For those of you who are against Trudeau's Carbon Tax plan, I have one question to ask you

For those of you who are against Trudeau's Carbon Tax plan, I have one question to ask you.
What's more important?

1.Canadian Economy.
2.Planet Fucking Earth.

I'm against Canada existing.

Good goy, carbon taxes will save the earth goy

It's important to save our natural resources so that the Chinese can take them in the future and reduce the wilderness to smog and ashes.

/thread

Make sure you pay your air tax.

The economy.

who is going to be taxed?

The corporations who create 99% of the pollution or the middle class that is responsible for the remaining 1%

Every time I hear about this faggots plans it seems to come off smug or like he's trying to shame other people.

>"You are all so stupid. It's current year. I'm so progressive."

Canada, a country with most parts of it frozen, can only profit from global warming.

3. Energy is life and to give your future energy supply by consent in the form of credits, carbon molecules or some other form of taxation to a disgustingly bloated bureaucratic parasitic entity that will only engorge and empower itself in return for 'saving planet earth' is not only foolish but downright dangerous.

Too bad it's a done deal and taxes are never repealed so being 'against' it is really meaningless.

What we need to do is jack the price of gasoline, diesel and home heating oil up to like $15 per gallon. That will show those greedy oil companies who's boss.

There is no canadian economy anymore, you are just 18 months behind before it catches up and you end up living in forest favelas.

Nuke China and we will never need a carbon tax

We already pay double the americans do on gas, and when the price of oil plummeted the price of gas fell about 10%..... but yea im sure this isnt just about the gov wanting more money... idiot

OH HERRO DERE
*dumps 100,000 gallons of chromium waste into ocean*
SO YOU BE OF THE SAYING
*purges oil tanker into farming community water source at 2:00 in the morning and sets sail before sunrise*
HEY WHITE PIGGU
*constructs coal fired copper refinery next to residential area*
SO YOU ARE SAYINGS
*vents hydrogen sulfide off gasses directly into atmosphere*
HORD UP HORD UP
*recycles oil from sanitary sewer to cook fake food made from plastic byproducts and flavoured with ethylene glycol sweetener*
YOU ARE SAYINGS YOU ACTUARRY
*injects meat with sewage water to increase sale weight*
YOU ACTUARRY TAX FOR POLLUTION CREATED FROM BREATHINGS? ??
*burns chlorinated organic chemical byproduct waste in open air pit*
HA HA HA HA HA HA STUPID WHITE PIGGU

I'm a member of the green party but they keep kicking me out of meetings when I discuss my plans to sterilize the 3rd world to save the earth.
The 3rd world are the biggest polluters on our planet and we have to cull them.

Economy. Earth isnt going anywhere in my lifetime

>implying carbon taxes do anything other than raise money
Get your fucking hands out of my pocket Ottawa.

>and when the price of oil plummeted the price of gas fell about 10%

That's almost impossible to believe, In Maryland it went from almost $4 per gallon a few years ago to $1.89 last year and in Virginia is was less than that.

So fellow canucks, when are we gonna rise up? Are you guys angry enough to start organzing? Because sitting on our asses here isnt working too well.

Could you be more specific? I voted last election. What other kind of rising up is a person supposed to do?

Do you not understand how stupid your question is?
Most of us here are nationalists, meaning we will always put our nations needs before the rest of the worlds needs. Regardless of the topic that answer will always be the same.
Usually choosing your nations interests over the interests of others does not mean catastrophe like you are trying to imply it does in this case. If you really think climate change will fuck up the planet anytime this century you are retarded.

The planet earth will always be here. It is a giant ball of dust that has been growing and expanding since the beginning of time. It will still remain to be the same ball of dust that is expanding and growing much longer after we die.

The planet is millions, if not billions of years old and can take care of itself.

If you want to get companies to reduce pollution then give them subsidies to do it, don't punish them with taxes, it'll just make them want to avoid paying taxes. That or implement a fascist corporate state and do it yourself.