What happened to the BBC?

Most of my contemporaries are academics or in "muh elite"
every one of them has given up on the BBC. If I remember right, it started on the run up to Iraq but has never resettled.
I had a conversation a couple of weeks back with a group of friends who all basically laughed at the concept of the BBC being truthful

what happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/11184252/BBC-America-now-almost-half-owned-by-US-cable-company-AMC.html
whatdotheyknow.com/request/24249/response/61241/attach/html/4/RFI20091667 Disclosure document BBC Worldwide Statutory Accounts 0809.pdf.html
newstatesman.com/broadcast/2013/08/hard-evidence-how-biased-bbc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Networks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do foreigners see this?

the BBC was surely once at least half truthful?

>Most of my contemporaries are academics
>every one of them has given up on the BBC

sounds like diaspora, bbc couldn't keep up the pretence any longer.

Same with public television here in Germany.
Even my parents wouldn't trust them telling the correct date.

whats happening hans? its so easy to ignore the idiots because they suppose theres a one way dialogue to the brains of the masses still?

Until a fews years back I really enjoyed their nature documentations with David Attenborough, for example.
But over time the politically correct bullshit and the the blatant the BBC crammed into everything made it unwatchale.

>what happened?

simple, they had to pick a side, they picked rabid leftist sjw progressive side, they have been that way every since.

their garbage is extremely left biased which is a shame because they actually used to be the most based impartial news group out there, its been declining for several years now.

I see it as a cesspool of biased dogshit.

Change in leadership :)

Look up the names

look at these chinese cats, so cute, but they dont respect human rights and taiwan... bad cats? wtf?

Just the same as with the BBC - the pro-government propaganda has become so glaringly obvious to even the most naive of citizens.
One feels insulted by how stupid these government apparatchiks think the people are.

What? Source?

yes exactly, we used to be able to look at Fox during Bush and call Foul. now its way worse but its the BBC!

I used BBC as a main news source for years. It's not like it used to be.

Can anyone recommend a better news source? I liked the unbiasedness of the former BBC.

have a rare (you)

A headline now: "Could two people repopulate the earth?"

Guess the colour of the ones pictured (male and female).

Everything on TV is scripted propaganda, especially the news.

i live in hotels now travelling for work most weeks. NHK and CCTV and AJ balance off generally - just dont trust any single one

RT is not too bad unless its to do with russian interests - used to be hilarious

is this why? or is this just a meme?

>What happened to the BBC?

They went full SJW.

Used to be the very best, now it's pretty much unwatchable.

Reuters

Same, their wire section is quite useful for ongoing stories too.

not bad, but still shills

Had a way to fuck Leaf. Go on, shoo!

English, please

BBC (related)

You will note that left wingers hateboner BBC because it is ring wing imperialist propaganda. Right wingers hate the BBC because it's left wing communist propaganda. Its almost like people only notice and get outraged about the shows and speakers that don't fully align with their views and ignore the bits that do.

perhaps left wingers just realised theyre mainstream facists

That said it would be nice to have a comedy show that consists of more than just "dude, Donald Trump LMAO!" ...

Should we just stop paying this bullshit tv license?

Journalistic ethics were undermined for decades in the whole western world, but it went exponential after 9/11.

They're literally worthless shills, no edge intended, it's just a fact.

I knew a girl who worked at the BBC. She said everyone in the offices were expected to read the Guardian, if you came in with the Mail or Express you were ostracised. Also one guy got sacked for calling someone a prostitute rather than a sex worker in an email to the bosses.

Only lefties are morons perpetually racing in the oppression Olympics and we are objectively right in calling out the bbcs hardcore leftist agenda.

Here in Canada all the BBC ever show is shit about Africa. And not the true stuff like the entire continent is fucked because all the white people left and the niggers are too stupid to care for themselves, but Bob-Geldof-liberal-guilt-tier bullshit.

This isn't real r-right?

as long as mugs keep paying for a TV licence the BBC will continue to exist.
I haven't needed nor had a TV licence for about 7 years now.
Why would I? Everything I want to watch is on the internet and I don't watch live TV because why the fuck do I need to?
More than that I would never fund such a vile criminal lefty paedophile protecting EU cuck propaganda machine anyway.

o wait..... death of whites, are the bbc jews?

Yeah I hear them on the radio sometimes and it's literally 2 minutes of major news headlines and the next half an hour an interview about the struggles of a goat farmer in Zambia or some shit

I read BBC like I read RT news tbqh

well done BBC a fucking leaf sees through your shit!!

>what happened?
THIS is what happened:
telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/11184252/BBC-America-now-almost-half-owned-by-US-cable-company-AMC.html

"BBC America has just become much more American, after US cable television broadcaster AMC acquired a 49.9pc stake in the business"

NPR air BBC daily. So I guess many Americans like BBC.

I dont trust BBC, they have always seemed to be a sneaky left, which is the worst kind of left.

In the past 10 or so years I've never seen anything on the BBC that a left-winger would call right-wing propaganda

I dunno but one of my lefty friends thinks it pumps out right-wing propaganda.

The one who introduced the women mandatory for every episode of every programme was called Danny (((Cohen))).

Also this:
whatdotheyknow.com/request/24249/response/61241/attach/html/4/RFI20091667 Disclosure document BBC Worldwide Statutory Accounts 0809.pdf.html

newstatesman.com/broadcast/2013/08/hard-evidence-how-biased-bbc

It is perfectly possible for the BBC to be viciously pro-Tory and also left-wing

Is your friend Jeremy Corbyn?

no he's an actual commie, thinks Corbyn is a traitor to the Marxist cause.

Meet the owners. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMC_Networks

BBC used to have some interesting shortwave broadcasts. But they were cucked by the US right wing. Told to BTFO the radio and now its all right wing fundie nut jobs broadcasting.

nothing happened, why? white girls get BBC daily

your lefty is gonna be very sad soon

Lefties hate the BBC because they saw it as pro austerity (by reporting that the Tories are more economically literate than Labour) and by challenging Labours policies or unlimited borrowing

The BBC seems only to exist to show world affairs and issues but only from an islamic point of view. Recent cases in point that have turned me right off this news organisation.

Nice truck attack
> we talk to Ahmed whose daughter, studying to be a lawyer was one of the first to die in the 'incident'.

Cut to man screaming like an idiot while smacking himself in the head repeatedly literally telling us #notallmuslims

Trump presidential run
> the Donald is about to receive the nomination for the Republicans. We get comment from top British politicians concerned about what an immigrant anti muslim Trump will mean for the entire world.

20 minute interview with London mayor Khan who rants about the right being intolerant, hateful, uncaring. Unlike the left of course.

Refugees in Germany
> how are the refugees settling? Come with us as we visit Syrian families as they adjust to their new lives in the west. Visit a 'highly qualified' oncologist who is mopping floors in a German hospital. 'Tariq is upset but hopeful he can practice shortly. Unfortunately German authorities do not accept his Aleppo university qualifications. And while he speaks good English and French he finds he now has to learn German to live here.'

They then talk to this guy in English, can barely understand the fucker as he says 'I am professional doctor, four childrens, need food and money, mop floor not good, Germans not helpful for my situations, please help my childrens.'

Its a pity as I used to use BBC as my go to source for news. But their bias is now so blatant I can't stomach them without raging hard. Apparently most new employees are all liberal types; fags, sjws, non white.

Just look at that. That is indeed the eternal jew.

>but only from an islamic point of view

They also ran a story claiming the real victims of the Rotherham rape scandal was the innocent Muslims, who are now viewed with distrust

The bbc seems first in line to give the muslim point of view across. Was aware of their 'carefully sensitive' handling of the Rotherham rapes. All it said to me was they are non longer a news service, more an organisation that wants to put out bullshit public service announcements.

Yes. Not just you, but everybody in the UK. Right now!

Is she pretending to be a good goy up until more right wing governments get elected or did she mean what she say?

I think what happened is a sort of liberal fractionation. News organizations hire journalism majors and journalism majors come from increasingly liberal universities. These people then hire more like minded individuals and feed into their ideas.

This fractionation coupled with state sponsorship enhances the liberalization of media.

Which gives everyone a distorted view on what people in the real world really think. Somehow they're still surprised and shocked when brexitbhappens, trump is elected or people actually question the legal status if 'child' refugees.