Why has baseball faded in popularity in america?

Why has baseball faded in popularity in america?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aIkqNiBASfI
youtube.com/watch?v=s4VD9e7ehK4
youtube.com/watch?v=g1fZXmVr_oA
youtube.com/watch?v=D1UqOVObUg4
youtu.be/sGXqj2SDgdA(Best
blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2013/07/11/how-much-baseball-is-played-during-a-baseball-game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because its one of the most boring sports and it goes on for hours and hours.

Too civilized

It's starting to gain on the NFL again. The NFL was pretty freaked out about it's declining ratings while ratings for the World Series were through the roof

World series were a meme this year though soooo

The darker America gets, the dimmer the lights get for America's sport.

Because it's length. I used to be like that, but I pass the time on my phone when Shit isn't going on. It's good if you are invested in your team, like the mets

Golf is a pastime. Fishing is a pastime. Baseball is a pastime.

Football is a sport. Basketball is a sport. Hockey is a sport.

It's too boring to watch on TV, and going to the ballpark is idiotic because you shell out a couple hundred only to be interrupted constantly by rude assholes.

If you have double- or triple-A teams in your area though, that's still a fine way to enjoy the game on a sunny summer afternoon.

Americans have faded in popularity in America.

>go to a game
>game goes on for 16 innings
>it's 3:00 Am
>not worth it at the huge stadium you went to.

The ticket could cost 100 dollars for a seat that is decent, but if it's exciting or the matchup is worth it, then you don't lose

Because they took steroids out of baseball.

The home run race between Sammy Sosa and mark McGuire was the last time anyone cared and they were juicing hard.

Then faggot Mexican conceso ratted everyone out in a book and the retards at MLB got srs about roids and effectively killed the sports popularity.

Baseball is boring as fuck. Shitty 'sport'

>not entertaining on the tv

Have you see SNY broadcasts for the Mets? They may be dry, but it'll make you laugh whenever Keith or Ron do a good quip.

Baseball and Hockey are two of the most boring sports in existence

but its popularity has risen in recent years

its trash.

only happened because they rigged the entire world series for the cubs to win.

they even had the jewish media sucking them off and talking about how great they were the entire fucking time out of nowhere even before they started to do well.

Steroids ruined the sport because EVERYONE started to smack the ball like nothing. This era of great pitchers like kershaw, syndergaard, bumgarnder, kluber, arrietta, sale, and scherzer make it enjoyable. Sure you like home runs, but sheesh the steroids era was not a good time

Lol that guy looks like what I'd look like if I got fat

>hockey
>boring

The MLB player strike, stupid MLB media policies, and lack of coverage in general. Regular season also is long and hard to follow for some. Slow pace of game.

Worst is MLB media policy as I've said. Most people are cordcutters and I can't get coverage of my favorite teams because local media blackouts on games I wanted to watch on the Internet. I have to use another service to bypass the blackout.

>Too many overpaid niggers and Jews,
>dull ass sport
>subversive kike advertising
>everyone does steroids
>sport is also for faggots who are boring.

because it's so faggy that you wear a cap instead of a helmet.

The only accurate answer

They became good in 2015 when all their highly touted prospects debuted in quick order

>Cubs win World Series
>da joos made da Indians lose! It's all rigged!!!!

Fuck off. Jews didn't make the Indians blow a 3-1 series lead. Everyone wanted them to win because of how unlucky they were. I wanted the Indians to win, but I didn't care. The Mets lost to Connor gillsapie of all people

Home runs are back up to near peak steroid era levels. They changed the balls

the whole bit

youtube.com/watch?v=aIkqNiBASfI

You're lucky if you get 3 goals in a game between the two teams

It was popular and hence the popularity of the sport increased.

taking the juice out of baseball took the fans ass out of the stadium seat.

Baseball>football>basketball>dodgeball>soccer

Nice meme cuck

>Fuck off. Jews didn't make the Indians blow a 3-1 series lead.
They obviously did.

It's not even hard to do, just tell 1-2 people to play badly and they're guaranteed to lose.

Every single jewish run sport is rigged, the only good sport is WWE wrestling because at least they're honest about the fact that its fake and put on a good show. It's also why trump is friends with mcmahon in the first place.

Baseball is fucking boring as fuck, and the people that play it are all fat ugly fucks that look like they should be on a bowling team

Really? That's soccer. Hockey hasn't had many 2-1 affairs this season

>sports are rigged

No they aren't. The Jews may control the media but sports is all bullshit. The Indians lost because they ran out of gas from Miller and their staff. Injurys payed the price, and the Cubs managed to win. You can't blame the Jews for fucking everything

It wasn't rigged retard. Most of the Indians stating pitches were injured, sadly. Cubs got to see the same guy 3 times in 7 games

I believe you I just don't care anymore. I use to love playing and watching but it's just not interesting anymore.

it also probably had some to do with high school coachs destroying any love and fun for the game.

That is true, but I'd kill for good pitching matchups. Degrom and sale is one I'd buy tickets for in a heartbeat

>No they aren't
good try shekelstein

>The Indians lost because they ran out of gas from Miller and their staff.
these guys literally play hundreds of games a year, you expect me to believe they all of a sudden got tired after playing a couple of games?

good try retard.

>this

This. The Mets could have made an attempt for then WS again but they fell into the Madison bumshit October magic on the road. Familia blew us the game. At least we will be healthy next year, and with cespedes and hopefully mccutch.

Boomers are finally dying.

The season hasn't started yet you gumdrop.

Hockey and mma are objectively the most exciting sports

>It wasn't rigged retard. Most of the Indians stating pitches were injured
""""""""""""injured"""""""""""" pitchers of course.

Because the Braves haven't won the series since 95.

Did you not see how many times they sent Miller in the game? And how many innings he played? That arm can't handle that many innings, especially when they're close together. I'd like to see you try and be a reliever, then be good so almost every day the bullpen calls you up for the 8th inning for outs against the big bats of the lineup.

kek my high school manager was a cocksucker as well. Still loved to play though.

youtube.com/watch?v=s4VD9e7ehK4

vid and webm related

>Did you not see how many times they sent Miller in the game?
>(((they)))
yeah how could I miss the jews giving orders.

Jews might own a quarter of teams, but none of this bullshit is rigged.

Of course I'm sure you have no proof, as usual.

Probably all those erectile dysfunction commercials every break

Generally organized team sports are beginning to decline because they've been encroached on by leftist that aim to deconstruct the last safe spaces of masculinity.

Men just aren't interested in Football and Baseball because they see it being tainted with identity politics.

And the Mets should totally blame their arms, am I right? Our pitchers hurt their own arms just by how fast they throw. Only 2/5 managed to stay in the rotation since opening day to the end(Colon, syndergaard)

>
>youtube.com/watch?v=s4VD9e7ehK4
LOL, literal retard did that on purpose, go ahead and find another instance of that happening in ANY other baseball game EVER.

I love Baseball but the Dodgers have been killing my love of Baseball.

Year after year, we're the laughing stock of the entire MLB. Highest payroll in the last 5 years, most of it going to Carl Crawford who doesn't even play and people like Matt Kemp who plays for Atlanta and Andre Ethier who was out an entire year and balding.

We've had to watch the Giants, Cards and even Cubs go to the WS and even win it while we've been to the playoffs 4 straight years in a row and can't make it past the NLCS.

The players are fat preMadonnas who can't run for shit and can't hit for shit when it matters the most. The starters HAVE to throw a near perfect game 9 innings for the Dodgers to have a chance to win a game lest the terrible bullpen comes in. Even Jansen has been really shakey this year.

Everyone hates the Dodgers because of their payrole, Puig and because it has the name LA in front of it and we haven't won jackshit in 30+ years. Everyone in the shitty NL West has been to the WS since the Dodgers have last appeared in the WS including the Rookies, Giants, Dbags and even the fucking Pads. I honestly don't know why I even bother with Baseball when all I get out of it is constant shit from fans of other teams?

because kids aren't raised by true fathers anymore, mixed in with everyone needing instant gratification.

>Jews might own a quarter of teams, but none of this bullshit is rigged.

>Jews have every reason to rig the games and make billions of shekels off of the resurgence of baseball
>Baseball is not rigged
pick 1 nigger

>looks at manager of the Indians

>This double b8

I dont understand why people like this sport.
Its so boring.

have another (you)

youtube.com/watch?v=g1fZXmVr_oA

still dont understand why you guy always come late to the game

So no proof then

Cubs and Mets aren't owned by Jews.

sucking jewish cock is an american pastime.

jews put on a fake show for these retards to enjoy and lie about its authenticity.

because we have nothing better to do and love giving away our money for nothing.. 5 dollar hot dog and a 8 dollar beer.

I know that feel. My Mets are a shit team that somehow manages to win games that they shouldn't. We should count our blessings just from Lugo and gsellmen. Even if we lost 3-0 to bumshit at home, it was a good stretch run. Still wished familia didn't blow 3/5 games in the World Series

Wow, that's rigged.

couldnt be more obvious those are on purpose btw.

its not even a difficult pitch to swing on and top level batters can hit those balls any direction they want.

He hit the ball and it struck his face. Nothing rigged here.

going to a game with some cold beers on a summer day is pretty based american thing kebabremovalbro

>Hockey
>Boring

get the fuck out

youtube.com/watch?v=D1UqOVObUg4

Because it's a pastime and we have better ways to pass the time now.

>jews put on a fake show for these retards to enjoy and lie about its authenticity.

that's the NBA user

This.

youtu.be/sGXqj2SDgdA(Best playoff run ever)

>t. NEET who never played sports or battled fatigue cause he sits in his basement 24/7

Is it normal for a baseball fan to have low expectations for the team I root for to win a World Series title?

>hopefully mccutch
Please tell me this is true. Some more clutch hitting is desperately needed.

Too many niggers with a short attention span, and greater emphasis on low cost "urban friendly" sports that require virtually no supporting infrastructure or maintance.

Unless you go to a private school odds are you'll never play baseball as a kid in an urban environemnt.

This 100%. It all used to be an escape from the world, a temporary escape from politics, but now it seems there are no escapes left to be found anywhere at all.

It's fucking hell. I used to at least be able to turn on a game. Now there is no escape from these psycho assholes that seem to have infected every single corner of existence. Fuck.

Most likely. I fell into this with the Mets in the summer when we hit .205 with RiSP. Good times

NBA, NFL, MLB all of them are fucking jewish owned.

MLB is going down the shitter and loads of other jews are unloading bad assets ob to it.

I live in arlington where the rangers stadium is, they have the audacity to ask for more money to keep their failing stadium open, im 100% sure they will continue doing this everywhere.

who do you hate more - SJWs or the Yankees?

because it is a poor copy of the greatest sport to come from empire - CRICKET

If we get him, we most likely lose a pitcher. Just give us cutch and Watson for d'arnaud, Harvey, and familia(We don't need a closer who sucks ass in the postseason)

>play hundreds of games to get to the finals of world series
>lol no battle fatigue

>play 4 games of world series
>OMG IM SO TIRED TAKE ME OUT LET OUR RETARDS PITCH NOW

good try shekelstein

Sports in general are dying

Boxing and hockey are completely dead. NFL ratings are at an all time low.

Traffic is a real bitch, it's no joke. We live maybe 20 minutes from the stadium, leave an hour and a half to get to the game and still arrived at the top of the 2nd. When the game was over everyone was rushing towards their cars, we ended up falling asleep for an hour for traffic INSIDE the stadium parking lot to die down and be able to get onto the freeways.

Now we just take the metro, it's faster and takes you directly to the stadium, you also don't have to pay a bullshit fee of $20 to go to Frank McCourt.

I actually like the Mets, I was rooting for them after they eliminated us and went to the WS. Laughed my ass off when you guys swept the supposedly unbeatable Cubs last year, if you guys stayed healthy you probably would have beat the Giants and the Cubs this year.

the jews are making all these sports into niggerball

SJW's. I went to a Yankees Giants game this year and saw bumshit, miller, and chapman. It's a comfy stadium but not like citi, which is better. Secretly want them to do well for another subway series

>diversity"
>not putting NHL

I'm Angels fan. No not that I'm a fan of two LA teams that kind of shit. Fuck those shitty ass fans. It's either you are LA or Anaheim. I live in Anaheim and I have always been a fan since 2002. Hopefully the team you root for have a successful run in 2017.

The sheer amount of time spent between plays. there's like an hour or two of inactivity.
blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2013/07/11/how-much-baseball-is-played-during-a-baseball-game/

>image is screwed up

I would take that trade any day

Well fug

good answer, friend - yeah Yankee stadium is pretty comfy, usually laid back... never been to Citi though - passed it plenty of times, but never inside. Do you miss Shea?

Angels are okay. Trout is pretty much a good player. He's humble and does things a superstar should do. Can't wait for NL east AL west interleague

Its my personal opinion but baseball is gay. And I like tennis, like I would watch women's tennis before baseball or burger football. Or soccer.

I just like tennis and hockey really. But I personally love swimming, alone.