What would happen if the Pope told everyone to start a new Crusade?

What would happen if the Pope told everyone to start a new Crusade?

Would shit actually go down?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9OfiUNWu9Uk
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_P7O.HTM
vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_P4N.HTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No. But if it was a non-faggot Pope I'd join in

The pope would suddenly die from natural causes. Everyone would talk about how senile and old he was afterwards.

catholicism = degeneracy

never trust the church, it corrupts people

just look at big catholic countries like brazil and mexico, completely corrupt because the catholic culture corrupts people's morality

Not a chance, Vatican City would be stormed by the Italian government in a heartbeat, the pope would be forcefully abdicated, and a cuckold pope installed.

It would mean fuckall without some organisation on Vaticans part. Templars were ordered to give up all their land and possessions to the benefit of the Temple before being allowed to join.

The only crusade the current pope would ask for is a crusade against European whites in order to make more lebensraum for the rapefugees.

The Templars are still around today.

Under a hidden order.

I'm more expecting the Pope to call to a crusade against bigotry, sexism and intolerance.

Pedo scandal courtesy of the CIA, pope abdicates, even more controlled opposition voted in his place. Fifteen more americans are appointed at the vatican bank.

Rinse repeat.

The majority of Catholics would simply ignore the exhortation as they do with all doctrine which they find inconvenient (i.e., contraception). Assuming the pope in question's election was universally recognised as canonical (unlike Francis among certain traditionalists), traditionalists with ultramontanist tendencies would probably answer the call. Others would reject the notion either over moral or pastoral grievances.

What would "go down" in actual fact is that the Church and its paramilitaries would be roundly condemned by the international community and most probably we would be going to our deaths for no particular reason. We would have neither the support of the majority of our fellow Catholics, nor the clergy, nor western society.

Half of western society is against Islam now.

Americans are allowed to go into war zones on their own muster and fight if they want to, as long as the government doesn't specifically ban the people they ally themselves with.

If the pope were uncucked he could probably wrangle a similar arrangement for selectively ordained people.

A church involved in realpolitik wouldn't work out very well in the modern political climate though. It would do more harm than good on the ideological level.by Criticisms of islam's inherent need for state sponsorship would be invalidated by a tu quoque argument from their apologists.

And half of western society is also vehemently anti-Catholic. If you want a brief snapshot of the western mentality towards the Church, particularly that of the youth, feel free to enter just about any Catholic discussion on Reddit (inb4 >Reddit) and you will quickly realise they place us and Islam in more or less the same category. The whole point of "the West" is that it is Christendom without Christ. In fact, a Christendom which has explicitly and adamantly abandoned and rejected Christ. Add to this the fact that the entire value system which is usually identified with the west is essentially a liberal value system, which is irreconcilable with the Faith as pointed out in the Syllabus of Errors, and it's little wonder why that is.

No, the Church has moved past the strength of its youth into decrepitude. We are not beyond hope but, unlike some of my brothers, I am cynical and so only look to God.

Protestantism is dead, catholics are the only group that have a growing number in the youth demographic. Demoralization tactics cannot outcompete population growth.

Nothing because catholics are cucks

And that is utterly meaningless if those youth are being poorly catechised, which they are unless they are SSPX, FSSP, or some other fraternity/society like the Oratorians with clear traditionalist leanings. Given what little information in terms of numbers has been published by these societies, we know beyond any doubt that those youth are not swelling our ranks.

Would you care to guess how many Church of Francis faithful would be willing to die and kill in the defense of orthodox Catholic Faith? I will give you a hint: it is around 0.

This pope is a twat and would be disregarded by most of Christendom.
That's a shame. Too bad they didn't appoint a pope who could rally us and MCGA

Francis is an american puppet memester. Nobody views him as representative of the church or its edicts. His will is going to be null and void once America's ability to force the horse they are backing into power wanes.

I'm talking about the rank and file catholic whose contact with the church is on the parochial level. For example, in my church in jew york as a kid the priest's liturgical reading was a selection about the avaricious nature of jews which did not recognize Jesus Christ. That was 10 years ago max.

nice mouse. Wanna trade?

>Nobody views him as representative of the church or its edicts
Kek. What planet are you living on? If by "nobody" you mean the majority of the clergy AND laity, fine.

I'm not sure if I'd use the word "puppet" exactly, but I would say he's something very near to that. Between the PASS, Card. Maradiaga, and Laudato Si' it is obvious that Soros and his foundation exert an influence over Francis. The question is whether or not Francis would act the way he acts were it not for Soros et al. Personally, I suspect he would.

>His will is going to be null and void
Yeah, I'm not so confident. People who think this way are usually the people who think Francis is the first of this wicked brood. JPII was just as bad and in some cases (i.e., ecumenism) worse.

>I'm talking about the rank and file catholic whose contact with the church is on the parochial level
I know what you're talking about and I'm telling you that you have a fundamental misconception of how things actually are. Traditionalists are the minority, here. We are not making great leaps and strides in our battle against modernism. We have, in fact, been fighting a losing battle since the war was officially declared in 1910.

>[...]about the avaricious nature of jews which did not recognize Jesus Christ.
And why don't you read Nostra Aetate and dig around for information on the Catholic response to it? The majority think it's a wonderful document and a landmark in Church history. That's how far out of the loop you apparently are.

This isn't defeatism in spite of what you charged me with before. This is pragmatism. Stop living in a fictional universe where man can undo the workings of Satan. It is God who is our only hope now and God alone. We can rely on His assurance and on that solely.

>Under a hidden order.
Pro tip: It's the US government ;)

already 1 going on: youtube.com/watch?v=9OfiUNWu9Uk

Sup Forums LARPers are cringey as they come, honestly. I bet at least 50% of them haven't gone to Mass in over a year and the other 50% aren't even Catholic.

>see flag
>ignore

More like:
>can't deny the charges
>meme
When's the last time you went to Mass, demi-Jew?

last year bud

And you have no problem committing the mortal sin of missing your Sunday obligation?

Right, precisely the sort of """""Catholic""""" I was referring to above.

Would the pope allow protestants to join? If so, sign me up!

Wouldn't happen under the current Pope. His strategy is to be all inclusive to grow the business - I mean religion.

Considering that there is a precedent for a crusade against heretics, I doubt it. If this scenario wasn't absurd before it surely is now.

>mortal sin of missing sunday mass

It's completely forgiven if you are actually defending the faith.

I know you are Chinese mate, but let me fill you in. Christianity has three blocks, however 2 of the three are weighted less then the third. These two are love and forgiveness, whilst the the third is justice.

True. The crusaders killed a lot more people than muzzies, including many other Catholics.

Well, that's a very nice opinion. Now let us refer to the CCC:

§2180 The precept of the Church specifies the law of the Lord more precisely: "On Sundays and other holy days of obligation the faithful are bound to participate in the Mass." "The precept of participating in the Mass is satisfied by assistance at a Mass which is celebrated anywhere in a Catholic rite either on the holy day or on the evening of the preceding day."

§2181 The Sunday Eucharist is the foundation and confirmation of all Christian practice. For this reason the faithful are obliged to participate in the Eucharist on days of obligation, unless excused for a serious reason (for example, illness, the care of infants) or dispensed by their own pastor. Those who deliberately fail in this obligation commit a grave sin.

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_P7O.HTM

And to be sure, let us also look at the Code of Canon Law:

§1247 On Sundays and other holy days of obligation, the faithful are obliged to participate in the Mass.

vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/_P4N.HTM

Notice that there is nothing about "defending the faith" here. EVERYONE is obliged to fulfill their Sunday obligation; in the case of those who fail to do so even for legitimate reasons, there are mitigating factors which may lessen the gravity of the sin but do not absolve them entirely of it.

>Christianity has three blocks
This isn't your vague, non-denominational heresy. This is the Catholic Faith. We have doctrines which are to be understood and obeyed. You don't get to do whatever you like because "it seems right" according to the heretical precept of private judgment.

>I know you are Chinese mate, but let me fill you in.
And, by the way, I'm not Chinese but this is a crude and rather pathetic attempt to insult me. The Catholics in China have been forced underground with virtually no support (and in fact only hindrance) from Francis. Their faith is currently embattled by their own government, which is attempting to subvert and control it to its own ends, and they have heroically resisted this in a way which secular westerners who know nothing about conviction or suffering for Christ could even imagine. You included. Watch your tongue. One among these people have shown more virtue in their brief and unglamourous existence than our entire generation.

early on the catlick church had payment plans to wash away my sins, too

I'd join up