i.imgur.com/URO0gWU.jpg
>Al Bab Dec22
i.imgur.com/KD3eNIN.jpg
>Aleppo Dec22
i.imgur.com/FlnmmT3.jpg
>Palmyra Dec18
i.imgur.com/G2AmOFe.jpg

Developments Jan 01 2017
>Happy New Year /sg/ - May 2017 be a better year for all of you!
>At least 39 killed, 69 injured in Istanbul nightclub terrorist attack
>Syrian Army intensifies offensive in western Damascus after rebels block water flow to millions
>Twin suicide bombing kills 28 people in Baghdad
>Syrian Army continue operations in E Ghouta and Wadi Barada
>SAA liberates new village in west Palmyra, 50 terrorists killed
>SAA attacks jihadist stronghold in W Idlib
>Jihadist refuse to surender last bastion on W Damascus
>FSA breaks ceasefire in N Hama
>Egypt to send peacekeeping forces to Syria
>IS general flees to EU with 400 soldiers disguised as refugees

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyGXbezkXvU
twitter.com/PalmyraRev1/status/815216333445070848
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077060/Obama-hit-racist-memes-Russian-social-media-Cold-War-style-hacking-row-spills-personal-abuse.html
twitter.com/SimNasr/status/815517937134141441
twitter.com/JohnDelacour/status/815218119417491456
twitter.com/EHSANI22/status/815196129910525952
twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/815215710154596353
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/815512210436804608
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/815512549328158720
twitter.com/ahrar_alsham_en/status/815278526068834305
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558938540277760
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558297625460737
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558013192904704
twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/815556083678855169
rt.com/news/372434-istanbul-mosque-gun-attack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for daddy Bashar.

Reminder that Jews are white, based and the real master race

G-d's chosen people will always win in the end

What a thot.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyGXbezkXvU

Reminder that if you marry one your children will be Jew, you have to attend Jewish stuff, you can't eat pork and non kosher.

Too much problems man.

WHY IS KURD SHITS TRYING TO TAKE NINEVEH? THEY HAVE NO CLAIM TO IT. KILL KILL KILL

Mosul: the iraqi army says that it took al Intisar neighborhood (south of al Quds neighborhood).
this wouldn't be the first time they announce/take it

They've freed up some of their best forces and secured ISIS's only exit out of Mosul. Now they are planning a siege. Slowly they strengthen their captured positions and take neighborhood by neighborhood while bombing ISIS.

Unless ISIS is making babies at an exponential rate and aging them with their superior scientists, they are running out of men.

death to jews

Likely Donmeh.

the siege is weak, ISIS already broke it once.
they announce taking neighborhood they have already announced they took it weeks/months before.

The iraqi army doesn't have enough elite forces to continue the push so they send the federal police in high numbers (expecting to advance despite huge casualities)

She's crazy for you.

Not entirely true. Obongo just sent some US troops to help out which is helping a lot; probably for political purposes to look good before he leaves. The siege was only broken from within and ISIS gained Mosul land, nothing more. What really matters is that they are running out of men. Unless they can dig a tunnel over a hundred kilometers long, they can't pass through Iraqi forces to resupply. They've turned to making their own weapons now but their facilities keep getting bombed.

They're not getting passed that red. Even travel outside of Mosul is instant drone death for them. There were rumors early on in the war that some Kurdish faction was buying their oil in return for guns, cars and US money.

>What really matters is that they are running out of men.
Do we even really know how many fighters ISIS has there?
estimations are around 5 000.

And how many got killed? the iraqi army claims 4 000 and the US 2 000...
(250-300 confirmed kamikaze bombers who blew themselves, but how many does ISIS have????)

Are these numbers true? i don't think so:
the US claims ISIS has 19 000 fighters in Iraq/Syria are and says it has killed 50 000 fighters since 2014 (obviously overaggerated).

Before the battle started, ISIS knew that they were going to besiege them inside the Mosul-Tel Efer pocket.

>Even travel outside of Mosul is instant drone death for them.

No, too big to monitor 24/7

>They've turned to making their own weapons now but their facilities keep getting bombed.

many little facilities + underground facilities -> impossible to destroy them all

Didn't Erdogan change his mind on Assad going and say he could stay?

Since the days are held secret negotiations between regime and brokers with #ISIS in order to agree on the oil and gas fields in #Palmyra

>twitter.com/PalmyraRev1/status/815216333445070848

It seems both Putin and Assad understood that an offensive towards Palmyra would be catastrophic for Assad's economy and logistics.

Now ISIS has a knife under their throats (Assad + FSA).

Remember the Idlib/Aleppo crisis when ISIS stopped selling oil there, all the FSA groups issued statements about it.

Assad has no more oil/gas now (except abu rabah gasfield which is a frontline with ISIS) and knows if he attacks, ISIS will blow the fields up

Erdogan doesn't know what he wants since the Putsch and says all kind of inconsistent stuff.

>all the FSA groups issued statements about it.

What did they say in their statements?

Good morning and happy 2017 /sg/!!!
May this year bring us many GAINS

anti-prune bump

>be roach
>go outside
>get stabbed, shot, blown up and ran over by a tank

>the term moderate Islam is offensive, Islam is Islam

>'Normally, I do not ask Grandfather Frost for anything. This year, I'm asking him to get rid of someone.'

t. Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4077060/Obama-hit-racist-memes-Russian-social-media-Cold-War-style-hacking-row-spills-personal-abuse.html

what did she mean by this?

/sg/ is as dead as the 39 guys in that turkish nighclub

Jailbreak in Bahrein, inmates detained for terrorism escaped.
They could be shiites or sunnis
>twitter.com/SimNasr/status/815517937134141441

if they are shiites, this can be a major excalation (but expected)

new isis video WHERE?

F

S

kek

Jews and Muslim are the same for fuck sake. Semites are Semites are Semites. Kill them all

(((Erdogan)))

Must suck being a bug AND chosen.

Pic related.

AshkeNazys are not Semites though. Google it.

Nice, happy new year m8

neat

no time stamp tho

Argentinabro posted it yesterday.

Nice green screen skills

i missed lurking previous threads. Please provide non-webm links if possible. Also bump

that's cool; still doesn't have a timestamp

What gains apart from Aleppo did the government gain between now and the start of 2016?

big gains in damascus and latakia governorates

Post some cool secret stuff that's down there!

>Current year
>Not already leaking against the system

SHYGGY DYGGY!

Are you being held against your will?
Are you being made to say things that you would normally not say?

Give us a signal that you need help and we can send Sup Forums to deliver some redpilled habbening to you

That was fun, thanks!

Alex Jones is the man! Definitely based water filtration salesman taking to the streets there.

Austria stronk

reposting ITT because there had been some pretty significant developments yesterday: Here's a roundup of the situation in Idlib, the rebels' last major stronghold, in case anyone's confused with all the shit going on in there (part 1):

>the two biggest factions in idlib are Ahrar Al Sham (the free of the Levant) and the Al Qaeda affiliated jabhat Al Nusra (the support front).
>ahrar Al sham are a pragmatic, Saudi funded, salafi organization with a national orientation ( ie beheading western infidels isn't too high on their priority list) while Al Nusra are a salafi jihadist group that believe in a world wide jihad against the enemies of Islam even though they're satisfied for now with keeping their activity within Syria.
>these two factions formed together the powerful alliance that broke the siege of Aleppo some time ago.
>ideologically speaking, Al Nusra had always been more attractive for young fighters who view the faction's beliefs and doctrines as more uncompromising than those of the other groups fighting in the country who came to be viewed by many as pragmatic gangs too willing to work with the west and who fight for authority rather than enforcing god's righteous way of life.
>after the defeat in Aleppo, the more "moderate" of the idlib fighters accused their comrades of leaving the battlefield behind to fight for turkey in northern Syria when they were most needed. Thus, the image of Al Nusra as an uncompromising and committed fighting group was reinforced.
>therefore jihadist hardliners inside ahrar Al sham started expressing their desire for joining Al Nusra. When they were faced with refusal, they decided to form a new group named jaish Al ahrar (army of the free) who they claimed to be a new unit whose ideology was in line with that of Al Nusra yet at the same time would keep working within the frame of ahrar Al sham.

Part 2:
>however, there are mounting demands within this new formation to explicitly join the ranks of Al Nusra. The important thing to understand here is that Al Nusra and ahrar Al sham had been keeping a rough balance in idlib for quite some time now and if jaish Al ahrar decided to defect then ahrar Al sham would be put at a serious disadvantage.
>even worse than that, a successful merger between jaish Al ahrar and Al Nusra would trigger a wave of defects among the reluctant fighters among ahrar Al sham. You also have to keep in mind that america had promised to deliver a massive batch of new weapons to ahrar Al sham but given that they face the danger of having their numbers substantially reduced, these weapons are pretty much useless and will probably end up in the hands of the already powerful Al Nusra the moment they are delivered.
>so as you can see, in the light of the defeat the jihadis suffered in Aleppo, the Turkish pivot towards Russia, the preparations for a new SAA operation in idlib and the haunting thought of trump pulling the plug on the rebels' arms supply, this supposed merger couldn't have come at a worse time for ahrar Al sham who are frantically trying to stop it from happening knowing that all it takes for their fighters to jump into the arms of Al Nusra is one more Syrian army victory like the one in Aleppo.
>ahrar Al sham now has two options in case their diplomatic efforts fail: either dispose of the dissidents with force (which will surely trigger a Nusra reaction) or watch as Al Nusra swallows up their fighters while their prospects of receiving advanced american weaponry diminishes with each passing day. in either case, the situation of the rebellion in Syria will become highly precarious.

that's a man baby

Part 3 (developments on 31/12/2016):
>sensing that trump is certain to cease arms supplies and that turkey had given up on them, the "moderates" now seem more willing than ever to join Al Nusra who are know exploiting the situation by publicly pushing for what might be the biggest merger in the entire history of the Syrian conflict (and perhaps the only effective one) and deliberately attempting to show themselves on social media as morally superior by pointing out how they were left alone to defend the Syrian people after the other rebel factions signed a cease fire deal that put them in a position where they had to stand by and watch in Hama and Aleppo while their brothers were being slaughtered by the SAA in Damascus (the shit flinging is fucking glorious).
>if this merger happens and Al Nusra pushes Ahrar Al Sham over the border, Idlib will basically become Qandahar 2.0, a place thoroughly under the absolute rule of Al Qaeda that even Charles lester won't have the audacity to advocate funneling weapons into.
>what needs to be understood here is that the prospect of american arms and training (or even direct air support) had always been the only thing keeping the rebels from defecting to Al Nusra. in the light of this, this move can only be explained by assuming that the rebels are now surely hopeless of these things. if this turns out to be true, Trump could've killed the Syrian "revolution" before even sitting in office.

twitter.com/JohnDelacour/status/815218119417491456
twitter.com/EHSANI22/status/815196129910525952
twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/815215710154596353
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/815512210436804608
Al Zinki group (the child be headers) deny knowing about the merger fatwa:
twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/815512549328158720
ahrar Al sham reaction:
twitter.com/ahrar_alsham_en/status/815278526068834305

tl;dr plox syria bro

Think you I read it all.
can you tell us about the Rebels in Daraa, Damascus, and the area between Homs and Hama?

Thanks, I found this interesting.

this pic is everything

So it`s actually possible that the war will end in 2017? How would that impact in the Assad`s goverment?

Dude this is an amazing summarized insight into the inner workings of the current Idlib factions

THANKS! are you one of the regular Syrian posters? you should do this more often

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR LADS

- LevantFalcon

And that's it for now. I'll keep you updated when there are new developments. Imo it's a little too early to celebrate now since trump could still flip his position on the matter if his (((advisors))) convinced him that Hezbollah and Iran in Syria were a larger threat than Al Qaeda.
I personally think that there's a possibility that the SDF might become the new FSA in case the rebellion was to collapse in the next year or so.

It's either join Al Qaeda or die for the rebels now

Damascus countryside will be liberated in the first half of 2017, the daraa front had been cucked by Jordan and there's some serious frictions between Al Nusra and some somaller rebel groups in nothern hama.
All the juicy stuff are in idlib.

Thanks bro. I'm thinking about it actually

cool thanks.

what are your sources bro? is this mainstream knowledge in syria?

youre the Damascus bro right?

Nice!

same to you aquafresh!

Thank you for your work. I posted your text on the /sg/ official twitter.
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558938540277760
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558297625460737
twitter.com/SyriaGeneral/status/815558013192904704

Anyway what's going on in the Palmyra front and the T4 airbase? will Qarartayn be okay?

Make a jew minister of finance?
What could possibly go wrong?

That was going to be my question.

Proof?

Arab social media. Aaron Lund and Joshua Landis on twitter provide the best commentary on this stuff.

Haha thanks bro. I hadn't been keeping up with Isis actually. It's easier to analyze the situation in Idlib because rebel leaders shitpost so much on twitter and Facebook.

If Barrel Bombs Could Speak They Would Be The Most Intelligent Weapons On Planet Earth.

how hard will it be for the SAA to take Douma?
Are the SAA just going to wait for more infighting between Jaysh al-Islam and al-Qaeda?

>tfw

Could you enlighten me on the Government-SDF relations currently? Good or bad and are they getting better or worse? What's the future looking like for the Kurds?

As far as I know Assad isn't too happy about the sdf especially after their last raqqa offensive. Turkey is too strategically important for the US, so I think trump might decide to stop antagonizing Erdogan by forcing the Kurds to give some territory back to the SAA under the threat of pulling back american support. The Kurdish situation is extremely tricky imo: on one hand, it's impossible for the Kurds to go back into being subordinate subjects and on the other, every country in the region is working on undermining their ambitions. There's still the chance that the "neo FSA" scenario might happen. Maybe the CIA (whose sole responsibility is toppling assad) will create a mongrel mix of ex turkey affiliated jihadis and sdf dighters who will try to undermine Assad and prevent the formation of an independent ethno Kurdish state at the same time. Of course that will turn into a bigger clusterfuck than anything we have on Syrian soil right now.

Al Nusra is east ghouta is relatively weak when contrasted against all the other factions in the region and jaish Al Islam is a shadow of what it once used to be. The douma operation will be a swift and easy one.

Ok, so far Russia has lost:

Ukraine
>over 500 soldiers killed
>over 1,500 soldiers wounded
>undisclosed amount of trucks and armored vehicles (used by both the Russian Armed Forces and the pro-Russian terrorists)

Syria
>PALMYRA, AGAIN AHAHAHAHAH
>115 soldiers and civilian personnel killed (including a prostitute paid to entertain Russian and Syrian servicemen)
>35 contractors killed
>3 warplanes (one shot down)
>1 civilian airliner (lol)
>5 helicopters (three shot down)
>undisclosed amount of trucks and armored vehicles (used by both the Russian Armed Forces and the Syrian Armed Forces)

It's safe to assume that Russia is no longer a threat. Their conventional military as well as power projection are laughable at best.

China will soon take the spot as the second most powerful military.

It baffles me that they're still the mainstream media boogeyman when the US Fifth Fleet ALONE could obliterate Russia from afar.

Russia is like that boxeur that was world champion in the 70s and now is in a wheelchair but still thinks he can take on the young champions.

It's pathetic honestly and how they're destroying their economy just to help out THEIR ONLY ALLY in the region, Assad, who is hanging by a thread is laughable and idiotic.

When NATO will stop playing aroung and actually kick some Russian ass, they'll immediately withdraw to their frozen wasteland and abandon all their allies, like they did with Serbia, Iraq, Libya, etc.

Wow, still the same thread, anyway:

Yemen news

Yemeni Army, Popular Forces Capture 3 Saudi Military Bases in Al-Jawf Province

>The Yemeni forces captured three Saudi bases in the towns of Khob and al-Sha'af in al-Jawf province, killing 30 military men; FNA reported.

Saudis should just stop already. It clearly isn't working.

Nice b8 m8 8/8

The SDF does have a pact of non-aggression with Assad currently if I'm not mistaken, right? "Enemy of my enemy is my friend"-scenario. Isn't their official goal a federalization of Syria to gain more autonomy and hope they'll achieve that by helping Assad? Even they must understand that fighting against Assad + Turkey + Russia is a battle that they cannot win, right?

Why even bother.

>slavs are dumb enough to answer blatant bait

And also KRG and also Iran.
KRG has "rather tense" relationship with YPG and Barzani would rather wreck their shit than have them continue acting like petulant children.
SDF/YPG chimpout is not in Iran's best interests, so they'll make sure to bonk them too.
Turkey is obvious.

>Women in my military
FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PRUSSIA WILL RISE AGAIN FUCK OFF WOMEN GO SUCK SOME NIGGER DICKS JUST LEAVE ME MY MILITARY YOU STUPID CUNTS

Dismiss one, just ONE of my arguments.
Protip: you can't.

twitter.com/JulianRoepcke/status/815556083678855169

Does Julian unironically wish for western military intervention against Assad? And at the same time laments civilian losses due to syrian and russian air strikes? Does he not realise that the west toppling Assad by force would lead to even more civilian casualities? Has he gone insane from butthurt?

Alliance come and go. Remember how the Kurds chilled out against the SAA in Qamishly? The Kurds are viewed as american proxies by Assad and they now control some of the most crucial parts of Syria (rmilan oil fields for example) so even if he cozys up to them every now and then, I don't believe he'll ever be too happy about sharing borders with them. If the Kurds join the Russian camp, a deal of sorts might be achieved among the various players but if they insist on their alliance with the US, a conflict between them and the SAA is bound to happen after the moderates are done with.

Numbers confirm Al Nusra becoming the only faction and the revolution stops getting international support this year.

Fuck me. The ride never ends.

>chilled out
Chimped out

you need to try harder

your pasta. its getting stale. better cook up a new one m80.

thank you for this!!

rt.com/news/372434-istanbul-mosque-gun-attack/

I will bake you

>happy new year
>/sg/
hmmmmm i guess this guy posted it on reddit back in july

he operates under the assumption that when a "good" guy works towards a "good" end, the means must automatically be "good" too (or that the means dont matter at all - hence his ignoring of US strikes killing people in Mosul), nowhere does logic come into this

hes a perfect example of what happens to your brain when you pick a side (+when youre paid to pick a side)

>#Turkey #Istanbul - Man opens fire in a mosque in Istanbul's Sariyer district. At least 2 people injured. Attacker fled scene.

>/sg/ is a pathetic circlejerk thread
no surprise

Those poor prostitutes

Being an american proxy won't matter much after January 20th, but I doubt Assad would like to extend the conflict even further just to stomp out any possible resistance. He might be more inclined towards a slow and gradual democratization process of Syria once the war is over, and letting the kurds have some autonomy might be a good step in that direction. Having good relations with the kurds will be a good counter towards Turkey too, so crushing them won't be the best long-term option for Assad. An internal conflict among the kurds is probably more likely, between the leadership who is pro-federalism and renegades who are for full independence. Assad will support the federalists, and the renegades defeated. How realistic is that scenario?