Why is free community college a bad idea?

Why is free community college a bad idea?
It doesn't cost that much and it will prepare a future of skilled people!

Even this Muslim gets it. Pell Grant already covers much of the cost, if not all, of most community colleges. Normally community colleges can tax cities and that's why they are so cheap.

there is no such thing as free

Because you're supposed to keep poor people down you dumbfuck.
It's like you're living in La-Di-Da Land and not USA.

is that why everyone is killing themselves in your country??

yep, community college is cheap. And it's better than sitting in a cave all day posting frog pictures. Take notice, NEET/pol/

Free colleges = Useless degree mills

Aren't you faggots already whining about not being able to find a job in your field after getting out of college? What do you think it will be like when literally everybody is going through post secondary education?

>skilled people
fucking kek

aside from that unless you're going to college for sciences its a fucking scam at this point, there are many jobs/trades that don't require anything more than a license or apprenticeship, which cost at the most $150 for testing and/or nothing if you apprentice.

graduating from college is the single biggest regret i have. i have a law degree and the only jobs available pay less than mortgage loan origination which is what i do now and spent the last four years building up my business to a comfortable level.

i'm paying $150k back in student loans on something i'll likely never use. my two young kids will be advised not to go to college unless they are planning on studying math or sciences and are willing to bust their ass to be top of the class. i will make it clear either way im not paying for it.

ba != skill
why do you think the college stats are all fuked up. "college graduates cant find a job". who would guess you cant wokr with a liberal arts degree

An educated work force wants things like "living wages" and "workplace safety standards."

Education is what separates Atlas from the unwashed masses.

What's the value in a free degree?

They're killing themselves in your shitty country too, don't worry.

Obama mentioned this in his SOTU address a couple of years back. According "insiders" almost everyone in Washington supports the idea. They just can't agree on how to pay for it. CC's often double as technical and trade schools for those not planning to attend a university and earn a degree.

I work at a comm college: let me explain something to you:

First of all, the less centralized the government, the cheaper. Most of the funding for community colleges, as the name implies, comes from the COMMUNITY. This cuts down on subsidies, which are what lead to the college debt problem at large.

Another nice thing is that these schools, and their cirriculum for the most part, are controlled by the local population - by getting most of your funds from local tax sources, the community becomes a stakeholder.

Ergo: less feminism, more Cisco. While those stupid courses exist, they have little, if any funding over subjects that society needs to survive, like medicine. Pic related.

Pic related.

Goddamn I think I had a stroke while typing.

remember when Bernie was the only candidate that didn't drop to his knees for AIPAC?

The money would be better spent overhauling K-12 education, I went to an okay public school all things considered and it did not prepare me even slightly for university (or a job)

if you learn skills that directly translate to a job post education, then why would the degree being free lack value? it would also get people in the workforce paying taxes more quickly

Community college is basically free college. Between eligible grant money and lifetime learning and hope credits the two years of community college is essentially free or nearly free. I kept trying to tell berniebots in real life but they had no idea what I was saying because they are uninformed useful idiots

College/a degree needs to be rather selective or at least somewhat rare or else it otherwise loses any value it has.
You could probably get away with making it taxpayer-funded or heavily subsidized so that the attendees didn't have to pay but only if there was some type of screening/acceptance process where only those qualified beyond a certain threshold were allowed in and they were forced to go into skills/majors which were sufficiently difficult to prove that the degree had merit while also providing an economic benefit so that the tax investment wasn't just a fucking waste of resources.

why is your law degree not valuable? i know there was an over saturation, but everyone I know with a law degree has found employment immediately, albeit maybe for a lesser salary than they hoped

College is where kids go to get brainwashed into Marxism

THE NOTION THAT EVERYONE NEEDS A COLLEGE EDUCATION IS SEVERELY LOWERING BIRTHRATES WELL UNDER MINIMUM NEEDED FOR POPULATION REPLACEMENT. Plus it makes intelligent people less likely to breed.

At the very least, these women do not need to be getting sociology and women's studies degrees. It's killing our civilization in the long run.

SAVE WESTERN CIVILIZATION

> gender studies
> skilled

Because someone has to pay, nothing is fucking free. Tax payer getting fucked again.

Pell grants don't exist in US anymore you dick head.

Bullshit, union workers without 'education' in coal mines and factories and shit demanded all of that stuff before anywhere close to a plurality of the populace even had a college degree.
Also education just confers skills, it doesn't change your personality or ability to think, IQ is a much better determinant of that, education doesn't substantially raise IQ, and IQ correlates much better with job performance and ability than going to college does, education is simply a tool which allows people to learn constructive skills which are available to only a subsection of the population which makes them valuable and therefore allow those specifically educated people to make a living that is better than would otherwise be possible. It's useful and necessary, sure, but it doesn't fundamentally transform the character of a society

It would be a very good idea!

Im learning the digital CNC Advanced Manufacturing at a Community College for FREE in my local area because im on Food Stamps.

Paid for by the companies in my area. Weather its Blue or White collar, STEM type jobs are good

>cisco

Whose curriculum is fucking outdated and retardedly counter intuitive with very few jobs, surprisingly.

>Faggot who failed his CCNP :D

What the fuck are you talking about? Their shit runs 80% of the West's network backbone.