Will Russia have its own anti-establishment movement as it is in Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/21/putin-has-finally-reincarnated-the-kgb-mgb-fsb-russia/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is the establishment in russia ignoring the people?

Hopefully not, it would probably be some kind of garbage leftist movement.

Yes, because they steal money from them and they also have their Lugenpresse

It will eventually happen

Tell me more about my country, shitcleaner.

So you claim you don't have your own Lugenpresse? And that Russian officials don't place their money in western banks and build their houses in the West? All of this would be confirmed by an honest Russian

Not him but I figure I'd answer.
>So you claim you don't have your own Lugenpresse?
Not really. They are very subtle about their spin. They don't lie outright, they present debates, they do investigative journalism, sometimes in coop with gov but stil, they are especially good on apolitical topics. They only really lie by omission, and not all of them.
>And that Russian officials don't place their money in western banks and build their houses in the West?
Not anymore they don't. Sanctions helped with that. They will get back to it eventually, but putin himself pushed against this multiple times with varying success.

Not in any foreseeble future. Liberals are factioned, xenopatriotic and vanishing minority advocating surrender of Russia to NATO and IMF. Nationalists are raving lunatics advocating genocide and disintegration of country. Both have popular support within the margin of statistical error and are vocal nowhere outside the internet. Chances of anti-establishment movement in Russia right now are slimmer than those of Poland building a hyperdrive.

That would describe the only real opposition movement leader that would potentially have a chance in a national election. Alexei Navalny. He's barred from running though. Probably for the best, he's a massive leftist fag.

Realistically look to people like
Sergei Shoigu or hell even Igor Secchin. It may turn out not to be either one of them, but the point being whoever the next president of Russia is, it'll be someone the Putin controls, or at the least heavily shapes the same way he did when his PM Medvedev was president for a term.

>potentially have a chance
lol no
The aliens will land before navalny gets even 10% of votes.

I'm just going by what is granted an outsider's perspective but anyone that isn't a Putin clone basically stands no chance. Potentially was probably the wrong word to use. Or at least not in the right way. Would he ever be president? No but if he wasn't seen as a potential threat, I don't think he'd have been the target of such restrictions preventing him from seeking office.

Other than the neo-soviets seeking to recapture the glory days of the USSR, Navalny seems to be the only (relatively popular) "threat" that the establishment seems to see.

I

>I don't think he'd have been the target of such restrictions preventing him from seeking office.
He is a target because he is both corrupt, overly loud and annoying. Ripe target for foreign influence. If you think he is a beacon of hope that putin is trying to squash, nothing could be further from the truth. He is just another stupid bastrad who wants power and cant see beyond the reach of his greedy grabby hands.

Fair enough, I don't read or speak Russian, I have only the outsider's lense to observe him through. From that view, that's all he's ever really been presented to me as. It's good to hear a Russian's view on him directly.

Not likely. Putin's Russia is one giant oligarchic corporatist circle-jerk. We're talking about big money here, so people in power will use any necessary means to get rid of anyone who may threaten their source of income.

>honest Russian
HA!

My real question is how can Putin keep going up for re-election,

You'd think it'd just be better for him to hang around influencing his presidential candidates.

Putin's been in power of Russia throughout most of my life.

>Putin's Russia is one giant oligarchic corporatist circle-jerk
Brazil is too, yet they've managed to get rid of the president. Ukraine - we all know, Mubarak, Ghaddafi also were stripped of power

The main reasons why we don't have serious opposition to establishment is
a) It works quite well, far from perfect, but decent non the less
b) Putin is an adept politician and he managed to strike enough bargains with our opposition parties in parlament for them to be essencially allied with him. Every now you see an out of character law passed to satisfy them. Funnily enough the gay propaganda law much decried in the west is one of such occasions. Putin himself couldn't give rat's ass about gays.

>My real question is how can Putin keep going up for re-election,
Why not? There simply isn't a good reason for him not to do one more 6 year term before dropping it on someone else.

This. Navalny become enemies with his ex allies just because they wanted some money/power too.

They're all just liberal circlejerking club.

A lot of people here still remember 90s with their famous liberals. So now ~70% of population will never vote for someone even slightly pro-western. We had enough US advisors, which literally sold scraps of USSR and left Russia on Somalia level.

In Ukraine and Brazil it's different, because there they have different oligarchic groups competing against each other for power. In Russia any competition among power groups ended after Yeltsin. That's the entire point of Putin's system, everyone is corrupt, but loyal to Kremlin, so nobody gets persecuted.

>nobody gets persecuted
I dunno what you are talking about. They throw a politician in prison every other week.

with a 90 percent approval rating i don't imagine it.

>but loyal to Kremlin
this is only temporary, they will start to fight for money. It was all good when there was money from oil

Really, and whom exactly?

Of big ones Ulyukayev was the latest.

The SiP guys/Jan 25th committe/Strelkovtsi are the only decent anti-establishment movement, everyone else is a jewish/homosexual US-paid traitor.

And they have refused to participate in elections or organize a revolution. Instead, they are preparing to take the rule when Russia collapses from Putin's mistakes.

Personally I hope that instead of that, all the systemic options are exhausted and significant improvements are worked out within the system. It's not impossible, for example the fucking Communist Party advocates for wider gun rights and immigration restrictions, and they are a systemic party (funny how the literal Soviet communists will be considered far-right in the west), and those are examples of things that will really improve Russia.

That's essentially been my assessment of Putin as well. My understanding of Russian law is that comeven after his next 6 year term in 2024, he will not be able to seek office again until at least one other person has served a term as president. So I guess I have two questions: who do you think will be president after the 2024 election? Do you think Putin will want to stick around and run again in 2030?

Well, he wasn't thrown in a prison, he only lost his position in the government. It's going to be just like with Serdyukov, he will never be really persecuted and sentences, just "retired" like the others who lost Putin's favor.
They won't do that because it's too risky.

Ehh. Being in oppositon is one thing. Being a politician disloyal to russian interests will get you exiled/jailed/killed so quickly you won't even see it coming.

Here, have a read.
foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/21/putin-has-finally-reincarnated-the-kgb-mgb-fsb-russia/

>who do you think will be president after the 2024 election?
There is a number of people who can do this. Lavrov, Shoigu and the like. But they are too old. More likely candidate is Medvedev, aka "Bloody Dmitry", that would be amusing. Another possibility is Volodin, a very skilled politician and administrator himself. Could pull someone from security services or military too but that's less likely.
>Do you think Putin will want to stick around and run again in 2030?
No, he will probably stick around, but not to run, rather to ensure smooth transition and to maintain his own powerbase in case of emergencies, personal or national.

>just "retired"
I'm fine with that, honestly. Point is one less corruptioner, there is always a chance his replacement will be better.

>let's replace one corrupted guy with another corrupted guy, which then will be replaced by another corrupted guy, and neither of them will ever get persecuted for corruption

And yet level of institutional corruption has been on a steady decline from personal expirience.

Yes, liberals.

>personal expirience
welp, seems legit

Russia isnt a country, it is just a counter effect of a one world order. Even the jews in russia, no matter how much sculls and gold ingots they have invested in the west, they still would perfer the cellular, multipolar world, such as the current russian establishment conspires for, and gets so much flag trought the western media that reignites the old cold war scare.
Why do you hate the russians? Ask yourself that. If you do, know that the reason does not exist, so you defend your belief, and attack me for pointing it out, just as a sjw attacks the nay sayers.
You are the victim here.