How old were you when you grew out of Christianity?

How old were you when you grew out of Christianity?

When my family couldn't afford the tuition to a private lutheran school

Last year when I was 12, I'm an atheist now, fuck religion and dead kikes on sticks. I do what I want.

16, started to read deep into science and at the same time realized people in church actually think you are consuming the body and blood of Christ.

Now I am agnostic,

Christianity is the ultimate red pill. It's understandable people still have trouble digesting the pure undiluted truth of the Bible. You'll get there eventually.

>tfw thinking of becoming Catholic

Its such a big leap of faith though, to believe in the Incarnation, I'm such a pleb, bye.

Around 11

Then at 27 I got back into it lol

Grew out of it at a young age, came back at 20.

Around 13 when my grandpa died

Now I'm past the aggressive atheist phrase, and I'm more into just not giving a flying fuck about religion in general but respecting the fact that people believe in some shit, obviously unless they go all in and start calling me an antichrist.

left it at 15

Returned to it at 25; greatest decision i ever made in my life.

Since birth

when I realized that no all-loving deity would come up with something like bone cancer in children.

original sin is about as valid as the number on your birth cert. showing the debt you owe from the second you were born into this world.

At 13 when I became Shibuyasha, the red and black devil, with my power and my katana I needed nothing else, what a time to be alive, I would transform into a catgirl with red eyes when watching my japanese animes and this improved my honor kills in world of warcraft where I played a horde undead rogue while listening to children of bodom. Truly these were the good times, nowadays I have matured and just look at infographics of the universe while I listen to Rammstein on my audiophile headphones, baffled at the stupidity of the believers.

get b& newfaggot kek

how do you justify your faith?
The whole concept of faith is believing in something without evidence - how do you do this? What made you decide to believe in something with no observable proof?

Never did.

was atheist since i was born.

parents werent religious and I never felt the need to worship a nonexistant skydaddy.

something like 4 to be honest. Never understood it

Logic

Elaborate

there is proof

Oh well its settled then. God exists everyone, its LOGICAL

where?

When I realized that there have been thousands of different Gods worshipped by mankind in our history. They all can't be true, only one can, but there are no good arguments for believing that. There is no empirical way to establish whether one religion is more true than another, just appeals to hope and scripture.

I was about 8 at the time.

I was at a christian school but they taught me rapidly at the age of 17 that i won't belong to their religion

He will cite his Holybook.

Logic dictates God must exist because it it mathematically impossible for you to be sitting here by chance in a deterministic universe.

Dropped it during my later high school years then picked it up again because I realized society is better with it.

To play along with your logic, all that proves is that A god exists - not necessarily the specific one that you believe in
How do you know that the god you believe in is the one true god?

there is a good reason why to belive the early christian writers + prophecies and some verses consistent with modern science

No it doesn't. You just don't understand the universe, so you're shoving god in there to give yourself a comforting explanation.

Get out of Sup Forums scum. This is a Christian board.

>walking on water
>transmutation of water to wine
Explain the physics and chemistry behind this in modern scientific terms please.

Amen.

This board is being infiltrated by atheist commies. This needs to be fixed. Warm up the gas chambers lads.

>miracles preformed by god
god can do anything

12. No, wait, 15. Dungeons and dragons, man.
Magic isn't real yo.

That's because you come from a cucked country of sinners.

>follows a religion about showing love to those who transgress you where only God can judge people
>wants to judge and kill others
???

Which God?

God of the bible

When I grew up I realised that Islam is the only true religion.

And you said the miracles coincided with modern science, so I'm still waiting for an explanation.

13 was when I really started to question everything around me due to my surroundings.

Faked being Christian until 15 or so.

>follows x
>thinks he wont do y because of x

Right Wing politics are concerned with the long-term survival of Civilization

Christianity is only concerned with personal salvation to become part of a nebulous afterlife for which no evidence exists, and for which this world needs to be sacrificed, which is best expressed in the way early christians like Martin of Tours refused to fight enemies of their nations, insofar killing in this world could cost them heaven

When Jesus says "if they take your coat, let them have your shirt as well", "do not resist evil", "I have come to turn a man against his own household", "if you don't hate your self and your own family you can't follow me", "love your enemies, pray for your persecutors", "the meek will inherit the Earth", "those that wanna die will live", "blessed are those the persecuted, for they will be my Kingdom", "do not save treasures for tomorrow", "carry your cross so that you can receive eternal reward", "Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you'll have treasure in heaven", "it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye than for the rich to enter Heaven", "Woe to you who are well fed, Woe to you who laugh, for you will mourn and weep"...

... he is not kidding, or meaning the opposite, but actually setting down a morality where the world is a lie and only the afterlife is the real deal, so destroying your life in this world, "carrying your cross" as he says, is completely logical

Sup Forums "christians" seem to believe Jesus actually meant the OPPOSITE of all that, and that Jesus wants you to defend your family, that Jesus wants you to kill your enemies, to become prosperous, well-fed and rich in this world, and to avoid persecution and death!

Only a person that does not actually believe in the Heaven for the persecuted, the meek, and the martyred would actually re-interpret Christianity as a cult of earthly power which declares "the strong shall inherit the Earth", "my kingdom is of this world" and "you must destroy the enemies of your nation"

Only some one that just wanna use Christianity as an empty shell devoid of any true religious promises would claim that Paul and Peter misinterpreted Jesus when they submitted to their enemies and died to them while praying for them, instead of fighting the romans back and establishing a crusader kingdom, thing that one would expect them to do if Jesus meant "be a fighter and impose your will on your enemies" when he said "love your enemies and lend all they need to them without expecting anything in return"

But using Christianity as a shell devoid of any religious promises simply allows its poisonous morality to survive into the next generation.

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "I didn't come to bring peace", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing what Jesus wanted is for them to put christian morality above the good-being of their own families.

Lads how do I go about going to a church. I was raised Catholic but I stopped going to church and became an edgy atheist at about 14, but I want to go back now. I've looked it up and there's a SSPX Catholic Church maybe 15 minutes away from me. Do I just go and talk to the father there? I'm a mexispic so I've only ever gone to church in Spanish, it's the same thing just different language right?

Which bible? The old testament and new testament god is very different.

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because "Buy a sword", but you can't stop them from reading the next chapter and realizing that Jesus stopped Peter from using the sword to fight and defeat the romans, and reprimanded him for misunderstanding, all while asking him to carry his own cross (Peter, fully realizing that Jesus meant all the stuff about embracing death and his kingdom was not of this world, that angelic chariots were not going to slay his enemies and bring him victory, realized he was doomed, and would then deny Jesus 3 times)

You can tell your children that Jesus wanted them to be earthly warriors because ""Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces", but you can't stop them from reading the rest of the paragraph and realizing that Jesus was asking them, not to destroy their enemies, but to not put in risk their own moral position by criticizing others. You may want them to believe that Jesus, in the middle of a speech about not judging other people and sharing, suddenly decided that speak against the muslims that didn't even exist back then!

That is not going to fly.

Sooner or later, your "strict catholic crusader" state will be reformed into liberalism, because the Gospel will still exist, because your children, like Peter, will realize that Jesus meant it when he said "you are to be persecuted and martyred for me", that Jesus didn't say "you will live in a stable and powerful civilization, free of oppresion and death, thanks to me".

Why would someone who has truly received the revelation of God in their life want to kill other people?

Fair question. Answer is not simple. Much to do with old testament prophecies

15 m8 21 now

This is the point where I can't tell anymore

exactly. god is the explanation for our existance. why does god have to be some humanoid with magic powers? if something just made a spark which started it all why cant we call it god

You don't have to follow god's logic to create a better Christian world when you are an agent of Kek. Sup Forums woke up Kek and now the prophesies will be fulfilled. If you didn't want a demon fixing the world you shouldn't have tinkered with meme magic.

Probably around 9 or 10. I attended Church for a while and was baptized but I felt no faith, as if the spark of faith was never there to begin with. My family is all religious other than myself.

I have been leaning more towards Christianity in the last year but I still feel nothing.

i haven't heard that many cases of a christian zealot killing people and claiming he received the revelation of god.

>current year
>religion

Go kiss nigger feet Chriscucks

modern science doesnt refute an all powerful god so it is posible he exists

The Pope himself ordered the crusades. You think you know more about Christianity and the will of Christ than the Pope? You sound like you're coming from a protestant position where the word of the Bible trumps all, Protestantism is dumb and always has been though.

>>>/amazing banana comment section/

Such revelations come from demons.

You may think that's how it would work in theory. But how did it work in practice?

In practice Christian Europe fought tooth and nail to stop the Muslims from taking over (see Poitiers, Lepanto, Vienna etc.). The when Europe secularises, athiests let them in and they proceed to walk all over everyone and shoot up nightclubs. Athiest Europe then talks about how they need to be more inclusive.

Evidence here is in favour of Christianity.

14 or 15 I think, when I became interrested in science (mostly astronomy) and realized that an anthropocentric religion doesn't make any sense.

I was religious and very into the supernatural before and I believed in things because I wanted to, it made the world more interesting, comfier. I kept an open mind and I still have some sort of spirituality but I tend to believe or be ok with things that are at least plausible and don't contradict science and logic. So no more human religions for me.

>There is no evidence
Kid, you live in a world that will send eyewitness to a mental hospital with your approval.
An eyewitness is somebody God favored with evidence to make sure he goes to heaven.
Then you go and ruin the life of said guest while presenting us with silly notions of chemistry and physics that any god would bend, just like I can do real time modifications on a video game engine or script them, being able to see videogames while you dont understand how the owner of reality can change anything makes you stupid by a large margin.

Amen, the Bible is the ultimate red pill.

8 or 9, learned about Greek mythology in school, couldn't rationalise how the christian god could be real while the greek ones weren't, asked my parents about it, they basically told me they don't believe in god either and the only reason we go to church for holiday services and have blessing done on the house was just to keep my grandparents happy.

Been living in terror of eternal nothingness ever since.

But they do it more in Muslim world.

I am asking you the exactly same thing

You think you know more about Christianity and the will of Christ than the Pope Francis and than Paul and Peter themselves?

that one medieval Pope decided to try and failed to make Christianity into a religion of conquest does not change history, and the current Pope is the best proof of that

You DO know that the Ottomans conquered Constantinople because CHRISTIAN CRUSADERS blew the fuck out if it right?

You do know that Ottomans managed to reach Vienna because Protestants and Catholics were too busy massacring each other across Europe right?

It would not be until 1914 WAY after the Enlightenment, way after the Frenc Revolution, that the turks would finally be expelled from most of the balkans

Japan is extremely secular and they only got fucking SIX refugees last year

While christian churches import thousands of somalians to little towns of the Mid West

Listen to this man.

Most people on earth have no idea what reality is.

You live in a make believe world.

same, i understand why people do it but there are SO FUCKING MANY, i might as well accept the scientific theory as a neutral one and until i find something that clicks with me

From a fucking brit

Amen, I grew up and turned to Christianity about a year ago now, I regret none of it, i'm finally at peace with myself and with god

you have to go back

If miracles coincided with modern science then they wouldn't be real miracles.... God can do anything He wants, kind of like how we can do what we want in our imaginations but He can do it in reality.

When I was 12 and started going through my edgy stage, then I became a Christian again when I became 15.

>Protestantism is dumb and always has been
>Taking the word of the pope to be on the same level as God when historically popes have frequently been corrupt and unbiblical is okay though

you forgot the proxy on

Francis mission might be to soften Catholicism, this opens the door to another Pope. One that has to fix the issues caused by the softening of the church... This fix might be conquest. Before Francis there was no support for conquest, after Francis there might be! Think of what's happened, after Francis Brexit happened, and Trump got elected. He's doing a great job at turning people into more radical conqueres.

25, finally broke free. It's tough when you're raised from birth in it, you believe what your parents and adults tell you.

When I was 7 and realized preachers drive better cars than normal people and work 1 day of the week.

>It is mathematically impossible
Therefore a magical creature from our imagination caused it?

For all you know I might be a devout Irishman you heathen.

top delusion

christian churches in Europe are increasingly more against the right, and why would it be otherwise?

what Gospel's justification can there be for interpreting "loving your enemies" as killing them when Paul and Peter didn't do such thing!

Pëkka pls

You DO know the reason Spain isn't Muslim is because CHRISTIAN CRUSADERS blew the fuck out of it right?

>You do know that Ottomans managed to reach Vienna because Protestants and Catholics were too busy massacring each other across Europe right?

To be stopped by a religious-based alliance led by the Holy Roman Emperor and the Catholic Poles.

>It would not be until 1914 WAY after the Enlightenment, way after the Frenc Revolution, that the turks would finally be expelled from most of the balkans

By the still very Christian Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians who had been fighting the Turks for centuries and refused to submit to Islam because of their religion.

>Japan is extremely secular and they only got fucking SIX refugees last year

Bad comparison. Japan never went through an 'Enlightenment' so ethno-nationalism is still okay there.

>Inb4 Christianity caused the Enlightenment

No. The fact that Europe was the first to undergo a mechanistic scientific revolution generally led to that. Christians were always the largest opponents of Enlightenment philosophy

>While christian churches import thousands of somalians to little towns of the Mid West

Yep, Church today is shit, but only because they put Enlightenment ideology ahead of true Christianity. When people actually believed in Christianity, this didn't happen.

Please provide me some evidence of athiests being better at stopping Muslims.

I was die hard Atheist until 17, then agnostic with self-improvement until 24, now turned to hardcore Christian.

Best decision of my life, feeling the power of the live religion and true God.

10 when i was an altar boy and a priest molested me, he didn't fuck me or anything. He wanted me to touch his cock, after he started touching mine. I told my dad and he went down to the chapel and battered him. My dad unbelievably got done with GBH and spent 9 months in jail. And of course the priest was the victim and got let off a custodial sentence. And an "investigation" was carried out by the church, which was fruitless of course.

Now I spend my time trying to convince people of the truth; that Christianity is a rewriting of the Sumer Tablets, not unlike a movie reboot to be blunt. Its all ancient fables and lies. But people never want to hear the truth. Sad really

And i might be a gopnik or a Sven, so what.
Religion is for cucks, christianity even more so compared to many others

(((Europe))) salvation comes from the Americas and Asia. Europe has been turned into an Islamic continent by Jewish intervention. The next crusade is to take back Europe and the crusaders will be American and Asian, Trump and Duterte are no accident.

You really should pay more attention.

*le tips le tips*

You made me sad
I hope the priest dies of testicular torsion

>Take back Europe
By endorsing Israeli settlements and causing more war and displacement in the middle East? Fucking idiot.

Sounds like you are a kike, hello Mr. Rabbinowitz.

Left at 13.
Came back last year.

Feel infinitely better about being alive, now.

>

I remember questioning this shit when I was 10

>you disagreee with me so you must be a basement-dweller virgin with no gf. Haha im so superior because i believe in skydaddy because i cant face the truth about everyone dying, whether we want it or not.
Kys faggot, what a shit contribution to the thread

This bait needs to stop

Age 0