36 Rafale warplanes not enough, need at least 200: IAF chief

>Outgoing Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha on Wednesday said the 36 Rafale warplanes ordered from France for $8.7 billion (₹60,000 crore) are not enough.

>India needs at least 200 such fighter jets to sharpen its military edge, he added.

>"The Rafale is an excellent aircraft and it will prove its worth in any campaign," he said.

hindustantimes.com/india-news/iaf-chief-arup-raha-says-36-rafale-warplanes-not-enough-india-needs-at-least-200-fighter-jets/story-K31R9Mt7KGUNMfgKJTD24I.html?utm_source=inshorts&utm_medium=inshorts_full_article&utm_campaign=inshorts_full_article

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_AMCA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_AURA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Light_Combat_Helicopter
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi/HAL_FGFA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano#Specifications_.28EMB_314_Super_Tucano.29
airway.uol.com.br/em-treinamento-da-fab-caca-f-5-enfrenta-super-tucano/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just buy more of these and call it a day. Don't waste your time buying surrender monkey shit. It will be armed with white flags instead of missiles during a time of war.

That is what Russia does at least.

So you have given up on your ambitions of a domestically produced fighter?

About time. What is it now, a 30 year project with no results?

>buying monkey-model paper planes

P O O I N L O O

>they fell for the Rafale meme
kek

Everyone else, including straya, is also buying our downgraded export model.

You import, you lose.

Gripens are shit-tier.

Worse airframe than a Mirage-2000.

The only thing that is good on the Gripen are the American engines, kind of like Embraer planes.

We bought Gripen SS because of scale cost + tech to build ourselves (lel). Literally no reason to go with frogplane.

In fairness unless Australia is in an active state of war we do not need >100 functional fighter aircraft. There is no where near the demand for us to viably produce a domestic fighter aircraft.

India on the other hand needs a greater level of permanent readiness given their hostile neighbors.

I agree, also that's our own missile. We need to make them more.

Actually no

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_AMCA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRDO_AURA

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Tejas

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HAL_Light_Combat_Helicopter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi/HAL_FGFA

>Buying inferior French planes instead of F-35

A very poor decision.

Don't you dare shittalk our Embraer, A29s will rule the world!

You are not letting Lockheed Martin make F-35 in India and Modi government is pushing for make in India.

36 Rafales were for the immediate need of a fighter jet capable to doing a nuclear strike due to the rising tensions with China and Pookistan

I like that guys sash across his uniform or whatever it is. Looks smart

Oh, I know.

I am just baffled that India chose the Raffles over F-18s. I am confident that our export model can't be worse than Rafales.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embraer_EMB_314_Super_Tucano#Specifications_.28EMB_314_Super_Tucano.29

Wholly fuck, even your turboprop planes are powered by American engines. Can you not even make those?

> Superpower in 2020
> Demonetizes 85% of its currency in 1 day without notice or preparation
> Hours of queues outside ATMs

Poo in Loo Logic.

Ok. I amend my original statement. 30 years of India trying to produce a domestic fighter has resulted in 16 (mostly prototype) outmoded aircraft and 4 functional helicopters.

At least you still have the super tucano's. They are a good plane compared to what was available in the mid 1940s.

>buying any kind of French machinery

owned a Renault once, for 2 years before getting rid of it

worst experience of my life, never ever again

How about you make more threads about your poo in loo money like you did 11 hours ago.

Indeed, good AESTHETIC perception, Brit.
They did a very sad thing recently, an exercise of them against F5s airway.uol.com.br/em-treinamento-da-fab-caca-f-5-enfrenta-super-tucano/
Literally a "everyone gets a medal" kind of thing...

India never had any aircraft industry, we builded Tejas from Scratch, it was the engine that took most of that time. By the time a proto-type was ready to test there was a need to add more modern equipment to avoid making a technological obsolete program.

I did