E-Mail Service Provider

What E-Mail Service Provider does Sup Forums use in everyday life?

I'm using GMail, but I'm wondering if there's anything better around?

Other urls found in this thread:

uberspace.de/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
startpage.com/blog/ixquick/how-the-yahoo-hack-impacts-you-even-if-you-dont-have-a-yahoo-account-and-how-to-get-safe-again/#hmb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>yahoo
>hotmail
>gmail
they are all shit. Go back to sending letters, its way more secure

le grandpa has arrived

Keep using Gmail. You don't have anything to hide, do you?

Proton mail is hot shit. Pretty much everything Google has, but mailbox encryption and not evil.

Hilariously true. got important stuff? send it in non descript package and be done

cock.li is the most redpilled E-Mail provider.

Proton looks quite interesting. I can't decide between that or Outlook.

>Proton mail
anything more popular than this is absolutely cucked

Still rocking my old hotmail account.

Tutanota is what I use, because I prefer the format to Protonmail.

But they are more or less equal, which is to say, about the best you can hope for regarding web mail, but still inferior to your own server with PGP or GPG encryption. I'm just too fucking lazy to deal with that shit, though, so Tutanota it is.

>trusting the (((postal service))) and their (((mailboxes)))
>not sending mail by carrier pigeons that you bred yourself

Protonmail

Nice display, free accounts, easy to make, no (((verification))) to make them, encrypted etc....

It wont stop the NSA from hacking you but you can get rid of tons of shit and it's a nice alternative to Google.

And you can have hundreds of different accounts if you want.

Both Tutanota and Protonmail wouldn't be able to help the NSA very much, so long as you actually keep the mail on their servers (which is optional, even when the people you are sending email to don't use Tutanota or Protonmail; you just need to give them the password you want them to have in order to unlock the actual message, and the service will just email the person with a link to the message).

If you do that, all they have is metadata. Tutanota doesn't even have the subject or attachments, just To, From, and Time.

I used to run ghostmail but they sold out and are now cucked

Who the fuck does that? Remember that mail isn't secure either

If I'm going to be sending a message or data that is super fuckng secure I'm going to put it on removable storage get in my car drive it to the person sending it to and placing it directly in their hand

Outlook (whether you mean the website, or the application) is worse in every conceivable way than Gmail. They take as much as Gmail does, but provide the end user with less.

Tutanota or Protonmail are the only two real options.

Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, they are all mercantile companies and extensions of the US government and its various organs, the NSA sees to that.

Not only do all those companies have co-operation agreements for bulk collection with the NSA, but in addition to that the NSA has comprehensively infiltrated and penetrated them to the point where even if they somehow unilaterally withdrew from bulk collection/co-operation, it would make no difference.

If you are storing information with these mercantile companies then you are enriching the power of the NSA, the US administration, and their crony companies/friends/partners.

See the Snowden material and countless other leaks for proof.

Old yahoo account and old hotmail account

I don't use email for anything except for short messages sending small files that I do t give a fuck about the security of and making accounts

Protonmail is now pwn3d by Israel.
Their anti-DDoS solution mans sending everything via Mossad.

Yandex with my own domain, which you can link for free.
Also have protonmail, but afaik you cant use imap and get limited space (free version).
Fuck gmail.

>not setting up your own email server

Correct. Hell, even if Google, etc DIDN'T want to cooperate, the stuff isn't sent over encrypted channels, so they can literally get it through other means.

Also, any email that is older than 6 months is considered forfeit to the federal government. This was the policy form email's inception, and had nothing to do with PRISM.

>yandex

Found the Russian hacker

I like Israel better than Jewgle, desu.

>he doesnt even use telepathy

>Yahoo
In the first incident, a record 500 million accounts were breached, then the biggest breach in history. Then it was revealed that Yahoo had willingly abetted the NSA in conducting indiscriminate mass surveillance on all Yahoo users. THEN, Yahoo broke its own record by disclosing that over 1 billion accounts had been breached.

If anyone uses Yahoo after all that, they deserve whatever comes to them.

Hilary pls go.

> current year
> not paying 0,01€/month for infinite webspace
> not hosting his own email

guise I thought Anonymous was a hacker movement am I wrong here?

uberspace.de/

It amounts to the same thing.
Now protonmail is routed via anti-ddos boxes which Mossad have access to, they simply bargain with the Americans to give them your information. Well played America's greatest ally.

Ultimately all these technology companies act as mercantile corporations for their respective governments. This is why tech is so important to Israel and the US and why France/Germoney/etc are so butthurt and disadvantaged strategically.

This is much harder and stressful than you probably think, because of various anti-spam measures other services employ. Absolutely not worth the effort for a private person.

I wonder if these "big breaches" are some form of parallel construction. This stuff is too big to be just random happenings and disclosure. Too much $$$ is at stake.

Really makes you thinik...

Well as I said the first time, I'd still rather use Protonmail to Google.

At least it makes Google redundant in a way.

If you actually use PGP or GPG encryption, this is the best way to ensure your shit is secure.

If you don't, it's a double edged sword. It's secure through obscurity, but it also generally will have very few, if any, security protocols if discovered (especially if you are using Windows on it). Gmail and the like actually DO give you stuff in exchange for your information, like virus scanners, spam detectors, and the like, which can arguably keep your computer more secure, although any info you have via the email is obviously in the hands of government.

Pretty sure that Yahoo didn't want to have its shit pushed in by a court for not disclosing the 2 largest breeches in history to Verizon before the purchase went through.

mail.com

>no tracking
>as anonymous as smtp gets
>optional encryption/signing most free hoster don't even support
>most hackers won't even bother trying to hack you since the time/reward ratio sucks
the leaf is right

kek.

Host my own.

Tutanota is arguably better on that front, but, that said, it's still an email service that isn't in your direct control. Always assume that the government will eventually get what it wants from said email companies. Tuta's own transparency report even outright says how many legitimate German Court Orders they have received and surrendered information to (I think it's totaling 12-14 over the past year and a half). They SAY all they can do is hand over metadata, and their code is open source, but if you aren't able or willing to parse through all that code, you just have to take their word on it. Pretty sure Protonmail is in the same boat, best case scenario. Worst case is the Israel thing making the entire process irrelevant.

I don't use it for anything more than making accounts that I dont give a fuck about (read: throwaways)

Fett Amis kann nicht Deutsch sprechen, Kamerade.

pff fuck letters those can be intercepted go back to
carrier pigeons if you really want to be secure

Gmail is the most safest atm, yahoo got hacked too many times allready.

Kek has spoken.

What about gmx?

He's right only if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. If you are going to go lax on anything, you can get raped real hard. Which is why I said it is a double edged sword.

Doesn't potentially matter. They likely get your name, birth date, a password, and some info via security questions and answers. Depending on which accounts you have used this for, the potential for exploitation and fraud is there.

Now, if you lied on all this bullshit, and don't have your real name, your real birth date, real security questions, or use the same password anywhere else, the risk is pretty well mitigated.

But, even then, that doesn't mean you should reward bad security practices with continued business. At best, you should migrate to a new email account. It's a pain in the ass, but, if you choose wisely, you'll only need to do it once.

Are you in your 50's or what?

Protonmail
"Muhh Jews"
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
Look it up on reddit.com/r/privacy for more info
>inb4 muhh reddit
Still decent in some small fields eg privacy or netsec

I honestly wonder that about a lot of Sup Forums. For as tinfoil hat as Sup Forums can be sometimes, there are too many screenshots from Windows, and it seems like pretty much everyone is just fine with using unencrypted mail.

In my opinion, shit like Proton and Tuta should be the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM accepted security standards on Sup Forums.

For what it's worth ya pommy bastard, I'm 26.

While Tuta sounds good, it keeps fucking me over with the password creation. I'd rather support Germans than Chinese, but Proton seems much better in this case.

I haven't had a password problem with tuta. I chose 3 words and separated them with dashes, then added a number and a symbol to the end.

An example would be something like:

One-Fast-Horse-017!

Anyone can think of 3 words that are important to them, and an important number to tack onto the beginning or end.

I like to keep my passwords simple. Not John Podesta level simple, but something I can easily remember off the top of my head.

Stopped using Gmail a few years ago when I decided it was time to boycott (((American))) behemoths. I have been using Yandex, which is the Russian better equivalent (and I prefer to be spied upon by uncle Poutine).

Again, if you can't think of three words that are important to you, specifically, followed by a number that's important to you, specifically, then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm 30, and I still remember my school ID numbers for highschool AND college. Each one of those, by themselves, were 8 numbers.

I mean, its your choice, but Tuta wants you to have a strong password, because if you don't, then there's not much point to the encryption.

literally everybody targeting freemailers is interested in the user database, not the mail you have in your inbox
finding something useful among the mail is tedious and time consuming
selling a password list/rainbow table for a few 100k dollarinos isn't

eat shit gramps

10minuteemail

I did lie

What I liked back in the day was i didn't have to (((sign up using a phone number)))

Made the account to make shitposting and troll accounts and it's served me well. Fake name I was born in 1900 and my first pets name was fuck

The password to that throwaway is literally 9876654310 and I still have it

You're a fucking disgrace to our country - even more-so than the subhuman gypsies because you should be better.

>le
>grandpa because the guy knows yahoo,hotmail and gmail are ultra-cucked.

Stop it, kikebook guy.

startpage.com/blog/ixquick/how-the-yahoo-hack-impacts-you-even-if-you-dont-have-a-yahoo-account-and-how-to-get-safe-again/#hmb

This, proton is the minimum. Too many faggots use Windows too. Linux and its variations are quality if given a chance

Agreed. People need to stop using the gaming excuse. It's one thing if you are using something proprietary like Photoshop or AutoCAD for your job, but staying on Windows because of games is just a horrible excuse. If that's really all you have, you should dualboot, and only go to Windows when you want to game.

Damn. Startmail is expensive as fuck for what you get.

calm down grandpa

>Damn. Startmail is expensive as fuck for what you get.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. But there are alternatives, some of them free (but with only like 1 GB of storage).

You can get 10 GB of storage through tuta for a fee, and 1 GB for free.

I think Proton only gives you 500MB for free, though I'm not sure. Proton's non-free stuff is also very expensive in comparison to tuta's, which I don't understand, considering their larger userbase (which means more premium members), the fact that they take donations, AND their storefront for shit like clothing and stickers. Hell, their "limited" lifetime premium accounts went for 1000 bucks one year's black friday, and more than 1300 the next year's.

They must be raking in the cash, because Tutanota has already surpassed their "break even" point with their much cheaper premium membership stuff. It would take me more than 22 years to break even on that price point in comparison to Tuta's stuff (only difference is that Tuta would offer 10 fewer aliases - 40 in comparison to Proton's 50).

Fucking crazy prices, man.

it doesn't matter what countries it gets routed through if it's encrypted

It's routed through Israel in order to weed out spam, phishing, and viruses, I believe.

How would Israel know which messages were phishing if they didn't have the ability to scan the messages?

(((Proton)))

because 99.99999% of spam and phishing is sent over unencrypted smtp

to be clear, I am saying that if you use proton and only send email to/from people who use end-to-end encrypted services, then it's relatively safe

Ah, gotcha. Yes. So long as you keep your messages on their servers, you're good.

I'm not familiar with protonmail, but if they are anything like Tuta, you should be able to keep all emails you send on their server with a click of a button. The recipient will just get a message telling them that they have a message from [email protected], and to click a link to see it, where they will need to enter in an agreed upon password.

Alternatively, if you can send/receive PGP or GPG, that would work too, although be tougher to send messages to people unfamiliar with the tech, like your mom or something.

Use Gmx. Secure and you can encrypt your emails. Company specifically moved all its servers out of the USA because of the us spying scandal and became very privacy oriented. Not like Google who literally admitted to snooping on your emails. Also it doesn't look as autistic as hushmail or anything but still provides some security

I host my own using OpenBSD.

Anyway, if the other party is on e.g. Gmail you are still fucked.

No encryption (typical, but disqualifying), advertisement-based (typical, but disqualifying), no 2FA (which is surprising, considering the fact that they are considered a major email provider in Europe), I could forgive it not having 2 Factor Authentication if they were moving towards it and were in the early development stages, but they aren't and they aren't. Those are 3 very bad problems.

You couldn't pay me to use GMX Mail.

There are still ways around that. Give me a mule email account you have, and I'll show you.

Postfix

>games

What about them?

pic was related

Zoho

Don't get the reference. Seen the guy's pic around here, but no idea where it is from or what the threads that had it were in reference to.

Gmail and Yandex

Just monitor my shit up senpai

The joke usually associated with the pic is "stop doing x"

whoever started it took it from Varg Vikernes' yt channel ThuleanPerspective, to make fun of his having so many videos telling people why they shouldn't do certain things.

Thanks.

i have a personal exchange server

I run my own email server.

this, no computer is safe.i have a boy who's 10 year old,he can do anything with a computer.

mailbox.org
if you want extra security, you are able to automatically pgp encrypt all incoming emails so even if someone accessed your account they couldn't read shit

You forgot to mention that it uses DANE, which is commendable.

This is the first email provider I've seen in this thread (outside of Tutanota and Protonmail) that looks worth a damn.