Tipping

Should we just be like europoors and get rid of this tipping shit? I have to order pizza tonight and I hate tipping someone for doing their job, I always tip waiters but for delivery I just cant stand.

I tip based on height. If it's he's short (5'8" and under) I won't even tip, and make some comment about their height. Love seeing the crushed look in their eyes.

>Pay guy the exact amount owed
>Tell him keep the change :^)
You want to deny me of this shit? Fuck you.

I think tipping is such a lazy employee payment method. People who currently get tips should just be paid an adjusted wage to meet whatever they should be earning, then the public shouldn't be expected to give more money than is needed in order to "not be a jerk".

So you dont tip ever then? Pretty much all delivery boys i see are manlets

You should probably get rid of the stupid laws that allow people to pay workers below minimum wage because they work in particular industries.

I'll tip someone if they have given me service above and beyond what I would normally expect/receive, but other than that they're just doing their job for which they are paid by their employer. It's not my job to make sure they earn at least a certain amount.

Tips are an earned treat, not an expected staple of the job.

>you have to order pizza tonight

no you don't. you can go and pick up your own damn pizza. or make your own

Nobody says you have to tip you fucking jackass

Stfu

They're usually fat, long haired 30 year Olds

I think you just wanted to use the term 'Manlet'.

>retards complain about tipping as if they have to actually do it

You fags need to kill yourselves

Why waiters over drivers?

Waiters are just brining your food from kitchen to table

delivery drivers actually have to travel miles, use their own car and gas

i delivered fridges and stoves,
move their old greasy fridge out to garage
rarely a tip

So let me get this straight: first you tip and then tap? Or tap first and then tip?

yea pretty much lol

it's the only job they can get, no reputable company would hire a short guy

>driving on new years eve night
It's like im asking for a death sentence
Yeah I know I don't need to tip but those poor fucks barely make enough to get by and its not my fault but this fucked up system's fault

Waiters are on their feet all day long carrying heavy plates and most make below 4 dollars an hour. While delivery boy over there is joyriding in his honda listening to tunes in his comfy car.

delivery boys deserve the tip, waiters don't. Delivery boys have to come to your house no matter how bad the weather is, how cold, how rainy etc. They have to take the stairs if you don't have an elevator in the building. Waiters on the other hand have to take your food like 10 meter from a climate controlled room to a climate controlled room

Oh jeez they are exposed to some rain or cold weaather for the 30 seconds they are outside and then get to go back into their comfy heated cars wow poor fellas

I bet you tip your mailman and garbage collector too don't you?

>being this cucked

>move their old greasy fridge out to garage
>rarely a tip

really? we always gave at least a 20 for that shit.

nope, only to pizza delivery boys. i don't want semen or farts in my food

They are called 'boys" for a reason. Society has rejected them due to HEIGHT. Tip them accordingly (usually a couple pennies)

why tip waiters who dont even bring you your food any more instead of people who drive your food to your house?

aTOPKEKEKEKEKGKEGJWEKTG

>implying you're SO IMPORTANT that delivery boys are just waiting for an excuse to fuck with your food

Dude, unless you are and outright prick and a half, no delivery boy is gonna remember you didn't tip nor care for more than 30 seconds. Get the fuck over yourself you pussy.

>not wanting delivery boy semen and farts on your pizza
Don't you know what flavor is?!

It's 2017

Can't you pay electronically in advance?

Well as far as know I tip generously with my 30 cent(for a 3 $ pizza)

>plates
>heavy
found the limp-wristed pansy

Yes. Tipping should be abolished. The only people that do not want tipping abolished are restaurant owners because it puts the burden of paying staff onto the consumer and allows them to make their prices seem artificially cheap, and genuinely dumb waiting staff that have misdirected their anger at consumers because they've been buttfucked so hard by their boss that it has scrambled their brains into thinking that strangers should be in charge of their wages.

It is 100% not up for debate. Tipping is a retarded practice and it needs to be fucking abolished.

If that business wan'ts to avoid a law suit and that delivery boy wants to avoid losing his job and possibly getting arrested, he'll leave the food alone. The most they can do is take their time delivering it to yo but they can't outright do shit to it.

so wait
You won't go pick up your pizza because you think it's too dangerous to drive, so instead you're going to have someone else do it, and you still are bitching about tipping?

Nah son, tipping is fucking great if you aren't an uncharming piece of shit. While I was in school, I used to be a waiter at a Outback and I could regularly pull at least $200 a weekend. That was a weeks pay in two fucking days, tax free.

>Delivery boys have to come to your house no matter how bad the weather is, how cold, how rainy etc.

I've had several outdoor jobs when I was a student.
Mailman, sports instructor, that kind of stuff.

I never really minded the weather unless it was extremely cold.
You learn how to dress for it, that makes all the difference.

I would still prefer an outdoor job if it payed as well as an office job.

>It is 100% not up for debate
The fuck are you, some Commiefornia cuck? Everything is up for debate.

Being a waiter is not skilled fucking labour, it is moving a plate of food from kitchen to table and not being retarded for five seconds to write down orders.

This isn't some fucking concierge at four star hotel, it's fucking Denny's.

Wait staff should be paid below minimum wage cos this shit can easily be done by a tactfully placed converyer belt.

tipping is number one negative when im travelling to usa. fuck i dont know who to tip and how much and if they get angry when im not tipping and sometimes they get confuses when im tipping lol

>be me
>work as a medical scribe
>follows doctor through 12 hour workday
>get's paid 10dlr/hr

stop fucking complaining you filthy jews

Tipping is good because if the guy doesn't provide good service you don't tip

It provides incentive to be friendly

Right that's the thing. I wouldn't mind if waiting staff were honest like you and just admitted that they make fucking bank off of the tipping system and that's why they don't want it to go away, but they always pull out this ass backwards logic of calling customers greedy cheapskates for not funding their overpaid job.

They just make all of these excuses about how they're poor as shit and can't confront their boss about their shitty wage so it should be your responsibility to make sure they're well paid even though you have no control over their employment. It's fucking irritating. Literally worse than homeless people. They're like beggars with a fucking attitude because they insist that their wellbeing is your responsibility.

Restaurants owners are pretty awful at business. Most restaurants fail within the first three years and the ones that don't fail usually don't make very much. This is considering the fact they only have to pay most of their employees like 3 bucks an hour because of the tipping system. Like holy shit, how do you fail when most of your employees only get like 28 bucks a day out of your pocket.

The standard practice is fifteen percent but ten percent is acceptable depending on what the bill is.

Another thing to remember is that not all places require tipping, A trip to McDonalds doesn't require a tip

>The fuck are you, some Commiefornia cuck? Everything is up for debate.

No, there's just no logical reason to defend tipping as a practice. It has no benefit to anyone other than the owner itself and a small part of the staff that happens to land excellent tipping hours. Everyone else is fucked by it. It's not defensible. The only people that want to debate it are retards like you.

>Being a waiter is not skilled fucking labour, it is moving a plate of food from kitchen to table and not being retarded for five seconds to write down orders.

>This isn't some fucking concierge at four star hotel, it's fucking Denny's.

None of this has anything to do with what I posted you illiterate retard. Nor do I even disagree with it.

I hate those retards as much as you do. They make the mistake of thinking that tipping is mandatory when it isn't, otherwise it wouldn't be called tipping. The point is to be friendly, professional, and charming. If you do your job well enough, the guest rewards you. it's like commission if you were a salesman. The ones who complain are obviously terrible waiters because they wouldn't have an issue with people who didn't tip otherwise

>if your notan uncharming piece of shit
Dude I worked at restaurants from age 15-17 as a busser and waiter and that shit is a living hell. I dont care how much I was making I hid in the back all the time out of social anxiety how the fuck do you guys do it

>implying only the wait staff are on payroll

Have you ever watched an episode of Kitchen Nightmares? Yeah it's tarted up a bit, but it does show the MANY ways ineptitude from the owner can fuck it up.

>ordering a medium pizza for $12 + delivery and tip

>not getting a delicious red baron for $3.33 ea and cooking it at home.

plebs

Except if a waiter doesn't make enough in tips, the restaurant legally has to pay them minimum wage.

Maybe I want to use the extra money I earn to pretend that I'm more important than everyone else in a restaurant.

Also
>none of this has anything to do with what I posted you illiterate retard
>going straight for insults
I see why you don't want to debate things. You're not exactly the zenith of logic are ye?

If they charge for delivery, I don't tip.

>Except if a waiter doesn't make enough in tips, the restaurant legally has to pay them minimum wage.
Fact

COrrection. Last month the guy walked through foot high snow to deliver. I felt like an ass and gave him a fiver.

Avoid asian restaurants in America. They are stingy as fuck when it comes to tipping.

I gave this place like a 9% tip and the waitress literally chased me while I was leaving and asked me for a higher tip. "mo tip prease" was her exact words in fact.

I usually get the same deal everytime, the 2 medium pizza any toppings from Pizza Hut for 6.99 each. It comes out to be 17.95 ( including delivery ) and pay them a 20 dollar bill and let them keep the change.
tl;dr dont be an asshole and slip some extra money for someone who doesn't make as much.

We tip, however, we don't need to tip.

Enjoy a price increase on everything

That sucks, there is nothing more pathetic than waitresses begging for tips/more tip

Thank god we have no tipping culture at all.
Sometimes when ppl are drunk and in a bar and pay with cash (most ppl use creditcard anyway) they might say keep the change.

Are you a woman?

Tips are like 80% of delivery drivers' income. You can withhold a tip if you'd like to, but all you are accomplishing by doing so is making someone's already shitty life even harder.

after doing this I would never ever order from the same store again. I would not trust them.

Europeans invented tipping, bro, and it came over to America.

It's the Asians that don't do tipping, because they're a respectful culture that actually expects people to do their job correctly without the incentive of extra money.

I don't like tipping, because it seems like a passive way for one to flaunt his wealth. In America, flaunting one's wealth is looked down upon. Tipping is an exception, so people go overboard with that shit. "Look at me giving extra money when I didn't have to, I can afford to do that everyone."

then get the food urself

If you're anti social the only thing I can tell you is to become more social because you aren't going to get anything accomplished in the service industry otherwise

Also, what's up with middle age guys as deliverymen now?