What are some of the best non-degenerate art...

What are some of the best non-degenerate art? I've been recently enjoying Bach's harpsichord concertos and Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker. What are some other music, ballets, or operas that could be considered the pinnacle of Western civilization? Pinnacles of other cultures?

With Internet we can enjoy the best art in the world, I'm going to start enjoying the stuff (((they))) haven't ruined.

Other urls found in this thread:

wagneroperas.com/indexwagneroperas.html
youtube.com/watch?v=J_mPBBkDavY
youtube.com/watch?v=sev0ss8XSm4
youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_XUHgnNNI
youtube.com/watch?v=Lbg4TSP44yU
youtube.com/watch?v=2zvNHkZLuW0
youtu.be/uV78v1B1OSE
youtube.com/watch?v=4a7a28NifQc
youtube.com/watch?v=zvI5sNucz1w
youtu.be/KplFYfs_t4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=-PB17fDSE-s
opera-guide.ch/
youtu.be/71fZhMXlGT4
youtube.com/watch?v=s8z1_A-Zlbw&t=962s
youtube.com/watch?v=MY-aowxVXfI
youtube.com/watch?v=KpJLVVkrXKs
youtube.com/watch?v=DrTEhqs-lS8
youtube.com/watch?v=e8lug09n1VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IeKMMDxrsBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Non-degenerate art in general thread

Not all classical/baroque music is good for the human soul. Some operas by Wagner are very good
wagneroperas.com/indexwagneroperas.html

Tchaikovsky was a faggot.

>wagoner
>classical/baroque
but in all seriousness that stuff is a serious investment of time! wagoner was red pilled though and if you like LOTR then check out his Ring Cycle

assuming that music from a couple hundred years ago is automatically non-degenerate is also a bad move. bach used to like incorporating bawdy drinking songs into his sacred masses by overlapping their melodies. wagoner was Sup Forums friendly though because he hated jews. wasn't hitler's a fan of strauss? so also Sup Forums approved, check out strauss' Don Quixote! also composers who had steady jobs are ok so mussorgsky (pictures at an exhibition, night on bald mountain) and ives (look up his art songs). but the only music guaranteed to be on degenerate is basically gregorian chant but nobody wants to listen to that

I love Gregorian chants

youtube.com/watch?v=J_mPBBkDavY

shut up gregorian chant is great
the only kind of degenerate gregorian chant is the kind where they add shitty instruments to it

no art or music from the 1890's onward is an option, things were way too far gone belt the time anything called "modernism" came around.
bach is great and if you like Baroque music check out Buxtehude and Purcell. Beethoven's third symphony is good and was dedicated to napoleon at the height of his conquest. vivaldi is cool if you want to listen to 80's metal from the 18th century. i know i said anything 20th c. = bad but please look up Bartok's string quartets. and for historical fun Shostakovich's fifth symphony was written to spite stalin

well then you've never had to study them

rachmaninoff piano concertos, brahms violin concerto's, a particular favourite of mine is gorecki - symphony of sorrowful songs.

i'd recommend checking out local orchestra's in your area if you're interested in classical music, often they'll have season discounts for students. I'm at university, can get a season pass for ~$30. cheapest thing in the world, nothing beats hearing a live orchestra.

youtube.com/watch?v=sev0ss8XSm4

True

they're not awful but they tend to blend together after a while. if you want to hear the original commercial jingle look up bach's coffee concerto, written for a place called Zimmerman's Coffee House that opened circa 1730

I like this guy

He makes some indie movies, uploads it to his channel.

Name's nauiocelotl

youtube.com/watch?v=Ou_XUHgnNNI

lel

It's almost impossible to spot american shitposting nowadays
You guys are so uneducated and brainwashed that every of your posts seem to be a troll

I said three things as different: Wagner, Baroque AND Classical.

Gregorian chant is very beautiful.

Anything mozart and pretty much any popular italian or german opera is worth watching/listening to.

Latin operas can be bland but usually Templar and stuff that's not just church chanting in pretty good like this
youtube.com/watch?v=Lbg4TSP44yU

>Latin operas can be bland

youtube.com/watch?v=2zvNHkZLuW0

you sound like a faggot with no friends
troll my dick you poncy eurofag
go get shariad

Second on Bartok's string quartets. They are incredible.

they are, they're really only popular in Hispanic countries

youtu.be/uV78v1B1OSE

Bitte töte dich, Helmut.

Tell me 3 you don't like and 3 that are better.

Sibelius's 2nd symphony is one of the best pieces of music ever composed. Look for Lorin Maazel's interpretation.

Vivaldi praised a Christian, non-degenerate lifestyle through his music.

>Brainwashed
I guess a German would be the authority on brainwashing

Can you tell me some of the great art that Muslims have produced? I'm guessing your an expert on that as well

oh shit didnt mean operas specifically just meant that church style/monastic chants in general

>Nobody posting Varg's albums

youtube.com/watch?v=4a7a28NifQc

CWU is preddy gud.

youtube.com/watch?v=zvI5sNucz1w

fair enough but I think latin should be the standard language for opera/chant. I really hate german sound it does not fit opera.

Actually redpill me on operas. I've watched only the 101 stuff.

Where can I find the booklets from Verdi, etc?

Italian works fairly well, as does French

weird i love german operas, maybe it has something to do with our native languages?

Art is perhaps the one thing most fag gits who post here are wrong anout. This thread is funding embarrassing and you should all never ever recommend art to anyone.

In fact, Bach was a degenerate according to your shifty dumbfuck standards. He continually abandoned diatonicism and modal music which was considered the epitome of holy music.

I actually love The Ways of Yore

Fucking autocorrect. Either way you're all idiots who don't understand anything about art. Please end yourselves.

Post some recommendations then faggot, not just HURR DURR I'M BETTER THAN EVERYONE

dance of knights

I don't know what it is. I never liked french or german. French is close to portuguese if we think about... and german has nothing with it but I think it sounds bad.

However since the germans have such strong pronunciation of "R" and "S" I believe it's fair to say it's better than japanese, chinese, etc.

Odd way of phrasing "invented music as we know it today". Arguably you could only listen to Bach and know all there is to know about classical music up until Prokofiev.

I do agree that Sup Forums is hardly the place for this kind of discussion, unless the goal is to delude yourselves further into thinking you are classy. Which you aren't.

Your tendies are ready, sweetie.

youtu.be/KplFYfs_t4Y

The height of sketch comedy in the new millennium. RACE WAR

if someone redpill me on operas I'll continue to post more of these pics
youtube.com/watch?v=-PB17fDSE-s

I love Dvorak. Also the finest art is literature in my opinion. Don't forget to start with the Greeks.

Read my post again retard. Bach was a degenerate by standards of holy music, and this thread is about "non-degenerate" art i.e. a bunch of Fucking idiots who know nothing about art and it's evolution trying to discuss it.

Not worth it, read my post again. None of you understand art and it's a waste of time trying to convince you of why that's the case.

Helen Allingham (1848-1926)-‘hanging the washing’

liberetti here
opera-guide.ch/

Joseph Nicholls (1692-1760)-‘Westminster bridge, London’ London-City London Corporation

Pieter de Hooch (1629-1684)-‘wife and maid in a courtyard’-ca 1660

Thanks for explaining your authority on the subject

Only if I get a tugging desu mommy

I do agree with you on french. I hate english operas too. Maybe i just havnt heard enough bad german operas, come to think of it, outside of mozart i can only recognize a handful of german ones.

I wish my grandpa was still alive, he was the only one who listened to operas with me and i dont really listen to music on a regular basis.

I'm a composer, working on my doctorate right now. Go ahead and try to tell me why that's not enough you Fucking loser

Johann Hamza (1850-1927)-‘Christening’

youtu.be/71fZhMXlGT4

I heard english is a mix of German + Latin. Maybe that's why it sounds more pleasant than german?

What a terrible career choice.

Cool, what are some of the best composers in your opinion?

>no one posting superior anti-semitic piano
youtube.com/watch?v=s8z1_A-Zlbw&t=962s

Mussorgsky was a bit of a rebel alcoholic,so I can understand why you faggots stick to the normalfag shit

Edmond Blair Leighton (1857-1922)-‘the gallant suitor’-oil on panel

Sorry to disappoint you, unfortunately for you "Muslim Cocksucking studies" wasn't available

Edmond Blair Leighton (1857-1922)-‘an apple for the boatman’

does the best art depict that which is front of you
or that which you cannot see?

How do yo get so fat from eating out of the dumpster?

get a load of this goy

Thomas Ender (1793-\1875)-‘view from Nussdorf on the Danube’

>Master in Multicultural Activism

Depends on what you're looking for pham. Some of the names dropped here are actually pretty good. Don't listen to that faggot whining about modernism though, one of the greatest composers of all time was a modernist. An orthodox, monarchist Christian one at that. (Stravinsky)

Gillis van Tilborch(gh) II (ca 1625-ca 1678)-‘family portrait’

no i dont like english operas, if i had to rank my top choice is definitely italian

fits his terrible personality

TIME TO RAID THE OTHER BOARDS

COMMENCE MASS SHITPOST - THERE ARE NO MODS - I REPEAT - MODS ARE PARTYING OR SOMETHING AND THE NIGGERS ARE FILLING OUR BOARD WITH FAGGOT NIGGER COCKS

COMMENCE ALL BOARD SHITPOST

Bach was a master. I particularly enjoy his choral works, some great examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=MY-aowxVXfI
youtube.com/watch?v=KpJLVVkrXKs
youtube.com/watch?v=DrTEhqs-lS8

Because people throw away their food. I know it's hard to imagine that for a Swede, I know you guys would never waste a drop of African semen.

Carl Abraham Rothstén (1826-1877)-‘view of Gripsholm castle’

Maybe he can compose an operetta where he yells insults at his audience, he'd be good at that.

Should I stop or continue?

Frederik Marinus Kruseman (1781-1842)-‘winter with skaters near a castle’

I do enjoy Stravinsky quite a bit

Only degenerate retards dislike Gregorian Chants. All of them are beautiful. Much more if you can understand Latin

Shitpost the Musical

Keep it up

My favorite opera is Salome.
youtube.com/watch?v=e8lug09n1VQ

Somewhat of an object lesson in female degeneracy, though.

Ivan Ivanovich Shishkin (1832-1898)-‘rain in the oak grove’

what did they fucking mean by this

Makes me comfy

Wilhelm Theodor Nocken (1830-1905)-‘view of castle Oberhofen on lake Thun’

Franz Steinfeld (1787-1868)-‘scene near Krain (now Slovenia)

Oh shit got Trips

contemporary art is so shit and forgettable it must be a joke.

>no Liszt in this list
Jesus Christ, you people, I swear
youtube.com/watch?v=IeKMMDxrsBE

Bro I know you're buttmad, but I honestly don't regret my choice. I do something else for money which yields good results.