This is an infographic posted by Bernie Sanders Facebook page showing how many hours an individual must work per state...

This is an infographic posted by Bernie Sanders Facebook page showing how many hours an individual must work per state to afford a 1 bedroom apartment.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0B60EolNkXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So?

Why are the blue states so mean to poor people?

Minimum wagers usually have multiple jobs or they are welfare leeches. It's their fault they cant find a better job.

He's not completely wrong. I live in his home state (VT) and I make 11.00/hr, work 38 hours a week, and I can't afford a 1 bedroom apt for myself. I split rent for a 1 bedroom with a friend - $500 each. $1000 a month for a total shithole apt, no joke.

Then raise the minimum wage so they can get off of welfare you fucking retard.

>Work
>West Virginia

Your graph should have a N/A category.

Here in Iowa I am splitting a 2000sqft 4 bedroom house that is totally renovated and on the good side of town with one friend for only $500 each.

I will never understand people that fight against raises in minimum wage. Why not make peoples lives better you idiot? Why do you have to be so brain dead?

>states with a shitload of (((diversity))) and liberals are more expensive
Who would've guessed?

So, this is saying people need to work ~4 days to afford their shelter? 4 days out of the month? And this is a problem?

XDDDDDDDD

>2000sqft
>2 people

Are you really this fat?

Where the fuck are you getting this captain down syndrome?

It's missing a note saying that these are the most expensive apartments, not apartments for which someone who works a minimum wage job would be looking, let alone the average cost.

I live in New Jersey and a one bedroom is like $700 a month. You are either getting ripped off or you have a really fucking nice apartment.

Either way, get a studio apartment (one large room, like a hotel). It's much cheaper than a one bedroom apartment and you don't have to have roommates.

both are tall and skinny what are you on about?

That's not that big in America. We have lots of unused lands.

mfw NYC, my parents lived in the same house for 50 years and all they pay for is water/heat and shit like that which is cheap as fug

>by Bernie Sanders
Into the trash

>60 hours
>4 days work

Spot the NEET who's never done a day of work in his life.

A working day is 8 hours.

The real joke is that you posses the intelligence of a standard carrot or piece of broccoli.

At least they aren't using 2 bedrooms as the benchmark like they did before. How about studios?

I think they are just averages.

Wow a stupid leaf. They do exist.

What went wrong with Maryland? Flat blue. So was Mass.

Can't tell if bait or retard
>increase minimum wage
>commodities cost more because of labor rates
>demand for housing increases ->prices increase
>welfare increases to a percentage roughly proportional to wage increase to account for higher prices on goods and housing
>minimum wage earners are still at the bottom
The real winner in a minimum wage increase the government.

Wow a stupid Texas Fried Toast. Fuck off, you're cancer.

The OP had no argument. He just posted a map.

It clearly says 1 bedroom apartment in the chart.

>mfw Trump supporters enjoy the lowest standards of living in the country, somehow can't get by but oppose minimum wage hikes and blame everyone else for their problems

How about you fat faggots work harder, or better yet get a degree in literally anything, instead of blaming literally every fucking part of the political spectrum and ethnic groups but whatever you self represent as.

EKSSSSS DEEEEE

That's a load of shit. I work at most 35 hours a week and have my own 2 bath 2 bed house for $750 a month in Texas. I have a feeling they only counted minimum wage shit

Heheeeheeheee :^)

Maybe they should get jobs that pay more?

I'm making $15/hr with a full time job I've been at for 8 months as a total amateur with nothing to offer but a willingness to learn.

And then I read the small print and realized yes they did

>American comprehension

why are progressive states so mean to the poor?

>Texas
>Hurr durr we voted red see? We're totally not cucked I swear!
youtube.com/watch?v=0B60EolNkXc
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHOVE YOUR SMUGNESS AND SUPERIORITY COMPLEXES UP YOUR ASSES

If you cannot induce that the minimum wage needs to be increased based on that chart without me telling you, then a standard IQ test must be your worst enemy.

Someone with actual experience in real estate here

The reason why homes are so expensive in NY and California and in other liberal states is cause liberals legislated it so they have some of the most strict zoning and land use laws in the country. Even if you own the land you'd have to follow every single specification liberals want instead of building what the market demands. If construction companies and developers were allowed to do their business they'd build thousands of apartments in brooklyn and manhattan and due to the excess supply the price of rent would go down. This however hurts the (((Real Estate))) and (((Banks))) by causing all their investments to crater in value, so rents increase in value and the average person is left paying 50%+ of their paycheck towards the few apartment owners allowed to change rent because the jews also made it so that 2/3rds of apartments are rent controlled so schlomo and rita can pay 400 dollars a month for an apartment in a neighborhood where the average rent is nearly $4000 a month.

To wrap it up, liberals are too stupid for their own good and want only the best for them selves and as a result hurt the rest of the population due to their short sighted policies that only benefit themselves.

Now correlate those states with the relative densities of illegal immigrants per capita

OH SNAP, COMMIEFORNIA AND THE EAST COAST COME OUT ON TOP

LOOKS LIKE UNRESTRICTED SUPPLY OF LABOUR SOMEHOW HAS UPWARD EFFECTS ON HOUSING COSTS

I know they are, they used to use 2 bedroom apartments as the benchmark which made no sense for a single working adult. They switched to a one bedroom benchmark but a single person can live in a studio.

>I live in california
>minimum wage $10
>1 bedrooms everywhere costing about $600-$800
>60-80 hours not 92

Ok
But Bernie would of created economic collapse Zimbabwe and Venezuela shows what Bernie would of done to America.

So what, workplaces created by obama are worthless now and ones preserved by Trump are not?

I wasn't to be smug about it 2bh. It's just what I pay for this house.

Maryland is absolutely correct. It's fucking awful.

I know you are baiting, but for others that legitimately think raising the minimum wage would fix this problem, they would be kidding themselves.

For instance, Bernie proposes a $15 nation min. wage, but states with a cheaper cost of living such as Texas will suffer.

This is why:
The minimum wage for small businesses and fast food chains is currently at ~$7.50, if you were to double the cost of labor in these areas (places that pay at the minimum), the profit margins of these businesses would plummet. What will end up happening is that less people would be employed and more skillful employees would be hired in order to make up for increased cost, and there's plenty of data proving that whenever you raise the minimum wage, it hurts teenagers more (because they'll lose jobs to people with more experience). An increase in unemployment would also increase competitor for other businesses looking to hire, so instead of having a few dozen people apply for a fast food job, you'll get flooded with tons of people trying to find a job.

Also, since less people would be working, although minimum wage does increase the circulation of currency in an economy, since more people are unemployed, that would cancel out any benefit from raising the minimum wage.

In addition, if fast food workers were getting paid at minimum wage in a cheap state, and all of a sudden labor doubles to $15 per hour, this would cause every position within that store to increase in cost, since the manager isn't going to make the same as the workers. This'll all cause a chain reaction.

For people that like to reference Seattle, they need to realize that city unemployment is irrelevant, and the metropolitan area's unemployment is the one that needs to be paid attention to, as lots of people commute from surrounding towns/suburbs to work in cities.

Fascinating

>democrat voting states are worse off

Because not everyone is fucking autistic like you. Research before crying for more.

T. Clueless retard who isn't even responsible for his own bills.

The cause of the problem is overpopulation.

>I wasn't trying
Ftfm

competition not competitor*

BTW is Detroit included in MI stats?

It seriously pisses me off how the 67% that voted for Cuomo and Bill De Fuckass couldn't see this

A good result of this is that if New York continues becoming whiter like it is, it'll be 80%+ White by 2050

> illegals in Hawaii and Alaska

Why?

>would of
You have to go back.

You're wasting energy trying to argue with idiots.

> working more than 40h a week

Fucking 3rd world shit

Ohio here, this is complete nonsense. I work 8 hours 5 days a week and can easily afford a 1 bedroom

>Conservashit vision of the economy is where everyone is an accountant or an engineer and there are no burger flippers
How does it feel being just as economically retarded as leftists?

>$2480 a month rentals in Florida

lul. even in Palm Beach and Broward that is twice the average

For the most expensive parts of the states, perhaps. They definitely aren't the averages for the respective states as a whole

mfw Maryland is 101 hrs.

That's 4 days a week, as in 4 full days, you fucking spastic.

My job suddenly has to pay me $15 an hour
I am suddenly out of work

Yes, it says minimum wage in the post. Try reading before responding you dumb ass.

>property is expensive, low skilled work is "underpaid"
>muh undocumented americans compete for jobs and houses, depressing wages and increasing the cost of low-income housing
>trump is evil for telling illegals to fuck off and stop leeching an already broken system.

Looks at jobs being shipped overseas and automation claiming more and more good paying jobs. Where is this magic job land that you speak of?

You first bucko

How would you hire delivery boys, if minimum wage would be on the level of "living in your own apartments"?
Small business will die next week.

Not to mention startups. Can you pay minimum wage to your colleagues, when you are student with just google2.0 idea?

> Puerto Rico
> a state

The blue states are just nicer places to live so more people want to live there so housing is more expensive.

>
>
Tfw retarded commies you foolishly gave ...'s too don't see that the same government forcing employers to raise the minimum wage, will benefit the most from it, because they still tax the poorest people.

>can't afford to live in a liberal utopia
>easy as fuck to afford a place in the conservative parts of the country

What's Bernie trying to say?

>All those leftist states with unbearably high cost of living for anyone but the upperclass
>Most right wing states have lower cost of living by decent margins.

What did he mean by this?

It will produce inflation.

Ohio here this is bullshit. Working 40 hours a week and using 4 weeks in the month and taking out 30% for taxes would leave you $912.80 a month. You can easily find a 1br place for 350-500 dollars leaving you plenty for the rest of your bills. According to Bernie you need to make $1562.82 a month to "afford a one bedroom unit" which is bullshit because I make less than that and live in a 1500 sq foot 3br apartment with just my gf.

Please don't move to WV it's terrible here stay out

Move to red states and vote for us goy!

Yet all real studies show that a marginal minimum wage increase does not greatly effect prices. Maybe you should just learn to read and look at studies.

How about the government stops taking taxes from the poorest so they can sustain themselves?

But it's better to shift the blame on EBIL TYRANTS who give you your minimal wage job instead of replacing you with a machine that does the same, but will never complain.

Get a better job, there are plenty.

Lets all clap for you faggot.

>because all apartments cost the same
>because there are no such things as roommates
>because minimum wage jobs are meant to be a way to sustain yourself for your entire life

Something tells me that Bernie needs to neck himself immediately, and that his fans should follow suit for being so fucking dumb.

>Tfw I have to work for 20 hours to pay for my apartment

that's for people who play life on CASUAL

This tbf, stay away please, it's a shithole ;)

>Not to mention startups. Can you pay minimum wage to your colleagues, when you are student with just google2.0 idea?
Leftist barely understand the ramifications of their ideas on current situation trying to bring up the idea of what's could have been but lost due to their ideas is far beyond their grasp

>Live in Chicago, lakeview
>3 bed 2 bath above a loud club
>2 mates, gf and me
>Still all pay 650 a month

And this is one of the cheaper places in the neighborhood. We'll probably go to Pilsen after this lease and then put of the city. I imagine the data is skewed and uses a high general number for the cost of a 1 bedroom to serve their narrative. Its bad but probably not as bad as they want you to believe

wow imagine that
you have to do something other than flipping burgers.

I went to University of Iowa in Iowa City. It was a great town, I'll probably try to move back there once I have some vocational skills. Tearing movie tickets in Chicongo is going to get old fast.

>All dem illegals in Texshit
kek, your state's going blue in 8 years I just know it. Maybe sooner.

Per week? Per month? I don't understand.