Was she the most overrated death of 2016, Sup Forums?

>Steve Martin received backlash for a tribute he paid to Carrie Fisher on Twitter.

>On Tuesday, the comic wrote in a since-deleted tweet, "When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well."

>Media outlets and fans immediately turned on the comedian saying Martin’s tweet had a sexist undertone.

Yeah, yeah, old news, but can we all agree that Fisher is/was overrated as hell and deserved to be taken by Kek? Princess Leia was her biggest role, and literally any other woman in Hollywood could have played her. Fisher was, at most, a good-looking actress, but not a special or memorable one.

Was she the Lena Dunham of her time?

She's just that dumb whore who was jabba's pet...I mean WHATS THE BIG FUCKING DEAL MAN

I'd say so. She only stayed in the spotlight after Star Wars because of her problems with mental illness and drugs.

Of course it was overrated.
Because a new Star Wars movie had just come out and they capitalized on her death to hype up Star Wars hysteria/nostalgia for a marketing ploy.

She was an irrelevant actress and people saying she deserves her own star in Hollywood are full of shit.

I get why we bumped her off.

Did we have to kill her mother too though? I found that troubling.

No, not most overrated.

Star Wars is overrated too. Carrie herself found that to be true as well. Star Wars, puppets in space, WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL MAN?

Honestly didn't understand the meltdown. She was in a really good trilogy from the 70s-80s. What else did she do? David Bowie, Prince, and Ali, I can understand. Not so much with her.

She died of a heart attack. Then her mother dies soon afterwards. What did she know?

>What else did she do?

Coke.

She had a coke addiction and liked to smoke a lot.

Her bit part in The Blues Brothers is still one of my favorites.

>all my jewbook friends "crying" over the death of their "idol"
>a cokehead who starred in a sci fi series literally created to take money from you
At least saltmining tears from Trump's victory was fun

Literally nothing. Her last "big" role was playing a minor character in When Harry Met Sally. Kenny Baker had a more accomplished career than this dyke.

She looked like she was rode hard and hung up wet.

I used to see Steve Martin at a dog park in Chicago. He was with a girl who was about 25 and the dog was obviously her's.

I used to wonder how many times a day people walked up to him and innocently said "You used to be funny." I saw it a couple of times.

Carrie Fisher was a massive coke whore during the shooting of the Star Wars movies. It doesn't surprise me that she died of a heart attack. She was REALLY open/vocal about the shit tons of drugs and sex she had.

That being said, she was pretty hot for an 70's/80's movie star when everyone else was looking haggered as fuck.

The only good thing she did was inspire Paul Simon to write Graceland; objectively the best pop album of all time

That dog grew up to be Hitler.

The end.

Literally nobody even thought about her except when a new Star Wars movie came out. That was at most once a year.

Social media has taken the authenticity out of everything. It's even made grief, which is about the only thing that unites people now that religion has died, competitive, tacky and cheap.

i quite liked david bowie
sucks he had some deal with swimming pool satan