Whats your opinion on this? Can conservatives use this liberal device?

Whats your opinion on this? Can conservatives use this liberal device?

Other urls found in this thread:

networx.com/article/do-solar-panels-use-more-energy-than-the
voanews.com/a/texas-leads-us-in-use-of-renewable-energy/3565024.html
politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/jan/16/floridians-solar-choice/florida-one-five-states-ban-certain-solar-sales-pe/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Isn't it illegal to only use solar power?

Technology isn't at a point yet where solar energy is viable to power absolutely everything at an affordable price. While the energy is clean and certainly usable it must be used in conjunction with other forms of energy.

/thread.

Not likely, most conservatives are good at math.

It will take about 20 years for you to make back the money you spent putting those panels up.

At any point in those 20 years the government can screw you, like they did in spain to early solar investors,

/thread
If you want a lower energy bill, and can afford it you certainly should put up a solar panel or two outside your home.

>Can conservatives use this liberal device?

How is this a liberal device? It helps so that your bills aren't so damn high. It diverts money away from the liberal government if anything.

Actually in my area it would take 6 years for it to pay for itself. This is just a 3 bedroom house though

>american education

panels are relatively cheap now
they work better in sunnier places where you could suppliment or completely run A/C units off them

Must get approval from CNN

I have an uncle whos a nano engineer and he also said they take six years to pay themselves back at this point. And now they are making solar shingles that look like normal shingles as well.

Solar is down to under $1 per Kw hour now. However, it wont become viable in a grid sense until batteries are more cool

Yes BUT the cost of solar energy is going down all the time. It will be cheaper, albeit admittedly more dirty, to upgrade 5-10 years from now and continue using "normal" energy sources than to upgrade immediately and the upgrade in 5-10 years.

6 years is a better return on investment than stocks/bonds/mutual funds

if you have the money, you're a fool not to get them

But they pay themselves back in 6 years. So if you waited 10 years, youd have ??? years of profit

>solar (((power)))

So here's the claim: As you know, making solar panels requires energy. There's the direct use of energy in the factory involved in the production of the panels, along with energy involved in the transportation of the panels and their components. Furthermore, you have to think about the energy debt involved in acquiring raw materials and converting them into the parts used to make solar panels.

That can add up fast, and a lot of solar plants are using fuels like coal to generate the energy they need for activities like melting silicon. Researchers Sally Benson and Michael Dale took a look at the industry's energy needs and overall energy production for Environmental Science & Technology and published a paper detailing their findings. What they found will probably allow you to breathe a sigh of relief: solar panels generate more energy than they use, overall, and have been doing so since at least 2010.

These findings can be attributed to changes in solar technology, the growth of the industry, and more awareness when it comes to energy use in panel production. The industry has reached a tipping point, and these findings are also in line with what the National Renewable Energy Laboratory has found when it's looked into solar panels and whether they truly offer energy benefits.

They specifically delved into what's known as "payback": how many years of operation does it take for a solar panel to generate as much energy as was used in its manufacture? They found that depending on the technolgoy used, it takes between ONE AND FOUR YEARS for solar panels to earn out on their energy debt. Consider that most panels are projected to last between 20 and 25 years with proper maintenance and normal use, and you can see that there's a net energy gain here that's rather significant.

networx.com/article/do-solar-panels-use-more-energy-than-the

it saves you money

Theyre giving out loans for them with government paid rebates

I don't think anyone here thinks solar doesn't net energy
It's all a cost argument

I love the idea of solar and energy independence in general, I just can't afford the upfront costs right now. It would be incredibly satisfying to disconnect the subatomic Jew and tell them to fuck off, especially since I know they're overcharging us anyway, as there's no possible way we use the kWh we get billed for.

I want to live off the grid, with secure internet, an arsenal of weapons, a large organic garden, and some livestock.

I'm fine with solar energy
I'm not fine with propping up any industry, from green to coal, with taxpayer money. Let R&D make it affordable and we can phase out oil and coal when it works.

solar panels are a great investment if you are a home owner it makes your property value go up

Yes, that being said doing a cost efficiency analysis would be extremely wise to do.

>price of solar panel and money saved per month and what not

/thread

Electrician here. Its funny you mention this because I only see solar panels installed in very affluent neighborhoods.

Rich people spend money now to save money in the long run. This is why they are rich. Poor people dont have the money to make these investments, so they stay poor

Be like the rich people Sup Forums. Get solar

Solar panels take like 30-40 years to pay for themselves. Its an extremely high down payment which not many people can afford even with the small tax benefits our govt currently offers for this
Also a lot of people will find a new house after 3 or 4 decades

Blame a system that designs for profit, not the customer.

If the Utility wanted to, they could give you the upfront cost in future savings. In areas with growth (and sun), instead of building Plants (and issuing bonds for that cost) they could just loan the money for the solar panels, and charge the same for electricity.
The customer sees no difference in cost, but after 10 years (or less) they pay off the loan with the cash they would have paid, plus the energy they generate.

Austin Tx did this, along with energy savings plans.

But this sometimes means less profit for the utilities over the years, and a loss of control.

By having a mentally retarded system that believes like a religion that the government can't control anything profitable regardless of how much it hurts their own people, these kinds of plans get quashed by big money interests in favor of centralized grids, and profit control.

what a meme. the best state in the union is conservative and leading the way.

"Texas, a state known for oil production, has become a leader in the development and use of renewable energy, especially wind power. And solar energy production is growing rapidly in the “Lone Star state” spurred on by the state’s abundant sunshine and the sharp drop in the price of solar panels in recent years."

voanews.com/a/texas-leads-us-in-use-of-renewable-energy/3565024.html

>liberal
I think you mean leftist, as leftism is the "opposite" of right wing conservatism.
Also, take the individual/collectivist tenants of the two ideologies

Left:
Reliance on government
destruction of the individual
Assistance from government
Government economic control

right:
Less reliance on government
Individual autonomy
No government control over economy.

I guarantee that 99% of people that own property and handle their own electricity needs are conservative.

And yes, left/right is a shit way of looking at it, Im talking about american left/right here.

>panels are around $1/watt now
>conversion equipment is relatively cheap
>you can get a fuckload of deep cycle batteries for a few thousand
$10k for a decent installation is more than worth it, though it really depends on your location
britbongs aren't compatible with solar

Poor people also don't pay taxes, so the tax credits from installing solar or buying an electric car would be lost

I have a 3kW array at my house it works flawlessly and has long paid its self off.

instead of spending a shit tonne of money on solar/wind energy we should be researching new ways to obtain cheap and mass amount of energy that can actually replace fossil fuels.

Energy isn't liberal or conservative, neither is technology. When it (or some other form of power like fusion, nuclear) becomes efficient (and safe) enough they'll overtake oil easily. That was always going to happen.

>spoiler: Tesla's universal energy device was real and got covered up by the rich so that they could monetize energy

Depends on location. In sunny places these could be great. Although even then it is pretty unreliable. I'm more of a fan of hydroelectric power and tidal power. Geothermal is pretty good too. Those are much more consistant.

>It will take about 20 years for you to make back the money you spent putting those panels up.
takes well under 10 years you retard.

Rich people do it because it's trendy, not because it makes economic sense.

A smart rich person would just buy preferred stock in the local utility that pays dividends greater than their bill, then use that money to pay for their electricity. Then they would lobby for indirectly banning solar panels in their community while using their stock as leverage for negotiating a better rate. Before long they'd be getting paid to use electricity.

solar and wind are shit for grid power
they're great for supplimental power to alleviate grid sources when under heavy load

>Implying its liberal
Too expensive

it's 20 years if you don't include tax credits, maybe that's what he means

You are a retard. You can own stock in an energy company and still put solar panels on their roof

>lobbying to pass fucking legislation
>using your stocks to negotiating shaving off like $80 on your electric bill
>banning things is smart

Yea no. You are wrong. Its not trendy. Solar panels are ugly as fuck and I would never put them on my house until they fix the aesthetic monstrosity they are. People get them people they save money in the medium and long term

nope

its not 2006 anymore

aluminum was once very expensive.

eventually mass production happens.

>climate change won't be fixed by the free marke- ...oh

yeah it's a muslim psyop to get people to believe we must rely on oil so they can keep their economic influence

Devices do politics now? Well I never.

We don't have sun for 6 months a year, how is that gonna work for us?

Solar will be viable in the next ten years or so as the cells get vastly more efficient and through the wonders of capitalism and the increased demand of better battery technology coming soon.

I personally love solar but for now it needs to be used in conjunction with other energy sources. I personally feel that nuclear fusion is the future.

>be rich
>buy solar panels
>break even in 10+ years

vs

>be rich
>move tax-free money from another investment into preferred stock in local utility
>instantly begin receiving dividends greater than utility bill
>literally getting paid to use electricity
>hear trendy neighbor talking about solar panels
>get local politicians to pass a zoning ordinance that requires grid power usage
>use lobby power at local utility to reduce or eliminate compensation for power fed back into the grid
>file press releases and spin up some "fake news" about the whole ordeal
>utility stock price goes up
>profits for using electricity increase
>literally making more in a month than solar would save me in 20 years
>great-great grandchildren will still be getting paid from my initial investment

>renewables can't complete without additional regula- ...oh

Aluminum required some serious breakthroughs to become cheap. Solar cells haven't had anything as revolutionary as the Bayer process to help them along yet.

This just shows the pure $ amount invested. If it showed operating costs per kWh, you'd realize why Solar is heavily subsidized and that nuclear is the clear path forward.

>illegal to utilize the sun
>the star in the sky that's been there for billions of years and is responsible for all life on earth

I hope not, that's impressively retarded

politifact.com/florida/statements/2015/jan/16/floridians-solar-choice/florida-one-five-states-ban-certain-solar-sales-pe/

It's only certain states.

Actually it's even more retarded, because you don't own the solar powers, and the company still charges you for the power.

Nice meta d.ubs.

hurr hurr why dontcha just buy stocks heheh

fuck outta here KIKE

How is solar power a liberal device?

Why would it be illegal?

No, because they're irrational nihilists.

S O R T A R A R E
O
R
T
A

R
A
R
E