Which involves what?

>Florida Man

I wish I could get a silhouette tattoo'd of my state, but it would just be a square.

They want to repeal Obamacare and send all the money straight to Israel instead. It will be much more efficient.

Trust me.

We go back to how it was before
When premiums were stilling rising

WOAH DUDE

the free market

So that rural whites can get their socialized medicine from sugar daddy trump instead of big bad HUSSAIN obama.

Remember the 2012 election primaries when all republican candidates made negative campaign ads against Mitt Romney for creating the template for Obamacare in Massachusetts?

Those were fun times.

Republicans have not provided any details because they like to complain without offering any solutions.

How about lower the cost of health care and get rid of middle man health insurance all together?

No, I say you guys increase costs even more and allow insurance companies to have private armies and have proper wars against each others. These wars stimulate science progress, weed out the marginal layer of society and create an entirely new entertainment industry.
Everyone wins.

Ideally, nothing

No amount of insurance reform will help until the actual cost of medical care goes down.

No change is better than bad change.

Replace it with leaving me the fuck alone and paying for your own health care.

they've had like fucking 7 years to come up with a replacement and they still haven't.

Republicans are shit at actually governing. They're just good at bitching aboot everything when they're not in charge.

That's why everything collapses when they're actually in charge

The change wasn't all bad.

Republicans have said they want to keep the more popular parts like coverage for pre-existing conditions. For the insurance companies to pay for that, they need more revenue. That was done in Obamacare by forcing everyone to have insurance or pay a tax.

How do Republicans plan to get that extra money to the insurance companies without mandating health insurance and keeping premiums down?

This!

Fuck paying for someone's shit demon to go to the ER for the fucking sniffles just so they can get note to get out of school for the day and sit around smoking weed with mommy.

Get rid of the shit.

what about your state flag?

insurance companies don't make most of their money from premiums. They make money form investments. Also, if you want the insurance pay the higher premium. If you don't want it, you shouldn't be forced to buy it.

The problem was the insurance companies themselves back in the 2000's. Cuckservatives let them do whatever they wanted and so they decided to take customer money without paying out. Then there was the malpractice shit used to even out the odds. You had thieves stealing from thieves. Now the insurance companies are doing the same shit again by taking as much money as possible by using huge rate hikes.

But user, Obamacare is not a single payer system.

You would not pay for them to go to the ER. Obamacare was about forcing people to buy their own insurance either through their employer or exchanges. If they didn't do that, they were taxed.

You never payed for someone else to go to the ER in Obamacare any more than you did in the previous system.

Universal healthcare

A health insurance market.

>What exactly will it be replaced by?
Slither away and die screaming

Remove the bureaucracy of Medicare and Medicade and let the states handle it.

States will just not pay for anything...

Something that isn't a new tax law on the people who can't afford it.

> We will make healthcare affordable. And if not, then you will just have to pay a tax.
> By the way you premiums will double and the tax will triple. Enjoy.

Medicare, medicaid etc.

There already is a socialized medicine for poor people (both white and black), no need for trumpcare.

The cost of health care raised across the board to foot the bill due to companies not being able to deny high risk and pre existing condition patients.

>remove medicare
not going to happen
Medicare is sacrosanct, no party can touch it.
The conservative Boomers will go all the way to marx if you take away their gibs.

This doesn't explain how Conservatives will keep the pre-existing condition coverage in Obamacare.

The more people opt out of healthcare, the more expensive it gets. Eventually, the whole thing will unravel.

Don't give a shit because I have Medicare. How? Parents are on Social Security

>HUSSAIN
I remember when the Republicans, long before they were in love with the Kremlin like they are today, used to worship Saddam Hussein. Reagan and Bush Sr sold Iraq weaponized biological agents, chemical weapons precursors, black helicopters perfect for small villages, and nuclear weapon dual use components and facilities equipment.

Take note, this guy gets that Sup Forums truly is satire.

This
And the fact that you do not pay any taxes if all of your income is from Gibsmeats anyhow.

Sounds like a you problem.
Keep the law stating that people can not be denied coverage based on a pre-existing condition. The rest will sort itself out. Without a mandate to buy their product the incentive is for them to keep the costs low to be competitive. Since most of their money comes from investments, not premiums, it is possible to keep lower premiums then we have now and still make a profit.

I don't know why I'm getting mad at a Serbian for not knowing US law, but Medicaid is incredibly restrictive in many states.

Medical profits were booming and insurance companies were getting richer and richer before Obamacare. Now they've convinced millions of right-wing conservatives that it would be better that they forgo health care to ensure insurance profits remain high

There clearly was some need for the ACA because it bumped enrollment up by 20 million

I'm just predicting that trumpcare will be functionally the same, premiums will not go down, and all those poor southern states that didn't take obama'a federal grants to set up exchanges will suddenly come to jebus and care for their poor wretched people dying of heart attacks because, socialized medicine used to be kenyan but this time it's YUGE

Americans having health care coverage is a "fire" that must be extinguished?
Must be a parody meme to show how ridiculous the GOP has become.

Health insurance profits aren't even that high. It's the defensive medicine and absurdly unhealthy population that created this mess, Obamacare did nothing to address either issue. Instead it just mandates health insurance for everyone, which does nothing but shuffle money around and increase the customer base of insurance companies.

Health insurance is not health care. I work in health care, people are paying more out of pocket now and their insurance isn't even kicking in until they meet ridiculous deductibles. So while some people have "coverage" that didn't before, their level of health care has not necessarily increased.

thats not what republicans do

>2017
>America still has for-profit insurance companies and legal corporate lobbying

Sometimes this just blows my mind. You're lucky to not go virtually bankrupt if you get seriously sick, even with insurance, in this country.

It's also incredible to me that people think socialized medicine would be a problem for anyone but large corporations that tether their workers to their shitty jobs because they need to keep that insurance plan.

Also, good luck passing anything onto your kids when you get milked dry so you can finally qualify for medicaid and die in a state-run nursing home.

Somehow, this would bankrupt the nation, though, because we wouldn't be able to send quite as much aid to Israel or North Korea or the myriad nigger nations that demand tribute from Daddy America.

I mean, how fucked up is it that health insurance as an industry and product tends to be more complex and inscrutable than the actual field of medicine? What the fuck kind of shit is that?

nothing hopefully

Costs went up at the same rate they did before Obamacare and we got the pre-existing conditions coverage as well as coverage to people 26 years old. That's not bad.

>The rest will sort itself out. Without a mandate to buy their product the incentive is for them to keep the costs low to be competitive.

Or their incentive is to get out of the insurance industry altogether because it won't be profitable under that law.

>Health insurance profits aren't even that high.

Nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=zMGZtkMS3sQ

This is bullshit, when the Obamas tried to just SUGGEST people live healthier, conservashits immediately started bitching that they were taking away MUH FREEDOM.
Then they tried to blame Michelle Obama for kids getting hit cars.

healthcare savings accounts

so much of your paycheck goes into an account, and in the event of a major injury that knocks you out of a paycheck, you take out a bankloan

Why are the insurance companies to blame for the high cost of health care?

The lard asses and ambulance chasing lawyers have much more to do with health care costs than anything.

>There clearly was some need for the ACA because it bumped enrollment up by 20 million
It was FORCED enrollment dipshit.

>and in the event of a major injury that knocks you out of a paycheck, you take out a bankloan

This.

Look at the national budget friend. The amount we send in foreign aid is a paltry sum compared to what we spend on medicare. To insure everyone in the US would be a disaster because we have so many people that produce nothing and add nothing to society. You would still have nothing to pass to your kids A) because you don't have anything now and B) because what little you did get would be handed off to immigrants, refugees, and dindus.

survival of the fittest

>OP pic related

They're not. The average profit margin for health insurance companies is 7%. Healthcare isn't expensive because insurance companies are ripping everyone off, the insurance companies are stuck paying for Jamal's diabetes medicine because he loves eating fried chicken and grape drink every day.

probably by something similar with no mandate and subsidized based on health instead of only income

And take away a "universal basic necessity" ?
Obama plans to backseat-drive the Trump administration too, so he'll be the naggy little voice on capitol hill.

So the answer is for the health population to subsidize health care for those who make poor choices?

>Or their incentive is to get out of the insurance industry altogether because it won't be profitable under that law.

Even better. They are driving up the costs anyway. If no one could afford to pay 12,000 for an MRI, it wouldn't cost 12,000. They over pay for certain services so the price tends to reflect what they are willing to pay. Also, dealing with insurance companies as a care provider is such a headache you have to itemize everything you do or say so you can be paid in a way that makes it worth dealing with them.

Well why do they need a profit? Why not cut out the middleman? Didn't Trump publicly support universal payer healthcare?

>Health insurance profits aren't even that high
No, they're actually much much higher
publicintegrity.org/2015/01/26/16658/health-insurers-watch-profits-soar-they-dump-small-business-customers

>absurdly unhealthy population that created this mess,
We didn't grow up with the kind of preventative medicine that more advanced nations have

>increase the customer base of insurance companies.
Instead of making that work, the insurance companies got greedy. Now it's just 1 more step to single payer and eliminating insurance companies altogether. This would free up hundreds of billions spent to enrich insurance executives, and the government could negotiate standardized rates.

Yes, all the multi-millionaires who've been rent-seeking and milking the system will cry, but it maybe this time they'll put Rick Scott in prison where he always belonged.

>What exactly will it be replaced by?

Hopefully something unlike shitty fucking Obamacare that doubled my premiums in the past 6 years while claiming to be "improving" my situation.

Anyone who fell for the Obamacare is good meme needs to be shot in the face. It fucking sucked, and was a push toward creating a failure so grand we'd be aching for single payer, but nope, we'll get things on a better track now with interstate competition.

Wyoming?

I like how this stops before the largest hike in insurance prices that happened this year lol

there is a reason the for profit insurance companies preferred a system that was branded as making their service "affordable"

your done son

The ACA is not 'healthcare'. It is a TAX! That is why the IRS is in charge.

Friendly reminder that Obama presided over the utter collapse of the Democratic party. Republicans hold 74% of state legislatures, 60% of governorships, a majority in both houses and soon a majority on the Supreme Court.

He might be likeable, but he was a terrible leader for the Democrats.

Profits make companies more effective, as does competition, which Obama explicitly prohibited by not allowing interstate purchasing of health insurance.

>To insure everyone in the US would be a disaster

Everyone already gets healthcare because its illegal for a hospital to turn away a patient. If you don't have an individual mandate (classic gop solution) or a single payer (classic dem solution) then the entire system will collapse as hospitals go bankrupt.

why did you pick such an expensive plan

The year isn't even over yet. How the fuck is there supposed to be data for it?

It also subsidized and outreached to the poorest and sickest people that need it the most, dicknuts

the fiscal year is over m8

>He might be likeable, but he was a terrible leader for the Democrats.
Oh, I knew this. Joe Scarborough said that the only person Barack could campaign for was himself.

money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/

Colorado.

Because it has become politically unsustainable.

Now of course what's changed is that your insurance company can't kick you to the curb the moment you become too big a beneficiary but that's not really visible to most people.

They just saw their premiums increase a couple times over with the perceptible coverage for the small stuff actually decreasing. Obamacare needed a ton more funding to avoid this clusterfuck and keep premiums/deductibles reasonable for the middle class.

Then they wouldn't have revolted.

>cnn

>10% profit margin is too high

It's certainly not excessive. If Obama wanted the companies to be more competitive, he could have easily allowed interstate competition between companies, but he didn't.

Even if insurance companies made absolutely no profit at all, the total savings would be $10b a year, out of the total $400b spent each year on health care. The net savings would be 2.5% on all Healthcare costs, a drop in the bucket.

It's much easier to blame evil insurance companies than to address the systemic issues with our health care.

Not really true. You could just as easily repeal the law requiring hospitals to treat everyone. Not saying that you should, but it isn't a forgone conclusion.
Anyway, you get emergency care. It isn't going to pay for your sustained healthcare. Elder care and women are the biggest drains, not emergencies. If you think you are going to walk into the emergency room with an issue that should be handled by your GP and get your usual care you are deluded.

>poorest and sickest people that need it the most
Those people would have already been eligible for Medicaid if they really were that poor and sick

Medicaid doesn't really cover a ton. If it were as good as private insurance it would be way more popular.

>You could just as easily repeal the law requiring hospitals to treat everyone.

That is a real way to win votes, letting people die.

> Elder care and women are the biggest drains, not emergencie

The problem is the poor and stupid didn't have insurance, so they went to the ER for everything. They would sit at home and let their condition get worse and then go back and get expensive treatment. The care that is the cheapest is the care we deny people if you remove the individual mandate and required insurance.

Single payer is the cheapest option, you can still have private clinics and doctors for people that want to pay more.

Probably be pretty similar with the mandate taken out and the ability to buy insurance across state lines similar to auto insurance put in

A system that does not allow AIDS medicine for people like you.

>Profits make companies more effective
Wrong, innovation makes companies more effective.

But I need it!

Except all the poor people still go to the ER, which is why things are fucked.

What drives that innovation?

I'll take my answer off the air.

>win votes
The reason most of the GOP platform revolves around telling people to fucking deal with it themselves is because that is the only way for people to unburden themselves in low trust societies.

They can't say they will ship all blacks to Africa or reject all non-white immigration. So they say they won't take care of poor people because whites emotionally aren't okay with draining their wallets for the other and alien. So they pretend to worship the free market. It's a comfortable escape to say this low trust environment is how it's meant to be instead of addressing the ethnic destruction this country has gone through.

People will be allowed to die because whites don't want to save them. They straight up don't, period. They were happy to when we were 90℅ white. Not now.

You mad, shitskin?

H.R. 676

removing the aca or other programs effect white people just as much as others. There are tons of white people that live on farm subsidies, medicare, medicade, food stamps and other government handouts. Basically the whole rust belt and all those coal people

They would die just the same

That depends on you and what you want to accomplish. The nihilistic approach known as profit isn't a good enough reason for anything, you have to find another reason, like getting the job done or reducing government intervention by taking their customers. Profit alone is nihilism and is bad for you.

Well, it's unimportant what "Republicans" want. What's important is what Trump plans to do, which is likely nothing more than repeal McCahan-Ferguson, sometimes better known as The Reason Obamacare Failed. If he also did something to reverse the plague of physician overspecialization, that would be good, too.

Not really. I don't disagree with the strategy or conclusion.

>just the same
Nope. Not at the same rate, not even close. White families are much more likely to have private insurance. Not only that, but poor whites are clearly willing to take a hit to protect their heritage.

>Costs went up at the same rate they did before Obamacare and we got the pre-existing conditions coverage as well as coverage to people 26 years old. That's not bad.

>One of the promises of Obamacare was to control costs of healthcare

It fucking failed, try again Thad