New Christian Help

Hey Christians. Got a bible a couple of days ago. I want to know what parts of the Bible are the best and if I could skip the old testament. Thanks.

The old testament is the best part. In fact, the old testament is so good that you should convert to Judaism!

read books Genesis through Revelations

A

don't skip shit. the old testament is the most fun lol. new testament is the best shit tho. you are already saved so read whatever. find enjoyment in it.

FUGGN :DDDDDD

Start with the Gospels but don't skip the OT.
Also what version is your bible?

and the apocrypha, it's like the intermission in homestuck

Judaists converted to talmudic satanism, there basically arent any real jews left

Read the whole thing you fucking infidel.
DEUS VULT!!!

Family member got if for me as a Christmas gift. It is a King James Version.

Skip the middle-man and just worship Saturn directly like the big boys.

its not really a part of the bible though

Thanks for the advice.

What bible should I buy? There's a lot of different versions - what's the difference?

LEEEEEEFFF

Perfect

Don't skip the OT though

I pretty much never recommend the bible cover-to-cover. For general learning, I would recommend the Catholic Catechism. This is the collection of doctrinal Catholic teaching in plain text and directly said. There are additional commentaries on it if you need it and its also free online on the Vatican's website.

The Bible is an extremely valuable read but you must remember that the Bible isn't a book but a collection of books so going cover-to-cover doesn't aid you at all. Moreso when you realize that each book has their own genre, history, structure, etc. It is better to head to the relevant books you wish to research currently and use commentaries. Scott Hahn has good commentaries and for a good study bible I'd recommend: the Ignatius Study Bible.

Ultimately, reading the whole Bible is valuable but without assistance on the scholarship of the text you may get confused or, more likely if you aren't ready for it, waste your time.

The general breakdown of the books being:

>the life of God as man, the creation of the church and the covenant that it's based in, provided an example model life and provided a grand means of showing reconciliation between man and God (The Gospels)

>The stories of the apostles after the gospel timeline ended (The Book of Acts)

>letters of someone given authority to guide the formation of the church (Paul's letters)

>a vision separate from it which foretells later events (Revelation)

>the historic and intellectual set up towards God's coming and the initial reasoning for God's initial coming (The entire Old Testament)

I'll give a breakdown of the Old Testament books next:

>The Pentateuch
Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
The law and foundational stories to the creation of the nation of Israel and its law.

>Historical Books
Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1st and 2nd Samuel, 1st and 2nd Kings, 1-2. Maccabees, 1st and 2nd Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther

History of the nation during the reign of kings.

>Wisdom Literature
Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon, Wisdom, and Sirach
Important cultural landmarks intellectually for that nation and poetry.

>Prophet
Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi.
Part history, part prophetics. Mainly history.

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I should add, while I say a Catholic catechism, any catechism is doable in case you're in a different denomination and I would still recommend that for a beginner to be more straightforward.

Old testament is the original work, new one is a lowest common denominator sequel for dummies.

Considering the Trinity is the central doctrine of Christianity, try first to figure out in what way at all its possible for this bullshit to pass off as coherent.

To any possibly bullshit arguments including Extra Dimensions, Faith, or God Must Not Make Sense To Human Logic, I would ask you that you explain how that argument UNIQUELY applies to the Trinity and can not just be used for A Billion Persons that are different but Equally One God, or 7 Gods or whatever.

Answer this please. Otherwise stop in your tracks

is over there, friendo.

Honestly, I'd start with the Gospels, but do read the OT later.

>Romans
>Gospel according to John
>Revelation
>Genesis
>Exodus
>Job
The most important books of you ask me

Skip everything written by Paul, or just throw that bastardized piece of cap in the trash. Go to blessyahowah.com for decent translations of Dead Sea Scrolls and Greek Manuscripts. Paul is the one who said throw out OT, Jesus said it's all that matters

youtube.com/user/jointhebibleproject

These guys do a good job at explaining things

Where does this "don't read the OT" meme come from? Jesus quoted the Old Testament as authoritative, as did His apostles

Read John to start

Read the superior bible, the Hermetica

The trinity - God being the collection of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit - does not imply that all three are each their own individual object or individual - don't be confused by the use of 'person'. Rather, a modern way of wording it would be that God exists in a trinity of relations. A good parallel would be St. Augustine's:

>The Father = The Mind
>The Son = Self-Knowledge
>The Holy Spirit = Self-Love

For mind, its self-knowledge and self-loveand all co-extensive, co-equal, and consubstantial. Yet they proceed from the mind.

>blessyahowah
I went to that website because I saw your shilling somewhere else, and it was just insane rambling. Paul never said we should "throw out" the OT, and if he was false, why did the apostles, sealed by the Holy Spirit, welcome him as a true apostle?

Anyone?

And, to further add to , I'll give a more a logical approach.
The triangle is the most efficient shape. This reality enjoys efficiency above all else in it's logic and physics. It would only be sense that God is the most basic of all shapes through that light can pass and, on top of that, gave us females who inherently are a part of that. "There is no Dark Side of the Moon", the moon being females, the sun being the Son, and the Earth being the Father.

>Cuckstianity
Not even once

>surprised when American schools are infected by this shit

The old testament is a real chore to read. Been reading for a year and still not done

No sorry you're all alone.

General response about reading the Old Testament here, for anyone else thinking over this stuff:

so like God has Three "parts". These parts are separate, but all are God? Sounds like God needs to see a psychiatrist , he got Multiple Personality Disorder

Any version is fine

I had trouble following the KJV so just read a regular english translation

This.

>Worship OT
>Worship 10 commandments
>Still practice synagogue mannerisms in church
>Not a crypto Jewish religion
>Tfw former Christian

>All the Jews are Talmudists

Guess those 100,000 askenazi Jews who fought for Hitler was just subversive Talmudists huh? Christcucks will do anything to convince themselves they are not Jewish

>J-jesus was white
>W-well even if he was semitic, semites were bro-tier they had white skin that makes them european!
>The Talmud is the the most anti-Christian thing ever written!
>Topkek, you think we are "Jewish" try again fedorafag, the term "Jewish" only refers to the period after Titus crucified an Israeli rebellion and the subsequent escaping Pharisees wrote the Talmud and became "Jews". Jesus was semitic , not jewish. Nice try :)

proverbs is good for general life wisdom
revelations is an interesting read
and anything written by pual is great(acts, romans, corinthians)

Start with the book of John for the start to end story of Jesus and then check out Romans.

Main versions recommended by Sup Forums are:

>Douay-Rheims
Direct to English translation of Latin Vulgate, which is considered the authoritative bible by the Catholic Church. This allows for accuracy but also the direct translation leads to awkward wording at times.

>NABRE

Bible with updated translation of phrases in modern English. Easy to pick up but people question the accuracy of the modern use. Its easily the most popular between the three and has the most study bibles attached to it.

>RSV

A mix of classic and modern translation used by all apostolic denomination but mainly the Orthodox. The big benefit for this is that it includes and expansive collection of apocryphal texts (non-canon) for Orthodox because some of their churches still use them during liturgy.

The old testament is what validates the new testament. Things like Psalms 22:16 gives me a frisson feeling.

Putting something in greentext doesn't automatically make it untrue, dipshit.

>Implying that there should be any version other than the KJV

>Old Testament (The Torah) validates the New Testament
>We're not Jewish tho

But how?

“There Is Nothing New Under The Sun”
Ecclesiastes 1:4-11
Is all you need to know

Of course they should. Its written beautifully but that does not mean it is accurate, nor that is includes all the books of the whole bible unless you find some special KJV.

The Mosaic Law was a preparation for Jesus' coming.

Read Ecclesiastes.

Nice refutation. You worship God in a crypto-synagogue via the holy texts including the Koran. You believe in a pre-ordained chosen people (even the more hardcore Christian racists argue that only whites are the chosen people, therefore the God saves all races trope is false and Matthew 15:21-28 is proof that only whites are the chosen people. So, do you believe in a multi-racial heaven or a chosen people heaven?

>hey i like you im going to make the world flood with your semen
>dont like u tho, have a curse
>hey man i used to like you but not anymore, have a curse
>yo bro u seem alright, there are people i dont like, go kill them, as a reward i will like your kids
>welp, you kids blow, get cursed, im going to meme foreigners to invade
>i guess you done good for
>as a testament for me liking you again, do something really random cause GAAWD, rub bengay on your balls on the third day of the seventh month and eat them thin unleavened breads
>those who wear dyed wool on that day make me feel like shit, they need to be exterminated cuz GAAAWWD
>actually, you all still blow, get cursed

>5 pages out of 165749 pages are about some dude that is apparently god
>those pages are rehashed 4 times but Tony's Testament got Jesus in NEW HAT
>rest of the Bible expansion pack is some guy preaching about a guy he never met saying shit he never said
>Truly who donteth beliveth in me will get the aids AMEN

It's a retarded book

>200▶
>The old testament is the best part. In fact, the old testament is so go

>leaf

A generation goes, and a generation comes,
but the earth remains forever.

The sun rises, and the sun goes down,
and hastens to the place where it rises.

The wind blows to the south
and goes around to the north;
around and around goes the wind,
and on its circuits the wind returns.

All streams run to the sea,
but the sea is not full;
to the place where the streams flow,
there they flow again.

All things are full of weariness;
a man cannot utter it;
the eye is not satisfied with seeing,
nor the ear filled with hearing.

What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.

Is there a thing of which it is said,
“See, this is new”?
It has been already
in the ages before us.

There is no remembrance of former things,
nor will there be any remembrance
of later things yet to be among those who come after.

I would not recommend skipping the OT. Understanding the chronological progression of the Bible is very important.

No. Jesus is the OLD and the New. He is a preacher of traditional Jewish beliefs through the new covenant with the goyim in which they become the new Jews. That Talmud was btw, one huge loophole for the Ten Commandments that the Jews, but these are the same Ten Commandments that Christians worship. Of course not all of the Old Testament is now followed (that part where the dimensions of the acacia altar would be sort of trivial after so long if not existing in the desert) You are a semitic religion, just accept that when your race no longer exists.

You have to read Exodus as a new convert. Moses is a character study in dealing with the demands God puts on you.

>what parts of the Bible are the best and if I could skip the old testament
Skip.

Read New Testament. It is small. Simple to understand.
And the core of it is sermon on the Mount.

They never did. God gave John and Paul the ability to speak in every language(so the gentiles) and then Paul came along saying the gentiles belong to me and don't get circumcized and the Towrah is pronography.

go pick up the EDDA

>Jesus is the OLD and the New. He is a preacher of traditional Jewish beliefs through the new covenant with the goyim in which they become the new Jews.

He deliberately overrides certain elements of Mosaic Law and speaks of fulfilling the law. You're mistaken. This is why the leaving behind the Old Covenant for the New is a major part of the New Testament.

Skip it all

You might as well just read the Hemingway's the Sun Also Rises (which uses this quote as an epitaph) to see what being a Christian was like in the 20's , it's a lot more informative on the why everyone in every generation since is so miserable. In fact that it blends in today's society fairly well -faggotry around every corner, small amounts of daily anti-Semitism amounting to nothing because muh Jesus, and of course cuckoldry everywhere. 10/10 read.

Read New Testament, but don't take it literally and keep in mind that it's been written long after Christ's deeds and edited countless times.
You can skip Old Testament, unless you're interested in Jewish mythology and traditions.

This.

Just read the bible from start to finish and then re-read your favourite parts and study whatever you want.

It's not that difficult really, don't look for excuses just do it mang.

No. You're mistaken in thinking that I meant that Jesus is ONLY the new. He is both, because God is still the Old God, he simply has a new agreement with his people.through the trial of his son. The Torah - and the Ten Commandments are still central to Christian teachings. You are a semitic religion because of this. In fact there are protestant factions who seem to like the Old Testament more than the new.

Read it all.

>Mang

Fuck off Barborosa

The whole Bible is underrated. Read multiple points of educated views on a book before you study it. Most books are quite unique. The more you learn, the more you'll love it. These 'fable or myth tales' are extremely deep and complex. They use a certain kind of reasoning through paradoxes that, while not unheard of in other cultures, it's use in ancient Hebrew is particular enough to have it's own name. (trying to find it now) Plus deep foreshadowing of Christ is found in many.

study Odinism and Nordic EDDA fuck that jew monger crap! HAIL TYR

Lol, you really baited me with that one

ya mang

>Deep Foreshadowing of Christ

You mean the basic predictions of a messiah?

>Traditional knowledge and wisdom is deep

Of course the Bible has some good sayings an parables in it, but Christianity has done about 0 good for the world so far.

No, he didn't - those are later additions. But since he preached mostly among Judaists, he had to use references familiar to them, yes. Otherwise he would fail from the start.
If you seriously follow OT, you should be circumcised, respect the holiness of Saturday, and do many other jewish things.
Judeo-"Christians" have always had a sever case of cognitive dissonance.

You obviously have an agenda to push, so I'll leave you to it. See you around then.

>He had to use references familiar to them

So he did. Nice try, Ivan.

>Respect the holiness if Saturday

Wow he moved the Holy Day one whole day I guess it's not a Jewish religion anymore.

The book of Job is legitimately my favorite. I'm an atheist though.

Ask your rabbi to interpret Isaiah 53 and Psalm 22 for you and go back to sleep.

>All these (You)'s
>N-nice try JIDF!

More cognitive dissonance.

Well I could just ask my local priest and he'll give me the nu/jew/ interpretation instead!

>I pretty much never recommend the bible cover-to-cover. For general learning, I would recommend the Catholic Catechism.

WRONG. WRONG. WRONG.

The only thing a Christian is required to read is the gospel.

Would've thought Ecclesiastes .....'the only book of philosophy in the bible' per many atheists. It's explicitly bad philosophy/theology though. Love Job too btw.

it's such a typical non-statement

> extremely deep and complex
Just like modern art, if you meme yourself into its significance you'll see references to everything, as something most profound.

>Christianity has done about 0 good for the world so far.
AH SHEEIT, you had to open that can of worms

Jews hate Christianity so much that they don't use the + in math in Israel because it looks to much like a cross. Look it up.

>he moved the Holy Day one whole day
No, he didn't. Romans did.
>it's not a Jewish religion anymore
I didn't say that. The official judeo-"christianity" is indeed a weird mix of judaism and roman/greek paganism. The original Christ's message was extremely anti-judaist though.

I'm sorry but they are so fucking ambiguous.

>The messiah will not be liked at first and will probably be pierced for the better of us
>Name one of the many other people who had claimed to be the messiah or had other cults at the time
>B-but it had to be Jesus!

Stop worshipping Yahweh you fucking cuck.

Start reading Mark or Matthew, then read the rest of the New Testament. Then read the whole book, starting with Genesis. Then read the book again. Repeat for the rest of your life. You'll always discover new things.

>He is both, because God is still the Old God, he simply has a new agreement with his people

And that agreement is central to the New Testament and the teaching of His church, making previous laws in previous agreements defunct. This is why much of the national laws of Israel are defunct and why the Mosaic Law (OT Law) are in the position they are in.

The Ten Commandments stay because they are an effective representation of elements of God's Moral Law (which is eternal, universal, and what Christianity centers around) with 9 of those 10 being moral and one being ceremonial but still a good idea. The ceremonial and civil elements of Mosaic Law (which made Mosaic Law what it was compared to God's Moral Law) are dismissed.

Now if you want to discuss identity - whether to call it Jewish or not - you need to establish rules for a manner of identification and defend why you use that for identification.

God established a nationalist covenant before his final and universal covenant and had his incarnation come from this nationalist covenant, which tie it to Israel in cultural reference and origin geographically but the vast majority of its intellectual development are outside of it in other parts of the work and abroad and is message, positions, and argumentation extend well beyond any nation or geography.

The OT depresses me. I want to be Christian but I haven't heard a single good explanation for why God was that way and why he asked for people to be killed.

It hurts.

Study it yourself fool. Even question the transaction of words and phrase. I'll help you with Psalm 22. It says his hands are 'bored' into, not clawed or bitten like many Torahs say today. Honest Jewish scholars back this up.

>Get ye gone ye synagogue of Satan
>Join my new synagogue, instead.
>It's not judeo if it isn't Talmudic

Wew

The only parts worth reading are the parts with Jesus in it. Everything else is either Jewish or interpretations of people who ruined the religion. You curse that's fucking fig tree Jesus!

>they are required to read the narrative that gives the foundation of the church and God's incarnation
>not recommending people start with a cliffnotes of the message, goal, and worldview directly

...?
Starting with the Catechism is better teaching.