Crippling unemployment

>crippling unemployment
>shit wages
>stagnant economy
>sky-high house prices

Hey GREAT idea! lets add another tax!

But we'll call it a carbon tax, what you dont want to support the enviroment? Believe us about the 6 gorillion jobs it'll create.

IT WILL FIX THE ATMOSPHERE!

>meanwhile it will do nothing to fix anything, litterally a slush fund
>everything will increase in price

Dont come to Canada

Other urls found in this thread:

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/bank-of-canada/article32437502/
youtu.be/Wb55teb1gJ0
reddit.com/r/canada/comments/5lnvn9/grown_children_living_at_home_hits_75year_high/dbxcmt6/?context=3&st=ixh5f6ve&sh=24a0fc40\
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumption_smoothing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just move to the countryside, dont get citycucked.

i could have sworn you were talking about australia. not even trolling.

Fuck you Canada a best americnana a worst

>Living in Cities
KeK

carbon tax is everywhere, no jobs in the country side either, unless you wanna farm or do some shitty job

Better start revolting

Seriously why are Canadians such shit?

Can someone from Quebec redpill me on the rest of Canada and why it sucks?

So canada faggots, when are we gonna march on parliament?

Holy shit they finally got the nerve to push the carbon tax huh?

I'm in BC, what do?

Gas is $1.40, I think we will have to start burning faggots for heat.

>Have been under a carbon tax for years and years
>Strongest economy in Canada

Why don't pollution niggers just contribute like BC and stop complaining that there is now a tax on them fucking up our future?

at least you guys have wood you can cut for heat, right?

Saw something from a mostly not-propaganda source the other day saying a Canadian economic recession was coming.

But it could be bs.

>don't come to Canada

You didnt even have to tell me the first time.

When we organize

>Gordo enacts carbon tax
>Bipartisan support in province
>We should march on Trudeau so the rest of Canada pays less for carbon emissions than us

Why?

Biofuel is a meme and one of the biggest boondoggles of Wynnes government in ontario was converting a coal plant to biofuel against the advice of experts, the conversion ended up massively over budget, we wasted money, and biofuel isn't even THAT environmentally friendly.

Then Ontarios electricity prices went up 1/3rd in 3 years.

Do you own guns? If so, step one is complete. Step two is having enough guns and ammo to arm you and one other person. Step three, organize. Step four, march on parliament. Step five ?????
Step 6, profit

Kill gooks in Vancouver

Hope you guys are prepared, the economy is about to tank way worse than 2008.

>asking Quebec the welfare kings about being redpilled.

Saskatchewan is the place that learned from it's leftist past and is fighting this carbon tax bullshit.

The only reason Brad Wall blocked it is because he needs his desperate farmer/energy worker votes.

In regards to an economic recession happening to Canada, Canada has two major liabilities

1: An overheated housing market where housing prices have risen much higher than average incomes and prices are higher than fundamentals dictate they should be

2: Very high levels of household debt, like 2008 US levels, due to interest rates going down and everybody needing to take on debt to not get locked out of the housing market

3: US Fed is increasing interest rates. If Canada doesn't follow, more money will get printed in Canada increasing currency inflation relative to the US and decreasing the value of our exports. If we do follow, Canada risks causing a shitton of people to default on their loans, potentially causing a full blown recession

Despite the memes about Trudeaus governance, the federal government of Canada is more or less fiscally responsible. We have a 1.8 trillion GDP and people are getting their panties in a twist over 10 billion of debt. Federal debt to GDP ratio is under a third. It's really not THAT bad.

What IS bad is that Ontario is the biggest economy in Canada and has suffered under about three decades now of bad governance under three differant parties. They are the most indebted sub-soveign in the world, lack of infrastructure improvements is choking economic growth, electricity prices again went up 1/3rd in 3 years, they're getting under a cap and trade system, and really the only thing propping the province up is that they have the most extreme housing bubble in Canada. BC was nearly bad as Ontario at one point, but it cooled because we implemented a 15% tax on foreign investors, Ontario can't cool the market like that for pants shitting fear of crashing their entire economy.

Our biggest risk is that Ontarios gets fucked basically.

lol three major liabilities not two, forgot to edit that after thinking of third point.

Leafs and Aussies are two sides of the same coin that bitch Julia Gillard Implemented a carbon tax as well and we have everything else you say

>Don't come to Canada

I already know that lol with King Cuck running the place there's a kind humiliation in the air

He promised 10 billion , delivered budgeted deficit of at least 29.4 billion and is expected to be higher when fully tallied.

That is NOT responsible

The US is fucked even worse than Canada m8. If you think anybody can be saved from this much debt you're autistic

Eh really? I heard bad memes then.

Still I think people need to keep perspective of how bad the federal debt load is even if Trudeau is retarded. 2008 wasn't THAT long ago and our debt levels are quite reasonable whereas you look south of the border and they've gone retarded.

People take memes WAY too seriously and think the federal government is in deep shit. We had Harper for 9 years and he kept debt levels pretty reasonable. The main fiscal problems are at the provincial level.

Farming is the ultimate redpill, faggot citycuck.

a fucking leaf

I am just coming back to canada ('berta) after leaving for 5 months because im out of money

am i doing it wrong?

Wait, per liter?!

yes.

>at least you guys have wood you can cut for heat, right?
It's funny because that actually produces more CO2 than burning gas. Enviro-statists really give themselves away when they push people into producing more CO2 "for the environment".

>Burn tree
>Produce CO2
>Grow tree
>Absorb CO2

Dear god the environmental devastation. We better continue burning buried dinosaur juices into the air because it's no worse than burning trees.

Fed raises rates and CAD depreciates (drops in value) relative to USD if the Bank of Canada does not also match the rate increase of the Fed. Depreciating CAD might be a boon to exports in the long run, but the currency shock will have a negative impact on the economy in the short term caused primarily due to business market uncertainty and consumer purchasing power declining rapidly. Purchasing power declines will be felt immediately in gas prices (since oil is traded in USD) and also food imports which is immediately noticable to the consumers pocket. In turn, consumers will react to this currency shock and uncertainty by reducing spending due to feeling poorer.

If the Bank of Canada wants to avoid the aforementioned, then their only chance is to match every Fed increase percent for percent. Of course, that will immediately implode both the Canadian consumer debt bubble and mortgage debt - primarily because mortgage rates are tied to long term government debt yields which are heavily included by the over night lending rate of the BoC.

I keep saying the BoC is between a rock and a hard place, there is no escape this time around and we will experience the deepest and most aggressive recession in our short history as a nation - then the Chinese will buy what's left of our country and politicians.

Also, Canadian consumers owe about $1.75 for every $1 of net income. Most indebted in the world and Ontario has the largest amount of sub sovereign debt in the world.

Strap in, hard times ahead.

I get the sense that BoC plan is to let inflation happen for a bit, tighten lending rules, and then follow the US interest rate hikes later.

>Growing trees captures carbon when we burn trees but not when we burn oil
Nice logic.

As an immigrant I never understood why so many Canadians are in debt. I understand that you have to pay for superior education (Universities) and the house prices are insanely high, but I'd say that 98% of the Canadians I know can't save money for shit. If they have a salary of $1500 every two weeks they will find a way to spend $1600 in whatever, like Yoga classes, bio-food, tequila shots, a new car, whatever. I seriously don't understand this need to spend money like there was no tomorrow. Maybe I'm missing something?

Oh thank God, maybe you will be fleeing to America?

Offset the influx of Brown people?

Come on down you French faggots!

>gas is up to 1.15/litre in alberta
kill us

This is why I buy everything in the states. Live right near the border, which means everything is a 10min drive away. Gas, electronics, pretty much everything besides fresh produce. Have a US mailbox for online orders, hide the $500+ purchase, declare some $50-100 amazon.com order, no tax, no customs fees, nothing.

They can try to tax us all they want. They'll just starve their own industries. This will be Trudeau's Waterloo and by the end of CURRENT YEAR, he'll be out the door after a no-confidence vote, being known for the PM that pissed away his entire legacy on waste and shit.

There you go.

Thanks, I was looking for this image.

>Why do Canadians spend money on exercise, quality food, and transportation???

How fucking terrible, maybe we're buying new cars because we're getting bitchslapped with a carbon tax and they make an unusual amount of fiscal sense these days.

We also don't buy much tequila because liquor is taxed to fuck.

I think a good example of Canadians lack of fiscal discipline is that we buy the most coffee from restaurants of any country in the world IIRC because people can't invest in a fucking thermos and save over a hundred bucks a year.

Also every coffee shop is owned by foreigners except Second Cup which is smalltime.

Interesting insight, I imagine the risk there is how the BoC plans on influencing Canadian debt consumption behaviour. Repeated pleas and calls from the Bank governor to Canadians to deleverage and pay down debts and to take advantage of these low interest periods in that fashion have fallen on deaf ears.

If anything, the inflation we will experience will only act to embolden indebted consumers instead of deleveraging and when the time comes to ramp up rates, we are in even direr economic conditions.

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

The only thing Quebecers know is that they're cucked by Anglo bulls. They don't know what's going outside their little french bubble.

The reason I say I doubt they're following the US is because every time the BoC discusses a rate change they discuss cutting rates, not raising them.

Carbon tax destroyed our mining industry, isn't the other side bringing this up already? All the money we went through to bring it in then repeal it straight away when mines started fucking off?

>implying another one million debt free "refugees" won't solve everything

Moosebucks are going to be Zimbabwe tier rock money soon.

Honest question. When do you Canadianbros have your next election cycle? Or your next political shake-up? Basically when can you do something about the current state of affairs there?

See

theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/bank-of-canada/article32437502/

Quoi?

youtu.be/Wb55teb1gJ0

Isn't the perk of biofuel that we don't have to pay saudis for it?

Burning shit is burning shit after all.

I'm sure you misinterpreted me, I'll try to be more literal: people don't save money. Everything I said could be done alternatively by cheaper methods. If you need to pay $80/week yoga classes to have quality exercise I'm pretty sure something is wrong with you.

My point being that, again, people don't save money. I'm pretty sure no one needs to change cars every six months or every year? I'm pretty sure you won't die if you don't buy bio-food that literally costs twice the price of the "normal not-bio"?

I'm pretty sure people can spend less money in these things so they can save money for hard times? And remember, these were just examples, there are many other ways people spend money that are useless.

Maybe what I'm talking about is completely aliens to you because, you too, can't save money. I don't know, I'm really trying to understand here. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I'm not saving at least 30% of my bi-weekly paycheck on a saving account.

Over the past 30 or so years we've been transitioning to a knowledge economy. Sure there have been growing pains but the fact is, in terms of almost every measure -- poverty, hunger, infant mortality, lifespan, etc. -- things have never been better.

Sure, there will be further growing pains going forward -- and anyone caught in this absolutely deserves full support transitioning to a 21st century career -- but a global, knowledge oriented and green economy is ultimately where we are heading.

Despite angry flare ups -- Trump, Brexit, far-right parties in Europe, etc. -- people driven by hate rather than love, looking to build walls rather than bridges are on the wrong side of history. Innovation is absolutely exploding and our economy is in the end going to work out much better for everyone.

Trying to fight change is pointless. It all comes down to simple demographics: each year, Canada, the United States, and countries around the world are becoming more diverse, more multicultural and more urban. Sure, Drumpf may have been able to scrape out a win this time around. But he got absolutely clobbered by more diverse voters.

These diverse voters are what the electorate of the future looks like, as well in Canada, Britain and around the world. And that future is bright. Don't ever let the doomsayers frighten you into thinking otherwise.

Ontario fag here.

I'm just waiting for this province to implode. I live in Oshawa and the average house price is $350k. An old crack den will go for 200k. Those house prices wouldn't even make any sense if GM never downsized and the feeder plants were in operation, thus retaining a lot of high wage jobs.

> The only thing Quebecers know is that they're cucked by Anglo bulls. They don't know what's going outside their little french bubble.
A large part of our population literally can't learn anything from the rest of the continent unless it is translated / filtered and manipulated by the mass medias.

One thing I can say for sure is that the Rest-of-Canada sucks at assimilating.

Quebec here, 60k before taxes
Fuck this country
I feel poor.as fuck
Everybody ia taxing the fuck out of my ass.
Single, no children, never sick, responsible, I don't cost this country a fucking dime

The hell with this frozen shithole.
I wanna marry a Hawain bitch or something. The hell with this cucked place

collapsing the economy and the currency is part of the plan, goy.

the good news is we will be poor enough to make manufacturing here cheap and competitive against mexico a possibility.

>Honest question. When do you Canadianbros have your next election cycle? Or your next political shake-up? Basically when can you do something about the current state of affairs there?

>Knowledge economy is growing

Is that why software companies have serious problems retaining talent in Canada, and any engineer worth a damn goes to the states? We haven't created any large scale scientific projects/laboratories or reactors in decades. I don't see this innovation you are talking about.

On your point of society improving, that seems to me like a natural consequence of large government establishing higher limits for what is acceptable threshold to receive public money and better technology. I don't believe that Canadians are better off than they were 25 years ago, but we are better off than Americans.

who is going to do the manufacturing ? over 50% of our adult population has a university degree (yea a lot are probably african feminist studies but still, they're not going to do labor)

I know its alien to you. but its called "enjoying life"

We've had it good for too long and have gotten emboldened and overconfident that we are immune to economic cycles. Im an immigrant as well and grew up poor here and was lucky to be instilled with a good work ethic and aversion to spending needlessly - as such I save aggressively and the laissez-faire attitude of my fellow citizens when it comes to debt is foreign to me and incomprehensible. I also value financial freedom and ability to be adaptable and as such I could never envision myself purchasing a nearly century year old home for 350k to 400k which was 150k less than a decade ago.

I think the crowd has lost its mind and is in a frenzy - the fact that Americans deleveraged after 2008 while Canadians had a chip on their shoulder about how dumb Americans are and how that couldn't happen here because of our strong banking system is a sure sign of our folly.

This sense of entitlement and overspending permeates all the way through the top - I work with people who make six figures and they can't make ends meet wasting cash on renos, kid sports, and multiple vacations meanwhile I tucked away 50k this year (two people) and am afraid I didn't save enough to insulate from the coming economic crisis.

>2019
Hang in there leafs!

>Despite angry flare ups -- Trump, Brexit, far-right parties in Europe, etc. -- people driven by hate rather than love, looking to build walls rather than bridges are on the wrong side of history. Innovation is absolutely exploding and our economy is in the end going to work out much better for everyone.

Did you think this up while watching Care Bears reruns stoned at 4:00am yesterday?

The Newfoundland government just introduced a 10% tax on book sales. We have the lowest literacy rate in the fucking country and now they're taxing books. I'm literally shaking right now.

He probably copy-pastes it from Trucucks blog. The "rate rather than love" and "walls not bridges" part sounds straight-up pasted from MSM.

Good goy, stay in debt.

Quebec, 20k, single, no children, never sick, I don't cost this country a single dime. I live with what other people would consider less than the bare minimum, work 3 to 4 nights a week and play a lot of TTRPG.

What the fuck are you doing? Look at your finances, plan accordingly. You're not married and without children, no need to slave away and feed the giant welfare state, man.

>He probably copy-pastes it from Trucucks blog. The "rate rather than love" and "walls not bridges" part sounds straight-up pasted from MSM.

I'm pretty sure that half of Trudeau's policy choices come from late night, stoned, Care Bear rerun watching sessions. The rest come from Gerald Butts.

The mexicans who have a free pass to Canada, obviously.

we keep importing serfs. the country might be poor but there will always be people from poorer countries to make up our service industry worker shortage epidemic.

I wish, but haven't really looked into it but appears really hard. I envy your countries approach to 2nd ammendment, any government that does not entrust its citizens to weapons and self defense is not a government that has their interests in mind.

Nice pic btw.

>10% tax on book sales

Off-topic: I honestly like Canadians. Maybe it's a myth you guys are so nice but from all my friends that've been there, I've just heard that you truly are an ok people.
I've also talked to canadians quite a few times, nice people.
I think that's why you're getting so cucked, marxists taking advantage of your decent nature. Stay strong.

>This sense of entitlement and overspending permeates all the way through the top

This is true. I'm out in the boonies with a lot of stereotypically frugal Scots-Canadian people and its not nearly so bad, but our family in Toronto send our kids the most ridiculous shit for Christmas you can imagine.

It's time to go back
>reddit.com/r/canada/comments/5lnvn9/grown_children_living_at_home_hits_75year_high/dbxcmt6/?context=3&st=ixh5f6ve&sh=24a0fc40\

The people we are importing are also educated AFAIK

No, it's called Canadians are financially illiterate and are doing consumption smoothing wrong.

Educate yourself en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumption_smoothing

We have no national identity. I literally can't think of a country with a less cohesive demographic. So divide & conquer is quite easy here, you barely have to do anything, no solidarity exists anyway

>The people we are importing are also educated AFAIK

Some are, many aren't.

I'm so pissed that Trudeau got elected while I'm in my mid 20s. I honestly would have a significant chance of becoming PM if I start gargling cock and learn frenchenese.

I'm an injun, but not too injun that I would scare normies. I would follow up Trudeau's economic diarrhea with fiscal responsibility and meanwhile leftie's would be under my thumb because muh white guilt.

Once I win the day of the rake can begin.

For now. Minus the 10000 or so saudi royals on vacation courtesy of the canadian taxpayer.

But I swear I read something on Turdy saying all mexicans can come to canada seeing how trump hates them, or something along those lines.

Hahahah
>b-b-b-but MUH "FREE" HEALTHCARE
>b-b-b-but WE CAN'T AFFORD TO READ OR TEACH OURSELVES ANYTHING
Behold the end result of socialism, everyone.

anyone else unable to find a job in BC here?

Not in Manitoba and Saskatchewan

Thank you for the explanation, really makes things clear to me and explains people like Luckily I work with I.T., a field that usually doesn't have a lot of impact when an economic crisis arrives, and like you I've been aggressively saving money (because that's what we do where I come from anyway). I've been saving between 40-50% of my salary every month, so I should be good when the crisis come.

I really think you guys should do something about your schools and add financial education classes or something. You can't just keep spending money like this.

He lifted the visa requirements on Mexicans so they can all come if they want to

>We have no national identity. I
I would never presume to know more about Canada than you do, but all the stories and canadians I've met so far have a pretty strong national identity of being, well, Canadians. (Nice, maple syrup loving people, mostly laidback)

Calm down Sitting Bear.

There's a regional identity in some places, that's about it. Even here in NS there are "Scotch" areas, Acadian areas, small towns which are kind of an English-Irish mix, even a couple of remote settlements with black people. People are friendly with strangers, but distant in their private lives with each other unless they're related or really old friends.

Brazil.

When my money was absolute tightest and I was saving a horde of cash to go to university with, I cut spending so much I basically had no social life. When I was really desperate for cash and fun I used to run a club in the community. I've been asked if I wanted to sign up for Yoga before, I said no because Yoga is super homoerotic, but my incentive for signing up for such a class was that my middle-upper class friends were signing up. When people live in shoebox homes in perticular, people want to meet in the community, and because of high cost of living generally, most ways to do that are pretty expensive. You can be like "Hey guys, why don't we go for a walk and window shop today :D" but you'll just have no friends. The carbon tax is a DIRECT incentive to buy new cars.

Low interest rates are also a direct disincentive to save money. What's the point of saving up a bunch of cash when you will be given a loan that costs fuck nothing? People right now are literally making money leveraging debt to buy houses than they're paying in costs to maintain that debt. Consumer behavior is being manipluated by the Bank of Canada.

I really can only speak out so much against food spending because you look at the Americans buying cheap calorie filled foods and they've become lardasses killing themselves and straining the budget with obesity related disease. As much as I hate whole foods organic granola munching hipsters, I feel spending a good amount of money on food is investing in your own health. Where I draw the line is people eating takeout instead of cooking at home.

FWIW I'm saving 1/8th of my money and years living under the poverty line hardened my fiscal discipline. I've got a freezerful right now of some chili with a pound of ground beef, two pounds of beans, and am filling the rest of my diet with cheap carbs and fats. Gonna entertain myself by going on the internet, I take the bus, I live a pretty lean lifestyle.

>I really think you guys should do something about your schools and add financial education classes or something. You can't just keep spending money like this.

Hahahaha you're crazy dude. That would NEVER happen. Government wants people to spend as much money as they can and go into as deep debt as they can to keep the economy moving.

Shame about the sun damage on her upper back, enjoy my you in return.

>Nice, maple syrup loving people

I think there's an identity connected with the Canadian landscape for the people who live in the right place to experience it. I tap my own maple syrup, pick berries, cut and chop my own firewood, that kind of thing. Some of my neighbours even sell moose meat and make moonshine (but of course I never would, since that's illegal...) I used to live in Toronto, and I never felt nearly so Canadian as I do now.