Get accepted into semi-elite engineering university (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)

>get accepted into semi-elite engineering university (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute)
>can't get approved for a student loan because my credit rating is only 686 and Stafford loans don't quite cut it
>can't get a parent PLUS loan because I'm older than twenty five
>too expensive to pay out of pocket

I know that Sup Forums isn't my personal blog, but I'm distraught that I'm being forsaken on account of a combination of my race/class. I feel like they're telling me to go back home to my bedbugs and start that opiate addiction because I'm fundamentally valueless.

I want to go on the warpath because I'm angry. Failing that, I want to kill myself. I want to quit my job and go on some kind of NEETbux. I know Trump won't countenance that. But I don't think he'll be acting in the interest of people like me, either.

Am I the only one here who is depressed here?

You are the only reason your credit rating isn't higher.

Have your parents co-sign your loan if they have a good credit score.

>You are the only reason your credit rating isn't higher.
>Have your parents co-sign your loan if they have a good credit score.

They have excellent credit and they, too, got rejected due to "low income."

Look into Pell (Bell?) Grants, they are for low income families.

I'm getting one. But it's not enough. I'm leaving like 13k / semester on the table.

Also just call or email your school's student aid department and tell them about your situation and if you could get some financial aid and/or help in find other ways to finance your education.

You can also work out a payment plan generally. Might mean you have to work during school but if that's what you need to do that's what you need to do.

Go to a cheaper community college and become a java eclipse codemonkey.
You will make the same amount of money that way.

I'm going to go in person when they open on Tuesday. The only bad thing on my credit report is I've got a credit card that's near being maxed out. I can work it off in a couple of months and defer my acceptance by a semester.

That's if they let me, I mean. Honestly I'm worried I will get told to pound sand for being a poor white man

Have you tried getting a federal loan?

Get a fucking job. Join the military. Save up money. Get your education in a few years. You fucking whiny entitled faggot.

They are generally pretty generous with financial aid. Although yeah you might need to defer a semester. Consider finding a better job during that time that has flexible hours for when you are in school. If you aren't already living with your parents (probably the opposite advice all these Pollacks would give you), consider moving back home to cut costs for now. You need to really cut back as much as possible.

I've got a job. It's just a very expensive school and no amount of saving, military included, will get me in the door before I'm in my forties.

I'd be willing to defer a semester but I'm going to cry like a bitch if they make me "reapply." That just means I'm going to be rejected.

Feels bad

ROTC might not be that bad of an idea honestly, they give good educational aid for a few years of guaranteed job experience not a bad trade off.

The GI bill will pay for your schooling. Quit being a whiny little faggot. Go to another school if you must. In the long term the school you attended will have a minimal effect on your career assuming you arent a retarded faggot.

Youre such a whiny faggot though I suspect you dont fall into the it wont matter category.

jesus christ , u are not ment to be highly educated if u are that dumb to take a fucking loan in burgerland and be indebt for the rest of your slave life.In Pooland we have 'free' education that soon wont be so free when our budget dries out hopefuly (we dont need more language majors or historians that are jobless prospects). I had to fucking pay my way though university, something that 95% of our population is unable to do because i come from the family that knows how to handle money and i would never consider taking a fucking loan for something u can literaly change your mind after 1 year.

So u are pretty much set at where u should be.Retards taking loans from jews are the fucking gears in zionist money machine, without u we would be free of all this consumerist gibsmedatfreemoney shit.

>GI bill will pay for your school

i lmao'd, GI doesn't do shit

I'm transferring from a local community college with a 3.69 GPA (decent, but imperfect); I worked through the entire time I was there. I really want to go to this school. I've been putting in my effort for literally years.

Telling me that I should not have the option to go purely because I'm poor isn't just heartbreaking, it's radicalizing. If this is your answer, no wonder men like me "drop out" of society.

Hey, RPI guy here.

RPI's cool and all but at the end of the day it's about the experience, internships, and connections. RPI is by no means Ivy League so you can't really coast on that.

State college may be the answer. If you're from New York I hear some of the SUNYs have great engineering programs.

Then again I'm a CS-fag so what do I know.

Yes it does. It pay'd for my school on top of giving me almost 2k a month in living expenses. Sorry you're a retarded fucking faggot.

Stay strong bro. Plenty of people in worse situation than yours.
Imagine living with alchoholic father, where am i supposed to finish my master thesis. I have to be maid, have to cook and clean. Life is pain but it will pay off.

post your letter of acceptance and your fees

I literally 100% truthfully do not believe you

(this is a /leftypol/ raid thread you b8ed retards, sage)

I'm a CS guy too. I'm just kind of despondent that, yet again, I need to "compromise" and "be less entitled" purely based on my class background. I'm not really a commie, but it makes me want to do some Lenin shit. It makes me want to lash out, or commit suicide, or both. Not only is this unfair, but I'm learning more and more that my decisions do not matter. I want off this ride.

this, just go to state schools. but i'd recommend leaving that shit hole state at the first opportunity

Anyone that cosigns a college loan, parent or not, is an absolute retard. Do not TOUCH them. They can't be discharged under any circumstance, including death, and it will fall back on you. The risk is way too high.

What's my alternative? Opiate addiction and bed bugs, which is the fate my parents suffered? I want to escape that so bad.

God damn. You fucking burgers are such whiny faggots. You're poor. Deal with it. Poor people need to put up with shit, that's the game. It's a motivator. Do good, work hard, make money, give your children opportunities not afforded to you.

You all make me fucking sick. Saging this faggot thread.

You posted this the other day. Have you talked to your school's financial aid department yet?

If the investment is worth for an engineering major for example it's worth it. By the end of my education I know for a fact I'll be roughly 100k in debt. I don't care though because I know my starting salary on the low end will be around 60k. Therefore I see it as a necessary investment for which yeah it will cost money and if I was a liberal arts major I would be worried but being engineering I don't give a shit. Especially now that I'll have three summers of manufacturing experience under my belt. Plus probably at least two job offers ready by the time I graduate.

Your fated to opiate addiction and suicide? You are a weak, sad little man. You control your future. How is killing yourself going to stick it to the man? How hard is it to not start doing drugs?

Bed bugs? Well, that's another problem that is probably gonna cost more than the tuition to fix.

I can't until Tuesday and it's eating me up. I'm losing sleep and shit. I can't get it off my mind.

I've been reassured that financial aid offices deal with situations like mine regularly and can help if they're so inclined. I really hope they are.

this is a /leftypol/ raid thread, trying to start a discussion about "muh free school".-- ie they're trying to subvert.

inb4 OP:

>uhh yeah i unno guys maybe karl marx was right le proletariet are keeping me down uhh, maybe that's the problem with the world it's those damn proletariet hurr durr

kys faggot @ op

Have you tried Federal DIRECT loans? My understanding is they're like parent plus but through you, not your parents.

Otherwise my advice would be to talk to the financial aid department. My application for loans got denied a number of times too, and they walked me through the process. My problem wasn't bad credit but ymmv.

let's see here, it says on your application that you are highly intelligent, and probably mature since you are 25...hmm, oh my, how is a mature intelligent person able to fuck up his credit score? drugs? nose candy? well, please go apply at mcdonalds, pay your bills on time, and check back with us in two to three years when you get your life back on track. and go to church every sunday, as well.

>inb4 sob story.

>Plus probably at least two job offers ready by the time I graduate.

You must be a low-income black woman that immigrated from east-africa.

Consider looking into manufacturing jobs. Everywhere I have worked companies are looking for young dedicated employees. Work a few years there and if you are living with your parents and don't spend your money unwisely you should be able to save up enough money.

White cis male.

I don't do any drugs. The opiate addiction and bed bugs narrative is figurative; I've got neither. But I grew up around people who did. If I'm denied forever, will I succumb to similarly degenerate behavior? Is this what drives people to that? Sup Forums is a form of escapism unto itself. I'm so sad right now that I seriously doubt my own strength of character.

Yeah talk to financial aid, they helped me when my shit got denied a few times.

My problem wasn't bad credit, but ymmv. They obviously want the money from having you go there so don't worry on that front if you're already accepted.

>
>this is a /leftypol/ raid thread, trying to start a discussion about "muh free school".-- ie they're trying to subvert.
>inb4 OP:
>>uhh yeah i unno guys maybe karl marx was right le proletariet are keeping me down uhh, maybe that's the problem with the world it's those damn proletariet hurr durr
>kys faggot @ op

Fuck communism. I get that life is unfair. I'm not demanding free shit. I just want to find practical advice or catharsis through bitching on the Internet. Fuck off you tinfoil stormfaggot.

post your letter of acceptance and your fees.

also this thread is off topic

College is gay and useless. Avoid it.

Actually I've got "Fair" credit that's bordering on "Good." I can fix this problem in a few months by paying down the one detail that's got my credit there. I'm just crossing my fingers they let me defer to that end.

brah, by this time u should have your eyes already wide opened.Our society (wherever u live) is slowly collapsing, unfortunatley u are not from a family that has a tradition of attending universities it seems so getting your ass there is a difficult endaevour. I would also like to be in the 'elite'(with connection in right places etc) but it would take extreeme work and dedication on my part (plus degrading myslef with kneebending and shit i wont put up with) that i wont take because in the end its not worth it.Your gpa is nothing much, just a cluster of imaginary education 'standards' that will figure on your diploma in the end, but that is what we call education nowadays, u will realise that it is worthless in comparison with that of your parents generation soon enough. Its sad that u put so much work and cant get anywhere when i was around children of wealthy doctors that were more stupid than a farm animals and yet they got their diploma.Its just as the world is right now, efforts are second rate at best, its still better than being born in india lower caste tho but not very uplifting.

ps. dont think that only poor people drop out of society

DO YOU THINK THE SYSTEM FUCKING GIVES A SHIT ABOUT THE LOWER CLASS?!?!??!!?

PROTIP: IT DOESN'T

QUESTION IS ARE YOU GOING TO BE A GOOD LITTLE PROLE AND TAKE IT UP THE ASS OR ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. NOW IS NOT THE TIME BUT REMEMBER 2017 IS THE HUNDRED YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE OCTOBER REVOLUTION. THERE ARE MILLIONS LIKE YOU IN THE U.S.

LEAVE BEHIND THE IDEA THAT THIS SYSTEM GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOU OR IS IN ANY WAY NOT A TOOL OF CLASS OPPRESSION.

This. Quit yer bitchin. Go to a state school or community college for a few years, somewhere your credits will transfer. Pay for 2 years at RPI instead of 4. Or go elsewhere.
No one feels bad for you.

inb4 OP:

>wow this guy might actually be onto something! that could actually work! what do you guys think????

you're a fucking retard and that's why you're not going to a prestigious college

>claims to be a cis white male
>has the victim complex of a tumblrina
Sup Forums everybody

They haven't issued a real bill yet. Only "estimates"

Fuck off /leftypol/ I'm not getting roped into your Antifa faggotry.

I don't get this. You're in America, right? You have a job, you said. You know you don't need iPhones and 55" TVs and new cars and and gadgets and stuff, right? I know teenagers out of higheschool on minimum wage jobs that manage just fine by simply driving paid-off cars and buying off-brand cereal. It's not like your life is over. Just because most of america has $1000 phones (and $20,000 of debt) doesn't mean you have to. You can be comfortably out of drug-addiction/bed bug territory by working full time at McDonalds, relative to what the rest of the world deals with.

I don't get what standard your holding yourself up to. But you gotta understand this "American Dream" that most people live is a sham. Everyone is in debt and miserable, and our shiny toys are only standard on our shores. Most of the world is lucky if they have have tablets and wifi.

Sounds to me like you're depressed because you're spoiled and want it all *now* - which is a mystery since you claim to be raised poor.

listen Chang the only reason your even in Canada is because Deng Xiaoping betrayed the working class.

If you are a true-blooded Canadian (unlikely). Then I feel bad for you getting cucked on real estate by Chang while your prime minister dances with gays as a way to distract from the total lack of economic policy agenda. Should have voted for Mulcair, dumbass.

I don't have a new phone. I don't have a big television manufactured in the last five years. I don't own a car.

I'm actually motivated more by the prestige than I am material goods. I want to prove to my hometown that I can hack it. That I can overcome where I came from. Nothing will tell them that like graduating from a real college. Basically, I want to prove them wrong.

Of course I'd like to make enough money to pay off the loans in a timely fashion. But that's secondary to me.

>I'm not really a commie, but it makes me want to do some Lenin shit

welp never mind I inb4d too late

just kill yourself my 'rade

also you're transferring from a community college? why were you at a community college in the first place? are you a big dummy after all?

> not having free education
feels good living in a industrialized country

>you can't sympathize with leftist economic thought while understudying that it's futile

you're lying, my credit score was worse than yours and I still got enough bread to go to law school

You are such a fucking classcuck.
unironically go join the army like the good little untermensch you know you are.

that is why the army exists, to entice young proles into fighting for the ruling class.

If you die on a battlefield in Turkey while your sub-90 iq commander yells DEUS VULT! While charging into machine guns. Know that it will be a gain for the working class to lose a class traitor like you.

Maybe I'm just retarded and did the paperwork wrong. How much was your tuition?

Fuck off /leftypol/. I sympathize with Bernouts but I'm not one. I know that my suffering is necessary but I'm still free to bitch about it

The way to bring cheaper, and maybe even free one day, college to the US is to boot out all illegal immigrants, boot out most of the non-whites, stop non-white immigration, end diversity quotas, end affirmative action.

Those things above have contributed enormously to the rising costs of education.

Yeah. Well. I can't come up with tuition. I definitely can't change national policy.

Too bad then! Once you've given up all hope, go out blazing and take your anger out on those who fucked you over.

I've got an airforce buddy that's living off of the GI bill right now. He's going to university to get a mathematics degree and the GI is paying for it all. Of course, he's going to one of the cheapest universities in the US, but at the end of the day you don't need a degree from an Ivy League to get into a lucrative industry.

I'm not going to go on a rampage. I don't like hurting people, even if I'm dealing with soul crushing existential crisis

>I'm not going to go on a rampage. I don't like hurting people

Yep, and that's what allowed us to get fucked over so badly.

being motivated by prestige will make your life dependant of it in future, its a lowly goal in life.I hate people whos work/education 'becomes' integral and main part of their lives and thats what 'higher education prestige' does. Have a 'friend' doctor who was recently diagosed with Sclerosis Multiplex and he is that kind of person who lives his job prestige, the sheer tought of him being unable to perform surgeries and being cast away from being a doctor scares him so much that he is hiding his illness from his peers but soon that will be not possible. You are going to be that kind of person if this is what motivates u, and that unfortunately IS the 'poor' person mindset.

I see. I didn't immedietly recognize it as a leftypol thread. My bad.

>Leftypol Thread
>Sage
>Leftypol Thread
>Sage

> (You)
>>I'm not going to go on a rampage. I don't like hurting people
>Yep, and that's what allowed us to get fucked over so badly.

Trust me, pic related would be gratifying, but let's get real. The kind of behavior in question exacerbates problems. It doesn't solve them.

>college loans are the worst because they can't be discharged
Found the retard.

I got accepted into RPI too man, they even gave me a scholarship, but it wasn't near enough. RPI has way too ridiculous of a price, you should consider other engineering colleges around here that don't cost 60k a year.

> (You)
>being motivated by prestige will make your life dependant of it in future, its a lowly goal in life.I hate people whos work/education 'becomes' integral and main part of their lives and thats what 'higher education prestige' does. Have a 'friend' doctor who was recently diagosed with Sclerosis Multiplex and he is that kind of person who lives his job prestige, the sheer tought of him being unable to perform surgeries and being cast away from being a doctor scares him so much that he is hiding his illness from his peers but soon that will be not possible. You are going to be that kind of person if this is what motivates u, and that unfortunately IS the 'poor' person mindset.

Then what the fuck do I spend my limited time in this Earth doing? If not materialism, and not accomplishment, then what? Sit around reading Evola and lifting? What's the fucking point of living?

>The kind of behavior in question exacerbates problems. It doesn't solve them.

You don't know shit faggot.

Jihadists been suicide bombing for years and years, blowing our towers up and shit. Now they're getting marched into Europe like they're fucking royalty.

The point of living is to leave a better world for your country and YOUR people

>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage

You sound like a little bitch.

> (OP) (You)
>I got accepted into RPI too man, they even gave me a scholarship, but it wasn't near enough. RPI has way too ridiculous of a price, you should consider other engineering colleges around here that don't cost 60k a year.

That's the exact boat I'm in. Tuition is like 25k but I got like 15k from scholarships/Pell/Stafford.

Private banks just don't think I'm work the risk for the remaining 10k. Feels shit.

T. Chang

looks like you have no balls and no dignity.
You can take a huge payday loan and buy a one-way ticket to some other country. and try to discover yourself or just survive
or
join the army
or
go back to working a mcjob
or
become a scammer/cyberpunk, buy credit card info from Russians, or some other shit
or
just learn some programming on your own and try to get a codemonkey job, codemonkey jobs don't require a CS degree

Trump is cutting welfar u should have done programming
At age 17 i was making 2-5k a month making shtty sites now im so good i made up to 25 extra k a month on top of my monthly salery, i can make more but it all depends on how much i want to work

Stafford loans DO cut it and if they don't, get a fucking job you lazy fuck!

>The point of living is to leave a better world for your country and YOUR people
that is in contradiction to capitalism, you idiot.

> (OP) (You)
>Trump is cutting welfar u should have done programming
>At age 17 i was making 2-5k a month making shtty sites now im so good i made up to 25 extra k a month on top of my monthly salery, i can make more but it all depends on how much i want to work

I'm in programming

No, I'm a high school dropout who's wearing a big ol' smile 90 percent of the time.

The fact that you would think about killing yourself for not being able to go to college is some of the gayest shit I've ever heard.

What an entitled little prick you are.

You wouldn't want to be at RPI anyway, You want to know why the price is so high? They have a batshit insane black woman president who keeps building unnecessary buildings which of course comes straight from tuition. I'm not joking, look it up.

How is suicide entitled? It's my life. I'm free to do what I want with it. If anybody is entitled, it's the people who simultaneously regard me as valueless yet want to keep me around anyway for some reason

>he doesn't have rich parents that paid his tuition for him
>hes not debt free with an excellent credit score
LOL
O
L

I've heard a lot of bad things about Shirley Ann Jackson

She's batshit and no one will call her out on it because she's the only "black woman head of a college"

Why don't you apply to some other fucking school? Nobody is owed a place at this marvelous polytechnic institute.

Who gives a shit about capitalism or otherwise. You whiny, entitled, faggot. Neck your self. Leaving a better world for your country and your people is unrelated to any system of governance or finance.

One thing that's for sure though. Is leftism is anathema to nationalism, the only ideology worth defending.

Neck
Your
Self

>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage

Oh, no, don't get me wrong. I think you should do it.

Maybe make one of these and make them regret not giving you the loan?

Thn y r u so poor did u just learn programming or are about too

I'm not a very good salesman.

Like. My spaghetti falls out during job interviews. I'm good on the technical side. I guess I'm just unworthy.

You are. Now kill your self and delete this thread.

>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage
>leftypol thread
>sage

>let's support a system that rewards short-term thinking, consumption and greed.
>that will leave a better world

Look into military scholarships. They have one for health professionals that pays all expenses plus a living stipend. My dental school is being paid for by the Navy and that's despite the fact that I have some orthopedic problems that would normally disqualify me for military service.

I'll be entering the Navy as a Lieutenant and will become a commander if I specialize.

RPI isn't well known enough for the average fag to fake trying to attend school there. It's a good school but not a meme like MIT or Cal Tech, which are the names most bored twelve year olds would use.