Why don't planes fly over the antarctic?

why don't planes fly over the antarctic?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Do-any-airline-flights-fly-over-Antarctica
reuters.com/article/us-pope-orthodox-cuba-arrival-idUSKCN0VL26B5hBAP7FfJWTkI16Dj-g
express.co.uk/news/uk/558226/China-Argentina-falkland-islands-fighter-jets
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/12162705/Patriarch-Kirill-meets-penguins-in-Antarctica.html
theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/26/argentina-congress-china-satellite-space-station
edition.cnn.com/2016/03/15/americas/argentina-chinese-fishing-vessel/
reuters.com/article/us-obama-argentina-idUSKCN0W700Q
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-ranulph-fiennes-antarctic-trip-9038521
independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/antarctica-region-largest-marine-protected-area-ross-sea-a7384956.html
state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/11/264108.htm
nypost.com/2016/12/29/massive-anomaly-lurks-beneath-ice-in-antarctica/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Magnetic fields. Also why would they? Doesnt seem to make much difference mile wise.

Prevailing wind patterns. It's also a massive desolate wasteland, with less reprieve over habitable land than any other routes.

Have another look at this map

They do, from Argentina to Australia. Not much else down there though.

Because jet fuel can't melt steel beams

Because the establishment doesn't want to reveal that the world is flat

Also, OP, I literally copy and pasted your question, word for word, into google, and got explanations. I wish sage still worked.

quora.com/Do-any-airline-flights-fly-over-Antarctica

i remember reading that plane rutes trend to fly near populated ares in case of a mechanical failure.
its easier to land in some random airport than in the middle of the southern pole.
also water landings usually have no survivors.

sure just believe anything on the internet!

This. Retarded autists don't know how map projections work

then why the fuck you asking Sup Forums you fucking retard ?

Ok.... Still don't see a reason to fly over the south pole, maybe in some very rare flights on extreme to extreme, but on every other flight it's nonsensical.

>sure just belive anything on the internet!
>asks Sup Forums

not enough flight traffic between south america and australia to make planes large enough to handle flying over the antarctic economical.

they do i actually went on a sightseeing flight one time

fought real hard to get my money back

I'm an aerospace engineer, so go fuck yourself.

sage does work idiot

>ETOPS rules cover where twin-engine jets can fly. Antarctica is considered off-limits for twin-engine jets even though it's technically "land". This isn't a real roadblock since there are a good number of 4-engine jets that don't need to abide by ETOPS, but it limits the type of plane that theoretically could fly there and thus rules out all but the largest jets
>government regulations forbid it, even though that makes no sense even by their standards

This apparently counts as an "explanation"?

That's his point, monkey

The vast majority of civilization is Northern
Like if Australia and Tierra del Feugo was the foundation of civilization, then yeah, we'd fly over Antarctica

But right now, it's Europe and America and China.
So it's all over the North Pol

I've seen your posting a lot tonight, Isle of Man fag

Are you like visiting or something?

It's a supplementary explanation. It has to do with survival equipment in case of a crash landing, if you'd read further down.

it does make sense, because on most land an emergency landing wouldn't mean everyone dies. But you are guaranteed to be frozen alive if you land on antarctica, so it is different from normal land.

Valid reason for that, though I think something's going on

>February
>Pope and head of Russian Orthodoxy (Patriarch Kirill) meet. First time this has happened in 962 years.
reuters.com/article/us-pope-orthodox-cuba-arrival-idUSKCN0VL26B5hBAP7FfJWTkI16Dj-g

>February
>China and Argentina announce new economic deal including purchase of Chinese fighter jets, huge Chinese investment in Argentine railways, nuclear plants, dams
express.co.uk/news/uk/558226/China-Argentina-falkland-islands-fighter-jets

>February
>Russian Orthodoxy head visits Antarctica, shortly after meeting Pope. First time a Russian Orthodox leader has ever been to the continent.
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/12162705/Patriarch-Kirill-meets-penguins-in-Antarctica.html

>February
>Chinese government reveals it has built a 'satellite/ space exploration' base in Southern Argentina, the first such installation to be built off of Chinese soil.
theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/26/argentina-congress-china-satellite-space-station

>March
>Argentine government report they sank a “Chinese fishing boat,” near a restricted area off the coast of Southern Argentina.
edition.cnn.com/2016/03/15/americas/argentina-chinese-fishing-vessel/

>March
>Barack Obama visits Bariloche, in Southern Argentina.
reuters.com/article/us-obama-argentina-idUSKCN0W700Q

>October
>Sir Ranulph Fiennes (famous Everest climber) planned to travel to Antarctica. Government stops him.
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sir-ranulph-fiennes-antarctic-trip-9038521

>October
>Every nation with rights to Antarctica signs a treaty banning fishing in Antarctica for the next 35 years.They say the reason is to save the Chilean sea bass.
independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/antarctica-region-largest-marine-protected-area-ross-sea-a7384956.html

>November
>John Kerry visits Antarctica
state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/11/264108.htm

It's like I gravitate here whenever a single shitpost can expend the energies of your compatriots

I think kek guides us all

Antarctica is a secret weapon research facility. There is a reason most countries aren't throwing a hissyfit that UK has claimed a huge chunk of Antarctica.

>Chilean sea bass.

Ummm. I think you'll find it's called the Patagonian Toothfish

The only and single true answer to this question on Sup Forums is obviously that planes don't fly over the south pole because nazi UFO's with super aryan inner earth beings will attack all airplanes crossing over its opening.

Alternatively a giant robot developed by black budget military operations like from that movie pacific rim will rise up out of the ocean and attack the plane as well.

Because there aren't any flights that need to fly over it.
The only flight path that would skirt the edge of Antarctica would be South Africa to New Zealand, in which it's more economical to just have a layover in Australia.

They do fly research planes over Antarctica, but there's no reason to fly commercial planes over it.

Preaching to the choir, bud

The art of effort to (you)s is a Canadian expertize

Canadia wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the new production line of latina-ish demisexual Problem girls

This will happen

Come on Man, if you're going to shitpost us, at least say "Asian-ish"
There are no Latinas here
Too cold
They die off in the winter

We're invaded by Asians, not Mexicans

By the way, if you ever want to go on vacation, come to Newfoundland. You'll fit right in.
Get shitfaced with a couple o' b'ys in Gander.

Go away F-35

>We're invaded by Asians, not Mexicans
After millenial cosmetic surgeries and hair dye I don't think you can make a good distinction with mongrels anymore pham

Nip and pussy colour tells them apart.
Can't change that

You fucking niggers, take a globe, if you don't have one buy it on amazon.
Take a piece of string, and then try to connect any major city with eachother, and tell me which path is the shortest

it's too cold

>shitbrown half between white
>shitbrown half between white
>I can tell errytiem

Delusional

not enough reason to
no one is flying between argentina and new zealand

I'm saying only whites have pink nips and flaps

You can always tell ancestry that way
Even if they got brown eyes and hair, pink nips give it away every time

Probably not enough demand to fly from Argentina to Australia directly. And the risk of killing every passenger if the plane has a forced landing in the middle of Antartica...
Oh, I forgot this was Sup Forums and everything is a conspiracy with the jews behind it.

Probably has to do with the fact that Antarctica is very fucking cold, and if a plane had an emergency landing there, people could die of hypothermia in just a few hours.

Because the Earth is FLAT

ETOPS regulations most likely

Admiral Byrd discussed the lessons learned from the operation in an interview with Lee van Atta of International News Service held aboard the expedition's command ship the USS Mount Olympus. The interview appeared in the Wednesday, March 5, 1947 edition of the Chilean newspaper El Mercurio and read in part as follows:

Admiral Richard E. Byrd warned today that the United States should adopt measures of protection against the possibility of an invasion of the country by hostile planes coming from the polar regions. The admiral explained that he was not trying to scare anyone, but the cruel reality is that in case of a new war, the United States could be attacked by planes flying over one or both poles. This statement was made as part of a recapitulation of his own polar experience, in an exclusive interview with International News Service. Talking about the recently completed expedition, Byrd said that the most important result of his observations and discoveries is the potential effect that they have in relation to the security of the United States. The fantastic speed with which the world is shrinking – recalled the admiral – is one of the most important lessons learned during his recent Antarctic exploration. I have to warn my compatriots that the time has ended when we were able to take refuge in our isolation and rely on the certainty that the distances, the oceans, and the poles were a guarantee of safety.

Because it's cold, you daft fuck.

what is project 'highjump' for 200 alex?

Why the fuck wouldnt the captain fly straight forwards, why is he flying like in a circle???

kinda rare

Ayy lmaos

what if we arent on a real planet at all? what if the "earth" is just a self contained interplanetary ship itself

we be truman show.

makes you think

wtf I hate pol now.

>I wish sage still worked.
It still works the same as it always has.

It isn't and never was a "downvote". It was a way to call OP a faggot without bumping the thread. That's it.

>implying we live on a globe

explains where the "gods" came from and the lost city of atlantis.

I can never tell if these posts are serious or not

I was driving through the prairies last year, and Edmonton's tallest buildings off in the distance were barely visible over the ground.

I feel like flat earthers have never been to a place that's flat.

1. Doesn't save mileage unless you're flying from southern Argentina/Chile to Australia/New Zealand

2. You crash in Antarctica, you are 100% screwed. At least in the arctic, there are boats and military posts that can send rescue teams pretty quick.

3. You want to fly over Antarctica, you are free to buy a plane and do so.

we actually might live in a concave earth, look it up

ha, fuck off FEIDF!

everyone else, prepare for the final redpill

Cause if you fly over the pole you spin around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around and around

Because aliens

be god power, ":That earth region is givign us problem again sir, orders sir?"

isolate and contain. Nuke major portions of it and cut them off from the energy grid for a few centuries"
"We will starve them all out and start over?"
"Yes, thats the crux of it" " then send in a platoon to re assess it, Send Corpral Hitlers team in in 100001932 to be assimulated"

"wake me in 100002500"
"Yes sir"

> If saucers are flat, why aren't cups?

I feel like the whole flat earth thing is just one autists challenge to himself to see if he can make Sup Forums believe anything he wants by samefagging it over and over thus proving how retarded Sup Forums really is (which it is)

how naive

agree but wouldnt it be soimething if we were all just passengers on some eon old voyage and earth in its deepest core is a AI machine keeping us , the flora , alive.

Harsh winds, if you crash/mechanical failure/need to refuel youre fucked x100000

FLAT EARTH CONFIRMED NASAKEKS BTFO

It's a projection map kike

If he was just samefagging it that would be pretty retarded since he's got the extra flag extension on so you can recognize him.

There are alien bases set up the govt doesn't want us to know about

That... that's the wrong pole. And a shit projection.

Christ, leaf, return to scale doesn't factor in this. Regardless if a single flight a year went from Chile to Australia, the soundest decision would be taken, given fuel consumption and risk of crash etc.

If you were to stand on either of the polls, would you get really fucking dizzy?

My dad works for nintendo

Why are the lines curved?

it's an Australian poster normally

Mostly due to weather conditions. Not only being a hazard while youre in the air, In the event of a crash in the antarctic any survivors would freeze to death long before a rescue could be mounted.

It's illegal.

Pilot here. It's to do with radar coverage. IFR flights are monitored, even over the ocean. Can't get electronics to work in some parts of the Antarctic due to magnetic fields

Inhospitable weather conditions and climate instability.

>crash on land or in ocean
>possibility of survival
>crash in the middle of antarctica
>certainty of death

simple

That proves flat earth wrong completely, if the earth was flat then how come plan projections or ships move in a curviture?

Because the planes would get rekt by the extra gravity you stoopid.

nypost.com/2016/12/29/massive-anomaly-lurks-beneath-ice-in-antarctica/

Scientists believe a massive object that could change our understanding of history is hidden beneath the Antarctic ice.

Flying over the North Atlantic is just as much as a death sentence as flying over the Antarctic
You crash in the Atlantic, you're dead, no matter if you survive the crash itself.
Cold water = death

As a warm living monkey, I don't blame you for not knowing this. But if water is like 10C, you die within hours. That doesn't seem cold does it? With around 2~C water like the Atlantic is, you die within minutes

I don't blame you, equatorial monkey. Here, we learn that cold water kills you faster than a knife in the gut.

But you get my point.
If planes can fly over the North Atlantic, they'd fly over Antarctica for the same risk

Not sure if trolling, but what about how it's dark 24/7 for months of the year, and 24/7 light for months of the year in the far north?

that would be fucking cool

If the earth was flat, why would they fly in curves?

Personally, I think the Jews are hiding something in Antarctica.

planes have life rafts