Anyone whose ever studied theater or art, please explain how the fuck Avant garde is a legit art form?

Anyone whose ever studied theater or art, please explain how the fuck Avant garde is a legit art form?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/38262587
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its not an art form its a description that can be given to any work in any medium of art that is radically different from whatever is the current era's orthodoxy.

Jews

This

What you're thinking of is Modern Art, which is complicated because it's basically just exploitable. The principle of modern art is that since what qualifies as "art" by every culture changes (architecture can be art, sculpture can be art, music can be art) that art is defined by the viewer. The problem, though, is that there is no reasonability in what is considered art, to the extent that two lesbians shitting on each other is literally considered art (See: Two Girls One Cup).

You fucking idiot. Avant garde is not an art form

do you think there's some governing body that decides what art is legitimate or something? beauty is i the eye of the beholder, what makes up art is largely subjective

>get canvas
>get Taco Bell
>get laxative
>eat 5 laxwrap supremes
>fucking pray and spray the canvas
>get some on yourself for good measure
>go to cucked state like Cali or NY
>sell shit to rich Bernie supporter kike for 10 million
>be too rich to give a fuck what is or isn't art

Like are you faggots even fucking trying?

The whole point of the avant garde is that it it is trying to 'push the format' of art.

That being said, modern art is not avant garde. We're stuck in an orthodoxy of edginess.

Pretty much but its post-modernism rather than modernism. The modern era of art was mid/late 1800's to mid/late 1900s and was about fully exploring more traditional media rather than gay conceptual stuff.

Forgot to post the link
vimeo.com/38262587

avante garde is an art form if there's structure to it but the rules of engagement are bent to the artists will.

Shitting on a canvas is spirit cooking

>i can't produce anything but give me money because i have bills the art from

I guess avaunt garde art and aestheticism art is art in the same way motel art is art. It looks good and fulfills a need, but due to its lack of meaning or significance it deserves no respect

I don't really care either way. But avante garde is a creativity showcase that challenges you to flex your creative nuts. It counts. Anything that is rooted in primarily creativity and expression counts as art.

R mutt was a mistake

It allows for experimentation without the constraints of convention.

You should have your face bashed in with a hammer just for posting that image.

Its meaning is in defying orthodoxy. Its not much of a meaning but its there. If you can make it defy the social norm + sound/look good, then there is something there IMO

WHAT IS THIS

Avante garde art isn't meaningless as a rule. Sure you get the guys who shit on a canvas and call it art, but those are just idiots profiting off rich idiots.

Art used to be something to cherish

Now literally anything could be art

This post is art.

the only version of Avant Garde I've ever thought was slightly good were some of Serj Tankian's songs

The real red pill is that it was started as a means for red pilling people.

But like everything good it was quickly used to promote junk

No different than BLM being started by that one black guy, quickly suicided and Soros was running it shortly after.

Ideas are stronger than movements

cultural marxism

The last time some kike kicked out an artist, it didn't end well for them. So now they just accept any retard and if they fail to meet any standards, they just call it avante garde and move on.