Why Doesn't Trump Deploy the Military to The Border?

Instead of spending billions on a giant wall, would it not make more sense to have a large force deployed on the border? With bases at even distances along the border, they could even put up some HESCO barriers along the border and have watchtowers everywhere. I don't know how large of a force could be deployed, but it could be pretty large. It would be a huge military operation, navy on the rivers, air force patrolling everywhere with jets, helicopters and drones. Gen. Mattis could probably plan it. Also the national guard has a set amount of time they need to serve a year, a part of that time they should be patrolling the border as a kind of auxilia force.

posse comitatus

Militaries aren't good for occupations

There was a kind of similar operation going on during the first gulf war, before saddam attacked the border FOBs

This

And the American military is not very good at peacekeeping, but the Australian army has done heaps of peacekeeping as well as the British military, and I'm sure you could implement a relatively simple training program.

Some people already tried that, there aren't enough of them though.

Posse Comitatus means that the military is not allowed to be used to enforce the law within the United States.

Ah, sorry for my bad latin. Well, you could just put them there for a massive ex, and coincidentally build a huge hesco barrier and stop all immigrants.

Also, there's always a way around the law.

It'd be incredibly expensive to maintain them there every day, and our active duty manpower is more useful elsewhere across the world. It's cheaper and more effective to just build a tall, eletrically charged fence with multiple layers of barbed wire. Add in a few landmines if you're that type of edgy.

Le electricity bill

Well the national guard could still do tours there every year as part of their required service, with a few humvees, FOBs and foot patrols.

And PMCs are cheaper than the military, so that's another possibility.

USA could set a DMZ zone , with free fire zones and traps all under federal control ,a HOT border like in Korea

>shredding the constitution just to keep some Mexicans out
kys bootlicker

/thread

Oh you really thought Trump wanted to seal the border?
So how would the drugs arrive? Let's not forget the DEA and the CIA are directly involved in drug trafficking, and most of America's drugs come from Mexico.
It's a business so big that it represents 30% of my country's GDP. So you thought that was going to end?

We could hire Duerte, fuckin spic.

My post was meant to be ironic, don't think I'm proud my country is involved in this shit.
But yeah, Trump can't and won't close the border for those reasons. Also because narcos can kill freely in the US too, you just don't hear it in the news.
Duterte would cry like a baby if Zetas laid a hand on to him.

>thinks the gov't red or blue gives two shits
>no jobs create poverty right where they want you

>implying mexican SOF are shit to US SOF

Actually, yes.
Because they trained them, fucker.

>less discussed topic in the history of the world: the kaibiles/CIA/West Point/Zeta connection

>"I'm using border control as a business, to end border control as a business."

meh, Delta farts combined with a task force of rangers and other SOF could destroy any 1 group. Especially if it's a combined military operation, with the all aspects in some form of the US military.

shhhhhhhhhhh

Are you offering services then?

Let's just hope you're right mate, for both countrys' sake.

Because he's not President yet you goddamn retard.

No, but it wasn't exactly hard to train our forces that way, I think it's part of AIT here, or every year there's an ex that involves peacekeeping. I'm saying the US could easily conduct an operation like this.

The Zetas have probably become slack since they don't really fight anyone besides poor immigrants. They wouldn't be ready to fight hundreds of SOF in a surprise raid. Especially if those men are Delta, or Rangers, who have more experience fighting real wars.

Trump isn't president yet.

They will be deployed during the construction to protect construction.

Rail guns mounted to the top and UAVs.. it will be a crazy wall.

Don't worry achmed your days of sneaking in via South America are over

Yes, BUT
The true problem is economic interests. It is a little known fact that, as Secretary of State, HIllary Clinton negotiated the Merida Initiative, that funnels US Congress' Funds (by extension, US taxpayer dollars) to fund Mexico's own Drug War. Which has failed as catastrophically as that of Reagan.
So? What I'm saying is that you're technically right saying USOF is the shit, but neither of us know what hidden interests are playing behind scenes.
Drug traffic is truly a phenomenal business that hasn't experienced a crisis at all in these last decades. I suspect the cartels have already infiltrated the US government at a very high level. And with the alphabet agencies all involved with drugs one way or another? Who knows what will end up happening.

>technically right

Dude I bet the Zetas don't even kidnap people like a real mission anymore, they probably saunter in waving their guns around and shouting. And most Zetas probably aren't even part of the original SOF group nowadays. I imagine a raid on the Zetas would be all the doors and windows exploding only to find a few drunk mexicans with guns and drugs.

You truly have no idea.
Cartels are more powerful than the government here

Or the military could build the wall like the romans did with their military

That doesn't mean they are well trained. You don't understand the military.

Could the cartel ever count as a foreign belligerent?

Poles hate kikes you koalafucker

Why the fuck would the US deal with cartels? We have enough land and resources to have a booming drug industry if they were legalized

lmao nigger I'm Polish