Why is 2007 widely considered the year where everything went to shit?

Why is 2007 widely considered the year where everything went to shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Sacramento_riot
change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca
archive.fo/zLOGY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=IBHL_-biMrQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because that's when most of us hit puberty.

Speak for yourself you early-20s pleb

It was the beginning of a cycle. This is the year that the internet really broke into the psyche of the collective consciousness.

It was the last year before obongo

Who said this?

Do you guys remember when Halo 2 came out and was popular?

That was fun shit.

It happened long before that. You just became sentient in 2007. But it happened before you were even born. The decisions made years ago are now affecting you, that's all. 2016 was the year of the chicken roost. This year we are having roast dinner.

because cod4 came out and every game tried to copy it obviously

2007 was a "Donnie Darko" year

Wheres frank?

2007 was 10/10 for video games
>halo 3
>god of war 3
>asscreed 1
>portal
>bioshock 1
>mass effect 1
To name a few

Brother was K.I.A in Iraq, Graduated HS (Best years of my life), and I knew during the debates that Obama was going to be president.

Well for one the rise of New Atheism and thus skepticism started in 2007

Sup Forums got too popular and a lot more faggots starting being way too gay

everything went to shit way before 2007 user

I want to say it went to shit around the Zimmerman trial
Not just the trial itself but that's when things seem to completely go down hill
Could of been me though, suicidal depression around that time

awwwww

God damn

THE UNENLIGHTENED MASSES

Because in 2007 is when the economy went to shit. It was already bad in the early 00's and somehow it got worse.

Pleb

Crank that soulja boy nigger

because we had no way to know that 2016 were going to be shittier

removal of free trade and free-range pvp in the wilderness

How the fuck old are you gramps?

Anyone over 25 should not be browsing this site.

I thought the majority of us were in our late 20's?

Came here to type this.

RIP RS2

b/c that's the year i graduated high school

Big Bang Theory

Obama

It's the year I graduated college and moved back in with my parents.

So yeah.

Because the general populace is dumb and doesn't realize, what EXACTLY began in 2016

(hint: it's RaHoWa)

CALIFORNIA: THE BIRTHPLACE OF RAHOWA

>On June 26, 2016, Yvette Felarca was caught on video assaulting a man at a white nationalist rally in Sacramento. She punched the man in the stomach repeatedly, before throwing him to the ground. Felarca is a 7th and 8th grade Humanities teacher at Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School in Berkeley. Among her responsibilities is teaching the students under her tutelage about the Bill of Rights.

>Someone who does not believe in free speech should not teach kids about their constitutional rights.

>Felarca's activity would get a student expelled at best, or jailed at worst. And yet she's meant to be a role model for students. She has repeatedly advocated the use of militant, violent tactics to shut down opponents of her personal political pack, By Any Means Necessary (BAMN). They claim that they're "fighting the good fight," trying to stop "fascism" from taking hold in Berkeley.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Sacramento_riot

change.org/p/berkeley-unified-school-district-fire-yvette-felarca

Yvette Felarca was placed on paid leave, but is now reinstated: archive.fo/zLOGY

>P.S. Wanna try an experiment, user? Post the above in any thread and see how fast (((they))) will slide it

Nigger the housing market got fucked and everybody lost their jobs.

>2007
>first iphone
>rise of facebook
>death of myspace
>early youtube
>rise of alternative media
>financial collapse
>iraq shit show
>bush universally hated
>rise of liberalism
>obongo savior elected next year

Holy shit. It's a faggot avalanche.

Like 2007 decided to take a fat shit on everyone forever.

2012 was the year feminism got a hold of the world in my universe, not 2007. 2007, all I remember is SHAWTY HAD DEM APPLE BOTTOM JEANS, JEANS BOOTS WITH DA FUR (WITH DA FUR!!!!!)

december 10 2007 never forget

>not realizing the political and financial climate had a severe impact on people's outlook

More normalfags discovered what internet was.

>tfw

>early youtube
BULLSHIT

2007 pushed that evolution of dance bullshit video that was the end of it all.

the age of deception

its been ten years.

so who here still /2016/

he took office in 2009 you fucking idiot

typical dumbass trump supporter

facebook
/thread

Wait till you see 2017.

Because it was the year before an election year.

Iphone came out and normies started to use the internet for the first time

I moved to canada:/

I remember life before YouTube. It was ducking difficult to find videos about anything before that.

I still have an old hdd full of quicktime and realplayer videos I saved in those days.

TIME TO RAID THE OTHER BOARDS - A FOOTHOLD HAS BEEN GAINED ON /sci/ ALREADY!

COMMENCE MASS SHITPOST - THERE ARE NO MODS - I REPEAT - MODS ARE PARTYING OR SOMETHING AND THE NIGGERS ARE FILLING OUR BOARD WITH FAGGOT NIGGER COCKS

COMMENCE ALL BOARD SHITPOST - FIRST WE TAKE /sci/ - THEN THE WORLD - THEN WE SECURE A FUTURE FOR OUR CHILDREN

>Ukraine
Hasn't every year since like 1914 been absolute shit for you guys?

The Iphone came out and every pleb in the universe instantly had widespread access to the worlds collective information.

Halo 3 was the best vidyas I'll ever get in my life.

Wait I liked the Evlution of Dance

Even though the iPhone was released in 2007 I still think YouTube retained the feeling of the old Internet up until about 2011, when they changed their layout

>Bazinga
>ps3 had no games, just cinematic shit like Ricky bobby and Uncharted
>babbies' first anime Gurren Laggan

Mostly because it "felt" like a turning point. The moment the popular consciousness turned entirely against Dubya, for example: while there had been strong opposition since at least the 2004 election, up until around 2006 you still found defenders. Even if the economy didn't crash in 2008, the 2008 campaign still would have been damage control by Republicans and a definite win for Democrats, and 2007 was when that became perfectly clear even if it was inevitable for years before that. 2006 and 2007 were also a shift in the visibility of the Internet, when memes became popular beyond geek circles: 2007 was the birth of the Rickroll, which went on to become, if not the first, then one of the widest early pushes of Internet culture into mainstream culture. The football team at your high school didn't know what Rule 34 was and couldn't tell you the context of a reference to the number 9000, but they knew someone on their social networking site of choice promised them a cool video and they ended up watching Rick Astley. In reality a lot of this stuff was building up for years before that, but so do the nutrient-drained remains of curry build up inside Pajeet's bowels for hours, and nobody except Pajeet notices it until he drops his pants, squats down, and lets his shit, like Internet culture and the leftist surge in 2007, hit the street.

I think these 2 had a lot to do with it. Neocon globalism reached more fruition than ever before. Blair was PM from 1997 to 2007 so we'd just had 10 years of fucking new labour.

Remember when Facebook wall posts were formatted as "(Name) is..."

>Wait I liked the Evlution of Dance
If you want to know why we slid downward, look no further than yourself, you fucking nigger.

This.

Anyone have that image of a list of years that starts with lol nerds and ends with nerds are so cool? You know the one.

go back home chink

>mfw 2007 was 10 years ago

And 1997 was 20 years ago... damn

>tfw 24

It's all happening so fast

Its the year runescape stopped being fun

I'm 27 this year how do we slow down time

im 32 ask me anything youngfags

user in his 30s reporting in. If you weren't in High School or college when 9/11 happened you shouldn't be here.

Not to mention, in 2007, the Democrats took control of Congress, AutoTune started getting big in music, the economy began crashing, the troop surge, etc.

>tfw all you know is 9/11, 2008 and Obama.

23yr old

I remember that year, we spend the summer in my grandma's house (who was on vacation for 6 months in her summer house abroad) until the interior of our new house was done so we could move in.

asl? relationship status? financial situation? current job? favorite ice cream flavor? political ideology? religious beliefs? culture? ethnicity?

Because the democrats took over in 06 that's why. Nancy Pelosi and the rest of them started imposing new regulations on the oil industry and along with events in the world that caused oil prices to rise, so we hit $5 a gallon in some states at the height and people had to choose between feeding there families or not paying there mortgages, and the rest is history.

Every time the democrats take over things turn to shit. But the gimmie dats don't care because it never impacts them. They get their money at the first and 15th of the month.

So 07 was when people who worked for a living got screwed by people who watch TV and post on social media for a living.

>rise of facebook
>obongo savior elected next year

This destroyed western society

I don't know, oldfriend

It just goes by faster and faster every year

To all you gen Z fucks it'll happen to you too, just you wait

>2007 was 10 years ago.

>48 years old.
>One day this will be you

>all normie games

That's right planning on quitting when I hit 25 in 2017.

Fuck, right in the nostalgia. I remember being so pissed when they removed PvP. Also, people actually played the game and enjoyed it back then. Castle Wars was always fun even if I got pwned by ancient mages, seriously fuck ice barrage. But now all anyone cares about is getting xp and acting like a snide asshole. 07scape is nice but the community from back then is long gone.

Shill less in 2017 pls

Were can I get asscreed? I need ass and I luv creed 2.

all you gotta know is to check these duubs

maybe due to the interconnectedness of all people and in turns all economies and nations which share that perspective?

personally I feel like the year it all went to shit was 2009, but that's just my opinion.

How the fuck is that shilling?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Recession
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subprime_mortgage_crisis

Fuck off, Leaf.

2007 was most definitely not 10/10 for games. Compare that to 1998:

>Ocarina of Time
>RE2
>MvC
>Half-Life
>Pokemon Red and Blue
>Grim Fandango
>Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
>Xenogears
>Tenchu
>Parasite Eve
>Starcraft and Brood War
>GT
>Unreal
>MediEvil
>Spyro
>MGS
>Fallout 2
>Banjo-Kazooie
>F-Zero X
>Rainbow Six
>Thief: The Dark Project
>Mario Party
>Suikoden II
>Sonic Adventure

Only good thing from 2007 was The Burning Crusade.

youtube.com/watch?v=IBHL_-biMrQ

>TWBB _AND_ No Country

2007 will always hold a special place in my heart.

m-mom?

Ocarina of Time sucked balls, I fell for the hype

The big bang theory came out

2016 makes all the other years look very bad in comparison

And 2017 will make 2016 look like shit. We've only cracked the dam, wait til the river starts flowing