Inform me why transgender-ism is a mental illness, give me facts

inform me why transgender-ism is a mental illness, give me facts

pretty neutral on this issue

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100204144551.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder
adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd
nytimes.com/2016/07/01/health/transgender-population.html
youtu.be/2X-PgHSZh6U
cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/hormone/general-side-effects-of-hormone-therapy
wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120
cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change
shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/magazines/special-issues/national-geographic-gender-revolution-special-issue---u.s.
minds.com/blog/view/619184847767744523
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a mental illness, because I think it's yucky

/thread

do normal people feel the urge to mutilate their penis / vagina and other body parts because they claim to have "been born a different gender"

while asking questions like
>why was I assigned this gender?
>why do i love BBC
>why do people look at me weird when i wear a short nylon dress that wraps around my anus?

When I think that I am something that I'm not, say for example, I think that I am an oak tree, you would probably say that I'm crazy. How would it be any different if I said that I am a woman when in fact I am indeed a man?

>When an animal can't do some basic biological function, it's called an illness
>Do not reproduce
>Try to fuck up the rest of the population

They're are intersex genders and they make up less then .1% of the population.
The rest is mental illness.

Human genetics xx/xy leads to hormonal cascades which develop your body.Though there are some very rare exceptions, that's it and those who insist they are inherently different are just protesting biology, usually because they are gay and insecure about that fact.

Yet another Sup Forums teir thread.

We need a happening to restore Sup Forums.

It's a biological dead end. How are you supposed to pass on your genes on a same sex relationship? You can lie to yourself but not to nature

So would you consider someone who has a strong urge to mutilate their reproductive organs, fuck up their entire body, endocrine system with hormones dress up in the opposite sex's clothes, act like the opposite sex in a exaggerated way, pretend that by doing that they're as much as a woman/man as the real ones or maybe the favt that they kill themselves so often because their head is a fucked up place that knows they'll never be the opposite swx but at the same time their insane twisted mind tries so hard to believe it.
Just search for any of those comics made by trannies and you'll realize how mentally ill they're.

They want their dicks chopped off, bruh. Use common sense.

Being convinced you're something you're not, is a mental illness. It's really that simple.

iirc stats say 50% preop trans kill themselves

stats also say 50% postop trans kill themselves

I'd say this is a bretty strong indication of mental illness and lack of efficient treatment

sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100204144551.htm

From an evolutionary perspective, gaus are supposed to act in a fimilial support role to ensure the survival and success of their siblings offspring. This is probably why the genes associated with homosexuality are more likelu to remain dormant in the first kids a couple has, and why thr chance of having a gay kid increases with the larger number of children a couple has

It could be considered a form of disassociative identity disorder. They feel like they are someone they aren't.

This is very easily treated with medication and supportive therapy that does NOT encourage the errant thoughts to continue.

However, because the mental health system in America has been thoroughly declawed, and has been infiltrated by globalist teaching and complete frauds passing themselves off as doctors, the afflicted instead are allowed (and encouraged) to get worse and deepen in their delusions. Then they get prescribed hormones (which wreak fucking hell on your body, no matter how early/late you start), and eventually get surgery and effectively get mutilated with a doctor's help (and probably on your tax dime as well) to become a crude facsimile of a female. However, what they fail to realize is that this again is only a short term solution for most of these people, who will never be satisfied and eventualy go into a deeper depression which often leads to suicide.

Any doctor or psychiatrist who takes part in this should have their license revoked and be held accountable for any suicides they caused due to their gross negligence in effectively enable a seriously unwell patient to become even sicker in the head.

(Although in most cases it's just faggots jumping on the trend, and it's just flimsy justification for their homosexual thoughts and tendencies. Again, this used to be easily treatable and was considered a mental disorder until bleeding hearts got homosexuality taken out of the DSM.)

Let's say I desperately want to have my hand amputated.

Is that a mental illness?

They desperately want to have their dick amputated.

Whether some overwhelming desire is a mental illness or not is quite subjective.

"Reality is a social construct. Humans aren't animals."

>It could be considered a form of disassociative identity disorder.

The disorder already has a name. It's called gender dysphoria. It's a mental disease that leads down to the affected person to cause irreparable psychological damage (desperately trying to believe that they are a gender they aren't and never will be) and irreparable physical damage (mutilation through surgery and chemical imbalances through hormone therapy).

It can't be more simple than that: they mutilate themselves, and believe they're something they are NOT. Not even gonna mention suicide rates, or associated mental illnesses. Gender dysphoria has one of the highest co-morbidity (means it is related to other issues) rates of any mental illness

>Brain believes it is female
>Has a male body

So it is quite literally in a state of delusion over it's physical self, a conflict between mind and body. Seems to fit the definition of mental illness perfectly, in absolutely the literal sense.

But wait, that hurts people's feelings so let's not call it a mental illness. Culture of the moment, don't you know.

A few modifications could bring you very damn close to being a woman.

>was considered a mental disorder until bleeding hearts got homosexuality taken out of the DSM

Which was a purely political move, since they had NO scientific arguments for that move, or any studies to refute that homosexuality was a mental illness.

>Completely normal, healthy body
>For so,e reason their mind tells them they should be the opposite sex and should go to extreme lengths of self harm and self mutilation to make the unachievable transformation into that sex happen

how is that not a mental illness?
If someone said they want to cut off their leg because they felt bad about not being a one legged person, you'd think they were mental, would you not?

Transexual here.
Who gives a shit. You only know we exist now because the lefties crying about everyone being oppressed.
Like this is such a non issue, we're not even 1% of the population yet you people have made it seem like we're the same size as the gay community.
The only things you need to know is

The ones that end up depressed are the ones that want children but wont admit it (its hits them when they're 30 just like a woman) and those who end up in a "lesbian" relationship.
If you want to know how good/bad on average we look on hormones go to the m2f reddit page as it documents the changes most people go through, through the months.

>But wait, that hurts people's feelings so let's not call it a mental illness. Culture of the moment, don't you know.
There is much more money to be made pushing it on the population, especially children.

>If someone said they want to cut off their leg because they felt bad about not being a one legged person, you'd think they were mental, would you not?

Psychology and psychiatry recognizes that as a mental disorder. The reason hey don't apply it to "trans" people? Political only.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_dysmorphic_disorder

adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd

>Transexual here.

I hope one day you realize how sick you are and get the actual help you need. I hope one day science makes people like non-existent. I hope for a brighter and happier future.

Okay, that's nice. You're still mentally ill and should have gotten real help instead of being enabled and coddled in your delusion.

>doesn't bring any argument on why it's not a mental diseases
>who cares guise?

You're not only mentally ill, you're also an idiot.

>it's classified as a mental disorder
>the only difference between a mental disorder and a mental illness classification is risk of harm
>basically if your mental disorder poses a risk to yourself or other people around you, it will be classified as a mental illness
>thus what they are saying by classifying trasngenderism as a mental disorder instead of a mental illness is that cutting of your penis, taking hormones and drugs to change your body's chemistry is not "harmful" to you

>BUT there are already mental ILLNESSES where people FEEL as though their bodies, or body parts specifically aren't theirs and want to cut off those body parts so they can live as they feel.

>there's no difference between these illnesses and transgenderism. Something is getting cut off either way.

>thus the only conclusion you can draw is that transgenderism has been "demoted" from a mental illness to a mental disorder because of social pressure and left politics, I say "demoted" with quotes because really there's no difference between the two.

The real issue here is that people believe science is some objective truth machine where you press a button and an objective truth pops out. That couldn't be more untrue. Science is heavily influenced by social consciousness and dictate by current political consensus. And social science is almost entirely dictated by politics of the time.

The reason for transgenderism is simple. It's a stupid non issue being politicized in order to agitate and mobilize young and impressionable
under your cause. You of course only want their votes, but what they want is to feel like they have a purpose. Like they are fighting some big bad oppressor and helping the oppressed. Like they are on the right side of history. That's the stuff you're selling and they can't get enough of it. That's why young people always vote left.

>give me facts
it is illness

there. glad i could help

Because gender dysphoria makes your life a lot shittier.

Even if it is a mental illness, it doesn't follow that people shouldn't be able to get the surgery/hormones they want and be able to make good decisions about their life.

People with a mental illness are not all gibbering idiots who don't know what's best for themselves.

Their mental illness, like many others, requires a treatment (hormones and surgery) that helps them to feel happy with themselves and thus able to contribute to society.

I see no issue, really.

Daily reminder that whatever you mutilate, you will never come close to being of the opposite sex. Best case scenario, you're still a man or a woman, worst case you're so fucked up you end up being neither.

Logic

Somebody's identifying as something he isn't
Everybody's got a masculine and feminine side, yet you are either born with an innie or outtie.
Identifying as sarah conner doesn't make you sarah conner - no matter how many operations you get

It is a growing problem, which supports claims that it is a learned or pushed mental illness.
>About 1.4 million adults in the United States identify as transgender, double a widely used previous estimate, according to an analysis based on new federal and state data.
nytimes.com/2016/07/01/health/transgender-population.html

Come on ameribro, you can spell better than that

>Their mental illness, like many others, requires a treatment (hormones and surgery) that helps them to feel happy with themselves and thus able to contribute to society.
You're confusing treatment with enabling their illness. Treatment isn't to mess with your body chemistry radically, and then mutilate your genitalia and encouraging they are something they are NOT.

>I see no issue really
Because you're an imbecile.

I wouldn't say not being able to have children is the only cause or even the main one. Trans people get shunned by family and old friends and not having support makes it that much harder to have a decent life.

I demand to be treated as the fuhrer then

>faggots are natural born cuckolds

news at 11

>requires a treatment (hormones and surgery)
Try helping them feel good in the body they currently reside, or helping them feel more comfortable with their identity, instead of drugging them up and mutliating them.

>that helps them to feel happy with themselves
They will never be happy if you allow them to sink deeper into their delusion. The suicide rates of people who don't get real help speak volumes.

>and thus able to contribute to society.
The only thing multilated neuters contribute to is degeneracy and the continued decline of the species.

People who think like you are a very big problem.

Here's what happens:

>chat up a woman
>find out it is actually a hairy arsed geezer in disguise
>do a 360 and walk away.

Being a frock-wearing Homo is a much better option. All that surgery is ultimately going to make you miserable.

So does that mean the durkas believe they are IEDs?

>Trans people get shunned by family and old friends and not having support makes it that much harder to have a decent life.

Yes, people don't tend to be supportive of someone mentally ill. Trans get depressed because not everyone accepts their distorted vision of reality. No matter how much they try to be treated as women, they're not women.
You need to think about the fact that these trans people want to be treated exactly like women, so when straight men say "fuck no" they get depressed and call them bigots.

Yeah there is something shady about the uptick. I'm guessing it's another thoughtful gift from Our Benefactors just like every other shitty thing that has happened in the past 50-60 years.

>All that surgery is ultimately going to make you miserable.
this

you'll never be a woman. period.

>le all trannies want surgery meem

I'm a tranny. I'm not gonna mutilate my dick because it's disgusting and horrific.

It's kek's way of stopping the degenerate's form reproducing

Almost as bad as the meme that they think we're all hairy ass old men because they cherry pick the older people who transition quite late.

This. They post some images of some fetishist hons and call it an argument.

Do you really need to be told why a man wanting to lop his own dick off might not be all right in the head?

Because it literally is a mental illness
There are ICD-10 diagnostic codes for different variations of gender dysphoria.
The best way to treat true gender dysphoria, which means after an extended period of time with doctors and shrink appointments, is to let the patient go through with "changing his/her gender".
This produces the best possible outcome in most cases, as the suicide rates plummel afterwards, and people report being generally more happy than before.
It is not considered a mental illness in Denmark from today actually, I don't know where i stand on that.

>decide to go trans
>hormones fuck up all kinds of shit in your body
>get implants
>used for a quick lay by bisexuals/gays on grindr or whatever
>get stds
>start getting older
>wrinkles
>hair loss
>realize you don't even remotely pass as a cute girl anymore
>you hit 30, you're ugly
>every fucking insecurity about yourself and how people see you bubbles to the surface
>suicide

This is what ACTUALLY happens.

>You need to think about the fact that these trans people want to be treated exactly like women, so when straight men say "fuck no" they get depressed and call them bigots

That's just typical of an idiot sjw like in this video youtu.be/2X-PgHSZh6U

Kind of how fat people cry that we set our beauty standards too high but can't handle being told that their standard calorie intake is too high.

But there are mtf trans that try to get by unnoticed and turn people down irl because they are afraid of how people will react to the fact that they hit on someone who was born a boy.

>This. They post some images of some fetishist hons and call it an argument.

The argument that you're both mentally ill young (or old) men has nothing to do with your physical appearance.

Coupled with the fact that reality doesn't magically changed around them once they've "transitioned". Straight guys won't touch them, most people won't pretend to accept their delusion and deep down, they know they're not women (no reproductive system).

>this meme

If you transition pre 23, you will look effeminate your entire life unless you go off hormones

Taking hormones is also self mutilation

Most trannies like me don't deny it's a mental ill ess. It's just that the cure is transitioning.

Oh, please do explain how.

Other people in the thread have brought the science into it but think of it in the simplest way; if not mental illness, what else would you call the compulsion to mutilate ones own genitals with the intention of changing into something one can never be?

Once again, the majority of trannies don't have surgery.

Trannys make the claim they were born with the wrong sexual organs. Burden of proof is on them.

I don't feel I was 'born with the wrong organs'. That's melodramatic.

I just feel that I'd be far more comfortable and happy living as a girl.

kek I'm just running around with unnatural tits and a dick nothing horrifying about that

>we set our beauty standards too high
Beauty standards are hardwired. Don't fall for the "beauty is a social construct" meme.

>hit on someone who was born a boy
You meant to say, "hit on another male who's trying to pretend he's a woman".

"Self-mutilation, hormonal imbalance, constant self-delusion is the cure."
You're basically gay men LARPing that they're women, except you don't know you're LARPing and want everyone else to pretend.

>I haven't researched hormone replacement therapy so I need to be spoonfed.
Hormone therapy in general has a lot of side-effects:

cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancers-in-general/treatment/hormone/general-side-effects-of-hormone-therapy

>blood clots
>memory problems
>weight gain
>mood swings
>depression

>I just feel that I'd be far more comfortable and happy living as a girl.
"I don't wanna be a girl, I just wanna live like one in every way!"
You must see the paradox in that statement, right? Or, if someone asks you what gender you are you say "male" ?

Cut off penis, not many people care, but some in fact support it.

Cut off buttocks, and everyone is concerned.

wsj.com/articles/paul-mchugh-transgender-surgery-isnt-the-solution-1402615120

cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/johns-hopkins-psychiatrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

The John Hopkins institute(or whatever the fuck it's called) was a pioneer in sex change surgery. They stopped doing it, and advocating for it, because they found out that it didn't make people happier or fix their mental issues in any real way.

Gender dysphoria usually resolves itself by adulthood(not always obviously), but now we're trying to force this non-scientific ideology on children...

shop.nationalgeographic.com/product/magazines/special-issues/national-geographic-gender-revolution-special-issue---u.s.

I give a shit, that's who. We have gone from being ok with some ADULTS choosing to be transgender, to advocating this stuff on highly impressionable children...Usually done by abusive parents.

If the mind believes the body should be something it cant be, then its a problem with the mind. clearly.

Anyone who believes something that is obviously untrue is mentally ill.

The tranny believes he is a woman in the face of clear evidence he is not.

It's low test combined with a feminine upbringing or vice versa. Part nature, part nurture.

>le larping
I know I'm not a biological woman. I don't care. I just would prefer to live and be treated as one.

>Hormone therapy having side effects makes it self mutilation
By this logic, all drugs with side effects are self mutilation.

>"I don't wanna be a girl, I just wanna live like one in every way!"
Nice strawman. I'd love to be a biological woman and be able to have kids, but I know I can't so I'm not gonna chop my dick off.

You have a penis or a vagina, the only ones that don't have specifically one or a have some kind of mutation of one count to a number of 1/10000 or less.

Even then they basically have a fused twin siblings genitals on them, THERE ARE NO TRUE HUMAN HERMAFRODITES!

>I know I'm not a biological woman. I don't care. I just would prefer to live and be treated as one.
Once again you say "I'm not a woman, but I wanna live and be treated like one." You seem confused.

>By this logic, all drugs with side effects are self mutilation.
Yes, they are since you are doing harm to yourself (do you even know the definition of self-mutilation?) but it almost always entails greater benefits than drawbacks. Your use of them is purely elective, not necessary, so yes, it is pointless self-mutilation. You're altering your natural hormones, at considerable risk, to continue enabling the delusion you're something that you're not. You keep confusing treatment with further injury.

>Nice strawman. I'd love to be a biological woman and be able to have kids, but I know I can't so I'm not gonna chop my dick off.
You say: "I want to pretend I'm a woman and everyone else pretend I'm one too, without being a woman." Do you really not see the self-contradiction there? You admit you're not a woman, but you want to act and be treated as one. Again, I ask, if someone asks what your gender is, what do you reply? You can't say woman, because you know you're not one, but I'm gonna guess you'd reply "Woman". How then, are you different from someone who think they're a cat, wants to live as one and be treated as one. Saying (duh, I know I'm not a cat, but all my life will be lived like one).

I have only ever met transexuals (mine are average) who had above levels of T and along with that I was raised in a heavy male enviroment that every time I acted like a faggot I was mocked by my brother and father.

>I'm not a woman, but I wanna live and be treated like one." You seem confused
>I want to pretend I'm a woman and everyone else pretend I'm one too, without being a woman." Do you really not see the self-contradiction there? You admit you're not a woman, but you want to act and be treated as one.
I'm not BIOLOGICALLY a woman. Mentally and socially, I am.

>is pointless self-mutilation. You're altering your natural hormones, at considerable risk, to continue enabling the delusion you're something that you're not. You keep confusing treatment with further injury.
Though hormones for transsexuals ends dysphoria and depression. It's used by medical professionals. It's not elective. I didn't choose to be trans.

Our ancestors would have put them to death for this.

Our ancestors were pretty fucking based. I mean, they survived without Sup Forums and mobile phones... like with animals and shit in the wild!

So seriously though, it's mental illness because we are born as either male or female. Your body produces naturally the chemicals and composition that define male or female... if those are out of line, well, something is wrong.

It's like going to the Dr when you've broken your arm. 100% with normal arms arm not this way, so it must be fixed.

Anyway, that's just like my opinion man. Don't really care what they do, it's not my business unless they push their agenda on me

>Our ancestors would've put then to death
Emperor Nero had a trap bf.

Do you like to get your ass pumped by Abdul and Tyrone?

The only difference between gay men and transgender people is that transgender people expect everyone to participate in their fantasy of being a biological female where gay men just expect you to tolerate it.

>I'm not BIOLOGICALLY a woman. Mentally and socially, I am.
I'm not biologically a cat, mentally and socially, I am. In other words "I'm a woman in EVERY OTHER WAY except being a woman.
I understand that you need a healthy amount of cognitive dissonance to be able to somehow reconcile biological reality with the one you want, and I commend you for at least being here. This is why you must inevitably resort to mental gymnastics that want to theorize that biology can somehow be manipulated by a cognitive process- what's in my MIND is more important (which, I , Felix the cat approve of, not so much psychiatrists though).

For the last time, I ask - are you a woman or a man? Your only recourse is to say "I'm a woman, but not in the biological sense." To which I will always reply "I'm a cat, but not in the biological sense." to reflect your fallacy.

>Though hormones for transsexuals ends dysphoria and depression.
>hormones that cause depression don't cause depression
Some more of that mental gymnastics going on here.

>It's used by medical professionals.
Who also deem any other form of dysphoria (except amazingly gender one) as a mental illness and would refuse to chop off someone's arm because they think they're a 1-armed bandicoot.

>It's not elective
Elective surgery can refer to optional surgeries (which are neither immediate, nor life-preserving). Your surgery would neither be immediate nor life-preserving. You have cosmetic surgery, that's it.

>I didn't choose to be trans.
I know you didn't, I didn't say you chose it. Nobody chooses a mental illness. You are however choosing to continue to live in a delusion. Maybe you're not to blame yourself, but the highly politicized world of medical and psychiatric practitioners. Perhaps you're a victim of a world who would indulge and enable you in your mental illness to further their political goals.

>Emperor Nero had a trap bf.
Emperor Nero was literally insane, and went down in history as one of the most destructive, mad and degenerate rulers.

t. Felix the cat

I wouldn't even give a shit if young children wouldn't be put on hrt right fucking now.

minds.com/blog/view/619184847767744523

here's a blog on the subject.

>The reality is gender dysphoria is not a unique mental disorder, there are other, similar disorders that are classed as such, yet no attempts to link them get made, there is a whole spectrum of dysphorias, ranging from body parts to the whole body, all of which those afflicted suffer the same symptoms as those with gender dysphoria, especially in regards to suicidal feelings and thoughts.

>Gender reassignment surgery DOES NOT improve the suicide risk of sufferers of this disease, any claims to the contrary are inconclusive due to the nature of the disease and lack of actual solid knowledge of how many suffer gender dysphoria, many sufferers stay silent.

Wow! That means it worked! By pure delusion they've betrayed nature and will now be happy forever!

The fact of the matter is the suicide rates aren't better after "transitioning". Do you really think there isn't some element of mental illness present with people who so frequently wash down a bottle of pills and slit their wrists in a warm bath?

being trans, or atleast the sceintific theory of it, is caused by the incorrect brain structure and/or hormonal instincs being born into the incorrect body. this could beleivably happen as the birth process is known to fuck up (ie. Oh shit! I was born without fucking knees! I have to walk like a fricka fracking stump waddler! KEYOOOAR!)

>It's a mental problem.
That seems to be the general consensus. The debate now is whether it is morally acceptable to give the loon a knife, and if marketing this en masse would have negative effects on the population.

>being trans, or atleast the sceintific theory of it, is caused by the incorrect brain structure and/or hormonal instincs being born into the incorrect body

Gonna need some sauces on that.

But even if what you're saying is true, let's assume it is - there is NO way for a man to become biologically a woman, except cosmetically. So your brain will never be in the "right" body, since all you're doing is chopping off your genitalia and artificially blasting a male body with female hormones. To use your "born without knees" comparison - it's like drawing a pair of knees on that person and telling them "you have legs now!"

This.

It's as simple as this.

It's the same argument for why homosexuality is a mental illness or at most a fetish.

Who fucking wouldn't?
Free drinks at every outing, flirting your way out of trouble, crying your way out of trouble, never having to worry about being hit by a man because it would ruin his life, cheat on your husband and still walk off with half his shit for the rest of his life, taking a career for fun knowing noone will shit on you if you quit and did nothing but watch coronation street and fold laundry all day, beta males at your beckon call willing to do anything under the pretense of pussy pounding but never being man enough that you have to deliver.
Women have it pretty fucking easy, man.

However, wanting to escape the responsibility of manhood doesn't absolve you of that responsibility. To everyone on this earth you are not a woman and never will be. Furthermore, you are no longer a man. You are a degenerate who has refused to further his family line. An abject failure who has cast off the yoke of responsibility to your family, your race and your nation to wallow in the hedonistic delusion that perverting your body will lead to happiness instead of a cowardly death by your own weak hand. It really is a shame to think your diseased and bloated corpse will only be found by your landlord when rent comes due after your inevitable suicide. I just hope for your familys sake they abandon you long before you can burden them with any further humiliation.

Im going to say this as simple as I can.

I have PTSD, Society tells me that I have something wrong with me and I should seek treatment.

HE/SHE/IT over here wants to cut his willie off... and society thinks it is perfectly acceptable.

t. Someone who just lost an argument

No it's not, it's utterly beautiful.

>neutral
>on any issue
get off the fence faggot.

Biologically there are men and women and that's it and the only reason people want to be trans is because of chemical inbalances in the brain and hormone systems or a mental issue that causes them great confusion.

It is literally a mental illness and it's not an attempt to attack them it's the reality of what it is.

Blaire White seems pretty happy.

The mental illness part is due to gender dysmorphia. All trannies feel this in some way I assume, but the ones who can actually pass as the sex their brain thinks they are will likely be much happier as a result. Society treats them better, so they have less stress and depression. If I saw Blaire walking down the street, I'd think she was a girl. A good looking one too. If I saw Brianna Wu walking down the street, I'd cross the road.

So, pretending to be something you're not and taking it seriously, forcing everyone to take your pretenses seriously and as fact isn't obvious mental illness?