Old flags

Old flags thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n7fJBUH1JCE?t=45s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ancient warbanner of the didgeridindu tribe of North-Eastern Queensland.

There is only one flag worth using.

Flag of the Serbian Empire

kys

Too bad that pretty much everyone except the Serbs hate that flag.

blood stripe

Go fuck yourself, you communist piece of shit.

Serbs hate the flag too. Just the libtards who never actually lived in those times actually think it was good.

Helvetic Republic (now Switzerland)

Kingdom of Yugoslavia must have been good times though, right?

Literally Africa tier. Also, has there ever been much desire from the Swiss to join Germany?

The coat of arms looked cool.

Not really.

We'd have been better off on our own, without involving Croatians.

Pan-Slavism is a mistake.

the Tri-colour is alright though

No, never.
Nearly half of the country doesn't even speak German.

not really, only croats hate that flag
and edgy nedic/ljotic traitor children like

What our flag should have been all along.

Damn right

Tito was literally the worst thing to happen to Serbia.

Not only did he allow Albanians to stay in Kosovo and Metohija, but he also granted it and Vojvodina autonomy, which fucked us over in the long run.

He and his kind were literally funded by the British to overthrow the actual government of the country, when the treaty with the Germans was signed.

I mean for the German part at least? Also, what actually is Romansh? Linguistically speaking.

To be honest, my father also always told me how much better it was with Tito.
But the Croats and Serbs never came along that good, especially after Tito died.

No, not even really the German part.

Romansh sounds kinda like Italian, but still pretty different.

youtu.be/n7fJBUH1JCE?t=45s

What if it were a union with Bulgaria as well? I reckon Bulgarians and Serbs might (correct me if I'm talking out my arse) have enough in common to be able to hold the rest of the country together? South Slavic, both Orthodox.

>Bulgarians
>Slavic

Dude, what?

They're Orthodox, sure, and there's been some mixing over the last 1000 years, but no one ever considered them as Slavs.

IMO, the best possible thing for the Balkans would be a small union of sorts between Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Macedonia and Serbia. We already have a small trade group going on between us. Well, maybe not Macedonia. Greece doesn't like the place existing.

Real talk: if we want to make Balkans better, we have to kill off the politicians first. We're probably one of the most corrupt shitholes in the world.

Not really, they don't like each other that much either. Just look at the situation with these two in the first World War.
Especially because the Kingdom of Serbia took Macedonia, wich the Bulgarians claim to be their land.

It's the Balkans, no one really likes anybody down there.

Interesting. Could you possibly shed some kind of light on Swiss nationalism? What actually unites your country? It seems so divided culturally.

Beautiful tricolour, hideous coat of arms.

Lotsa $$$?

How do we get poland to invade us?

Go for a majority islamic pop...
Oh well.

I understand the whole thing with Bolghars. And then the crazy amount of Turks living there. But they are actually Slavs aren't they? Or are they actually completely different?

Well we're actually a federal republic. It consists of different "cantons".

Swiss people aren't really patriotic like other countries. A lot people say they're "bündner" if they're from Graubünden or just a "zürcher" if they're from Zurich. The people also talk really in a different way if they're not from the same canton.

We should at least change it to that if we become a Republic. Every other design I've seen proposed is faggy.

It's been ages since I read my history books, but IIRC they were some nomadic tribes from the territory of today's Turkey that just migrated westward. Bolgars? Volgars? Can't remember really.

Starting glorious dump

Bolgars are from modern Russia around the Volga river from memory.

Republic of Serbian Krajina

Republic made by Serbian population that wanted independence from Croatia in the Yugoslav Wars.

Came for this, not disappointed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgars

forgot pic

Now this is the best flag we ever had

>a flag within a flag

And this is what our flag should look like nowadays

it was even worse

But still, this is my all time worldwide favourite.

Or

PLACE NOZZLE (HOLE OF GUN) UPWARD TO ROOF OF MOUTH

THANK YOU

So they are basically Turks. But not from Anatolia. But they did adopt the Bulgarian language which is South Slavic. In other words, Bulgaria is a fucking mess.

blah blah blah
we had the highest rate of economic growth in the world in the 1960s (when everyone was booming), from a smaller base, but still, we beat south korea for imstance

thats the problem with a good king: succession
thats why we should have listened to milovan djilas and had democracy from 1952 on

I always thought this one was pretty tough

kys bluepilled piece of shit

this

i agree my man

Old montenigger flag was pretty based
That blue was so beautiful

Independent State of Croatia

A Nazi puppet state.

Glorious 1950s Wales flag

Before communists/separatists took over our nation in the 60s with the formation of the S4C giving Plaid Cymru a permanent platform.

>croats hate that flag
No we don't. Ustase hate it, but fuck them anyway

you need to be 18 to post
also your pirate flag a shit

Why are there so many Serbposters out today?

Does anybody know wich flag Serbia officially uses for the region of Kosovo and Metohija?

shit i didnt know that
all the news that we get here is muh ustashe resurgence in croatia so you never hear about non-nationalists
too bad tito didnt listen to djilas

This

Came back from removing Kebab on Silvester.

None. It doesn't have any.

its a holiday in serbia, today and tomorrow we dont have to go to work or school
>inb4 neet pride
i have a damn job

Holidays probably

Also found this piece of art on jewgle

Take a trip to Rijeka, Pula, Istra in general or walk around Lipik or even Zagreb. Vukovar, Split and Zadar are not Croatia.

Do stay away from Tresnjevka and Dubrava in Zagreb, tho.

Day off after NYE.

It lasts until the 4th for me.

Then on the 7th we have our Christmas.

Then on the 14th we have our New Year.

Flag of the Serb-Croatian friendship (1905–1918)

Wtf is wrong with your calendar?

christmas is on the 7th so its basically "christmas break"

Orthodoxy screws up the holidays.

Serbs use the Julian Calendar.

Wtf i hate Serbia now

Orthodox/Serbs use Julian calendar.

Most people use Gregorian calendar.

It's so bad it makes my eyes bleed.

Communist Bosnian flag.

>flag of Ragusa Republic from 1991, we convinced like three aspies to seceede from Croatia, this was their flag
now Dubrovnik is one of the most Croat nationalist cities in Croatia or so they say

>That tone of blue
>That tone of red
Holy shit, thank goodness we went back to the cerulean we use now.

>you will never have comfiest flag in the world ever again

JUST

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

It does look bad, but I like the meaning of it.

This is actually pretty based, I would have been 100% for this if I was from Dubrovnik.

>Those santa hats on sticks

The French should use this flag again.

The faces of those birds always bothered me. They have a scared expression and seems to take away from the flag's power.

Or maybe I'm just autistic.

They simply need to piss on their current one.

This was our fascist flag too

The phrygian hat is actually in our coat of arms.

Since theres a bunch of you here, can I get a redpill on the Balkans? Why does everyone hate everyone? Why is Kosovo not part of Serbia?