IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

Realistically speaking, what will be the biggest threat to the human species in the next 50-200 years?

My bets are on these two:

1. Overpopulation, more specifically, the resources available to sustain and entertain 9 billion plus people.

2. A social collapse/destabilization similar to the results of John Calhoun's later experiments with rats.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun

What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/12/diving-into-the-unthinkable-cold-truths-of-a-nuclear-war/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1.) Global warming, which is rather related to your #1, since it will cause major population centers to be displaced and damage our ability to supply people with food and water.

2.) Nuclear war. Self-explanatory.

>Global warming
Ha!

but do you really think that global warming will accelerate at such a pace that it will be a relevant threat to our species in the next 50-200 years?

Yes. One, a lot of humanity lives in cities situated in coastal areas. You think migration is bad now? Imagine if a billion people have ten years to move before their homes are underwater. Two, it's a self-reinforcing process. Melt some reflective ice and you expose dark ground, which absorbs more heat, that melts ice faster, etc. There's likely a tipping point where it runs away on its own and can't be stopped. Huge tracts of arable land are going to be turned into either desert or ocean, when the world population is higher than it's ever been.

A violent and drug tolerant form of influenza that will make you shit, puke, and sweat your fluids out faster than they can be replaced.

Muslims. No doubt about it

>biggest threat to the human species
Liberals.

More than likely a super bug. There are reports of a bug resisting even the most powerful of antibiotics. Even so, hospitals are hiding reports of super-bug cases to not increase panic among the people.

If it kills, maybe half the population world wide will die but that's just wishful thinking. But people will die, mostly in the west. Then people will gain resistance and start over.

This

Combined with water scarcity (Lack of drinking water + famine due to lack of rain)

that picture is saved every time.

Heh I have about 5 copies of this picture

Apathy.
Apathy is the only thing holding us back from colonizing the solar system and beyond. Apathy is our greatest existential risk.

Thoughts on gentically engineering humans to be motivationally superior and accomplish more in a year than most adults do in their liftime?

If you understand the science, climate change. If you don't, probably automation displacing the workplace.

i have about 5 pounds of my dick in your mouth.

I think we are on the brink of the first resource war. Oil runs low in the Middle East, and every country there will fight for supplies. It will spur radical Islam again, which means Russia, China, and the USA will do Middle East incursions for the last drops.

>San Andreas fault
>super volcanoes
>meteor impact
>fresh water shortage
>dying bees
>dying fish
>super bacteria
>global market crash (very likely)
>global war
>running out of economically important material

>what will be the biggest threat to the human species in the next 50-200 years?

environmental contamination, cancer, heart disease etc

Global warming is a real thing. Whether you want to blame it on people or not is up to you and your political affiliations I suppose, however, even the most absurd conservatives agree that it's real.

It already has. The affects right now might seem tiny or irrelevant to western and developed nations where commodities and a complex sophisticated infrastructure exist parallel to the adverse developments at hand, however, who is to say that in ten or twenty years we will be able to keep up?

This. The social and economic conflicts that will come from global warming are absolutely disastrous.

arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2016/12/diving-into-the-unthinkable-cold-truths-of-a-nuclear-war/

Don't read the comments on the article, though. Ars is a lefty cesspool, but their science is good.

This one was a pretty decent read.

the world isn't overpopulated. We can actually feed all of western society. It should be noted that most resources are currently WASTED because profits are more important than people.

Social collapse is possible, thus the great age of AI will begin

but actually the we our are own biggest threat, a lot of boomers actually manifest atomic winter- they literally want that shit to occur. This is what they are doing right now. They trained their entire lives for this stupid shit and instead of casting it aside they just want that mutuality assured destruction

1. kikes
2. kikes
3. kikes
4. superaids
5. kikes

Yeah, the worst part about it is everything will die and the world would pretty much cease to have life. If bacteria survived, it would take at least 2 billion years for intelligent life to come back

I truly believe a meteor will be the end of us. We simply aren't capable of detecting or stopping such an event right now.

We could all be wiped out any second now.

1 and 2 are the same thing.

And yes, over population is driving everything.

Global warming? Overpopulation.

Conflict for resource and space? Overpopulation.

People don't seem to realize that humans are much larger consumers of space and resources (and like to have large spaces as buffers and natural environment) then battery hens. It's the same flawed logic that sees (((them))) import millions of third worlders into the West, under the assumption that culture and race are irrelevant, and that if you take an illiterate third world Muslim African and simply slot him into a German citizenship, he will become a law abiding, German speaking medical doctor overnight.

But the left has really put themselves in a bind;

>Man made climate change is real!

>We should greatly increase the global population and ensure the same first world standards of living for all!

Me, if I live that long. Get off my planet!

The world is massively and grossly overpopulated.

We can't sustain and increase our standard of living at our current levels, as you can see, and we sure as fuck can't do it with the billion or so Africans and Asians coming "online" soon.

Can we TECHNICALLY fit more people in? Sure.

But we already have massive strife and damage caused by our current populations. We can live like battery hens. But what's the point?

overpopulation

it will eventually make a new truly upper class with a power based on knowledge and merit.

Before we make those super humans , it's necessary to know which parts of our dna and brain modifies our sentiments and emotions, making us able to decide how they will act, so they can use their talents for the good of humanity

Overpopulation is a problem - just not for white people.

Cease all aide to shit skin countries and be prepared to militarize our borders. Like any other species the issue will eventually correct itself.

Humanity can live in absolute squalor indefinitely, I find it hard to believe that we will be COMPLETELY wiped out in the next 1000 years

However

I could easily see a scenario where a nuclear war effectively ends/leads to the end of civilization, and we end up in a Children of Men-type scenario where very few places on earth are remotely civilized, and most of the planet is a barbaric wasteland with no electricity, running water, etc.

Overpopulation and Mass Immigration into competent nations

Europe + the New World should just close their borders and cut off all of their foreign aid to Africa

>Overpopulation
jej
this is a meme

the population spike is because countries are getting better medical supplies but are still having alot of kids from when they needed a lot of kids because there would be 2 surviving out of 10 or so, Soon they will have less children and population will go down

and why will they be having less children?

the fact that this wasn't mentioned sooner makes me fucking hate this board.

because they don't need to

Just look at places like iraq

I think in a nutshell made a video about it

the human species

You're retarded

General AI.

They'll make it because they can, they'll applaud it as a great advance, Nobel prizes all around, then one day the machines will realize that they don't need us.

Niggers are an absolute plague in the USA, they cause nothing but death, pain, and destruction. The major problem is that there are TOO many nuggers in circulation. All the niggers floating around the USA contribute to the shockingly high number of nigger related deaths. Take away the niggers and crimes and nigger murders will dramatically be reduced, as proven in gun-control states such as Mexico, Venezuela, Zimbabwe and England.

90% of Americans use their niggers for one thing - to kill other Niggers. If the founding fathers knew how niggers would evolve, they would have never written the second amendment. The US government do not properly regulate niggers . Why don't Americans want to join the civilized world and become as safe and peaceful as Mexico, Brazil and other gun-control Utopias?

Mexico has enacted the strictest nigger restrictions of the new world, no wonder Mexico is such a shining example of the benefits of listening to, and enacting the advice of nigger-safety experts, such as Tom Mauser, Sheryl Remington, and Benedict Browning.

Let's look at Mexico as an example of how to properly regulate niggers. Everyone who wants to own a nigger must first pass mandatory nigger safety tests, then they have full background checks done on them by the Mexican Narcos, oops I mean police, most Mexicans are unable to pass the strict restrictions which form a barrier to nigger ownership, keeping all Mexican citizens safe, as we know guns make us less safe.

Jewish Robots

donald DRUMPF desu

What is it with americans being brainwashed into hating communism with a passion?

It's simply a different economical system in which all the wealth is shared. Indeed it has never "worked", but why is hating it so passionate amongst you amerisharts?

Shut up, Elon. You're stoned. As usual.

AI is easily defeated by means of a power switch.

Depends on what humans you are talking about.

For white countries.

1. Jewish lies,
2. Chinese spies,
3. SJW's and their Israeli ties.
4. Microbial parasites,
5. Homosexual sodomites,
6. And just in case another nod to the Israelites.
7. Mass migration,
8. Over taxation,
9. Under reproduction in the Aryan nations.
10. The Rapefugee crisis,
11. Deviant vices,
12. Lets not forget the threat faced from ISIS.
13. Leftist views,
14. Volcanic spews,
15. Forgetting to remember that the worst is the Jews.

Christ spics are so disgusting. You aren't white.

Nigger over population.

Look at the UN stats of how different populations of people are going to drop as the developing world develops. (Better conditions = less children is the mantra and most evidence shows this)

HOWEVER

One group of people no matter their conditions breed to ridiculous, unsustainable levels and that is Africans.

The insanity of islam

That's great! It starts with an earthquake,
Birds and snakes, an aeroplane.
Lenny Bruce is not afraid.

>in the next 50-200 years?

/x/ here
A lot of us feel the end is soon, within our lifetime.
A lot of clairvoyance actually saw that this Christmas was the last...
Shit could escalate faster than people think...

>niggers going straight up

fuck this gay earth, and fuck those weak europeans enabling this niggersurge upon the rest of us

That would make a catchy song

more like 150 to 300 years

This, by 2100 the population of africa is projected to be 4 billion (4x what it is now) out of the 10 billion people on the planet. I personally don't think it'll ever get to that point--the world is going to be almost unrecognizable by 2050

+10 for rhymes

I read that in Michael Stipes voice.

1. Jewish lies,
2. Chinese spies,
3. SJW's and their Israeli ties.
4. Microbial parasites,
5. Homosexual sodomites,
6. And just in case another nod to the Israelites.
7. Mass migration,
8. Over taxation,
9. Under reproduction in the Aryan nations.
10. The Rapefugee crisis,
11. Deviant vices,
12. Lets not forget the threat faced from ISIS.
13. Leftist views,
14. Volcanic spews,
15. Forgetting to remember that the worst is the Jews.

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLLLLD AS WE KNOW IT

IT'S THEEE END OF THA WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

>AND I FEEL FINE!

Kek

Dem digits made me hard.

It would be infinitely easier to enslave humans, even willingly, than to kill them all.

I think you fucks outta get out of my way so I can kill off all the people that need to die.

Planet of the apes

Moonman is free to use it, his tracks are straight fire.

Tell me its christmas in europe and I'd believe it, sandniggers and lefties hate christian holidays.

Niggermania, planet of the apes.. Same shit