AMERICA YES: ‘Check Your Privilege’ Cards Are This Holiday Season’s Best Gift

nymag.com/thecut/2016/12/check-your-privilege-cards-are-the-best-gift.html

>If you haven’t bought gifts for your loved ones this holiday season, here’s an idea: Instead of throwing away cash on hoverboards and cashmere scarves, have a “Check Your Privilege” card at the ready whenever they need a small reminder.

Great, fun, idea to remind people about institutional privilege, don't you think? It takes more than government action to combat privilege, it takes societal change.

Which of these apply to you Sup Forums?

able-bodied white male citizen

>citizen

Able-bodied
White
Heterosexual
Male
Citizen

>socioeconomic
the fuck do they even mean by that?

If someone actually gifted me that I'd fucking smack their shit so hard

idk, the socio part would be covered by white, why not just say economic?

I would gladly spend the night in jail and pay whatever fines I'd get if some faggot handed me one of these cards.

it means your not a retarded nigger on welfare

White Heterosexual Able-bodied Socioeconomic Christian male Citizen.

Socioeconomic is the only valid one there, it's just what rung of society you were born in, upper, lower, or middle class.

If someone unironically gave me one of those I would elbow them straight in the jaw.

in the blank space

check Sane

after reading the card
seriously believe it is a privilege now

Socioeconomic privilege= "you have/make more money than I do"

>citizen
Oh I'm mad.

>have enough money and time to make custom cards printed to hand out to strangers

>not privilege

Hmmmm

>How to become alienated from your own family: the gift

i really wish all these privileged white pieces of trash would go live with niggers for a few years Im sure they'd change there minds fast as fuck

If I got one of these I would literally sperg out

I would like to unironically like to ask what does 'check' in the phrase 'check one's privilege' actually means.

Mind you, this is a serious question.

Is it something like 'acknowledge the fact you are priviliged'? Or is it more like 'see how privileged you are'?

Lmao imagine actually getting this gifted. That person would be out of my life instantly

Ha ha ha. I would love to receive one of those. Then I'd knock that mother fucker unconscious. Then rip up the card and sprinkle the tiny bits on their face.

Are these the new gay cards?

>"haha you dropped your gay card!"
>person looks down
>laugh in their face

>>socioeconomic
>the fuck do they even mean by that?

not getting your groceries paid for by the gov't is a privilege now

day of the rope when?

Yeah. I would knock them the fuck out.

Good way to get your ass handed to you. Are they trying to inflate arrests of white men? Is calling spics white to manipulate the data not cutting it?

Interacting with shitskins is the ultimate red pill

something tells me there's going to be more people passive-aggressively (and anonymously) leaving these for people to find rather than having the balls to hand them to someone face-to-face

CALL IT A HUNCH

>citizen
What the actual fuck

>Implying being able-bodied is a "privilege"
Nope, it's a choice.

Mfw I can't check all the boxes because I am not Christian REEEEEEEEE
Redpill me on conversion, can I prevent to be a believer just so I can piss off leftist cunts?

>white
Fine
>male
I get it
>christian
Oh fuck off, christianity isn't exclusive to white people
Plenty of hispanics and blacks practice it as well

What is wrong with your country hamburglers.

>Cannot agree or relate to:

what the fuck

>see card
>smile at person who gave it to me
>"Thanks! You just acknowledged that I'm better than you!"
>happily skip away past card giving pleb user

>implying there aren't people who need limbs amputated or burn victims.

You probably need one of these cards.

this thread full of based privilege

I don't believe I know anyone who would hand out one of these cards but the last second they would be in my life is the second I saw they had them.

How is this a present? This is as much a present as somebody on the street shoving a petition into your hand

If someone were to hand that card to me I would falcon punch them in the balls

Able bodied is kinda privilege because there are cripples but man I've never seen any cripple complain about being screwed over in life, they have dignity. But those retards totally missed the biggest privilege of it all - being born in a healthy family with two hetero parents that have not divorced yet.

Acknowledge. It really is an awful, shallow thing because they never offer a solution other than "shut up! The disabled black gay woman is talking"

Tumblrinas think that Christianity is only an American and West European thing. They don't know a single thing about their pet pocs.

There's some hard-hitting irony in some spoiled upper-middleclass consumer whore buying 10 shitty paper cards for $5 to tell others they're priviledged...

Two can play at that game. Sup Forums cards when?

privilege: checked.

Though I might have to do some specifying.
>white
does white latino count?
>socioeconomic
I'm in college and don't earn any money but my dad earns $400,000 annual, does that count?
>Christian
yeah, I'm Catholic which is best Christian, but they were le opressed by buttmad proddies in the early days of America
>Male
no question here
>heterosexual
good thing fapping to traps is not gay
>Able-bodied
I'm overweight, could that count as some sort of handicap?
>Citizen
Of course it's a privilege to be America. I also have 2 other nationalities though.

ignoring the fact no one in their right mind would buy these things but they are fucking $5 for 10, that's ridiculous you can get a thing of 500 business cards made for $10 jeez louise they got em comin' and goin'

A pack of ten cards cost $5. They're sold out. I'm amazed anyone bothers to buy them. Those things seem to be just black-and-white cards with no graphics or anything appealing on them, you could just print them yourself instead of wasting money.

Also, gotta love how passive-aggressive they are. Giving those to your loved ones would be a pretty assholish gift. One thing I really hate about these people is their refusal to come up with arguments in a debate, they just go "check your privilege" or "it's not my job to educate you" or "quit mansplaining".

>Citizen

tHIS!

Give them back a donation in their name to the Trump foundation.

Albeit being of Chinese decent, I would still fucking vivisect the motherfucker who gave me this with a meat cleaver. The irony here is too fucking high, as stated above. The fact that people with those "privileges" who refuse to acknowledge them will go out of their way to buy this and give it to somebody pains me in the deepest part of my soul. The fact that this exists makes me want to end myself with a .357 right now. Fuck these libtards.

Hispanic counts; Latino doesn't.

The only actual privileges are socioeconomic and being able-bodied (which isn't special since most people are). Being Christian isn't even a privilege since they are treated terribly all around the world.
The left made this whole privilege theory up in order to get a sort of class-struggle going, which in turn they use to push for more leftist-progressivism. This whole privilege thing means literally nothing.

They really haven't learned a damn thing have they?

hillary still won the nigger vote

Welcome to the world of "white privilege" where nothing belongs to you.

Not your culture, not your people, not your country, not your society, not your women

Oh by the way "check your privilege".

I like how whites are the true planetary minority but "minorities" like to abuse our empathy and demand shit from us, including permanent residency in our countries.

Collapse of civilization will be caused by this.

Kek. That's how we could turn it around. Just write nigger, spic, fag etc. and leave them for liberals to find. Watch the triggerings ensue.

We can make our own for less money. When word gets out that muh ebil nahzees are writing derogatory words on privilege cards, liberals won't want them anymore. SJWs BTFO

>you have made a comment others cannot agree with or relate to

Not everything is all inclusive.

cant you just return the card? I mean the person who gave it to you obviously didnt check their able bodied privilege. Having hands and all...

Why? The only difference is my Brazilian heritage instead of Mexico or Colombia.

>being Christian is a privilege
How the fuck does that even work, anyone can be a Christian if they convert, there is no privilege involved in it. Its not like being a Jew where you're born into it