Why do so many houses have this boxy look in hot/dry states like Arizona? What are they thinking?

Why do so many houses have this boxy look in hot/dry states like Arizona? What are they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_dwelling
youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E&lc=z13ij1np2lb1ff0zi04cd32auva5ytw4ea4
mcmansionhell.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No idea. Maybe something to do with the heat I guess. My house doesn't look boxy though

>hot air rises
>high ceilings fill with hot air
>ground level stays cool

can you into basic thermodynamics?

You also don't need an angled roof if you barely get any snow or rain on top of your house.

it's keeping in the tradition of the architecture found in pueblos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pueblo

I think it's because they're usually single story houses, no second floor and no attic. Land is cheaper there, so expensive houses are usually sprawling instead of stacked vertically.

I find it pretty nice looking.

Plus that looks like an upper class home. I live in the East Valley of the Phoenix metro area and most houses look a lot like pic related

It is somewhat reminiscent of traditional adobe construction, and leaves the roof as usable space. High roof peaks are only really needed in areas that get lots of snow. Flat roofs are much harder to rainproof, but not really an issue in semi-arid climates.

Heat rises. A higher ceiling means cooler internal temperatures at ground levels. Since the houses are in arid areas, they don't need sloped roofs to prevent snow buildup.

/thread

Why is this shit even on Sup Forums? Don't you people have Zionist conspiracies and minorities to talk about?

Oh shit, I thought natives only lived in teepee's

Desert Dwelling Americucks

we have the same houses popping up all over australia.
>super easy and cheap to construct, immigrants can do it in a couple weeks
>fits on a tiny 1/8 acre block
>retarded normies think it looks 'futuristic' and classy and pretend they are living in a frank lloyd wright house

I see. I've never been to Phoenix, but I've heard good things and I want to buy a house in that area. Thinking about Scottsdale or Paradise Valley

It's take's inspiration from the domiciles of the indigenous population. It's popular because it looks neat and let's people brag about how they're morally superior for their adoption of the native culture.

Yeah, I'm in the East Valley too and can confirm. Almost every house is some slight variation of your pic.
I think user's pic is of a clubhouse. I don't know of any houses with glass doors.

they built a variety of structures. I like these kinds of structures the most

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_dwelling

injuns built these?
i understand why these savages are revered now.

cute thread, but it's just an adobe house, a distinct architecture style in the southwest. be more jelly.

Don't. The weather is hot and dry. I fucking hate it here.

It could be. But there are many upper class box shaped houses around here

J-Just a minor architectural detail that you probably wouldn't even be interested in.

>for his entire life until this very moment, he thought native americans were as stupid as abos

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E&lc=z13ij1np2lb1ff0zi04cd32auva5ytw4ea4

mcmansionhell.com/

As fag here. Not sure about the design aspect of box style houses. I got an uncle that owns a huge home building co. whose name you would recognize.

First, ranch style houses (one level) are more cost efficient to cool in our brutal summers.

Next, land is and was always cheap. No need to build upwards like so,e east coast fag, fuck it build big and wide. And comfy.

Next, no basements because AZ bedrock is really fucking hard and increases costs.

Finally, Arizona is based.

But it's full so fuck off. Rain was nice today by the way.

The thumbnail looks like literally every house I've lived in.

OP's pic is definitely higher dollar

The attican style of house is the objectively most pleasing architectural shape for a dwelling place. Mexicans and indians are nigger tier for being so primitive.

>hot and dry
sounds heaps better than Michigan right now tbh_fam

>Why is this shit even on Sup Forums?

The kikes still have trolls on payroll. They have no political scripts to push right now, so they're back to the old tired anti-gun trolling (200 replies guaranteed, no effort) and "wing-it" shitposting.

>it looks 'futuristic' and classy and pretend they are living in a frank lloyd wright house
But it really is.

Look at cave creek (or carefree) it's more affordable and is the next Scottsdale, which was the next paradise valley. IMHO

it's spanish pueblo revival architecture

also there's no snow so no need for an angled roof

I like them more than your average cardbox house in america.

Desert too comfy tho

that house is probably built better and will last longer than most aussie and american modern kit homes.

Alright but just a reminder that winters are bipolar as fuck. It's cold as fuck in the morning and it feels like summer in the afternoon. Plus it never snows.

I think they are supposed to look like Adobe's/Pueblo style architecture. I think New Mexico also does this also. Santa Fe, New Mexico made a McDonald's following its building code.

> Arizona is based

Not really

Rich parts of Arizona are probably the comfiest in all of America.

That you couldn't afford a house like that anyways, so who cares.

Been to Scottsdale, people there are kinda rude. Maybe it's the Califag in me, but I didn't like it

stucco, cookie-cutter abominations.

I hate most American residential architecture.

>mcmansionhell.com/

Thank you for posting this.

If you move to Phoenix, just make sure it's somewhere in the East Valley. That's where the white people live. Scottsdale is really nice, but it has to be NORTH Scottsdale because South Scottsdale is filled with spics. I highly recommend Gilbert or Ahwatukee.

the first house looks pretty nice.
i would live there.

I just want an Adobe shack for muh girls

It's fireproof.

>cave creek
>94.98% white
nice
I can afford to live anywhere though, and I'd like to be closer to the city than that

Scottsdale rude, how so? I'm comfortable with Chicago style rude where everyone storms past each other without making eye contact

this is really good to know, thanks

We don't have mansions in Australia, only mcmansions. That would be why you would live there.

>frank lloyd wright

funny you mention this
he was actually big in Arizona, we have a street named after him and multiple monuments

They don't get snow or heavy rains so they can build flat top houses which are somewhat sought after in the artchitecture design world but don't work in climates with winters.

Would rather not talk about either but lefties rage make threads and their ideas are like bait cat nip

No problem. I've lived in Phoenix my entire life, and I love it. The summers are hot, sure, but it's not so bad. No humidity, and most houses here have swimming pools. It's more than worth putting up with for the winters. Right now it's 57 degrees and I'm relaxing out on my patio.

At some point people will rebel against this whole "I live in a house behind a garage" look

get the fuck out of Arizona you cancerous fucking Californian

It's just what the market demands. Most people out here have two or three cars, and recreation vehicles are popular too. People want the big garages.

Stay in Commiefornia, faggot!

Market doesn't demand this. It's all about making the lot narrow so you can squeeze a couple of extra lots out of each block.
It wouldn't cost much more to just build a slightly larger subdivision in most cases but builders take the lazy way out and stick people in an ugly house instead of putting the garage off to the side.

I like it. They remind me of Taco Bell

There is only one reason to build a roof at an angle, and that is to fend off rain. If you don't have to build the roof at an angle, there's no reason you should; doing so mathematically decreases your total square-footage by a substantial number.

Here in St. George UT, where we have well over 300 sunny days a year, the roofs are usually built at a slight angle only. We do get some rain, almost never any snow, and the builders around here accommodate that to the extent that seems reasonable.

Further south where they get less rain and no snow ever, flat roofs are the thing. In the Pacific Northwest, the Atlantic Northeast, and parts of the Gulf Coast where they get a LOT of rain, the angles are usually greater than 45 degrees.

It ain't rocket science.

pic related, it's a house for sale in my neighborhood - nearly all the houses around here have that exact same roof angle.

way to miss the point utah, thanks for posting your halfbreed houses.

Pretty sure I got the point - OP was asking why all the boxy houses.

Jealous of what, exactly?

In the 1960's they sold something like 20,000 homes in a suburb in Phoniex, not a single one to a jew, spic, of black. They couldn't pass the van Burren line.

I'm a plumber and I install and maintain roofs for a living. Ask me anything.

Interesting job for a plumber.

I second Ahwatukee. Lived next door in Chandler for 18 years until I moved out.

Plumbing has many sub-disciplines. Some pluimbers are specialized in air conditioning, gas fitting, maintenance, pools, high-rise, drain clearing or grease trapping. I'm specialized in roofing.

What's the pay like? The working conditions? Where in Kangarooland are you?

he probably gets paid more than the U.S president, but has to deal with being raped and assaulted by his bogan coworkers every day.

Pay is what you make it. I can make $200 in 20 minutes fixing a simple roof leak and $10,000 in a week replacing the corrugated sheets on an old roof.
Conditions are again, what you make them. If you eschew safety regulations you can make a lot of money quickly and cheaply, but it's going to bite you on the ass when you fall four storeys off a roof or slice yourself down to the bone with sheet metal. If you comply with code the work is hard but safe.
I work in Sydney and the surrounding suburbs. I never work more than 50kms away from the CBD.

>Why do so many houses have this boxy look in hot/dry states like Arizona?
niggers

kek has spoken lets talk about the joos

in sydney tooo cunt come shout me a slab of vb and pakc of winnie blues

They're adobe. They're from mexico, and mexico got them from spain, and spain got them mudslime invaders.

Also, pretty sure that's a visitor center of an apartment complex or something, not a house. Not that there's not adobe houses, there's tons. But that's not a house, at least I don't think so.

Arizona is based af as soon as you get out of cities like phoenix. I live year round in crown king and fucking love it here.

They downloaded google sketchup and they though it looked cool to build houses from cubes. No but seriously, it creates thick walls, hence great insulation, keeps the indoor temp stable.

Frank Lloyd Wright lived in AZ and had great influence in local architecture.

Insulation ruined by giant windows. I heard that they aren't even double or triple thick.